MMOSite Is Looking for Your Questions About the Expansion!

cecilarcelle
cecilarcelle Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Hello, my name is Michael Fuchs, and I am a Columnist with MMOSite. We have an upcoming interview with PWE about the upcoming expansion to Perfect World, and I'm very interested to hear your questions about the expansion.

I will do my best to ask as many as I can :)
Post edited by cecilarcelle on

Comments

• ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I wonder if you are serious or just a random troll. =/

Either way I am looking forward to it as I'm sure everyone is. There is a lot of QQ right now because of speculation and people attempting to translate information from the Chinese servers.

I don't plan on rolling a seeker/mystic myself, but I want to see the new areas/gear/other random add-ons. b:victory
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • cecilarcelle
    edited January 2011
    I wonder if you are serious or just a random troll. =/

Either way I am looking forward to it as I'm sure everyone is. There is a lot of QQ right now because of speculation and people attempting to translate information from the Chinese servers.

I don't plan on rolling a seeker/mystic myself, but I want to see the new areas/gear/other random add-ons. b:victory

I'm quite serious. You can find my profile on MMOSite here: http://news.mmosite.com/writerclub/michael_fuchs.shtml

I seem to get the "Is this for real?" a lot when I do this for different game interviews, but I think it's more appropriate that press should ask their players what their questions are. I'd rather have questions that you all care about over questions like "What is your inspiration for this game?" :P
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ask them if they're ever going to fix the damn rubberbanding bug that's been here for years and gotten aLOT worse now (and other bugs), or are they just going to keep on working on fashion and other **** we dont' need so they can keep making money from the addicts. I cant' even dive in water now w/o bouncing up and down... up and down and up and down and up and down... Hell when people first reported the rubberbanding bug (YEARS AGO), i was like huh? Cause i never saw it.... Now i can barely drop from flying anywhere without it happening. Hell I've rubberbanded on FLAT GROUND.... >.<

They make enough money from the addicts or supposed rich people dumping a grand in this a MONTH..... they SHOULD be able to fix the game... if they gave a ****. Erm.. i was gonna say one more thing... but i forgot b:surrender
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In case you didn't notice, there's sometimes a large amount of trolls running around. o.o;;

I think "When's the release date" and "is there a new server" are the questions that keep on getting asked every few pages on the official thread nowadays.

Not sure if I have any questions atm. SomebodyTwo and Mooy have been on top of things for awhile now. o.o
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    idk. like what time of the week is the 40v40 guild base wars supposed to happen.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hello, my name is Michael Fuchs, and I am a Columnist with MMOSite. We have an upcoming interview with PWE about the upcoming expansion to Perfect World, and I'm very interested to hear your questions about the expansion.

You should ask this in game.. chances are you're not only going to get answers from people who play the game, but who are a little less whiny.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Are new classes gonna be insanely OP like fish were.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • cecilarcelle
    edited January 2011
    You should ask this in game.. chances are you're not only going to get answers from people who play the game, but who are a little less whiny.

I think I'll do this as well tonight. Thank you for your suggestion :)
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Everyone is always nice in game [even in PK it is almost always friendly] but on the forums everyone turns troll. Glad you posted a link, though it still does prove you're that person. Ijs.....

Like I said, I want to see what the new area looks like. I do have questions on if the 40vs40 TWs will be more balanced than the 80vs80 ones. I would like to see it so more factions can participate, maybe allowing everyone faction that holds a faction base to only have one a week so there isn't a single controlling faction.

Also, you are posting as faceless. Maybe roll a toon and get some experience in PWI yourself?
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Everyone is always nice in game [even in PK it is almost always friendly] but on the forums everyone turns troll.

Well, that certainly proves you've never visited HarshLands..... Nice? Ermm....

My Questions:

1. What will this expansion mean for the evolution of the game?

2. What does the creators of Perfect World see it doing?

3. How well do they expect new players to Perfect World to adapt to the old and the new? Certainly adding more and more and more will make the learning curve even more difficult?

4. What do they feel will be the biggest changes? (that the expansion brings) that the players will appreciate?

5. Within the expansion, is there anything players have been asking for / waiting for - they have included?

6. Where do they see Perfect World International one year from release of the expansion?

7. Is there any security pieces going along with the new expansion? I had heard of two possibles ... (one to detect bots / one to detect multi-clients).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Questions I'd like asked:

Is there any plans to encourage more people to TW by offering decent rewards.

Are there any plans to alter the old classes

Will the guild bases be designed to be obtainable for almost every guild, or only the top guilds.

