rank9=end of tw

Options
Nyxya - Harshlands
Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
crimson had 2 wars attack/defense with zulus and were about 20 min each... first encounter i see team window wiped out ...4 ppl die in 1 hit...

we got some rank9 also but zulus have more and in a very fast end we lose...

i remember some years ago when rank 8 were 1-2 ppl on server and wars lasted longer and was more fun but now with so much dmg output really... will it be any tw longer then a smoke?

make me curios if this is same feeling on other servers maybe...to me seems kind of game is broke second time after sins broke pvp kind of..
Post edited by Nyxya - Harshlands on

Comments

• threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What does this come under in Google Translate?
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well let me tell you that Pwi has been ruined since boutique provides OP items to players. this is a consequence. Several Months ago i stopped playing, why ? because why keep in a game who doesnt provides fun to me, why keep wasting money in being OP player in an average game... Just an advise, if you don't like Pwi taste try others. There are several games funnier than this thing... It is the best option i can offer. Let's be honest, Dev's won't hear our prays...
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Rank 9 is an uncommon sight now.

HT's end-gamers have quite a few ppl that are sporting rank 9 armor and weapons. Given the sale, I already know some have stored rank 8, possibly even rank 9, for the new classes coming in Feb.

As for TW, its dull...but most still try to have fun with it. If that wasn't the case, no one would have still been bidding and such after the sale.

On HT, TW in terms of 1v1 is dead. The 1st and 2nd top TW faction fights last only 30 mins now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    To put it simply; R9 barbs + High HP + Arma = Wiped out base.

TW on HT is very uneventful cause of that **** :/
    Though it's still fun, even if we only get our faces bashed in cause of all the DD flying around from archers, mages, psy's, clerics, and venos.
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I am leader of Kindrid on the Dreamweaver server, and this entire post is exactly why we have no interest in fighting the Main TW factions.

We're strong on our own, yeah, but the top 3 factions with the main heavy cashers in it are out of our league, but mostly out of our interest. Those TW's bore the *** out of me. (pardon my french).

Its nothing more then a one shot fest, and aps grind. yay for OP mass pk. *yawns*

We focus on fighting and getting attacked by the somewhat smaller factions of the server.

If we are overpowerd compared 2 the attacking team, or defending, we hold back, take the time 2 train on our own end, do 1v1's. Instead of rushing in and trying 2 destroy a crystal in less then 10 mins.

So that is to all faction leaders of smaller factions on Dreamweaver, come attack us, we don't do rush killing.

We are there, 2 have some FUN. Wierd concept for some I know.

For those that only want 2 kill fast, because FUN they can't seem 2 comprehend, you might wanna get your ego's checked.

kthnxbai.
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • Sekmeth - Raging Tide
    Sekmeth - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sorry but this "rant" has no basis :) Even in older versions of pw where no one had rank 8 (yes there were pw severs before pwi that didn/'t even had packs, imagine that, wont name name them cause it's not allowed) and still one faction dominated the tw map. So really instead of blaming the game why not try to find solutions to topple the kings :P

Sins are OP, but they aren't invincible and rank9 is not hard to get w/o spending real money. Just don't expect to power level to 101 and have enough money left for rank9 straight away, takes a bit of work but doable.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Anyone on sanctuary will remember nefarious owning every singlee land (if even for a half day) and today they own one land. People got bored being in the top faction (also I believe the leader/member rapport was going sour at a time.) And moved to other factions, and now threre are 6? Factions on the map. Just keep fighting, stop being sooks over a loss, triple team week after week till you gwt a win and try to start enjoying tw again. It's not gonna get better by doing nothing about It.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sins are OP, but they aren't invincible and rank9 is not hard to get w/o spending real money. Just don't expect to power level to 101 and have enough money left for rank9 straight away, takes a bit of work but doable.

I wonder how you got the mysterious chips and the ingame coin to aquire all the General summer's tokens 2 get Rank 9 without charging.

