MMOSite Is Looking for Your Questions About the Expansion!

Comments

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hey cmon, in a proper interview they might give a real answer.

Not like they can lock the interview and throw it to the lower depths right? b:shocked

they already said no ..many times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Julietoo - Sanctuary
    Julietoo - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There is a lot of speculation as to whether or not current classes will be getting nerfed with the new expansion, particularly with regards to the 5aps issue. Find out if they do infact intent to nerf classes and if so ask them why they feel they should devalue the characters of players who have spent a considerable amount of time and money to build them up.
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I never saw a news post by Frankie confirming that there is 100% no chance of there being a new server.

So there is hope. :P

srsly, its not hard to ask, and for someone to personally say "NO ****ING SERVER" to an interviewer would pretty much shut everyone up.
    edited January 2011
    I never saw a news post by Frankie confirming that there is 100% no chance of there being a new server.

So there is hope. :P

srsly, its not hard to ask, and for someone to personally say "NO ****ING SERVER" to an interviewer would pretty much shut everyone up.

._. fine then b:surrender (watches to see what happens)
    edited January 2011
    ._. fine then b:surrender (watches to see what happens)

Hypothetically, what would you do if it was asked and it was a yes? b:chuckle
    edited January 2011
    Hypothetically, what would you do if it was asked and it was a yes? b:chuckle

I'll cry my heart out and believe no mod any more b:infuriated
    edited January 2011
    I'll cry my heart out and believe no mod any more b:infuriated

Aww. I wanted you to eat a hat ._.
    edited January 2011
    Aww. I wanted you to eat a hat ._.

i'll eat a hotdog
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    He thought it was a hot dog..
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    nice proof that you know little of the very server you play on.

They denied all all accusations that a new server would be released with the TB expansion.

Obviously was a lie then. Obviously could be a lie now b:bye
  • Gorwulf - Sanctuary
    Gorwulf - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hello, my name is Michael Fuchs, and I am a Columnist with MMOSite. We have an upcoming interview with PWE about the upcoming expansion to Perfect World, and I'm very interested to hear your questions about the expansion.

I will do my best to ask as many as I can :)

im not quite sure if this one gona answer our replies or ask us some aswers lol
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This game has a horrible unbalanced PvP system and Economy system.

My question is, Will the new expansion balance out the all mighty almost invincible Asassin in PvP?

Or will Perfect world Entertainment once again ignore us, and update whatever they feel like?
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This game has a horrible unbalanced PvP system and Economy system.

My question is, Will the new expansion balance out the all mighty almost invincible Asassin in PvP?

Or will Perfect world Entertainment once again ignore us, and update whatever they feel like?

1. only if ya feel like buyin gold

2. have you read up on seekers or mystics at all? if anything has ever been designed to kill assassins, it's them.

3. yeah, i know, they're so horrible *watches the player base miraculously keep rising*

and now for a question of my own.

it's ferbuary, the month they've promised us an expansion, and guess what.... no official release date. so that's my question. when the hell is the exact fckn release date? or "when would the official release date be?" if you'd like a cleaner version of the question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    nice proof that you know little of the very server you play on.

They denied all all accusations that a new server would be released with the TB expansion.

Obviously was a lie then. Obviously could be a lie now b:bye

it better not be a lie, a more condenced server pop woudl be great, not that any server really has a low population, but in my mind, the more the marrier, until the server starts laggin ofcorse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    it better not be a lie, a more condenced server pop woudl be great, not that any server really has a low population, but in my mind, the more the marrier, until the server starts laggin ofcorse.

although I agree with you for the most part, a new PvP server would be a breath of fresh air.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    From what I understand, the expansion is already out in china, if 5aps was nerfed, we would hear about it.