Will there be any new instances introduced, like how nirvana was introduced in the last instance (this might have been answered I dunno)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011

In Raging Tide we may all be trollz but there is hardly any QQ [in game that is. .-.]. The people I PK with/against wisp even wisp me after fights. ^^
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    One of my big reason for not doing TW....... you kinda HAVE to have charms.... I know for a fact I'm not the only one who has that as a reason they dont' care to do it.

I could care less for PK, it MIGHT be fun if you didnt' drop your gear on occasion.... srry i dont' like wasting ****. As for TW... if NO ONE used charms, you might see more people doing it, cause other then gear..... it'd be a bit more lvl playing field. That and at least 50% of the people playing are on a PvE server for a reason (stated above.. gear can drop). We could care less about PK'ing when most of us only spend like 10 bucks a month and dont' like wasting gear, or having to BUY charms to do the "end game" thing (TW). So ya i'll never do TW... i dont' know wht I'll do when i finally get 100... probably be bored off my butt as much as everyone else.... but till then....
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    In Raging Tide we may all be trollz but there is hardly any QQ [in game that is. .-.]. The people I PK with/against wisp even wisp me after fights. ^^
    What Raging Tide do you play on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You should ask them if they are going to change how 5aps works or "nerf"/make less effective.

Heaps of people want to know that.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2011

My Questions:

1. What will this expansion mean for the evolution of the game?

2. What does the creators of Perfect World see it doing?

3. How well do they expect new players to Perfect World to adapt to the old and the new? Certainly adding more and more and more will make the learning curve even more difficult?

4. What do they feel will be the biggest changes? (that the expansion brings) that the players will appreciate?

5. Within the expansion, is there anything players have been asking for / waiting for - they have included?

6. Where do they see Perfect World International one year from release of the expansion?

7. Is there any security pieces going along with the new expansion? I had heard of two possibles ... (one to detect bots / one to detect multi-clients).

I dearly hope he doesn't ask any of these questions. The above are the PWI PR persons *dream* questions, where they can respond in pleasant generalities without ever saying anything useful.

Hard details about expansion, hard plans on further expansions, hard targets on features/races/bugfixes/updating present races to be competitive.

If there was only one question answered, then I'd ask "At what point will PWI's players stop being punished for the behavior of the PW Chinese players?"
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I dearly hope he doesn't ask any of these questions. The above are the PWI PR persons *dream* questions, where they can respond in pleasant generalities without ever saying anything useful.

Hard details about expansion, hard plans on further expansions, hard targets on features/races/bugfixes/updating present races to be competitive.

If there was only one question answered, then I'd ask "At what point will PWI's players stop being punished for the behavior of the PW Chinese players?"
    That's what a player would ask for here, but one problem: They are a PR site in a sense. It is better for them to get along with a publisher to be able to publish more content (especially Q&A) to get their own self readers and ratings. Those questions you quoted are actually the only type of questions that PW their own self would answer, and indeed with pleasant generalities that you mentioned. That's why I don't bother reading Q&A as a determinant of whether or not I play a game, nor do I pay attention to it when I do. I've just done that side working for a publisher for an MMO so I've seen first hand how it's just free press, which benefits both the game and their site.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    You should ask them if they are going to change how 5aps works or "nerf"/make less effective.

Heaps of people want to know that.
    From what I understand, the expansion is already out in china, if 5aps was nerfed, we would hear about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cecilarcelle
    edited January 2011
    That's what a player would ask for here, but one problem: They are a PR site in a sense. It is better for them to get along with a publisher to be able to publish more content (especially Q&A) to get their own self readers and ratings. Those questions you quoted are actually the only type of questions that PW their own self would answer, and indeed with pleasant generalities that you mentioned. That's why I don't bother reading Q&A as a determinant of whether or not I play a game, nor do I pay attention to it when I do. I've just done that side working for a publisher for an MMO so I've seen first hand how it's just free press, which benefits both the game and their site.

Our site may work with the publishers, however, I have no intention on going easy on them during Q&As. Most of my interviews are known for asking the questions that other sites refuse to ask. For instance, I have a pending interview with Nexon about some of the issues in Vindictus. I haven't heard back from them since I've submitted to questions to them, and I'm not sure they'll ever do an interview with me again -- however, I strongly feel that answering a player's questions is more important than saving face. Smart companies tend to answer the hard questions I ask, because it often stops much of the player worry on their forums.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Our site may work with the publishers, however, I have no intention on going easy on them during Q&As. Most of my interviews are known for asking the questions that other sites refuse to ask. For instance, I have a pending interview with Nexon about some of the issues in Vindictus. I haven't heard back from them since I've submitted to questions to them, and I'm not sure they'll ever do an interview with me again -- however, I strongly feel that answering a player's questions is more important than saving face. Smart companies tend to answer the hard questions I ask, because it often stops much of the player worry on their forums.