Cause all the regular markets are broken. I make my money bit by bit, or dyes, depending on what the market needs at that moment, mechanting. But getting 500 Mil gamecoin, (Random, haven't calculated it for full rank 9 yet), 2 get my rank 9?? Doubtfull you can get that together without charging zen.

But feel free to enlighten me.
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

• Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sorry but this "rant" has no basis :)Even in older versions of pw where no one had rank 8 (yes there were pw severs before pwi that didn/'t even had packs, imagine that, wont name name them cause it's not allowed) and still one faction dominated the tw map. So really instead of blaming the game why not try to find solutions to topple the kings :P

I'm willing to venture a conclusion; that if no one has figured out how to topple the total map conquest scenario given past and present conditions across all conceivable servers, and if those efforts are evidenced across all of our local servers...

The lesser factions are all screwed stupid and can't figure it out after all this time.

But, I'd rather blame the game (and devs).

Yeah, try getting it before the rep sale, sunshine.

Nevermind, go farm the mats to make a Neon Purgatory and don't touch a pack ever again.
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wonder how you got the mysterious chips and the ingame coin to aquire all the General summer's tokens 2 get Rank 9 without charging.

Cause all the regular markets are broken. I make my money bit by bit, or dyes, depending on what the market needs at that moment, mechanting. But getting 500 Mil gamecoin, (Random, haven't calculated it for full rank 9 yet), 2 get my rank 9?? Doubtfull you can get that together without charging zen.

But feel free to enlighten me.

I started with 90mil and got to 500mil within 3 weeks. It is possible if you work for it and stop 5 min from QQing about r9 to think of the best way to make that money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I started with 90mil and got to 500mil within 3 weeks. It is possible if you work for it and stop 5 min from QQing about r9 to think of the best way to make that money.

I never QQ-ed about Rank 9 so don't imply that i have.

Secondly congratz to such a feat. Now how you expect people 2 get that without a rep sale?

How do you think people can yield enough gamecoin? Just curious in how you managed 2 make that 90 Mil to 500 Mil, without using RL money.

Did you buy gold low, sell high? Buy Rep badges @ good price, resell after sale? These are the things i did, whoever, i got nowhere near that mark, due 2 overstock on the market, and prices being 2 low for major ROI.

So please, again, enlighten me.

• Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ignore Nyxya he forgets that the majority of the reason for their losses in TW isnt gear, its experience as a guild they have never successfully fought another decent sized guild since their reformation after being wiped off the map early in harshlands history. Because of this lack of experience they are currently having troubles actually fielding an effective TW force.

Where as the guild that beat them has fought larger or equal strength guilds almost since its inception and thus has alot more TW experience in the larger wars and thus better coordination and strategies.

Trust me the wars didnt last long but there was alot of points they could improve upon, target calling was poor from their end only 1 of our cata barbs died (and none of our catas have more than 25k hp tiger which vs a rank9 mage shouldnt last long).

BTW as a Cata squad BM I died more than 20 times in 13 minutes which while initially seems pretty impressive as TW players you should be able to know that there is only 1 way this can happen and this is the major weakness of their defence. I shouldnt have died more than 6 times if they were defending in an effective manner.

He also shouldnt complain about sins in pvp considering he currently has a 102 sin he rolled for pvp himself lol.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    More successful guilds attract more players, and can keep the stronger players.

There really does need to be some system allowing smaller guilds to practice TW though - you're right that co-ordination is vital; but there's currently no way to gain it!
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sin are op.period
    fact that i own a sin 102 that give lots of headache to zulu don't stop me admit thatb:laugh

is ironical that rank 9 bow has shatter but i never see it to work on me since i got 1 hit most of the times lol....

what i am saying is that the desire for cash made a category of ppl way to OP- aka rank9+!2 ... so rest of ppl who don't cashop or got lot of time to farm so much coin ...find them self totally useless again rank9

i am just saying that the gap between normal players and "anormal" players is just to big

crimson has place to improve and will improve but i am not talking about that or rant i am just sharing an impression ... zulu don't impress me much i killed them ever since KD let them get tides... and i will kill them until i quit game lol..as a matter a fact if i am not nr 1 killer of zulus i sure am in top 5b:laughb:chuckle
    edited January 2011
    Options

Secondly congratz to such a feat. Now how you expect people 2 get that without a rep sale?

