No, I am not hacking!

Kazunoko - Archosaur
Kazunoko - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I got accused by some players of cheating yesterday, so I thought I would offer a quick tip to new alts. There is a way to level to 30 very quickly without doing just quests (and something other than lowbie Frost).

I have a high-level psychic main. I just started this toon over the weekend, and I really didn't want to trudge through all the initial quests again. Then I got an idea...

1. Give your low-level character a charm, a bow, some hypers, and some health pots.
2. Buff your low-level character with Soul of Vengeance.
3. Take the low-level character to a place with monsters that are tightly grouped, enable hypers, and shoot everything once.
4. Drink a health pot while the mobs are approaching you.
5. Laugh as they kill themselves (my SoV does around 1900hp of damage).
6. Repeat.

It was hilarious. Level 1-15 in around 4 minutes. 15-21 in another 6 or so. Now I'll stop and actually play the game so I can learn the class. I enjoy my psychic a bit more, but rolling this class has been more fun than I expected. I don't think I'll make it 5aps, but with bloodpaint and decent aps I hope to be able to farm instances better than my psy can. b:surrender
Kazunoko: n. Herring roe, used in many common sushi recipes.

Wasabi: n. Kazunoko's pet tiger. b:chuckle
Post edited by Kazunoko - Archosaur on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    "Archosaur"
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    and now you're 20.... with seriously underlevled skills.... barely no spirit to speak of, can't do BH over and over and over to get more spirit till you even hit 40....... good going. If you're really going to start playing NORMAL now... hope u have fun having the **** beat out of you cause your skills blow and the mobs reach you way before they die. lol

Shoulda hypered and whoracled to 80 if you're going to play like that, then spam FF AND BH (AND more oracles if you're rich) for spirit to catch up.

Edit: Err wait... you're only going to 30 on this one? ummm nvm

Edit #2: lmao i thought u rolled another Psy... so that "reach u b4 they die" comment ya that made no sense srry.... but ya if u lvl and play sin like me, i use almost EVERY skill dpending what i'm doing.... have fun building up all that spirit when u already missed some. Not MUCH... but ya still missed some.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    and now you're 20.... with seriously underlevled skills.... barely no spirit to speak of, can't do BH over and over and over to get more spirit till you even hit 40....... good going. If you're really going to start playing NORMAL now... hope u have fun having the **** beat out of you cause your skills blow and the mobs reach you way before they die. lol

Shoulda hypered and whoracled to 80 if you're going to play like that, then spam FF AND BH (AND more oracles if you're rich) for spirit to catch up.

Uh what planet are you on? If hes getting exp hes getting spirit. I grinded my wiz from 1-50 with no quests aside culti (And Goshikis chain) and rarely suffered low spirit.

Quests give **** exp AND spirit, so where else is he getting it.... ?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    easiest way:
    right click.

orbs of cultivation
    then if under 70- do 1-2 fc runs at heads
    70+ BH2 reward orbs.
    profit

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Uh what planet are you on? If hes getting exp hes getting spirit. I grinded my wiz from 1-50 with no quests aside culti (And Goshikis chain) and rarely suffered low spirit.

off the topic, but how'd you manage that? my wiz just dinged 40, and i was elated because now i can run the goshiki chain, dump the XP into genies, and finally have enough spirit to catch up on skills with... am i doing something wrong in choosing skills on my wiz, should i maybe prioritize just one element, or what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I miss opening nien quest packs to level alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011

Quests give **** exp AND spirit, so where else is he getting it.... ?

