Multi-boxing is allowed

Comments

• Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    so much angry caps all the time, you need to chill lol
    i got a warning from frankie just for calling 1 person an idiot once, yet somehow shes all guns blazing on loads of diff threads on loads of diff posts, wheres the justice? lolol

I saw this cleric put up like 3 of these ASCII middle finger images and she apparently got banned.

Justice aint here D:
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I saw this cleric put up like 3 of these ASCII middle finger images and she apparently got banned.

Justice aint here D:
    I remember back in the day..

When people used ASCII on a regular basis.. and of course actually knew about MAC Address (game catching MAC as an identifier along with IP address is definitely not new).

/backinthedayfailz
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I remember back in the day..

When people used ASCII on a regular basis.. and of course actually knew about MAC Address (game catching MAC as an identifier along with IP address is definitely not new).

Its these damn forums, they ruin the layout.
    3D Cube

/ / / | |              / / . |
        / / /| | |             / / /| |
       / / / | | |            / / / | |
      / / /  | | |           / / /| | |
     / /_/__________________/ / / | | |
    /________________________/ /  | | |
    | ______________________ | |  | | |
    | | |    | | |_________| | |__| | |
    | | |    | |___________| | |____| |
    | | |   / / ___________| | |_  / /
    | | |  / / /           | | |/ / /
    | | | / / /            | | | / /
    | | |/ / /             | | |/ /
    | | | / /              | | ' /
    | | |/_/_______________| |  /
    | |____________________| | /
    |________________________|/

Code box seems to make em look ok tho...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Okay. Someone has to tell you this.

You are a jerk. Self centered, have no idea what you're talking about, flame-bait, trolling, etc.

I think everyone on these forums who has any brains at all will be smart enough to add you to their ignore list, where you most certainly belong.

Who are you? Have you read the other threads i get bashed on for no damn reason? Hunnydumbass (aka Layna w/e) cant' stop harpign on me for 10 pages when she really has NO CLUE what i mean, then comes here and does the same when I was talking (calmly i might add) to the ORIGINAL POSTER. Hunny I wasn't talking to you, said it once.. then you come and do it again so i say it again. you have to be pretty braindead to not get it 3 times... Maybe i'm being a *** atm cause people are pissing me off. Ever think of that? And I have no idea what I'm talking about? I build PC's "girl", and it's pretty basic knowledge to know a pc has it's own IP address........... b:surrender
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    A box in a bow. Nice. :P

I fail at ASCII art. >_<
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Who are you? Have you read the other threads i get bashed on for no damn reason? Hunnydumbass (aka Layna w/e) cant' stop harpign on me for 10 pages when she really has NO CLUE what i mean, then comes here and does the same when I was talking (calmly i might add) to the ORIGINAL POSTER. Hunny I wasn't talking to you, said it once.. then you come and do it again so i say it again. you have to be pretty braindead to not get it 3 times... Maybe i'm being a *** atm cause people are pissing me off. Ever think of that? And I have no idea what I'm talking about? I build PC's "girl", and it's pretty basic knowledge to know a pc has it's own IP address........... b:surrender

tuttut
    capslockiscruisecontrollforcoolkids

tbh, you dont know what your talking about on quite a lot of threads, hence people harrasing you to es tee ef yew, take a hint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    eh... u wanna finish that sentence in english?
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tuttut
    capslockiscruisecontrollforcoolkids

tbh, you dont know what your talking about on quite a lot of threads, hence people harrasing you to es tee ef yew, take a hint.
    eh... u wanna finish that sentence in english?

es tee ef yew. Sound it out o.o
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    OMG LOLZORZ

99% OF EVERY MMO........................
    1 computer + 2 clients = BAD
    2 computers + 2 clients = OK

NOW STFUZORZ

tralalalala hahahahaha lolorlalalala hahaorhahaha
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    resistance is futile b:avoid

We are the borg. Lower your shields and surrender to us. Your technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to are own.

Side note; So I'm not the only one in this game that has at least heard of the Borg and their famous tagline.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    We are the borg. Lower your shields and surrender to us. Your technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to are own.

Side note; So I'm not the only one in this game that has at least heard of the Borg and their famous tagline.

