No more Pay2Win ?

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's alot easier to do it as a sin than other classes. Check out the rankings.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ranking

7 of the top 10 spots are currently Assassins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Wow Sanct sure behind on lvls
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Its is but not much, thing is for sins lvl matters and other class when they see how muc h exp is for 102,asn so on they just quit lvling
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I was surprised to see it was a sin.

I honestly throught it was gonna be a veno.

What with certain people saying how venos are the best tank/dd/heal, rolled in one bundle of fur and fleas. followed by a big yellow can of bugspray? b:shutup
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited January 2011

What with certain people saying how venos are the best tank/dd/heal, rolled in one bundle of fur and fleas. followed by a big yellow can of bugspray? b:shutup

Those ppl are 1.5 years behind then. b:cute
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2011

8 of the top 10 spots are currently Assassins.

Fixed for you.

If this does not show the Devs back in China how stupidly broken Sins are, idk what will.
  • UltraRage - Heavens Tear
    UltraRage - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    grrr does this person even post in forums i want to see her avatar >_<? and most likely short period of time FF from lvl 1-105 >_< can get 1-44 inalmost 1 run 44-50+ 1 run tada if you have a person to be your ff slave >_<
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    grrr does this person even post in forums i want to see her avatar >_<? and most likely short period of time FF from lvl 1-105 >_< can get 1-44 inalmost 1 run 44-50+ 1 run tada if you have a person to be your ff slave >_<

use the search button..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Not possible. At some point by the time a "none cash player" hits 105 they would have charged their zen at least once for fashion or dye or charms or whatever the case may be. Point is everyone at least spends the minimum 10 gold on this game if they play long enough to "naturaly" hit 105

Honestly, I've been around more than long enough to naturally level to 105 (though I'm too lazy to keep going and just end up deleting my higher characters before then), and I haven't charged gold at all.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    even if she didnt buy gold shop items off the shop herself, she still used stuff from it to level . to me, she still paid to play, just in a different way.

Some month ago a player hit level 105. Now PWI abused this for a new promotion campaign to gain new players. They stated that this player have reached the maximum level in a short period of time without spending real money.

What do you think is it possible as a real free2play user to do this?

In my opinion it can't be done.
    This player has some of the topmost gear in the game and it's unbelievable to reach 105 and get topmost gear without spending a single $
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • GentoKouken - Raging Tide
    GentoKouken - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    From what i have read on the news the Sin says that she merchant a lot to get money and also farm for 4-5 hours per day... So i think is possible to get 105 without spending real money if you spend a lot of time on the game to compensate for...
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    From what i have read on the news the Sin says that she merchant a lot to get money and also farm for 4-5 hours per day... So i think is possible to get 105 without spending real money if you spend a lot of time on the game to compensate for...

Oh really?
  • Dpicic - Harshlands
    Dpicic - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2011

where is harshlands on this list b:sad
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Very possible to get top gear without paying cash.
    I've already achieved full r9 rep + summer tokens and only missing a few medals. Too lazy to grind dqs for medals. b:pleased Also just got enough orbs to +12 one item and +10 all other. After all that I will still have about 1.5k boutique gold worth of items sitting on my character to merchant. b:victory
    Your talking about 1character R9 that JUST got enough orbs to +12, this person is about 4+ characters and top gear, someone who has money flowin out the ****
    its possible but remember,

what most pple are QQing is

1) The fact that it states they NEVER spent a dime IRL money
    - What they want pwi to do: To check the transactions of all the below accounts/characters and the unlisted accounts that repeatedly interact with main characters, to see if they didnt spend any RL money.

2) I guess their just jealous this person has time to level:
    -Lv105 Demon Rank8/9 Assassin
    -Lv102 Sage Rank9 Assassin
    -Lv102 Demon Veno
    -Lv101 Sage Cleric (Full Light of Nirvana)
    -Lv101 Sage Barbarian (Soon full Shadow of Nirvana)
    -Lv9x Sage Psychic
    -Lv9x Demon Assassin

My take on it: Merchanting usually takes an initial fund to kick you off. Maybe PWI meant that the point was there was no transactions on the character that got to 105, and nevermind the others
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Personally I found this part more amusing

Since when does it being a PvP server matter when you hide in FF all day b:bye

Why would Kita need to hide in FF all day? Could just hide RIGHT NEXT TO YOU b:chuckle
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    It just rubs me the wrong way when people blatantly lie, and it is so beyond obvious, but yet a company will use that lie to form a bigger lie in order to make it seem like everything is A-OK with the game.