How do you think people can yield enough gamecoin? Just curious in how you managed 2 make that 90 Mil to 500 Mil, without using RL money.

Did you buy gold low, sell high? Buy Rep badges @ good price, resell after sale? These are the things i did, whoever, i got nowhere near that mark, due 2 overstock on the market, and prices being 2 low for major ROI.

I didnt buy even 1 rep badge beside the 165k rep i needed for r8. I never charged 1 cent in 2 years since i play. Yes im buying and reselling gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I didnt buy even 1 rep badge beside the 165k rep i needed for r8. I never charged 1 cent in 2 years since i play. Yes im buying and reselling gold.

That's what I used 2 do as well. Problem is the market on the Dreamweaver server has stabilized on Gold.

I mean this as in the flux between top and bottom is only between sales and its minimal.

Gold is currently around 800K. During Sales it jumps up to about 1 Mil. That's it, it stays stable. It doesn;t flux as much, so there is no low high currently that we can feed off as merchants, or exchange merchants more like.

So perhaps you can do this on your server, but in Dreamweaver making 90 Mil game coin go to 500 MIl with a semi-stabilized market, is a feat that's nearly impossible during sales.

• Sekmeth - Raging Tide
    Sekmeth - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Yeah, try getting it before the rep sale, sunshine.

Nevermind, go farm the mats to make a Neon Purgatory and don't touch a pack ever again.

Before the rep sale rank9 wasn't put much into discussion :) So you're argument doesn't really stand :)

I grind all my equipment so far, including Deicides. Not not stupid enough to farm lunar, hard to even find team for that, but you can get good gear in game too, that is what i meant :) All this excuse about "i'm too poor to get good items" is just lazy people wanting same power as people who actually can play the game or can pay real money to substitute hours of grinding. Be happy pack items are much cheaper than it would have been to get them in game (like Neon Purgatory you mentioned).

If you're smart you can get a r9 set cheaper than a recast nirvana during rep/chip sale. Just have to wait for next one. If you're dumb enough to buy medals 20 gold and tokens with chips from tokens of luck, then it's your problem.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That's what I used 2 do as well. Problem is the market on the Dreamweaver server has stabilized on Gold.

I mean this as in the flux between top and bottom is only between sales and its minimal.

Gold is currently around 800K. During Sales it jumps up to about 1 Mil. That's it, it stays stable. It doesn;t flux as much, so there is no low high currently that we can feed off as merchants, or exchange merchants more like.

So perhaps you can do this on your server, but in Dreamweaver making 90 Mil game coin go to 500 MIl with a semi-stabilized market, is a feat that's nearly impossible during sales.

The economical situation is the same on HT too, and i believe on all the srvs is the same. Gold varies between 782-800 buying price in ah and 790-830k selling price right now.
    Gold was around 930-950k during rep badges salea and 860-900k next week before annivs were out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The economical situation is the same on HT too, and i believe on all the srvs is the same. Gold varies between 782-800 buying price in ah and 790-830k selling price right now.
    Gold was around 930-950k during rep badges salea and 860-900k next week before annivs were out.

There you go, same thing.

So in order to succesfully make use of these fluxxes you need a constant eye on the market prices.

There's the problem for most, they have work, i myself work 10-11 hour minimal a day, except weekends, so in order 2 do that much ROI within a week, is almost impossible because i can;t monitor constantly.

So it IS possible, but only if you can spend more then 10 hours a day playing the game.