Hey, I posted a picture of Q and Q Jr the other day. b:surrender Q DID introduce the Borg to the Alpha quadrant, after all...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • LeFEMME - Lost City
    LeFEMME - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I just want to play my main char and selling stuffs in my catshop in only one pc @ same time
    b:surrender
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    What about a virtual PC?

Its technically a seperate computer and doesnt trick the client into running twice in the same workspace. but physically, its one PC :O

I can even set mine up to have a different internal IP address, meaning its DEFINATELY not the same PC as far as anyone is concerned.... right? b:cute

/doesnt care and will still accept people multiclienting a catshop as fair play no matter what PWE says. Not that I do that of course. SHOP___SHOP is an entirely different PC.

Its on a Dell too Q___Q

I'm pretty sure in those quotes, it said one client per physical computer. Seeing as a virtual PC is still being run on the same physical computer, it counts as multi-clienting.

That said, I also don't have a problem with catshops being multi-cliented. Once it gets into doing dungeons solo using that, then I think it crosses the line.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I just want to play my main char and selling stuffs in my catshop in only one pc @ same time
    b:surrender

me too (in fact to sell stuf in ~2-3 catshops) but it's a bannable offense so..
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I dont understand that thread xD
    Both GM quotation say multi-client isnt allowed O.o
    1 ElementClient per physical computer.
    But 1 person can play two or three PWI's at the same time no one ever said that this isnt allowed as long as you have two or more physical computers ;)
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Okay, my other thread started going off on a tangent, so I will start a new one for this topic specifically.

I have several accounts. I have several computers. Therefore, I generally have a few of my characters logged in at the same time. One elementclient.exe per PC is allowed according to the terms of service of this game.

Multi-clienting (running elementclient multiple times on the same PC) is not allowed. However, if you are like me (and I will assume most of you are) you are using DSL or Cable Internet access through a router. The external IP address visible to PWI is the same, regardless of whether you are multi-clienting or multi-boxing. Therefore, even though it is disallowed by the ToS there is really no way for a GM to prove you were multi-clienting and not multi-boxing.

Anyhow, Frankie posted this a while back in the "official multi-clienting thread":

Multi-boxing is officially allowed #1

Multi-boxing is officially allowed #2

I hope this helps to settle some of the confusion here.

EDIT: I created this thread because some people have been led to believe multi-boxing is not allowed (and some people have even been banned for it). I'm trying to make sure the player base and the GMs are all on the same page here.

I can be wrong but im pretty sure they cant see the difference if your playing 3 chars on 1 pc or 3 chars spread over 3 computers.

I have been multi clienting on 1 pc since 2008 and never got banned for it.

So just dont post here and go for it, everybody probably does itb:bye
    carebear zzzzz
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Handful of non-charging players that merch alot multi-client.

Ban them GMs, they aren't charging zen! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Been using several clients on 1 PC since i started playing, they cant see it they cant prove it, and what`s the bid deal if you are using an alt as a catshop? If they are so worried about it then they should make all items in pwi able to be auctioned as well as no ah fees (when you put an item there, as well as receive smaller percentage of the original price). Imo the catshop count would decline rapidly, hence less lags also.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol, no i mean rofl, no i mean roflmao, no i mean roflmmfao, no i mean roflmmfaopmp, no i mean roflmmfaopmpwtfbbq <-- yep, that one
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It's still not allowed. And that's all you need to know.

But multi-clienting doe not seem to be bannable in and of itself -- instead, modding the game so that you can multi-client is what you can get banned for.

Meanwhile, forcing people to multi-box instead of multi-client means that people would be spending money on extra computers instead of in the boutique. I imagine that might have been the reasoning a patch that makes it possible to multiclient without having to modify the game.

Anyways, the terms of service are very clear that you are not allowed to modify the game. And the terms of service say absolutely nothing about multi-clienting itself (except that they say you can be banned for no reason whatsoever, but I think that mostly just means you need to pay attention to the GMs when they say stuff, and not be doing annoying and stupid things to the GMs if you do not like being banned).

Anyways, you can read them for yourself: http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms (this is from the "Terms of Service" link on the home page). Sections, 9, 18 and 20 look like the relevant sections.
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wait, why would anyone want to play on 2 accounts at the same time? Makes no sense to me... Is that physically possible? I'm too busy on my Cleric and I fail at multitasking, one more character at the same time would make me crazy, lol. Not to mention the other computer is in the living room so I would have to run in and out and in and out... xD
  • Cheesegirl - Archosaur
    Cheesegirl - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If I am correct, the idea is that it is impossible to prove that any two accounts logged in at once are played by one person multi-boxing, rather than two people in the same house. If they could prove that you were multi-boxing, it would not be allowed.

