Archer + BP

Options
12346»

Comments

• Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You enjoy archer for the 5 aps? or do you maybe sometimes actually use the weapon your class was meant to?
    if you only play for the 5 aps, would making a bm or assassin really have made much a difference?

have you even read my thread? i thought not

i have stated that i use my bow as much as i use my fists, i AM still an archer that uses her bow

please read through the entire thread before jumping to conlusions and trying to annoy me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    in tw maybe, but pve no

with R8 now easier to get its possible to kill mobs before they hit you, where as before with tt99 gold bow and maybe +3 refine, it required some skill and crits to do it.

when in an instance such as nirvana, why would you use a bow when you can deal a hell of a lot more damage through fists? the funny thing is, in one instance i refused to use fists because i did not want to get agro and die (i was the highest dd'er with fists in taht squad), so... i sat in the back and used my bow to do a lot less damage avoiding agro, and do you know what?... the wiz shouted at me and got all pissed off because i wasnt using my fists and not dd'ing enough; when i could have been making that run a lot faster.

Well you could have gotten aggro and tanked it easily if you had bloodpaint...
    oh wait.. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well you could have gotten aggro and tanked it easily if you had bloodpaint...
    oh wait.. b:chuckle

well you are the clever one...

Please stop posting here or il ask the mods do it for general annoyance and trolling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    well you are the clever one...

aww, thanks b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I support this idea for bloodpaint to become a buff for all classes.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    supporting too.

either work for all, or remove the skill.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I agree with this idea of having BP work for all classes.

My veno is partly heavy armor with 5500-6000 physical attack unbuffed, so i actually go melee quite a lot. Which means that BP would benefit myself in fox form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • mcgreezy
    mcgreezy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I fully support the idea that BP should be made available to all classes. As the game evolves, the classes should be able to change, revamp become once again new. I give up as many others have on playing a veno, because as the game has evolved, the veno is not as desirable a class as it once was.
    And anything to improve and enhance the classes will make the game more attractive.
    I very much like the idea.

Thands
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bloodpaint for casters... please restore MP :)
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nikit - Harshlands
    Nikit - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I support this....make it like caster classes gain mp out of their attacks....and rest gain hp b:victory
    edited February 2011
    Options
    one thing at a time b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nikit - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Allright...bp fr all b:surrender

Edit: pls keep us updated at the number of votes made in favour in the first post if u can o.o ?
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    There already are 6/8 classes with fist/claw, I would not be astonished to see BP enabled for all and 10/10 classes going melee with fists/claw (except seeker, he has to stick to sword). No morez healz needed!
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Allright...bp fr all b:surrender

Edit: pls keep us updated at the number of votes made in favour in the first post if u can o.o ?

will try, maybe i should put a pole up?; but they can be rigged i think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    People would get on alt characters and vote no just to **** you off. D:
    But i'm kinda shocked and happy to see the last page and this page of the thread covered in supports. xD

I really want BP ;_;

And btw, no I will NOT switch to a sin... they are ugly. :|
    And I've already leveled 2 BM's, deleted them, and I don't feel like rolling a 3rd for 5.0 with fists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Nikit - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And btw, no I will NOT switch to a sin... they are ugly. :|
    So true....i guess thats why they r given stealth

b:avoid b:shutup

And i guess poll is not the better option...maybe u should place a counter to display the number of votes in favour... b:tired
    i think ur just getting a petition so 'non-supporting' votes doesnt matter for this...b:cute

Edit: okay so i tried counting votes in favour and not in favour...not considering comments like 'venos deserve bp by far more...archers gtfo'
    and out of 17 pages of thread which is equal to 165 posts made...i must say u people argue like hell...

yes votes : 28
    no votes : 12
    total votes : 40
    Which means 70% Votes in favour till this post...
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Id perfer to NOT have anymore clawchers, stick to your weps which are BOWs, and Slingshots. You should use them >_> and dont go spitting out things like 5aps bc 5aps is bs and should be taken away too.. ijs... classes should stick to their weps.