What planet are YOU on? He's ONLY hittign mobs to lvl, he's not DOING ANY quests. ALL those quests he skipped would give plenty of spirit on TOP of the little grinding he'd have to do to keep his skills at least at a DECENT level. You do your quests... not only do you get the spirit from mobs u have to hit, you get the spirit from the freakign quests too when you turn them in. I do ALL my quests, and every class I've leveled by the time i hit 40 there's not enough spirit to go around to max all the skills on any class. If you want your skills maxxed u need to feed exp to genies and spam BH's or (especially in a 2X) grind grind grind, and not lvl for a bit. Why do you think people make fun of the... "whoracle noobs with underleveled skills at 100 (or some high level) that can't play and have crappy skills that didnt' actually play the game"?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    What planet are YOU on? He's ONLY hittign mobs to lvl, he's not DOING ANY quests. ALL those quests he skipped would give plenty of spirit on TOP of the little grinding he'd have to do to keep his skills at least at a DECENT level.

sure they would, and they'd also give exp.

look, exp and spirit both come at about a 5:1 ratio no matter where you get them from --- quests, grinding, the ratio's pretty much the same no matter what you do. there's very little you can do to skew it, and the main such thing is to sink either exp or spirit (whichever you prefer) into genies. that tactic works just the same no matter where you got the exp and spirit in the first place. leveling by grinding is not much different from leveling through quests, honestly. and that's me speaking as an obsessive quester, in case it matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kazunoko - Archosaur
    Kazunoko - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2011

LOL who oracles anymore? Just hyper frost; it's much much faster than oracles for low-level characters.

And Lanyiara is correct. I was able to learn every available skill to its max level when I was done. Hypers give 12x spirit too, in case you didn't know.

Besides, you act like I should know how to play my toon. Pfft. Maybe that was true in 2009, but these days it's:

1. Frost to 100
    2. Get 5aps with rank 8 fists and pack gear
    3. Push the attack button
    4. Profit

When my main went on a Frost recently and asked the BM to "Heaven's Flame", they had no idea what I was talking about. They thought I meant demon spark. b:nosebleed

I gave up. There is no point in learning how to play anymore unless you actually enjoy the game itself. Because everyone is part of the aps craze now, nobody really needs to know how to use their abilities.

Unless you PvP. Then, you need to know how to click on stealth, force stealth, double-spark, and tackling slash. b:chuckle
    Kazunoko: n. Herring roe, used in many common sushi recipes.

Wasabi: n. Kazunoko's pet tiger. b:chuckle
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    LOL who oracles anymore? Just hyper frost; it's much much faster than oracles for low-level characters.

And Lanyiara is correct. I was able to learn every available skill to its max level when I was done. Hypers give 12x spirit too, in case you didn't know.

Besides, you act like I should know how to play my toon. Pfft. Maybe that was true in 2009, but these days it's:

1. Frost to 100
    4. Profit

When my main went on a Frost recently and asked the BM to "Heaven's Flame", they had no idea what I was talking about. They thought I meant demon spark. b:nosebleed

I gave up. There is no point in learning how to play anymore unless you actually enjoy the game itself. Because everyone is part of the aps craze now, nobody really needs to know how to use their abilities.

Unless you PvP. Then, you need to know how to click on stealth, force stealth, double-spark, and tackling slash. b:chuckle

Headhunt + Shadow tele
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Or you can just hyper first 3 bosses in Frost and go from lvl 1-30 in 4 minutes :/ Or thats how i always do it.

Dont need to equip a charm for Frosting alts. But i guess if you dont have chars to solo Frost for you this seems like a really good way to do it :) I would definitely try it out if i had a 100+ Psy.

Only thing that sucks is when you have to do lvl 9,19,29,39 culti in a row b:cry

Never understood people who thinks you learn something valuable about the game by doing repetitive low level quests on your alt. I mean you already done the quests once or twice and killing mobs isn't exactly brain surgery. All quests besides Culti + Tideborn Chain is a waste of time for your secondary chars.

For new players tho i would strongly suggest doing quests to get an idea about the gameplay, how stuff works in general and getting to see the world map. Than you can go nuts over hypers/oracles/other easy mode way of leveling.

