No more Pay2Win ?

skyraiserdm
skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Some month ago a player hit level 105. Now PWI abused this for a new promotion campaign to gain new players. They stated that this player have reached the maximum level in a short period of time without spending real money.

What do you think is it possible as a real free2play user to do this?

In my opinion it can't be done.
This player has some of the topmost gear in the game and it's unbelievable to reach 105 and get topmost gear without spending a single $
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by skyraiserdm on

Comments

• anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i personnaly dont no anything about this person first time i heard this persons name was when they reached lvl 104 then lvl 105 but i think they have an extra account to do there cash shopping so they can get all the **** they got cus i seriously dis believe tht farming a little each day will get you all tht **** in a year or it could just be another sin related instant win thing who knows
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • ObscureXD - Sanctuary
    ObscureXD - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Everything is possible !! and where did u saw the no money campaign?
  • anwynd
    edited January 2011
    Everything is possible !! and where did u saw the no money campaign?

check the news
  • YingXiaolong - Raging Tide
    YingXiaolong - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well, I suppose it is possible for a F2P player to hit the level cap, it only requires time, patience and of course, a bit of luck.

Also, note that this player is an assassin. Those are quite popular in parties, it seems. What would really surprise me would be a F2P wizzy to hit the cap.

It all comes to money-making, in the end, I suppose. More money = better gear. And with better gear, you can make even more money.

I wish I could find a way to get more monies. Q.Q
  • anwynd
    edited January 2011
    Well, I suppose it is possible for a F2P player to hit the level cap, it only requires time, patience and of course, a bit of luck.

Also, note that this player is an assassin. Those are quite popular in parties, it seems. What would really surprise me would be a F2P wizzy to hit the cap.

It all comes to money-making, in the end, I suppose. More money = better gear. And with better gear, you can make even more money.

I wish I could find a way to get more monies. Q.Q

man i would have gone nuts doing fcc how ever many times kit did to reach the lvl cap lol
  • kingfoolish
    kingfoolish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's possible if u dedicate ur life into this game...
  • anwynd
    edited January 2011
    It's possible if u dedicate ur life into this game...

hmm just those words make me laugh and then make me sad lol
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i could make ~100mil per week without really playing or thinking a lot (i'm kinda lazy though)
    and there are a lot of better merchants.

besides, once u get a 5aps it's easy to farm $$; and creating a 5aps isnt that expensive
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Honestly, it is possible to get to 105 without CSing..it's not even hard to do anymore, for any class.

The fact that PWI posted that he used no money to get to where Kita is today is stupid. It's easy to just charge zhen with another account, and it is a blatant fail attempt at making a promotion.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i could make ~100mil per week without really playing or thinking a lot

PM in-game o.o
  • pierrevr1
    pierrevr1 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I have made 3 billion so far in 2 years - just trading . Never bought gold. I just buy and sell.
    Spent 1 billion on my veno and have 2 billion in cash and stock atm.My sin is at 300k rep. Was gonna do the dagger and ring then sold all the general tokens for 100% profit haha - made 400mil profit . Dont play much atm so I trade and roll my money. Can gear my sin the same as Kitamura and run fcc solo with hypers - just dont feel like spending that much time running fcc atm and enjoying making tons of money.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Honestly, it is possible to get to 105 without CSing..it's not even hard to do anymore, for any class.

The fact that PWI posted that he used no money to get to where Kita is today is stupid. It's easy to just charge zhen with another account, and it is a blatant fail attempt at making a promotion.

It is possible for traders, for players, which are in powerful faction.

If one player will take gold, coins and services from dozens other players (including CSing), he/she can reach high level without problems.

Those "dozens" will be without their gold and coins, of course.
  • divinenyte
    divinenyte Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This game is dying, simple as that, they've ruined what was once a great balanced thing and perverted it into a freakin piece of @#$% with their over rediculous sales. i quit about a few weeks ago, NPC'ed my +12 weapon and alot of other things without hesitation and deleted my account and toons entirely, and i'm sure alot of others have done the same tho not as drastic as i was about it tho lol. but yes, the failure of an attempt at a promotion due o this.......lv105 is pathetic and shallow to their loyal players. i say if they want freaking money, then they should make it a pay to play cause thats all this game s about anymore, people who busted their butts to get to where they are are now being made to look like a fool by giving others with cash the chance to get what they want just by sliding a @#$#%@#$# credit card. anyway. . . . . to the ones still plsying, have fun. . . . . .while you can at least tolerate it.
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Not possible. At some point by the time a "none cash player" hits 105 they would have charged their zen at least once for fashion or dye or charms or whatever the case may be. Point is everyone at least spends the minimum 10 gold on this game if they play long enough to "naturaly" hit 105
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Not possible. At some point by the time a "none cash player" hits 105 they would have charged their zen at least once for fashion or dye or charms or whatever the case may be. Point is everyone at least spends the minimum 10 gold on this game if they play long enough to "naturaly" hit 105

He is on a mission to gain 10 billion
    As a non cash-shopper

Again, it is possible, but hundreds(?) other players (in quoted case) will be without their money.

