Barbs Barbs Barbs

Options

Comments

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Venos who know what they are doing can pull FCC mobs to a waiting squad that also is on the ball. I'm Heavy armor build though.

I didn't realize I can pull all the mobs in the big room until I was asked to sub for my barb hubby who was having severe lag issues. It worked great. Done it several times since then too. It's also fun having hubby take mobs on one side while I take mobs on the other side and lure to the waiting squad at the same time. b:chuckle

FCC runs were not that bad after we started this. Only trouble I get into is getting aggro from a dozen or so mobs when I crit doing a parasitic nova.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Barb_nico - Harshlands
    Barb_nico - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol barbs are only needed for fc and gv who doesnt makes money or gears thats why nobody plays barb they arent the best class for pvp so if u like pvping u wont play barb
    im pretty sure if they nerf 5aps everybody will play barb cause they will be needed again in tt/nirvana
    and ya its almost impossible find a barb nowadays lol
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I still like barbs. They are cool fury cuddly tigers. b:cute

• Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ok , i have read all this stuff about sins,bms an barbs. I seriously dont get it. I am fairly sure a barb does more damage or atleast similiar damage with claws than a sin thats unenlightened enough to use em. At any rate I would always rather squad with a high aps claw barb than any claw sin i have ever seen or met. As for dagger sins, most are not gonna tank without a barb buff - have you seen the price of vit an cit stones lately. I am 6.5k life 101 +12 nirvana dagger demon 4unsparked sin an I assure you without a barb chances are i am gonna die in most of the high end instances without a barb buff.Barbs are needed in or atleast wanted for nearly every high end instance.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I am fairly sure a barb does more damage or atleast similiar damage with claws than a sin thats unenlightened enough to use em.

What . . b:shocked
    Confirming for other class further disappearance later . . . o.o . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As for dagger sins, most are not gonna tank without a barb buff - have you seen the price of vit an cit stones lately. I am 6.5k life 101 +12 nirvana dagger demon 4unsparked sin an I assure you without a barb chances are i am gonna die in most of the high end instances without a barb buff.Barbs are needed in or atleast wanted for nearly every high end instance.

Which brings us to the job of a barb at end-game: buff monkey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Which brings us to the job of a barb at end-game: buff monkey.

So true b:chuckle

Make me remember people comments . .
    " Just give all buffs (including mystic and seeker) to 5 aps class then they practically immortal on instances, especially assassin. "
    b:bye
    Or these one . .
    " Something is really wrong when the game changes make a single class able to solo instances that always need a group before . . "

b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    There are plenty of excellent barbs on every sever. Fuzzy suspects most simply don't answer world chats for random squads to Frost. What is the point? By the time a good barbarian gets up to 8x or 9x they mostly have their squads sorted out and culled down to guild members and friends.

....and if you are having trouble finding a barb to tank Frost for you, the panda does not envy how hard it will be once you want to start running delta. b:shocked

So if the world is 80% formed by aps classes and nobody wants to be a barb anymore its cause ppl dont have time to make friends? and not maybe cause the developers of this company are the worst i ever seen in a online game? (and trust me, i played many)

Who made you moderator? mickey mouse?

Game needs to be balanced for all players, its not that PLAYERS have to be balanced with the game.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ok , i have read all this stuff about sins,bms an barbs. I seriously dont get it. I am fairly sure a barb does more damage or atleast similiar damage with claws than a sin thats unenlightened enough to use em. At any rate I would always rather squad with a high aps claw barb than any claw sin i have ever seen or met. As for dagger sins, most are not gonna tank without a barb buff - have you seen the price of vit an cit stones lately. I am 6.5k life 101 +12 nirvana dagger demon 4unsparked sin an I assure you without a barb chances are i am gonna die in most of the high end instances without a barb buff.Barbs are needed in or atleast wanted for nearly every high end instance.

selling sage barb buffs 100k per squad. convenient placed near nirvana.
    but yeah, i know people that have barbs just to buff them; a buff that lasts long enough doesnt make a class useful; people will just make alts to buff themselves or ask friends etc.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    its not that PLAYERS have to be balanced with the game.

Balance has not nothing to do with it in Fuzzy's opinion. Every server has a good population of barbs that are more than competent at their class.

But go figure.... many many want to be an aps based class because they somehow believe this to be "better". These are the people, who when watching world chat (at least on Fuzzy's sever) are the ones having a hard time finding a barb to be their FC slave.

Many know they cannot achieve the coveted 5aps till end game so they sit around in Snowy Village all day every day attempting to run the same instance at the cost of all else.

Why would any decent barb answer these random WC's to tank for people? The same ones who FC over and over are the same people who tend to neglect their gear at the expense of level. The barb is the first target for accusations of not being able to play their class when a squishy, agro-stealing, ego-maniacle, power-leveler dies.