Remember meeting a guy who was using Hypers while spamming Wicked Pirate oracles and asking me where he could buy a Demon Cultivation at lvl 49, than i kinda realized questing does have a very important purpose.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    What planet are YOU on? He's ONLY hittign mobs to lvl, he's not DOING ANY quests. ALL those quests he skipped would give plenty of spirit on TOP of the little grinding he'd have to do to keep his skills at least at a DECENT level. You do your quests... not only do you get the spirit from mobs u have to hit, you get the spirit from the freakign quests too when you turn them in. I do ALL my quests, and every class I've leveled by the time i hit 40 there's not enough spirit to go around to max all the skills on any class. If you want your skills maxxed u need to feed exp to genies and spam BH's or (especially in a 2X) grind grind grind, and not lvl for a bit. Why do you think people make fun of the... "whoracle noobs with underleveled skills at 100 (or some high level) that can't play and have crappy skills that didnt' actually play the game"?

Most of the quests are bollocks. By the time youve travelled form a to b, you could have grinded the exp the quest gives on better mobs that you have no trouble with.

---As for underlevelled skills at 100, my Sin has that issue quite badly, because lol, I cant afford to pay 1,050,000 for the last level of a skill and struggle to grind that in a day. Theres a difference in having more choice skills levelled and others not vs not having any skills levelled you know. Any Wizard that has LV 10 2spark AoEs (all of them, ALL 3) as he/she dings 100 is a ****ing rich son of a *****.

If you pay attention to the skills we have, and LOOK at the in-game skill tree, youl find that they ARE tree based.

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

Look at the cleric BM and Sin. They have some the clearest definable trees.

You see the Sin? The survival tree has BP, Stealth, Deaden Nerves and both damage and status avoidence buffs. The tree to the right is mobility, with jump, telestun, Windpush and Maze Steps. The other two trees I cant really place a defining point on.

On my sin ive focused on the tree with Chill of the deep in it and I left most other skills behind until later. Im now catching up on HeadHunt and Powerdash, as I get the money for it.

Cleric? Healing Tree and Damage Tree. Then the buffs go alongside.

BM, this is the big obvious one, pole, axe/hammer, blade/sword and fist trees.

---The reason they are like this is for you to pick out a path to level with. The rest of the skills are supposed to be caught up at a later level.

Hell, :

Wizard, Fire, Water, Earth Trees. (My Wizard has focus on not the trees, but the skills, so im breaking the rules slightly (I abuse Sutra and the lower skills of ALL elements as opposed to one tree being central to levelling))

Archers, Metal Tree, Effect tree (The poison arrow etc) and physical tree.

Barbs, Buff tree, Tiger tree, Stood up tree. Aggro tree I guess.

Venos are simple. Magic tree and Fox tree are obvious. then theres the effect / buff tree bit. And the Fox tree splits into effects and Physical attacks.

Psychics, Black voodoo (Obvious) White voodoo (Duh) and buffs (ofc).

Quests give you rewards for fighting often unsuitable mobs and require travelling most of the time.

Grinding lets you choose your mob, wether for ease of kill (Venos for Earth type Physical mobs for instance (Pet + kite)), or drops ([?] mobs in OHT? Etc.) or even just because theres noone else in the area.

Grinding in PW > Quests in almost every occasion. BHs are exceptions due to the rediculous amount of EXP, as well as Goshiki's chain.

Frost is also grinding, for the major part of the definition.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    \

1. Frost to 100
    4. Profit

You can't get 5 aps with rank 8 fists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    You can't get 5 aps with rank 8 fists.

I think he skipped a comma.
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    TankedBeast - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wondering when a GM is going to notice that the OP admits he logs two chars at once, and they interract with each other... No wonder there are so many QQ threads saying "WHY AM I BANNED?" and "WHAT DOES 'ToS' MEAN??" .. Haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leader of Sangnati (Latin for Blood Born/Nation)
    We can be your best friend... Or your worst enemy...
    Which would you prefer?
    b:sin
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
    Yes, 5.0 really is OP. Yet, I still got it... b:chuckle
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Wondering when a GM is going to notice that the OP admits he logs two chars at once, and they interract with each other... No wonder there are so many QQ threads saying "WHY AM I BANNED?" and "WHAT DOES 'ToS' MEAN??" .. Haha

