Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!

Options

Comments

• huru420
    huru420 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this is a great forum very organized
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    Ubnext - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Can we rotate the map around?

Yeah what she/he said!!
    I want the mini map to always rotate so north isn't always on top but the direction of my travel is always on top.

that way when I get in a crowd I am not going in circles trying to figure out which way I am going!

NVM I found out by hovering over the mini map (Default top left corner of screen) you'll see a really small button that if magnified would look like <> which reads FREEZE MINI-MAP

click there and mini map can be frozen or moves when u move.

sorry took me a couple weeks to figure it out and took me a month to find this post again.
  • viicarious
    viicarious Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    im a level 23 blademaster and i have to sit down and meditate for a few minutes after like every two fights.. Is there another way to get health back other than potions/meditating? except genie's second wind cos i haven't unlocked that yet. I come from WoW where you can just eat some food for 20 seconds lol something small and simple like that?

thanks (:
  • EliaMorrumez - Sanctuary
    EliaMorrumez - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the fine faq..But I am confused...how do I get a mount to ride? Im lvl 21 Bm..Is it through the Tiger badge quest?
  • drdreaken
    drdreaken Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ive been have one problem and one problem only. I couldn't get past ever since I started the game yesterday. I've pretty much learned all the other controls and what not (basic ones) and readjusted my hotkeys simply by trying to "look around me!!"

I mean the game seams wonderful so ther has got to be a way to adjust my view and see eft things around me. I vaguely recall something about being able to change A and D from moving the screen side to side to looking left and right but I see nothing under hotkeys or th utilities menu to do this.

It's driving me crazy simply not being able to look in all directions... x_X
    Sorry if I seam offensive. ^.^
  • crazy0wolf
    crazy0wolf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i cant start my game its says game is already running close and try again it makes me mad i cant play. help???
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    crazy0wolf wrote: »
    i cant start my game its says game is already running close and try again it makes me mad i cant play. help???

Reboot. If the problem persists, CTRL-ALT-DELETE, go to your Task Manager, and end the process "elementclient.exe" - that's Perfect World. Then you should be able to open the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited January 2011
    Options
    drdreaken wrote: »
    Ive been have one problem and one problem only. I couldn't get past ever since I started the game yesterday. I've pretty much learned all the other controls and what not (basic ones) and readjusted my hotkeys simply by trying to "look around me!!"

I mean the game seams wonderful so ther has got to be a way to adjust my view and see eft things around me. I vaguely recall something about being able to change A and D from moving the screen side to side to looking left and right but I see nothing under hotkeys or th utilities menu to do this.

Right click and drag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited January 2011
    Options
    viicarious wrote: »
    im a level 23 blademaster and i have to sit down and meditate for a few minutes after like every two fights.. Is there another way to get health back other than potions/meditating? except genie's second wind cos i haven't unlocked that yet. I come from WoW where you can just eat some food for 20 seconds lol something small and simple like that?

thanks (:

Sadly, no mana cookie tables here. Go to an Apothecary and buy potions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • russpy
    russpy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hello from Russia! b:pleased

So, where can I read about servers in PWI? I know Lost City and other. Are they different?
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    russpy wrote: »
    So, where can I read about servers in PWI? I know Lost City and other. Are they different?
    The Servers article at the PWI wiki tells you most of what you need to know about the seven servers that are currently available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • RusSpy - Lost City
    RusSpy - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    The Servers article at the PWI wiki tells you most of what you need to know about the seven servers that are currently available.
    Omg, how can I miss it... Thanks a lot :)
  • texasd
    texasd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Where is my skill window at. Can somebody please show me a picture of where it is.
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    on the toolbar at the bottom right of the screen, click the crossed swords icon
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • drgnmaster08
    drgnmaster08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Where on the perfect world site do I find what server my account is on?
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Reboot. If the problem persists, CTRL-ALT-DELETE, go to your Task Manager, and end the process "elementclient.exe" - that's Perfect World. Then you should be able to open the game.

Best thing to do is not listen to bad advice!

When You are signing in there is a box that says FORCE LOG.
    actually the server didn't quite notice you disconnected. so your forcing it to recognize you are reconnecting.

if this doesn't work then its time to download +CC cleaner and AVGFREE clean all that pron and trojans off your pc.

but just try force log first.
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    drdreaken wrote: »

IDK if this is what your referring to... but I don't think its click and drag.

If you have a mouse with a wheel on it, and all your settings are default, then you can roll the wheel on the mouse and you view zooms in and out.

yes it would be nice to be able to see another 50' in front and behind but then if you look down at yourself from the sky you get 360 degree vision.
    that is when you click and drag the mouse. but this does no good if you are zoomed all the way into your self. (like you see out of your own eyes and not a cam).
    other times it won't work is when you are backed up against a tree or wall or cliff...etc.
  • sangodoc
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Where on the perfect world site do I find what server my account is on?
    One account can use multiple servers. You choose what server you want to be on when you log into the game, and the last server you were on will be your "default" server the next time you play.