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

I farmed enuf raps during 2x with my wife alone to make ~ 200m+.. in a week and I think the day that they extended it. There are quite a few farm nuts out there. Also consider the price of flipping tokens, or the re-sell value of d.orbs after the sale. Tons of profit. Orbs were 120-135k during sale, now 190-220K on HT. That's 70-85k profit per orb, so if you invested like even a meager 100 of them you made a clean 7-8.5m profit, and d.orbs go fast. This is one example, as I won't detail to everyone how to make coin as that's the reason there's so little profit margin with packs nowadays.

All it takes is paying attention and some patience, and people tend to spend money as soon as they get it to satisfy their immediate economic "want" ("wants" being elastic and great things to profit from) instead of investing to be able to gain that and much more later on.
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I farmed enuf raps during 2x with my wife alone to make ~ 200m+.. in a week and I think the day that they extended it. There are quite a few farm nuts out there. Also consider the price of flipping tokens, or the re-sell value of d.orbs after the sale. Tons of profit. Orbs were 120-135k during sale, now 190-220K on HT. That's 70-85k profit per orb, so if you invested like even a meager 100 of them you made a clean 7-8.5m profit, and d.orbs go fast. This is one example, as I won't detail to everyone how to make coin as that's the reason there's so little profit margin with packs nowadays.

All it takes is paying attention and some patience, and people tend to spend money as soon as they get it to satisfy their immediate economic "want" ("wants" being elastic and great things to profit from) instead of investing to be able to gain that and much more later on.

You spammed nirvy, gratz, I got a faction 2 run as well, so i don;t have the time 2 spam instances. I gotta be smart on the market.

Like no catshops where near TB area, i set up the only stall buying uncannies and reps at 2 low price, sell high.

But in the current market the options are just to limited. See you and i and all 100's can do Nirvana, which yields good money.

But what about the lvl 80's? There is nothing for them 2 make money off anymore. PWE deliberatly destroyed all those markets. Dyes are a good money maker when new fashions come out. But the profit is always fairly limited, because 2 many do it, so prices drop, due to overstocking. TT mats? There is no demand for them, so no need 2 farm TT, except for TT that yields GBA, but that's again near-end. I don;t see a group of 80's do it that fast.

D.Orbs sales, means buying them first, without RL cash, means buying them from catshops during sale and waiting, but even after sale, there are still 2 many people selling them. The market opportunities are limited, and the offer is large.

Result, low prices, high costs. So getting a decent margin on your goods, is hard, but doable if you save up for sales, stock up, then resell after.

Thats what i do, and it keeps my wallet filled indeed, but for the lower lvl's its really hard 2 keep that level up.

But indeed patience is a virtue, and it seems 2 have died with most, but that's due 2 the community that PWE created with their sales and game mechanic changes. Only a natural "mutation" that we old players all saw coming. (So did PWE ofc).

So what I am saying is, at high levels its possible, but slow. Mid levels,. their basically left out.

And the market systems that you make use of, once again, means a very high gaming activity, in order 2 monitor the market and the prices constantly, by running through archo once every 2 hours and check fluxes, or during sale every hour-ish. In order 2 get the goods cheap and go along with the flow, in a smart way.

For some people such an time investment in this game is simply not possible, due to RL obligations. Or ingame obligations (like running a faction)

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

So in order to succesfully make use of these fluxxes you need a constant eye on the market prices.

I believe you are right: that kind of attention to detail should help a lot. And, no matter what you market, if you want to make your best profit on it, you need to understand your market. But, with gold trading, you can have a few hundred golds stocked up for eventual sales (and you know that there will eventually be some sales that interest you).

And if you did not have enough gold on hand to take advantage of the general summer sale, you could still have bought some of the needed mats after the sale starts, or even after it has ended. Your prices will be higher, but you would have had extra liquidity ahead of time, so its not a complete loss.

You can even, hypothetically speaking, depending on your situation, do a mix of in-game marketing and zen purchases. Nothing says you have to use only one mechanism.

That said, I am going to go get my hobby horse out, again: Their lack of debugging support, for the pervasive rubberbanding, shows that they have not had much of a priority on making this game fun for new players. But I hope this changes, I really do.
    edited January 2011
    Options

There's the problem for most, they have work, i myself work 10-11 hour minimal a day, except weekends, so in order 2 do that much ROI within a week, is almost impossible because i can;t monitor constantly.