Expansion is out in china 5 aps is the same and the sins have not been nurfed or changed in any way at least thats what I read from some random poster on a gaming website badly translated with googleb:surrender
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Our site may work with the publishers, however, I have no intention on going easy on them during Q&As. Most of my interviews are known for asking the questions that other sites refuse to ask. For instance, I have a pending interview with Nexon about some of the issues in Vindictus. I haven't heard back from them since I've submitted to questions to them, and I'm not sure they'll ever do an interview with me again -- however, I strongly feel that answering a player's questions is more important than saving face. Smart companies tend to answer the hard questions I ask, because it often stops much of the player worry on their forums.

janus have point there: when i read Q&A interview i usually have this feeling, like i would be reading another ad..

but anyway, pw answering hard questions - good luck?

here on forums, we (as community) are either ignored or misleaded i.e. popular way of dealing with us is to make a sticky topic (about concern) then letting us whine there for few dozens of pages and unsticky it so it can be forgotten

after a year(+) community got tired asking rhetorical questions and just went bat**** crazy with trolling this place (which you may notice..)

seems that we are just too demanding. pw lost its original quality and went 'easy way' like many other f2p games.
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Goodluck on your interview, I really hope PW won't ignore the tough questions a lot of us want to be asked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited February 2011
    1. only if ya feel like buyin gold

2. have you read up on seekers or mystics at all? if anything has ever been designed to kill assassins, it's them.

3. yeah, i know, they're so horrible *watches the player base miraculously keep rising*

and now for a question of my own.

it's ferbuary, the month they've promised us an expansion, and guess what.... no official release date. so that's my question. when the hell is the exact fckn release date? or "when would the official release date be?" if you'd like a cleaner version of the question.

Omg, whys it take us 40+ posts to actually ask for "THE DAMN RELEASE DATE PLEASE!"?

SHoulda been the first question O_O
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm quite serious. You can find my profile on MMOSite here: http://news.mmosite.com/writerclub/michael_fuchs.shtml

I seem to get the "Is this for real?" a lot when I do this for different game interviews, but I think it's more appropriate that press should ask their players what their questions are. I'd rather have questions that you all care about over questions like "What is your inspiration for this game?" :P

That says you are only a writer not exactly staff with MMOSite and most sites like that get their info from the proper sources like the staff of PWE.They don't bother going through the forums in other words you are just a freelance player.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Tulipano - Archosaur
    Tulipano - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    although I agree with you for the most part, a new PvP server would be a breath of fresh air.

To be honest, is what the game needs to get out of the boredoom of 5aps high instances...

I vouch for asking the question about the new server with the new expansion b:victory
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Bump.

^ I have just bumped this thread all the way to the top. b:pleased
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    All I can say is, it hasn't been deleted.

Rubberbanding is my only issue lately.
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • SneakyJmk - Sanctuary
    SneakyJmk - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hi. I wonder if you can ask them those question... :P
    1. Will the new instance have less use of single target damage dealers/melee?(5aps)
    2. Will there be a new server?
    3. If a new server, will it be PvP or PvE?

Thanks...b:victory
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited February 2011

damn inform yourself before asking questions which were already answered,

Release date is 2.March! b:beatenup
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=pwi-news

and you ever tought about, the RACE WHICH IS CAPABLE TO KILL EVEN A SIN, it will OVERKILL the old classes for sure b:shocked and not solve the problems

Now to my questions:

1. Will they give us reward for lying that the release should actually come on February, and now it will be later?

2. Will they finnaly fix the rubberbanding along with the new expansion?

3. Will they ever remake the old races and they instances which looks a bit old and ugly now if you comparing them with the places where the new races starts?

4. Will there even more Races comming in Future?

5. Will they finnaly do something about the screwed up economy and change the Gold Cap back to 1mil at most? Couse the new Races will make the Economy even worse, no stability at all :/

6. Will they ever stop lying and telling they can`t do anything about the game which doesnt match with chinese culture BUT STILL SELL PACKS which are obviously FORBIDDEN THERE?

7. Will we ever get some good quests which will help us leveling, with great exp/sp/reputation rewards, so it will be worth of doing them, specially after lvl 80, so we dont depend on Hypers/Boutique Stuff and boring bh/fcc/... ?

8. Will they upgrade the skills of the old classes as well so they would be a match against the overpowered new races?
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary
    Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'd like them to answer whether they are ever going to fix the clerics buff bug.

And definitely would love to see a better variety of quests esp above lvl80 where there are so damn few
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So... questions...

First of, I think quality issue questions are legit. The rubberbanding issue does hurt some of us, and I would like to know about their plans to isolate and fix this set of problems. And the Raging Tide expansion still has some regions where quality settings get artificially lowered and I imagine that that was because of some performance issues that they did not have time to fix before release. But a discussion of only quality and performance issues would get boring.