If do you ask the hard questions players are asking then I would like a link to the article when it's finished.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9446082&postcount=1
    Not really about the expansion, but gues a lot of people wondered what the hell they were thinking :/

Mostly this sentence...

"With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."

Do they honestly think it will ever come back down to earth? -_-"

Anyway.. about the expansion...

What will a guild base cost? The prices of PW-CN are known, but will they change for pwi?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wanna get kicked out of the Q/A ??

Ask them this

The previous expansion which featured the tideborn was not full implemented till 1 year after it came out. The main teaser site recieved no information upgrades and players generally had to find information out for themselves. I notice that the teaser site is going throught the same period of stagnation as the previous expansion. Are we going to see more infomation delivered to PWI's playerbase and how much of the expansion will be fully complete when it launches ( ex. Sage/Demon skills) ?

Why does there seem to be a delay and quality gap between what the Wanmei site gets for info and what is given to PWI ?

PWI has been around for a while now, are we going to see a developer round table where all questions are answered like how it is on the Chinese Version.

Gold has gone through the roof with many new players discouraged . Is PWI employing a hands off policy in dealing with its games economic woes ?

Jonathan Beliss recently said in an interview that forsaken world it would employ a cash shop that does not give power as they have found that North American audiences are not comfortable with paying for power. Why has PWI's cash shop not changed in light of this realization ?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    O__o
    +1 to all questions up above! :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    kanel321 wrote: »
    Wanna get kicked out of the Q/A ??

Ask them this

The previous expansion which featured the tideborn was not full implemented till 1 year after it came out. The main teaser site recieved no information upgrades and players generally had to find information out for themselves. I notice that the teaser site is going throught the same period of stagnation as the previous expansion. Are we going to see more infomation delivered to PWI's playerbase and how much of the expansion will be fully complete when it launches ( ex. Sage/Demon skills) ?

Why does there seem to be a delay and quality gap between what the Wanmei site gets for info and what is given to PWI ?

PWI has been around for a while now, are we going to see a developer round table where all questions are answered like how it is on the Chinese Version.

Gold has gone through the roof with many new players discouraged . Is PWI employing a hands off policy in dealing with its games economic woes ?

Jonathan Beliss recently said in an interview that forsaken world it would employ a cash shop that does not give power as they have found that North American audiences are not comfortable with paying for power. Why has PWI's cash shop not changed in light of this realization ?

It is difficult to take away what has already been added. Any form of nerf would cause backlash from its players. I don't expect to see the cash shop in PWI change even if PWE is going a new direction with it in new games.

All of our updates come from China and China's "round table" so I don't expect to see devs communicating with PWI players.

There is a decent time delay from the Chinese release to the PWI release of the expansion so hopefully all bugs will be worked out and we will receive a full expansion. Though I would also like to know if we will have to wait for them to implement key parts of the game.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1. What are your planned changes to TW Mechanics?

2. What new game content your players can be most excited about?

3. We understand PW International doesn't have full control over its content, but why do they royally **** up things they do have control over?

IE adding medal of glory to dq points
    Like in light of the complaints about having the dominance blessing removed >> adding a +30 attack lvl blessing.

China removed the blessing to make things more challenging. What did we do? PUT SOMETHING IN TO MAKE THINGS EASIER! Where is the logic in this? Not only did tt and fb's become easier but everything in the open world. Not to mention **** the balance of the game and making players prostitute themselves on facebook.

I hope the expansion removes the bless. The chinese version added balance, someone on this side of the ocean thought it would be a good idea to throw the tweaking out the window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tysparr
    tysparr Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I just wanna know how the OP pronounces his surname please?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011

"Will they make another class that can spam solo instances, as long as you have the gear. and capp level?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    will there be a new server?

what are some more info on the new classes?

what are guild bases like?

will there be any TW changes?

will there be any new instances/gear?

will 5aps be nerfed in any way?

will rubberbanding be solved, or at least curved?

Get an answer to at least 2 of these questions and I'll be a happy wiz b:cute
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Hey cmon, in a proper interview they might give a real answer.

Not like they can lock the interview and throw it to the lower depths right? b:shocked
This discussion has been closed.