Edit: If they give BP to venos and archers they might as well give it to clerics and wizzies/psy because they could just switch to 5aps too, then what do you have? No variety and no reason to play because everyones 5aps. personally I dont think 5aps should be obtainable at all, and the cap should be lower. But the company only thinks of ways to take our money instead of acctually FIXING problems in the games. (Coughcough Rubberbanding, in places that ppl ACCTUALLY go too...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Id perfer to NOT have anymore clawchers, stick to your weps which are BOWs, and Slingshots. You should use them >_> and dont go spitting out things like 5aps bc 5aps is bs and should be taken away too.. ijs... classes should stick to their weps.

Edit: If they give BP to venos and archers they might as well give it to clerics and wizzies/psy because they could just switch to 5aps too, then what do you have? No variety and no reason to play because everyones 5aps. personally I dont think 5aps should be obtainable at all, and the cap should be lower. But the company only thinks of ways to take our money instead of acctually FIXING problems in the games. (Coughcough Rubberbanding, in places that ppl ACCTUALLY go too...)

I agree.
    but also don't forget about crossbows, archers can use them too :D

and BP for venos in fox form is actually kinda reasonable, unless they glitch claws/fists and 5 aps or whatever in fox form ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Squad buffs should be universal, not restricted to certain classes. Besides, have you realized that archers have NO heal whatsoever? It would be nice to be able to heal up with BP when the cleric is busy healing the tank after an aoe or such. Besides, sins aren't tanks either. They use the same armor as we do, which means the same defenses/hp. Maybe they shouldn't get BP...

We might not be having healing skill, but we have skill which are reducing/resisting damage ( winged shell, wings of grace ), well timed they can save your squishy butt.

And what if the archers gets aggro, we don't have BP, we are insta dead ?!! QQ

Of course you will be if your *** is bound to the boss. However when using your bow the boss MUST run all the way to you - enough time for the cleric to heal you or for you to realize what aggro management is OR to time the skills I mentioned up there.

Sins aren't tanks ? Yes, they are not, what I see in most instances is dead sin when he gets aggro. They have BP because the devs decided so. Never played a sin therefore I can't give an opinion if it's really useful or just mega-op-hax skill.

I`m sick of seeing clawchers or people rolling archers just to use claws b:angry Be what you're supposed to be - archer, not BM. I`m going after the clawchers on DW when I get my gear, it will take a while thought and this is a bit off-topic.

PS : Crossbows look like a tree attached to your hand, Slingshots look like toys, Bows is what you need b:avoid

PS 2 : Nothing personal Summer, you know me luws ya b:cute
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I`m sick of seeing clawchers or people rolling archers just to use claws b:angry Be what you're supposed to be - archer, not BM. I`m going after the clawchers on DW when I get my gear, it will take a while thought and this is a bit off-topic.

People do not "roll archers just to use claws". People roll'd archers thinking "Oh yeah, I'm gonna be awesome with a bow!", then when 5.0 came around, they realised no one wanted them because of their low aps. Then they were like "O' snap! I better make my archer claws/fists or re-roll a BM! But wait! I just spent almost a year getting my archer to this level (Or 2 weeks these days), I really don't feel like doing it over again!"* Thus emerged clawrchers.
    I believe some people restated to claws to test it, though, before the 5.0 aps craze. Don't quote me.

*ofc this statement can be invalid due to hyper FCing. Although I do know many people, including myself, who don't feel like sitting around doing the same thing over again just to utilize 5.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
    edited February 2011
    Options
    so far a lot of "for the idea" votes b:cute

thanks everyone, let me go see if i can ramble up some more supporter :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Ok so like, setting the whole issue of DD power aside and getting on topic. I must say; Were you dropped on your head as a child?
    How many times in this thread has he mentioned that it should be an All class buff? Meaning, yes, giving it to..brace yourself, don't wet your panties now; ALL classes.

I believe seeing as to how most of the people AGAINST this are either
    - Casters
    - Mid/early game archers
    - People who already have BP.

Casters, for obvious reasons. See poster I quoted, if you read between the lines you can just sense the extreme amounts of butthurt he/she would feel if archers get BP. For the simple reason of; it'll make casters that much more obsolete in instances.

Because if you think about it in any other logical way, a caster should be more than thrilled to encourage archers to use claws/fists. Less dex, less overall survivability, and the idiots amongst them will try to use fists in open PVP. Thus casters would be picking off archers like nothing.