Have you looked at the gear of random fc parties? They seem to subscribe to the logic of "oh, why farm 80 gear when you only wear it for a week"? 9x people WC'ing for a barb when they are running around in un-sharded, un-refined 7x gear or 6x molds, maybe an 8x+1 weapon at best.

Maybe barbs aren't as populous as other classes, but don't tell me it isn't the players fault they can't find a barb. They build their characters backwards and sacrifice everything at the expense of gaining a level.

Anyone in a GOOD guild should never have a problem finding a barb to party with. For FC, TT, Delta, Warsong or anything.

Don't cry the "unbalanced" tune to Fuzzy, with this panda it just doesn't wash.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Balance has not nothing to do with it in Fuzzy's opinion. Every server has a good population of barbs that are more than competent at their class.

But go figure.... many many want to be an aps based class because they somehow believe this to be "better". These are the people, who when watching world chat (at least on Fuzzy's sever) are the ones having a hard time finding a barb to be their FC slave.

Many know they cannot achieve the coveted 5aps till end game so they sit around in Snowy Village all day every day attempting to run the same instance at the cost of all else.

Why would any decent barb answer these random WC's to tank for people? The same ones who FC over and over are the same people who tend to neglect their gear at the expense of level. The barb is the first target for accusations of not being able to play their class when a squishy, agro-stealing, ego-maniacle, power-leveler dies.

Have you looked at the gear of random fc parties? They seem to subscribe to the logic of "oh, why farm 80 gear when you only wear it for a week"? 9x people WC'ing for a barb when they are running around in un-sharded, un-refined 7x gear or 6x molds, maybe an 8x+1 weapon at best.

Maybe barbs aren't as populous as other classes, but don't tell me it isn't the players fault they can't find a barb. They build their characters backwards and sacrifice everything at the expense of gaining a level.

Anyone in a GOOD guild should never have a problem finding a barb to party with. For FC, TT, Delta, Warsong or anything.

I just had a fussing today with a squad member while I was helping with pole. A lvl 80x with a nice weapon(2 shard/+5 wheel) but has on lvl 50x and 60x gear and could take not 1 hit from poles lil ice aoe. 1 shot them everytime than the blame game starts.. Anytime you wanna wear lvl 60 gear just cuz of int or chann to a boss like pole we have a problem..
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Barbs are always busy, always called into action. Many good barbs gamma and fc and get high level then they have no interest in it. Maybe you need to nurse your in game relationships to secure reliable barbarians.

Maybe you need to be in a better faction. Barbs are usually team players not solo, and they like to be in team factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Barbs are usually team players not solo, and they like to be in team factions.

Fuzzy often agrees with Man, and +10 to that quote.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Even at 2.86 sins are going to be a big problem for barbs keeping aggro. They either just amp our skills or leave -int alone. Reducing it isn't really solving any problems it will most likely cause more then solve. I can't wait to see the QQing about how difficult things are like snakefist and people not being able to tank (in a squad) certain things because the barb can't keep aggro and those -int classes can't take all that damage anymore. I think on that day I will smile and say told you so.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Even at 2.86 sins are going to be a big problem for barbs keeping aggro. They either just amp our skills or leave -int alone. Reducing it isn't really solving any problems it will most likely cause more then solve. I can't wait to see the QQing about how difficult things are like snakefist and people not being able to tank (in a squad) certain things because the barb can't keep aggro and those -int classes can't take all that damage anymore. I think on that day I will smile and say told you so.

b:shocked I steal aggro from my squads all the time. Last time I was in BH abaddon and warsong I waas 3 sparking and seemed to be critting every 2 to 3 hits. I run my macro after the spark and the average DD was between 42K and 75K 5 times in 12 seconds even though the others were sparking too. Sometimes I get frustrated for underestimating and being just plain ignorant of my Veno's potential and doing that with a squad at equal level to me just amazed me. Well, it kinda freaked me out too.

I statted my veno to be able to use both rank 8 arcane and HH 90 Heavy armors and the mag attack between the 2 is pretty much balanced. I just happened to have the HA on in abbadon. The extra pdef (with me buffed) saved me when I caught the aggro. b:shocked

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Barbs are always busy, always called into action. Many good barbs gamma and fc and get high level then they have no interest in it. Maybe you need to nurse your in game relationships to secure reliable barbarians.

Maybe you need to be in a better faction. Barbs are usually team players not solo, and they like to be in team factions.

almost took this quote seriosly. Then I realized your not a panda barb and i lost all respect b:surrender
  • Barb_nico - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The barb is the first target for accusations of not being able to play their class when a squishy, agro-stealing, ego-maniacle, power-leveler dies.
    totally agree
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I agree with Fuzzy

And yeah why would a barb answer a random world chat?

Even at my lvl I already have a FC squad of friends sorted out which I go with around once a day (we don't really have a barb tho QQ).