If you haven't chosen a server yet, here's my standard help text for that:

You should base your choice of server on whichever ones have the lowest ping time (the smallest MS you see listed when you select the server when logging in) and whether it is PvE (Player versus Environment) or PvP (Player versus Player). If the ping times are fairly similar for you, then the time zone the servers are in may be a factor as well.

The servers are:
    Lost City - This is a West Coast PvP server.
    Heaven's Tear - This is a West Coast PvE server.
    Sanctuary - This is a West Coast PvE server.
    Archosaur - This is a West Coast PvE server.
    Harshlands - This is an East Coast PvP server.
    Dreamweaver - This is an East Coast PvE server.
    Raging Tide - This is an East Coast PvE server.

On PvP servers, once you reach level 30 then anyone can attack your character and you can attack anyone else. On PvE servers, players normally can only attack each other if they go into PK (Player Killing) mode, which lasts for 10 hours minimum. (There are still a few areas, such as some rooms in the Cube of Fate, in which PK is always enabled.)

The East Coast servers are on Eastern time (EST or EDT, UTC -5 or -4, respectively) and the West Coast servers are on Pacific time (PST or PDT, UTC -8 or -7). A lot of events on PWI happen in the evening (8:50 PM - midnight), server time, so if the ping times are about the same you might want to choose based on which coast's time zone works better for you.

For more information on the servers, see the Servers entry in the PWI wiki.

Hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Setrenka - Sanctuary
    Setrenka - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm level 17, spiritual adept and all, why cant I take fox form? Do I have to be naked? Do I have to learn it from someone?
    Ani0akley
    }=)~
  • sangodoc
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm level 17, spiritual adept and all, why cant I take fox form? Do I have to be naked? Do I have to learn it from someone?
    Ani0akley
    }=)~
    Fox Form is a level 9 skill. You should be able to learn it from a venomancer trainer, provided you have enough Spirit Points and coins.

And no, you don't have to be naked to use it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isisss - Dreamweaver
    Isisss - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • XNo_MercyX - Harshlands
    XNo_MercyX - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    how can i see what event is going on where and what time the server time is?. i was always in the info place but not anymore. plz help tyb:thanks
  • sangodoc
    edited March 2011
    Options
    how can i see what event is going on where and what time the server time is?. i was always in the info place but not anymore. plz help tyb:thanks
    As mentioned in the patch notes for the Genesis expansion, this window was temporarily disabled so it could be updated to work for the new expansion. It will be back, I just don't know when.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcanemyth
    arcanemyth Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I notice the resting takes really long to fully restore.
    Is there any skills in the game that makes that waiting time faster?

Or is it suppose to be like that? So, does the game expect us to use a lot of pots?
  • sangodoc
    edited March 2011
    Options
    arcanemyth wrote: »
    I notice the resting takes really long to fully restore.
    Is there any skills in the game that makes that waiting time faster?

Or is it suppose to be like that? So, does the game expect us to use a lot of pots?
    The cleric buff skill Celestial Guardian's Seal adds up to 10 MP & HP recovery per second for 30 minutes (Exalted Renewal does +10 HP/MP recovery for squad and 60 minutes) being the most commonly used skill that does this. Most classes also have some sort of HP and/or MP recovery skill, so it depends on your class which (if any) you're going to get.

You can also get gear that adds MP and/or HP recovery. My level 63 psychic has about +28 MP recovery in her gear. b:chuckle

But yeah, pots are more commonly used. Fortunately you get 100 MP and HP pots for free every 10 levels from your Supply Stash, so it's not a big deal until the mid levels (50-75).

At level 75 you can trade in Tokens of Best Luck for some really powerful HP and MP pots, which should cover you for any of the higher levels.

Alternately, you could buy charms, which will keep your MP and HP from dipping too low automatically.

Hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wezley - Harshlands
    Wezley - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Im a Earthguard Mystic and i want to fly.
    where to buy wings/kite??
    HELP PLS :)
  • sangodoc
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Im a Earthguard Mystic and i want to fly.
    where to buy wings/kite??
    HELP PLS :)
    You get temporary aerogear from the Supply Stash at level 15 (lasts 3 days) and level 40 (lasts 1 week). You get the basic aerogear from a level 30 quest, and this is permanent.

If you want to spend real money, you can also buy aerogear from the Boutique, which is also permanent, and is faster than the free aerogear. If you do buy aerogear, make sure that you are high enough level to equip it, as they have varying level requirements.

Have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yang1976
    yang1976 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ok so I am new to this site and on the homepage I have logged in but I can't figure out how to enter the game I know I'm not blind but maybe cause I have never played a MMPOG game before I can't find it someone pls help me
  • sangodoc
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yang1976 wrote: »
    Ok so I am new to this site and on the homepage I have logged in but I can't figure out how to enter the game I know I'm not blind but maybe cause I have never played a MMPOG game before I can't find it someone pls help me
    This isn't a browser game, so you'll need to download and install the game.

Go to the Downloads page (use that link or the one at the top of the screen) and download the installer and the latest full patch. Once the game is downloaded, install it. Once it's installed it will say it isn't up to date. Cancel the automatic patch update, and use the latest full patch file you downloaded to do a manual patch update instead.

After that you should be good to go!

Have fun! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vanderheer
    vanderheer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hi, I