So it IS possible, but only if you can spend more then 10 hours a day playing the game.

assuming w/o trying is ur major mistake. No, it is necessary like 2-3 hours/ day to buy gold and overnight shop to sell it. Thats the beauty of merchanting, you dont even have to be at the pc to make money. Beside that there are so many stuff u can buy for cheap over random WCs and resell them later ... like bravery badges i bought for 750k-2.5mil and sold them for 5mil within few hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    huum we have 3h TWs between Regen and EQ
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    assuming w/o trying is ur major mistake. Ow i triedNo, it is necessary like 2-3 hours/ day to buy gold and overnight shop to sell it Thus i require a secondary PC or Laptop that has 2 stay runnning in Catshop mode overnight in order to do so. Thats the beauty of merchanting, you dont even have to be at the pc to make money This one i don't get, how are you aware of market changes without being able 2 see the market changes?..bit questionable statement, perhaps i understand wrong.. Beside that there are so many stuff u can buy for cheap over random WCs and resell them later ... like bravery badges i bought for 750k-2.5mil and sold them for 5mil within few hours. Not on Dreamweaver, prices are mostly around the same price during peak hours of server time, thus i would require 2 be online many hours 2 see the deals rush by.

I stated the answer in Orange.

There are 3 factors i would like to add here.

1: Please do not make assumptions like your assuming w/o trying remark, without proof. There is no need for that, and quite frank, a little childish.

2: We do play different servers, thus different markets and players.

3: Perhaps your awesome at merchanting, but not all of us are. So in this case, you could say, you might simply be better at merchanting then I am.

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Don't wanna be all mod-like and stuff but....

...let's get back to talking about TW.

....or burn.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Merchanting is really a whole differnet topic.

But some things really ARE obvious about it, and you CAN get started bgy buying gold in the AH.

Dragon orbs and token packs - heck, even the dyes that were on sale. Buy when they're on sale cheap for a week or a month, sell later when they're pricey.

Some things, yeah, you have to get lucky. Snatch a skillbook out of the AH whilst it's cheap, sell it a bit later at a higher price.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Isn't 3 hour tw's a sign of weapons being too overpowered?

Here should be the main point.

Rank 9 gear is head over heals better than anything else in the game, the 700$ weapon is better than warsoul.

It is far better than nirvana, and puts tt99 to shame. With the Weapon add ons, and set bonus. I suspect the new expansion gear to not be as good as rank 9 either, simply with how overpowered it already is.

Rank 9 is only buyable, not farmable. LIke it was said, if they wanted rank to be more accessible they should have made it possible with in game means. Like adding more rep drops, increasing rep for one man armies etc. instead of making it cs only.

Rank 9 is too overpowered everyone can agree, made the old gear very outdated.

Last thing to say bramble helps slow down sins in tw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Getting Rank 9 is not always about TW... or PVP.

I am slowly working towards Rank 9 because I am PVE and want to be able to better tank bosses w/o the assistance of Clerics and Barbs, because let's face it - they are rare and very hard to find when you need.

FB's, BH's the small ones need to help them level, Culti Bosses, and then even in some TT's the bosses have been tweaked. I for one, am not 'all about me' - I try to use the advantages I can purchase through CS to help others that cannot... and I help my Legion members specficially for the purpose of making my legion stronger..

I think that when it is known the other fraction you are TW'ing has a Rank 9, it should then become part of your strategy on how to distract them and target their weaknesses. Sure, they hit hard but at the same time, I do not believe anyone is immune to being killed in TW, if it is planned out. Odds are this player will target your crystal, work w/o a Cleric and possibly w/o a team. Odds are they will rambo in... and you just have to prepare for this scenario.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Don't wanna be all mod-like and stuff but....

...let's get back to talking about TW.

....or burn.b:angry

yah soz, got carried away b:chuckle

Ty for correcting me..b:surrender