Wise "Uncle Scrooge" will put those money at own pockets.

Edit:
    To show some results of trader http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3465/phantome.jpg
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    divinenyte wrote: »
    This game is dying, simple as that, they've ruined what was once a great balanced thing and perverted it into a freakin piece of @#$% with their over rediculous sales. i quit about a few weeks ago, NPC'ed my +12 weapon and alot of other things without hesitation and deleted my account and toons entirely, and i'm sure alot of others have done the same tho not as drastic as i was about it tho lol. but yes, the failure of an attempt at a promotion due o this.......lv105 is pathetic and shallow to their loyal players. i say if they want freaking money, then they should make it a pay to play cause thats all this game s about anymore, people who busted their butts to get to where they are are now being made to look like a fool by giving others with cash the chance to get what they want just by sliding a @#$#%@#$# credit card. anyway. . . . . to the ones still plsying, have fun. . . . . .while you can at least tolerate it.

Q_Q nyte i miss you bro i wish you hadnt deleted your char so you could atleast come back to talk to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Some month ago a player hit level 105. Now PWI abused this for a new promotion campaign to gain new players. They stated that this player have reached the maximum level in a short period of time without spending real money.

This player has some of the topmost gear in the game and it's unbelievable to reach 105 and get topmost gear without spending a single $

Personally I haven't cash shopped and I've got r8 with a +6 weapon. Alongside that I've got TT99 jewelry and hat, and a cape of elite leather, with various pieces being +3 to +5. Chest has four Diamond of Tigers in it.

Nothing special, but still decent. If I were 5 aps and farmed like mad, I'm sure I could go better.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Personally I found this part more amusing
    2. Not only did you hit the level cap, but you did it on Lost City, an ultra-competitive PVP server. Did the fact that it was PVP help or hinder your journey to 105, in your opinion?

Since when does it being a PvP server matter when you hide in FF all day b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why didn't they mention that he already had several higher lvl toons for a very long to time now b:sad
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There is nothing to win in this game. Soo nobody ever payed to win.
  • thorrr
    thorrr Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Time is money. Personally i'de pay 5k used than spending months worth of my time on glitching armageddon. Than again, even 5k us- real life-d for fully geared 105 assasin, looks like a bad deal to me, I cant charge on a compeny bill.

To the point, that assasin got a veno and like 2-3 more 10x charecters all well geared, most of them well CSed.

Edit: dun get me wrong, I CSed myself for like 250usd, nothing wrong with enjoying a game for 2 years and paying 250bucks. Just that Spending that much time/money (or both in this case) in an online world is _______ , very __________.
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    But you don't spend money on an online world. You spend money on your own entertainment for the sheer experience of fun. How much per year are you spending on things like movies etc.? It's just the same b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    But you don't spend money on an online world. You spend money on your own entertainment for the sheer experience of fun. How much per year are you spending on things like movies etc.? It's just the same b:chuckle

A while ago I would agree but right now... ppl who still CS do it so they can either keep up with all the game breaking updates & other CSers or just want to keep their alpha-CSer status /fapfapfap e-peen.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    getpaid2win...b:shutup
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    pw problem is that 'journey to win' is no more fun.

unless you 'play' just to win, and you dont care how you do it.
    atm easiest way to be 'successful' in game is to not play it and merchant (or get very well geared 5aps and solo one instance all the time) - or CS ofc

maybe pw marketing team should use dontPlay2win slogan now b:question
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm kinda curious on what exactly did he win b:question

Can't say there is much content end game. Most of it is trying to get there. Now that you can get to 100 in a month, not that much left.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    atm easiest way to be 'successful' in game is to not play it and merchant (or get very well geared 5aps and solo one instance all the time) - or CS ofc

That's a pretty accurate statement.

When Anniversary Packs first came out the prices for things starting jumping around so much that merchanting became far more effective than actually playing the game.

Any time there's a major sale it takes a few weeks for prices to stabilize, and that's why merchants have been able to generate huge profits.

It worth noting, though, that for a few months before the General Summer's Sale there was a period when merchanting was actually inferior to farming. The endless cycle of sales had gotten into a predictable pattern, so prices had mostly stabilized. Merchanting was still profitable, but it wasn't enough to keep up with actual F2P players who were farming and putting time into the game.

However, that didn't last very long. General Summer's Sale destabilized prices again, and was even more profitable than the first Anniversary Pack sale. I've gone from ~750 million in liquid trading assets to ~2 billion in just a couple of months as a result, while my main character has only gone up 2 levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011

unless you 'play' just to win, and you dont care how you do it.

+1. basically msot of the day i'm a catshop, to the point that i wonder if i should update my char.

can we have a refining stones for catshops sale? xd
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Very possible to get top gear without paying cash.
    I've already achieved full r9 rep + summer tokens and only missing a few medals. Too lazy to grind dqs for medals. b:pleased Also just got enough orbs to +12 one item and +10 all other. After all that I will still have about 1.5k boutique gold worth of items sitting on my character to merchant. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There is nothing to win in this game. Soo nobody ever payed to win.

pay to win at pvp/pk/duel or what ever, thought that was more then obvious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*