@ ugysekell: Usually, vendoring. Leave one shop idle in a city while you play a different character. Although maybe some people are just that clever at multitasking.
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @Cheesegirl: Niiice. O.o I should do it too... but it kinda sounds like cheating. :s I just set up my shop before sleeping and turn off computer in the morning when I go to work.
  • Tulipano - Archosaur
    Tulipano - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    LMAO it's so funny to see people try to be smart at something they don't know **** about xDD

In the moment you "connect" to their server, they have access at almost everything on your computer (otherwise how do you think the patches come), so those things about "ohhh internal IP, external IP, MAC, blabla" is for outside users.

Running a virtual machine would be detectable, as long is not done with, for example, Sandboxie, but I doubt it works ingame ^^. They can ban the people multiclienting pretty easy, but is not such a big deal in this game.

It has been cases that people playing private servers on other games got keyloggers and viruses getting scammed cause is just simply so easy on server connection. PWI would never do that cause they're basically a big company and could cause them go jail lol

Anyway, having two computers playing pwi in the same house is allowed, I have been playing with my wife for several years in the same house and it has never been a problem.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    LMAO it's so funny to see people try to be smart at something they don't know **** about xDD

In the moment you "connect" to their server, they have access at almost everything on your computer (otherwise how do you think the patches come), so those things about "ohhh internal IP, external IP, MAC, blabla" is for outside users.

Running a virtual machine would be detectable, as long is not done with, for example, Sandboxie, but I doubt it works ingame ^^. They can ban the people multiclienting pretty easy, but is not such a big deal in this game.

It has been cases that people playing private servers on other games got keyloggers and viruses getting scammed cause is just simply so easy on server connection. PWI would never do that cause they're basically a big company and could cause them go jail lol

Anyway, having two computers playing pwi in the same house is allowed, I have been playing with my wife for several years in the same house and it has never been a problem.
    I have not seen the PWI client seek more than any info that you don't already broadcast to the entire world (i.e. IP/NIC/MAC). Have any examples of what "almost everything on your computer" constitutes, or something slightly more descriptive than a glittering generality?
  • Tulipano - Archosaur
    Tulipano - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I have not seen the PWI client seek more than any info that you don't already broadcast to the entire world (i.e. IP/NIC/MAC). Have any examples of what "almost everything on your computer" constitutes, or something slightly more descriptive than a glittering generality?

Don't get me wrong, PWI does not seek any weird info other than what's needed to make the connection between client (us) and server. I'm sure they have tools to recognice if someone is multiclienting or not, that's what i meant about "they can know almost everything". They're a serious company ( b:chuckle ) and they don't need to do anything else than that.

I've been around in a private server of another game, I read a book about it and with just implementing a simple patch with a keylogger you can scam all those players of the private serverjust recieving those packets.
    Is just an example of how easy is it to get data in this kind of connections, nothing to freak out about, I'm not saying PWI does something weird (I'm sure they don't) just explainning that they can know easily about the subject of this thread.
  • Cheesegirl - Archosaur
    Cheesegirl - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ugysekell wrote: »
    @Cheesegirl: Niiice. O.o I should do it too... but it kinda sounds like cheating. :s I just set up my shop before sleeping and turn off computer in the morning when I go to work.

Yeah, it's not my thing. It annoys me enough when AFKers lag me out of town, I'd hardly want to leave a vendor adding to the lag while I play.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ugysekell wrote: »
    Wait, why would anyone want to play on 2 accounts at the same time? Makes no sense to me... Is that physically possible? I'm too busy on my Cleric and I fail at multitasking, one more character at the same time would make me crazy, lol. Not to mention the other computer is in the living room so I would have to run in and out and in and out... xD

have you ever considered that not everybody is incapable of multi-tasking like you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Playing two characters at the same time can be hard but dont have to be.
    Playing a tank and a cleric at the same time is quiet difficult xD
    Playing a sin and a bm at the same time not so much I think :/
    Never tried out ^^
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Cleric and Sin Duo. Very easy to run on two PC's and everyone wants these in large squads.

Thats how I did when I actually played this game. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.