Not hacking, just multi-clienting. Too many script kiddies now; they don't even know what "hacking" means. Still breaks ToS though.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    not quoting u Lan... too long... but u seem to miss the part i said if u DO your quests.. your'e still grinding.... but u get EXTRA on TOP of that when u turn that quest in. Feed you r genie some of that exp or not to keep yourself at a lvl.... but simple fact is that SAME AMOUNT OF TIME you grinded those quest mobs, u got EXTRA spirit as opposed to JSUT grinding that same amount of time. Get a 3.0 flyer it really doesnt' take that long to turn in any quest.... 5 minutes max. If you're in one CORNER of the map and have to go to another.... tele.

Take a quest that gives you... say 10k spirit. I'm just gonna throw out numbers here but i'm sure it's not that far off..... would you rather do a quest, then spend a couple minutes to go turn it in for another 10k spirit? Or go GRIND for 30 MINUTES for that 10k spirit you need? Seriously.... people that try to justify NEVER doing quests make me laugh. OR make me want to strangle them.... like the idiot that couldnt' FIND his FB 69 **** cause he never does quests, and his list was too long, and we're all twiddling our thumbs in 69 while he figures it out.... after 30 minutes i left. He was still trying to find it..... but ya dont' do your quests.... have fun playing k? cya ima go BH on my sin for more spirit when i start leveling it again.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Quote: "Wondering when a GM is going to notice that the OP admits he logs two chars at once, and they interract with each other... No wonder there are so many QQ threads saying "WHY AM I BANNED?" and "WHAT DOES 'ToS' MEAN??" .. Haha "
    Not hacking, just multi-clienting. Too many script kiddies now; they don't even know what "hacking" means. Still breaks ToS though.

Um.... it's only breaking the rules if they run more then one client on the SAME PC...... you have no damn clue whether he's using two different pc's or not to log the Psy and Sin on at once. PW can check to see the IP of the computer each account is logged on with, when they're both on at once..... but still.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    just wow >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2011
    Wow.. Alasen.. take a Midol or 20.... while your at it.. take a xanax.. You really need to chill. I meant that as a joke, but I bet he is multi clienting. Either way, I don't really care. You are just a bit too touchy today. I'mma climb back into the troll cave i came from until you take your meds b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which would you prefer?
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    not quoting u Lan... too long... but u seem to miss the part i said if u DO your quests.. your'e still grinding.... but u get EXTRA on TOP of that when u turn that quest in. Feed you r genie some of that exp or not to keep yourself at a lvl.... but simple fact is that SAME AMOUNT OF TIME you grinded those quest mobs, u got EXTRA spirit as opposed to JSUT grinding that same amount of time. Get a 3.0 flyer it really doesnt' take that long to turn in any quest.... 5 minutes max. If you're in one CORNER of the map and have to go to another.... tele.

Take a quest that gives you... say 10k spirit. I'm just gonna throw out numbers here but i'm sure it's not that far off..... would you rather do a quest, then spend a couple minutes to go turn it in for another 10k spirit? Or go GRIND for 30 MINUTES for that 10k spirit you need? Seriously.... people that try to justify NEVER doing quests make me laugh. OR make me want to strangle them.... like the idiot that couldnt' FIND his FB 69 **** cause he never does quests, and his list was too long, and we're all twiddling our thumbs in 69 while he figures it out.... after 30 minutes i left. He was still trying to find it..... but ya dont' do your quests.... have fun playing k? cya ima go BH on my sin for more spirit when i start leveling it again.

Um, travelling = time I couldve ground. Strange how ive sucessfully grinded my way after 70 on my sin, after 60 on my veno and from level 1 on my wizard and never encountered this issue. I focus on a tree and the rest of the skills come later.

3.0 fly? Costs money.
    Tele? Costs money.
    Going to get quests, return, complete and find more NPCs. Every moment your in towns / flying looking for NPCs im camping the same easy mobs getting good coin, spirit and experience. You are getting nothing.