Besides the barbs that DO answer the wc's often seem to be the kind of players that can't get a regular FC squad cause they arn't very good at what they do.

I was with a FC squad of friends the other day and the barb didn't know what invoke did AND I AM SERIOUS he didn't even know what it was for! oh yeah and he died from ONE bunch of about 5 mobs. So we booted him and the lvl 90 BM tanked the whole thing (kept aggro from the sins on bosses too) and even did a full pull of the ExP room.

Barbs are hard to find and decent ones are even harder. But when u go with a good one (like I did about 10mins ago) It's great. Me lulz barbies

If you really can't get a barb for FC, then try find a well geared BM instead and then get an extra BM too.
  • Loricus - Harshlands
    Loricus - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    totally agree

+1 here

And, the answer to the guy who started this thread its simple:

Yes man, i see squads every time screaming like 2-3 hrs for a Barb for FC or for BH, we all know that the main reason is Assasins, it is just a fun class to play, because, lets be realistics here, what would u prefer? :

A mega-badass-fast DD-powerfull character who can drop any mob's / boss's / player's HP in like 10 seconds ?

or

A slow-high repairs-pots waster-punching bag-chi maker-class who will get bashed around if the one above dies ?

I like my class, I love having my sage buffs they rock more than anything in game, but sometimes getting killed in less than 4 secs by a Sin makes me almost quit my barb, and yea it happens almost all the time, , and not only that, since we barbs have problems on the coin-making subject and watching on world chat "looking for aps DDs only for Nirvana" (excluding regular barbs) is not much of an encourage to get a Barbarian lvled to 100.
  • Loricus - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options

"So we booted him and the lvl 90 BM tanked the whole thing (kept aggro from the sins on bosses too) and even did a full pull of the ExP room."

Barbs are hard to find and decent ones are even harder. But when u go with a good one (like I did about 10mins ago) It's great. Me lulz barbies

If you really can't get a barb for FC, then try find a well geared BM instead and then get an extra BM too.

Not to be disrespectful to you mate, but those thingies on red, have also helped alot on the Barbarian-lost-population, not saying that its your fault, but when people starts to replace Barbarians for any other class, kinda gives us a heads up of the Future for our class
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ....and if you are having trouble finding a barb to tank Frost for you, the panda does not envy how hard it will be once you want to start running delta. b:shocked

it goes both ways, or every which way really. I know for a fact how hard it can be to get a squad period (much less a good one) for any amount of a delta run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Barb_nico - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    +1 here

And, the answer to the guy who started this thread its simple:

Yes man, i see squads every time screaming like 2-3 hrs for a Barb for FC or for BH, we all know that the main reason is Assasins, it is just a fun class to play, because, lets be realistics here, what would u prefer? :

A mega-badass-fast DD-powerfull character who can drop any mob's / boss's / player's HP in like 10 seconds ?

or

A slow-high repairs-pots waster-punching bag-chi maker-class who will get bashed around if the one above dies ?

I like my class, I love having my sage buffs they rock more than anything in game, but sometimes getting killed in less than 4 secs by a Sin makes me almost quit my barb, and yea it happens almost all the time, , and not only that, since we barbs have problems on the coin-making subject and watching on world chat "looking for aps DDs only for Nirvana" (excluding regular barbs) is not much of an encourage to get a Barbarian lvled to 100.

how are u lori long time no seeb:cute
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I assure you without a barb chances are i am gonna die in most of the high end instances without a barb buff.Barbs are needed in or atleast wanted for nearly every high end instance.

That is the main issue, at lvl100 barb just becomes plain booooring to play. All those wc are wrong : it's not "need barb for intance" but "need hp buff for instance". After buff, barb just put follow on another squad member and take a nap. I loved barb cause it was (and still is till end 90s) the games tanking class, but at 100 I just became a buff goon and 2nd choise tank. Ofc, a barb could go fist. I know a lot who did that with succes, but I don't want to become a furry bm wanabee (with fcc, can have a 100+ bm in no time anyway lol), which will also gimp my barbs hp. Unless you got the funds to massively refine and shard, going fist and get high enough aps to actually tank would make you uncapable of tanking those things they still want barbs for like delta or pulling a cata. In other words, it would be like being a bm. Just my biaised opinion, but a fact is (at least on sanc) : most active barbs are fists now, the others quit/rerolled and just use it for TW/delta from time to time. Ofc there are exceptions, or maybe they are all gone by now ...
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's amusing that non-barbs complain about lack of barbs.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options

You are wrong for one reason.

Most people reroll sins, not barbs... I fathom that only 3 out of 10 players doing FCs now on RT are actually new players. And almost everyone and their mamas have rerolled sins. That should tell you something about barbs... because besides Man (not that he can keep aggro off OP sins)... I don't see any other barbs tanking WBs anymore...