I support the idea, for a few simple reasons; 5 APS trend is not a trend anymore, it's how the game works. 5 APS archers have been here for a long time now. As much as anyone else would disagree, including myself. That archers are not "meant" to use claws. Well, no one was meant to get R9 within less than a year of it's release. Gold was never meant to hit 800k a piece etc etc etc.
    You can keep saying they should stick to bows, they'll flip you off, slap on their fists. And go farm their instances, and YOU can roll an archer and stick to bows. Go raise the pure bow archer population.

The other reason is, Archers still are crappy APS DDs compared to 3 of the other 5 possible APS DDs, them and barbs have the lowest p.attack (unless they are a full str build).
    In addition to that, Archers are the most squishy characters in terms of defensive skills and healing skills. I don't know about anyone else, but I noticed my assassin has a skill that makes 25% of the hits I receive do 1 damage, a skill that recovers 20% of my HP when my HP bar reaches 0, and a skill that I could use to evade 50% of any negative status inflicted upon me.
    I don't need to go on naming the pros of being a venomancer that has high APS or being a barb with high APS, both have a significant amount of advantages over an archer when using fists/claws.

Will giving bloodpaint to all classes break the game? No.
    Will archers be as effective as a BM/Assassin with BP? No.
    Will it improve their chances of survival slightly in PVE instances? Yes.
    Will it dramatically affect PVP/TW? No.
    Should this be implemented? Yes, there's absolutely no valid reason as to why it shouldn't be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
    edited February 2011
    Options
    For once, thank you for a solid response Jha
    Edit: okay so i tried counting votes in favour and not in favour...not considering comments like 'venos deserve bp by far more...archers gtfo'
    and out of 17 pages of thread which is equal to 165 posts made...i must say u people argue like hell...

yes votes : 28
    no votes : 12
    total votes : 40
    Which means 70% Votes in favour till this post...

Thanks for doing the tally for me, i was putting off starting it xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    +1.......
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ok so like, setting the whole issue of DD power aside and getting on topic. I must say; Were you dropped on your head as a child?
    How many times in this thread has he mentioned that it should be an All class buff? Meaning, yes, giving it to..brace yourself, don't wet your panties now; ALL classes.

I believe seeing as to how most of the people AGAINST this are either
    - Casters
    - Mid/early game archers
    - People who already have BP.

Casters, for obvious reasons. See poster I quoted, if you read between the lines you can just sense the extreme amounts of butthurt he/she would feel if archers get BP. For the simple reason of; it'll make casters that much more obsolete in instances.

Because if you think about it in any other logical way, a caster should be more than thrilled to encourage archers to use claws/fists. Less dex, less overall survivability, and the idiots amongst them will try to use fists in open PVP. Thus casters would be picking off archers like nothing.

I support the idea, for a few simple reasons; 5 APS trend is not a trend anymore, it's how the game works. 5 APS archers have been here for a long time now. As much as anyone else would disagree, including myself. That archers are not "meant" to use claws. Well, no one was meant to get R9 within less than a year of it's release. Gold was never meant to hit 800k a piece etc etc etc.
    You can keep saying they should stick to bows, they'll flip you off, slap on their fists. And go farm their instances, and YOU can roll an archer and stick to bows. Go raise the pure bow archer population.

The other reason is, Archers still are crappy APS DDs compared to 3 of the other 5 possible APS DDs, them and barbs have the lowest p.attack (unless they are a full str build).
    In addition to that, Archers are the most squishy characters in terms of defensive skills and healing skills. I don't know about anyone else, but I noticed my assassin has a skill that makes 25% of the hits I receive do 1 damage, a skill that recovers 20% of my HP when my HP bar reaches 0, and a skill that I could use to evade 50% of any negative status inflicted upon me.
    I don't need to go on naming the pros of being a venomancer that has high APS or being a barb with high APS, both have a significant amount of advantages over an archer when using fists/claws.

Will giving bloodpaint to all classes break the game? No.
    Will archers be as effective as a BM/Assassin with BP? No.
    Will it improve their chances of survival slightly in PVE instances? Yes.
    Will it dramatically affect PVP/TW? No.
    Should this be implemented? Yes, there's absolutely no valid reason as to why it shouldn't be.

Wow dude...well said lol +9000 xD b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~