Kinda like how Taco Bell lies and says they use real meat. b:angry

But whatever, man. If Kit wants to feel all importants and stuffs on the intarnetz, by all means....go for it. Not like anyone really cares, and not like it matters IRL.
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    use the search button..

Already did but possible they could post on an alt :P but yeah then no one would know.
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It just rubs me the wrong way when people blatantly lie, and it is so beyond obvious, but yet a company will use that lie to form a bigger lie in order to make it seem like everything is A-OK with the game.

Kinda like how Taco Bell lies and says they use real meat. b:angry

But whatever, man. If Kit wants to feel all importants and stuffs on the intarnetz, by all means....go for it. Not like anyone really cares, and not like it matters IRL.
    What's the lie? They were evidently a merchant. Merchants start out slow, then build their assets and smartly sell when they are making a profit. One player I know sits on around a billion coins worth of stuff, waiting to sell it. Another 300m. You don't pull assets out of your bum, but w/e, it's funny how easily jealous of others some get. I don't even care about Kitamura (they're on a server I don't care to play) but the seething jealousy of him/her is pretty funny.

Personally I found this part more amusing

Since when does it being a PvP server matter when you hide in FF all day b:bye
    It matters when people from LC come to the forums and go (paraphrasing) "lookit, he was on a PVP server, take that PVE servers!". Which, of course, means absolutely nothing given you can't level up in PVP/PK so every server is PVE to an extent.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    +1. basically msot of the day i'm a catshop, to the point that i wonder if i should update my char.

can we have a refining stones for catshops sale? xd

if you are getting bored with making money for yourself, make some for others.

i was like bank, i asked friends to give me some amount of coins and then -after some time- they got % of my profits.

friend's profit = friend's cash invested * total profit / total cash invested

where all friends cash invested wasnt more than 1/3 of total cash (call me greedy)

i.e. one got 160m from 40m and other 32m from 8m - after 2 weeks.

making money is fun, but it can get boring after a while.. you realize, that you didnt choose pw to play monopoly, but to pew-pew stuff in rpg environment
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    mindless rabble.

Know what I find pretty funny? How you sit on forums on the internet all day long and criticize and inspect every little detail of everyone's post, stalk people and look down on everyone.

But hey, what you do in your free time is your own deal, right?

Kit may have merchanted, but the person is far from being a 100% F2P gamer. And until you have logs from Kit's accounts that proves otherwise, both of our arguments are just mindless rabble.

Have fun inspecting every detail of this post and sorting it out to type out long posts to make you seem like the all knowing. b:bye
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Know what I find pretty funny? How you sit on forums on the internet all day long and criticize and inspect every little detail of everyone's post, stalk people and look down on everyone.

But hey, what you do in your free time is your own deal, right?

Kit may have merchanted, but the person is far from being a 100% F2P gamer. And until you have logs from Kit's accounts that proves otherwise, both of our arguments are just mindless rabble.

Have fun inspecting every detail of this post and sorting it out to type out long posts to make you seem like the all knowing. b:bye
    Have fun inspecting every detail of a player who plays on how he/she plays. Indeed, what you do with your free time is your own deal, though it seems I have a fan who likes to follow my posts around and call other people stalkers. It's just hilarious how many QQers here like throwing stones in glass houses.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    All it took was time, determination and conforming to the same old APS > all routine.

If you grind up 3APS (relatively easy with Demon), youl then be welcome in mid-range squads for the real moneymaking stuff, meaning 5APS is on the way.

Once you get 5APS, youl be burning your keys in minutes, then running FC, then TT til the day ends.

All the while merchanting on the side, gaining further millions.

With enough determination and ******n boring repetetiveness, you can grind anything you like in this game.

5APS and 105 is easy, imo, assuming you can stand to see the same instances and people everytime you log on.

---Its just become recently that earning coin in-game for a day is rewardless compared to spending a real day working in a real job.

Oh and easy =/=quick. Im amazed at the speed, but I think its reasonable. Gotta remember that if you are that determined, you could simply run more FCs unhypered on eso and never hyper, which actually makes the amount you can grind in a day much larger... Or do 4x Hypers like I do, you can hyper the last half of FC about 7 times a day as opposed to using about 3 activations per run or only getting the exp room on 12x. (Which is **** at 10x btw. Dragoons > ALL.)
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ok, I know I said it wasn't possible but then I actually went and read the thing in the news section and it says she was doing "fc sessions", that right there says to me she used hypers. Anyone that has done even 1 FC run knows that everyhting gives "ok" exp but if you dont hyper it its not worth running and you might as well be grinding anything else for the same effect...
    edited January 2011
    What's the lie? They were evidently a merchant. Merchants start out slow, then build their assets and smartly sell when they are making a profit. One player I know sits on around a billion coins worth of stuff, waiting to sell it. Another 300m. You don't pull assets out of your bum, but w/e, it's funny how easily jealous of others some get. I don't even care about Kitamura (they're on a server I don't care to play) but the seething jealousy of him/her is pretty funny.
    That would make sense it we were talking about pimping 1 character. Cause nirvanas back then cost well over 700M excluding the weapon and shards. (even if u run your own you still need to split among your pals)
    person in question got:
    -Lv102 Demon Veno
    -Lv9x Sage Psychic
    -Lv9x Demon Assassin