Hell with some luck il get a blue drop or 5 that someone will pay 50k for (Even at Lv50 or less) and thatl out-reward any quest you do.

Do my quests? Well lets look at this. Kill 30 Archer mobs for my Wizzy. Uhh...... Theres some nice Fire Magic mobs over there, they give the same exp but die much easier and drop better....... I think il grind 10 more easy mobs than mess around with **** mobs just for a quest.

Im not saying you shouldnt quest, on the first run through the game its the best way to level and learn. And even get appropriate gear in some cases (Althought its pretty **** in the end).

Oh and FB 69? The culti part is in Yellow. Its really bloody obvious.

If you are on about the Pole and Nob + 20/20/20 then LOL. I did that on my cleric and no other character. It is unnessecery and not worth the effort or time.

As for you, you want spirit for what again? Skills.... Skills you dont need il bet. Pick a tree or the skills you really want, then catch up on the others later on. Trust me, youl level faster and you amazingly NOT suck at later levels if you have any idea what you are doing.

Again, il re-iterate :

Skill trees let you follow one path and you can catch up later. Just because you can use and level all the skills doesnt mean you have to. In most cases you are wasting your time.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Wow.. Alasen.. take a Midol or 20.... while your at it.. take a xanax.. You really need to chill. I meant that as a joke, but I bet he is multi clienting. Either way, I don't really care. You are just a bit too touchy today. I'mma climb back into the troll cave i came from until you take your meds b:surrender

wtf? lol where the hell did i yell at you or anything....... and u didnt' say it was a joke, and neither did the next guy, there IS no "joking" on the net unless u can somehow make it obvious..... you looked like you were being serious and i was correcting you.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Whats up with all these people who thinks you dont get spirit from Oracles/Frost and using Hypers O_O

I mean people even Frost at 100+ to get spirit for skill they wanna learn...

Everything in the game has about the same ratio for exp/spirit that goes for both mobs and quests (Oracle is actually a quest if someone missed that).

Its not many quests that only gives you spirit and no exp, i only know about 3 of them including BH100 spirit reward.

Other than that, only way to get more spirits than normal ratio would be to die a lot or feed the genie b:chuckle
    edited January 2011
    i did quests up until like lvl 6x on my first char.. to like 40 on my next two or three.. after that, i just hyper grinded after lvl 20 or so... You can learn how to play your character during BHs. Before that, you fail at it anywayz, unless you've played one before.

Alasen, you just make things worse..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which would you prefer?
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Quote: "Wondering when a GM is going to notice that the OP admits he logs two chars at once, and they interract with each other... No wonder there are so many QQ threads saying "WHY AM I BANNED?" and "WHAT DOES 'ToS' MEAN??" .. Haha "

Um.... it's only breaking the rules if they run more then one client on the SAME PC...... you have no damn clue whether he's using two different pc's or not to log the Psy and Sin on at once. PW can check to see the IP of the computer each account is logged on with, when they're both on at once..... but still.

Even if he used more than one computer he still admits that he has two accounts that he had logged in at the same time. Either way he broke ToS. I was simply implying that he wouldn't know the first thing about actual "hacking". As in the kind where you don't just install a program and press run or follow a list of directions.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Um, travelling = time I couldve ground. Strange how ive sucessfully grinded my way after 70 on my sin, after 60 on my veno and from level 1 on my wizard and never encountered this issue. I focus on a tree and the rest of the skills come later.

christ... ok VENO i have no problem with skills.... cause half of them i could give a **** about.. Sin I use almost every one.... depending what i'm doing. YOU try keeping ALL your skills up while u level. Then talk... btw travelling time like 5 friggin minutes max does NOT equal the time it'd take u to grind that same spirit u get FROM the quest (30 minutes or so?). Did you... NOT read anything i said? again?

3.0 fly? Costs money.
    Tele? Costs money.
    and? then make some money...

