Barbs Barbs Barbs

Options
1235»

Comments

• Sethvir - Heavens Tear
    Sethvir - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    For me personally, I gave up on my barb because of several reasons. First is the abuse you have to sometimes tolerate, and when not abuse, just general noobishness from oracle babies with no concept of agro. I got that almost as much on cleric, so tbh I don't FF/BH/TT or anything with anyone outside faction anymore to avoid the frustration.

Second is cost. And I don't mean repair bills. I mean, cost of getting into TT90 gear (especially now that my only option to get GBA's is to buy them), getting decent weps and orns, only to have, post 90, less and less use except in FF. Or as a buff machine or a puller. My barb was a vit-build axe barb, and therefore unwanted (thus why I am now levelling a BM instead). That's a lot of time, money and frustation to invest in a mobile buff machine.

Finally, and most importantly imo, is that I built my barb as a vit build, because I want to be a tank. I've never, EVER been one of those greedy tanks who says "gimme these drops or I'm not tanking" - I feel nothing but disgust for those money-hungry wastes of pixels. I tank because it's what I like to do, and accept that the repair bill is part and parcel of enjoying my chosen class. However, now I am not a tank. I don't get to tank, I get to pull and buff. That's not what I made my toon to do, and thus why my toon is no longer played. And thus why I am levelling a BM, because I want to tank again.

In conclusion, I reckon there are alot less barbs around now, because of the above reasons. There were always less barbs than any other class, but now it's so much more apparent because barbs either stick within faction, or have rolled another toon, like I have and like many other barbs I know have done.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This Barbie does do pick-up squads - its a mixed bag.

I've never really been 'abused' - if I make a mistake, I own up to it.

The only time I really blinked twice at my repair bill is Delta with a low DD squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Too bad. Barbs are cool.

For some reason I have this barb brambling fetish. One comes near me I bramble the hell out of them.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Too bad. Barbs are cool.

For some reason I have this barb brambling fetish. One comes near me I bramble the hell out of them.

LOL but I think you are not the only Veno doing that b:laugh
    I get always Brambled by Venos when I see them xD

And thanks for "Barbs are cool." b:kiss
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    b:cool Barb are cool
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • resast
    resast Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    chrging if its not ur guild i understand. i mean hv u hd the repair bills after tanking for a fc. rediculous
  • Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'd rather prefer barbs as tanks over any class.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I see this is going to be a discussion between the 5aps people and spellcasters/non-5aps b:thanks

5aps say: "We dont need a Barb to tank. Squads without Barbs are faster cause we are all 5aps and Bloodsuck to hell so why need a Barb any longer!!!

Spellcasters say: "Sure we need a Barb to tank. They have a strong defense and a lot of HP. They also protect us from taking aggro and death!

So this is what I see often in this forum and in-game :/
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I dont mind anyone else tanking over a barb, as long as they know how to and dont die.
    And if they do, dont blame everyone else or the cleric when your it's either a collab of multiple things.

I myself regularly tank things, may it be mini bosses or bosses in an FB, but thats because their either ranged magic or me and my husband KNOW his heals, my defence + Damage output is enough to not endanger someone else.
    either that or i let the herc tank.

But i do like having the savety in knowing that IF i or someone else pulls aggro a barb can easily roar or sunder it back. where as a different class would have to out-dd you again to get aggro back.
    not always failsave...

but then again, it keeps the game interesting.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Could you make us useful apart from cata pulling and buffing? Like i remember when i was really needed to lvl you guys up during your Bh's your fbs and of course your fc's, But now i feel alittle neglected :/
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    a tip for you:

take a good bm or veno, they can replace barbs easily.

I usually get rejected as veno cuz newbies think only barbs can do the pulling.
    But the ones i have squad with know better.

Its very simple if you have atleast little experience.

If only more BMs would know how to play this game at 80+...........
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009