of course refined and sharded.
    I think the pple just wanna know if this person started selling DQs or something for their 5 billion+ coinage lol
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ok, I know I said it wasn't possible but then I actually went and read the thing in the news section and it says she was doing "fc sessions", that right there says to me she used hypers. Anyone that has done even 1 FC run knows that everyhting gives "ok" exp but if you dont hyper it its not worth running and you might as well be grinding anything else for the same effect...

Wrong. Even without Hypers FCC gives more exp in shorter time than grinding. BUT, yes, due to repair costs, food, charm cost, etc, FCC generally not worth it if you don't hyper. So , also... Right. :|

As for me, I believe it's fully possible to reach level cap with no cash spent. I don't personally know Kitamura, but he sounds like a really accomplished player as far as farming goes. If you have a good base in farming, you can make a lot of money, combined with the know how on merching and you'll be rich.

But I'm not quite stupid enough to not be suspicious of pwe about this either. Looking at multiple sides of this, I can see where Kitamura's advertized alleged Non-CS success could be a big show to get other non-CSers encouraged to stick around. Why? so they can keep buying from CSers and keep demand for CS items alive. Because as people like to mindlessly grunt, this game wouldn't be possible without CSers, but the reverse is true as well... it also wouldn't be possible without non-CSers, who keep market alive by needing things that only CSers can supply. Like APS, You know, so the rest of us can try to keep up with sins at endgame.

There are many ways to look at this, and many people believe Kitamura secretly CSed from another account, which is also completely possible.

But ,from where I stand theres too many viewpoints and possibilities to really know the truth about all this. My best guess is that Kita is an honest, accomplished player, but is getting his image touted and abused by management for their own devious interest.

That's my guess, truth? maybe not. But I aint losin any sleep over this.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    What do you think is it possible as a real free2play user to do this?

Not easily. FieryDevil had at least 3 other lvl 100 characters and is one of the server's most prolific farmer/merchanter. He had at least 2 billion coin saved up when the Raging Tide expansion came online.

Starting off from scratch, it's possible, but not without putting in a LOT of time and effort.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited January 2011
    Not easily. FieryDevil had at least 3 other lvl 100 characters and is one of the server's most prolific farmer/merchanter. He had at least 2 billion coin saved up when the Raging Tide expansion came online.

Starting off from scratch, it's possible, but not without putting in a LOT of time and effort.
    2 billion is not enough to cover the cost of growing 2 characters + covering nirvana tho...assuming u want it properly gemmed and refined. and then u got the inbetween needs
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    She got r9 ijs ... and i've see her/him openning packs ijs ...
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This game is F2P and has always been so.

The difference is that it used to be easier to reach endgame without spending a lot of money. Kita also stated that they'd been played for at least two years on this game, so they already had a good foothold of alts to farm on, and money.

F2P from start to end right now? I'm doubting it's possible. Those people who run around shrieking "I'M 100% F2P LOOK AT ME I DISPROVE YOUR CONSPIRACY CS THEORIES" actually don't tend to mention that they had months upon months of saved money, farmed gear and alts. They are F2P, and that I'm not denying, but I can almost guarantee you that every single one of these players was around months before RT came out and this whole pack and desperate sales **** started. They might be 100% F2P but they're not about to openly admit how much money, gear and shards they may have already saved up before this started, because then it wouldn't make them look as good as they reckon it does.

Not a single one of them will also start a brand new character on a brand new server they haven't played before right now to try and actually prove their theories. Not that they'll admit this, either. Oh, they'll all scream about how free to play this game apparently is, but challenge them to actually play this game in the exact same way a new F2P player would, with no alts, no previous savings and no anything and they won't ****ing do it. They'll wimp out with bull**** excuses about how they shouldn't have to or how it won't prove anything because deep down every single one of them actually knows how futile f2p from scratch actually is.

They just won't admit it because that would make them look stupid and hypocritical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2011

person in question got:
    -Lv102 Demon Veno
    -Lv9x Sage Psychic
    -Lv9x Demon Assassin

Why would you need 3 assassins... I can sort of understand two I guess, if you want both paths, but why three?