Going to get quests, return, complete and find more NPCs. Every moment your in towns / flying looking for NPCs im camping the same easy mobs getting good coin, spirit and experience. You are getting nothing.

we're not talking about coins and exp here, we're talking about SPIRIT for SKILLS, and i do still have to grind some each lvl.... quests dont' lvl u alone.... lol But if you want to get into money..... why u think i leveled a veno? I have no money problems...

Hell with some luck il get a blue drop or 5 that someone will pay 50k for (Even at Lv50 or less) and thatl out-reward any quest you do.

wow really? gues what? You can get those drops on quest mobs too....

Do my quests? Well lets look at this. Kill 30 Archer mobs for my Wizzy. Uhh...... Theres some nice Fire Magic mobs over there, they give the same exp but die much easier and drop better....... I think il grind 10 more easy mobs than mess around with **** mobs just for a quest.

Or.... you can kill those 30 archer mobs.... turn in the quest, and sell w/e drops u got from them, get BONUS exp/spirit from the quest, then go grind those "easy" fire mobs (which if they're in the same lvl range 99% of the time have the SAME DROP RATE) for the rest of your level and also not have quests clogging up your log..

Im not saying you shouldnt quest, on the first run through the game its the best way to level and learn. And even get appropriate gear in some cases (Althought its pretty **** in the end).

Oh and FB 69? The culti part is in Yellow. Its really bloody obvious.
    no **** it's bloody obvious. If that was to me... i guess u completely missed the part i said it was SOMEONE ELSE that couldnt' find their bloody quest cause they had too much **** in their quest log.b:surrender

If you are on about the Pole and Nob + 20/20/20 then LOL. I did that on my cleric and no other character. It is unnessecery and not worth the effort or time.
    um what? How in the hell? You dont' get the entire fb 69 till 70, and you can't GET all the tabs till you do the 20X3.. But still it wasn't that, this guy couldn't find the other quests while you're in there, like digging the pillars.

As for you, you want spirit for what again? Skills.... Skills you dont need il bet. Pick a tree or the skills you really want, then catch up on the others later on. Trust me, youl level faster and you amazingly NOT suck at later levels if you have any idea what you are doing.

Again, il re-iterate :

Skill trees let you follow one path and you can catch up later. Just because you can use and level all the skills doesnt mean you have to. In most cases you are wasting your time.

When the hell did this turn around to me not needing half MY skills? Thought this was about the OP hypering HIS Sin to 20 in like 10 minutes and probably being gimp on spirit. Cause like i said on MY SIN I lvl almost ALL my skills. Depends what i'm doing where i use them but ya.... abnd i already don't suck thank you very much.... and AGAIN.. i dont' CARE about half my veno's skills. But trying out CLERIC (try keeping buffs maxxed AND your attacks AND w/e else) and i'm leveling just about every skill my sin has, prolyl do the same on psy too.... the more spirit you can get the better... And you're trying to tell me grinding for 30 minutes or w/e is better then taking 5 to turn in a quest (or all your quests at once instead of going back and forth).

BTW.... my faction leader has a barb, he doesnt' lvl at ALL till EVERY SKILL is maxxed.... He could pull ENTIRE groups in FF at 80 when i've seen barbs even at 85 that die to half that amount b4 the cleric's got BB up... he's dueled lvl 90+'s and won... hell he just tanked Dimentoria in 1-2 with no cleric a few days ago (our cleric got nailed by the aoe b4 she could move..... her pc tends to freeze up :/)... so ya... keep trying to tell me to only level half my skills.... i'll jsut laugh.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Even if he used more than one computer he still admits that he has two accounts that he had logged in at the same time. Either way he broke ToS. I was simply implying that he wouldn't know the first thing about actual "hacking". As in the kind where you don't just install a program and press run or follow a list of directions.

Tanked, READ THIS.... THIS IDIOT isnt' joking..... Zea go search the forums and read before you post. It's PERFECTLY FINE to log two DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS on two DIFFERENT COMPUTERS at the same time........