What's the point of rolling a barb to tank a WB/TT/Nirvana or anything else when a sin can do it more effectively?

Would you rather a DPS class or a tank class actually tank?
  • Loricus - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That is the main issue, at lvl100 barb just becomes plain booooring to play. All those wc are wrong : it's not "need barb for intance" but "need hp buff for instance". After buff, barb just put follow on another squad member and take a nap. I loved barb cause it was (and still is till end 90s) the games tanking class, but at 100 I just became a buff goon and 2nd choise tank. Ofc, a barb could go fist. I know a lot who did that with succes, but I don't want to become a furry bm wanabee (with fcc, can have a 100+ bm in no time anyway lol), which will also gimp my barbs hp. Unless you got the funds to massively refine and shard, going fist and get high enough aps to actually tank would make you uncapable of tanking those things they still want barbs for like delta or pulling a cata. In other words, it would be like being a bm. Just my biaised opinion, but a fact is (at least on sanc) : most active barbs are fists now, the others quit/rerolled and just use it for TW/delta from time to time. Ofc there are exceptions, or maybe they are all gone by now ...

sup nico, u still play? b:bye
  • Sekmeth - Raging Tide
    Sekmeth - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You are wrong for one reason.

Most people reroll sins, not barbs... I fathom that only 3 out of 10 players doing FCs now on RT are actually new players. And almost everyone and their mamas have rerolled sins. That should tell you something about barbs... because besides Man (not that he can keep aggro off OP sins)... I don't see any other barbs tanking WBs anymore...

What's the point of rolling a barb to tank a WB/TT/Nirvana or anything else when a sin can do it more effectively?

Would you rather a DPS class or a tank class actually tank?
    Even w/o sins in game (or any other aps class) barbs would still have trouble keeping aggro from all those r9 wiz/psy/archers in game. So it's not like people just like sins more, they just realize barb is kinda broken in end-game.

Also i don't have so much trouble getting a barb in RT, built a friend list from all the FC I've done, and I'm usually the one pm'ed to go to FC. Depends on what class you are really, barbs are usually recruited fast for FC, then cleric and bm (seems cleric is easier to find than BM most of the time), one or 2 sins (though i prefer 1 sin and 1 veno for faster kills) and another aoe dd. So many sins meaning some are bound to be left outside, especially those with mediocre gear or who are known to be slow or **** up.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sup nico, u still play? b:bye

If you mean the game, yes I do, and guess what I did ... I rerolled a sin.
    If you mean barb, not really, besides crafting armor and kill lvl50s bosses for some friends alts I do nothing with my barb anymore.

My sin is lvl98 now, on another account which is probably why you think I don't play anymore. I pretty much abandonned barb once my sin hit 90s and started to tank more then my barb does. Like I said on some other thread, if I knew in advance game would turn like this endgame, I would never have bothered lvling my barb and just have gone bm (cause there were no sins at that time) right away...
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That's why most Barbs they still love to play Barbs, just start investing into a claw/fist build.

Personally as a claw Barb, I got my role of tanking back.....

However I understand that is not the point, the main point is that Barbs should always be able to hold aggro from any sort of condition.

From what I see on HT, most Barbs either:

A) Make an APS alt for farming, usually a BM.

B) Go claw/fist themselves.

Is it right for a Barb to go claw? It's straying from their original intent, but at the same time, you get it back.

Anyways, at 100+, any class can "practically" tank....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Even w/o sins in game (or any other aps class) barbs would still have trouble keeping aggro from all those r9 wiz/psy/archers in game. So it's not like people just like sins more, they just realize barb is kinda broken in end-game.

Also i don't have so much trouble getting a barb in RT, built a friend list from all the FC I've done, and I'm usually the one pm'ed to go to FC. Depends on what class you are really, barbs are usually recruited fast for FC, then cleric and bm (seems cleric is easier to find than BM most of the time), one or 2 sins (though i prefer 1 sin and 1 veno for faster kills) and another aoe dd. So many sins meaning some are bound to be left outside, especially those with mediocre gear or who are known to be slow or **** up.

You're a bit off there. Barbs are/can be an aps class. Quite a few barbs have 5aps on RT.

Fuzzy implied barbs aren't broken or there's nothing wrong with them... I am pointing out that there is. They don't control aggro well against aps toons, and being meatshields are what they're supposed to be.

About the only reason for a barb in FC is to do pulls, not tank the bosses... a lot of other profs can tank those bosses... (assuming the people behind the screen aren't lazy newbies... which a lot on RT seem to be now when it comes to FC...) and when I was leveling to 99, I often did teams without barbs... because post 90+, non-gimp BMs can do pulls and are more efficient in FC than barbs are...

p.s. r9 archer < aps archer in pve (bow does less dmg than 5aps fists/claws)... and there's few r9 archers.. there's no r9 Wizard that I know of on RT...