So another range of questions has to do with the plot of the expansion. The Raging Tide expansion quests had some incredible (if tragic) plot included in them. But almost no one in the forums noticed. And it can take quite a bit of time to read some of that quest text. And if you ever reflexively click too fast its lost to you forever (well.. or until you level up another character). And some of the presentation depends on how you play. So... have they done anything to make quests easier to read? And, has the same level of effort gone into the writing for the Genesis expansion? What kinds of qualities have they been focusing on, for this new expansion?

I can also imagine game mechanic questions, but I imagine we will be discovering those soon enough.

I'd like them to answer whether they are ever going to fix the clerics buff bug.

I was confused by that issue, myself. But I am not convinced it was not intentional -- I feel it's just presented poorly (there should be, I think, special effects when existing magic resistance prevents new magic resistance from being applied -- they do not need to be outrageous effects, just hints that something is happening).
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My question would be, have they made something unheard of them and fixed something or will we get another set of bugs to go with the existing ones? New classes are somehow OP, they always are, new gear will be OP and cashopping gives even more adventage, just like after every expansion, I just only wonder if they have actually done something to improve the game by fixing bugs.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1) Have the developers totally forgotten about the class called wizards? As I (a level 96 wizard) write I have been online 4 hours and unable to get invited to a single Forstcovered instance because the only class everyone wants as a damage dealer is the assassin class?

2) Are the developer yet willing to admit that they gave too much power to the assassin class and that the balance of the game is skewed completely in their favor both PvP and PvE wise?

3) Have the developers truly looked into the impact of 5.0 attacks per second using fist and claws and realise that classes like archers and barbarians are using these weapons now in an attempt to stay useful in the game?

4) Are those responsible for the cash shop willing to admit that they made a mistake by making gear and powerful gears at that so easily available in the cash shop to the point that the casual gamer is no longer able to be competitive in PWI?

5) With the introduction of Seekers and Mystics yet another two classes are now being introduced that will undermine the existance of the wizard class. Do the developers, publishers and any other person who can help make changes ever listen to player feedback? We play (many of us) everyday and understand the game and how it works to a high degree. When almost everyone in the game has the same complaints/qq at what point does that tell the developers that mabey, just mabey there is some credit to our complaints and that just mabey if they made some of the changes we suggested that we would be happier players?

6) Is PWI aware that many of us are now dissatisfied with its product for the reasons given above e.g. game balance (assasssins NEED to be nerfed), aps cap in need of lowering, cash shop way too influential on gameplay etc. etc?

7) Moving away from characters and balance, at what point do PWI developers intend to fix the rubberbanding issue. It is the single most annoying bug in the game and happens almost any and everywhere. In some instances it can be so bad you have to log out of the client to get it to stop.

8) From what I have read of guild bases it is a wonderful idea HOWEVER it is horribly expensive and ONLY seems to be of benefit/obtainable in full to/by factions who already have more power than everyone else. Does PWI realise it has a casual gamer market who help to make up the general population of PWI? Is PWI so intent on making money that they have forgotten the casual gamer completely?

9) In other games I have played before the GMs have been outspoken and have taken the time to interact with the playerbase especially via the forums. Those GMs were even bold enough to travel to the developers and tell them what the community in the US/international locales needed to help improve the game for them. I know it comes down to what the developers decide but certainly when it comes to making money a happy client = continuous cash flow. So I ask, do the GMs of PWI have any input where any of our concerns lie or are they content to hide behind the curtains of the suggestion forum and wink at us weekly with via the maintenance thread bearing no more than the standard "maintenance has begun" and maintenance is complete" lines?

10) The one questions I really want to ask all of those in positions like GM, developer, publisher, marketing and even you sir who will be conducting this interview: Do any of you people actually play the game (on a serious level) on the live servers?

Thank you for your time even if you do not use any of questions in your interview and good luck in your endeavor.
  • Tulipano - Archosaur
    Tulipano - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    damn inform yourself before asking questions which were already answered,

Release date is 2.March! b:beatenup

Damn, don't be so mean, inform yourself before beating up someone for asking the release date when it wasn't known yet, smartie.

The release date was known 2nd of febreary, and you're quoting a post from 31st of january, you couldn't have thought about it, couldn't you?
This discussion has been closed.