You CAN'T multi-client on the SAME pc..... is it that hard to understand? really?
    edited January 2011
    okay.. this thread is now just a big arguement. >.> Moving on to the next one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which would you prefer?
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    When the hell did this turn around to me not needing half MY skills? Thought this was about the OP hypering HIS Sin to 20 in like 10 minutes and probably being gimp on spirit. Cause like i said on MY SIN I lvl almost ALL my skills. Depends what i'm doing where i use them but ya.... abnd i already don't suck thank you very much....

You need few skills on a sin unless your PvPing. Autoattack at 1.25 usually kills easier than any skills you use. Note the usually.

Id rather grind it thanks. Travelling is boring.

Again, you dont need the spirit for skills. You. Dont. Need. The. Damn. Skills. Nobody does and almost everyone will agree with me, unless you have a horrible case of OCD, you dont need to level every damn skill with you, nor keep yourself behind to learn those skills at level.

Some people dont have multiple chars and for definite dont make them to get money. A lot of people play that char alone.

Genrally not actually. If a quest demands you kill a mob, it usually doesnt drop for ****. You clearly dont grind enough if you havent discovered this. Almost all of the mobs ive grinded on over the game have not been connected to a quest or only connected to one. MAjor exeption being the Orchid Petali, which are awesome for a long time and in like 10 quests.

You tell them to read the things in yellow. DUH. Its pretty obvious when its culti, you just need to spend amoment telling them. If they then cant get the idea, they suck and you should go. That isnt because of a clogged quest log.

FB =/= culti. If you follow your culti chain, you are forced to enter FB69 at 69 to kill Pyro. Then dig the pillar. Then pewf, culti complete and you DO NOT NEED TO TOUCH 20/20/20 OR THE OTHER TWO BOSSES. In case its not clear, I had a pyro tab. That was my FB. Saved me a lotta pissing around, skipping the other 2/3rds of that **** pile.

---That was red-line by red-line retort to your own post. Since im lazy and PW wont let quote within quote work.

He can be gimped on spirit and will likely never really care. Bloodpaint is a major (Leave it at level 1 til you get Lv11" skill, Most people dont touch Puncture Wound or Chill of the deep. Hell few even use Raving Slash because its weak and the speed debuff doesnt work well with the stop-to-cast style and the availability of Holy Path.

Head Hunt is unimportant unless you want to PvP early, Subsea is the same, along with rift these are best untouched until you approach FC and you can withstand the aggro stealing you are likely to get.

PowerDash is underrarated and underused therefore often unlevelld. (Its like HEadHunt, not needed unless you PvP early however)., Maze Steps works for its purpose at level 1 for most people, hell the only reason im levelling it slowly now is because I have Sage Maze Steps in the bank and that 2 seconds is a heck of a help to me.

Are ya startign to get it? You dont need to level every skill as you get it. Stick to what is neceserry and level the rest later.

You have like 20 mill spirit falling out your *** at 100 after FCs if you havent forgotten.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Wow.... i get what your'e saying.... cept you're totally fracked up. lol First off that guy in 69... his QUEST LOG was so clogged he COULDNT FIND the FB ****. considering you obviously dont' do quests.... you should know they dont' pop up in the find quests or current if it's already FULL..

Second... traveling is boring? What do u do STARE at the screen while you're flying? Go take a leak, get a snack, watch this thing called TV....

As for Sin skills..... ya u dont' need EVERY skill. I dont' PvP. I'm not touching Raving slash.... not touching the stealth stuff past lvl 6... there's quite a few I'm not bothering with. But if you think headhunt is useless, you're a moron. Same with subSea... even if you only PvE alot of the skillls are usefull depending what you're doing. Sorry I'd rather keep my **** up to date now then a year later when i'm 100 with 20 mil spirit falling outta my *** as you put it. I'm not one of these peopel that hyper/whoracle to 100 in a month then has undeleveled skills and dont' know how to use half of them. And I LIKE doing my quests, i dnt' like having **** filling up my logs...

And I'm done with this, just reading your stupidity is making me want more cigarettes. And when you ration them, having a arguemnt with a idiot that cant' see what your'e saying doesn't help.