Save the Venomancer Class

Comments

• Zzoey - Lost City
    Zzoey - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:shutup if venos could be replaced so easly they wouldnt be venos
    Come one, mystics can have pets, but we venos at last can still tame what pet we wish, not to say about our debuffs, reflecting skills, and the ability of being sexy no matter what XD b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    To Kill is fun
    To Love is sweet
    To Lough is nice
    But to be evil and sexy in same time ultra handsomeb:coolb
    BE EVIL TODAY, BE LIKE ME
  • Sesusixo - Raging Tide
    Sesusixo - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Venos have the best pve potential overall!

80 veno 80 GW.
    With only a weapon equipped, i can solo lvl49 culti bosses.
    No armor/ornaments/charm/potion/repair bill.
    and i'm 'fail' xD

tho, it leaves me wanting in pvp.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    There only 1 way to fix this!

Make 5 aps venob:victory u be wanted in all squads

On a more serious note there actually is a 5 aps veno on sanc. A badass one at that.b:shocked
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:surrender I agree with Queen.. come on, the Mystics getting pets? Venos were unique in the fact that they were the ONLY CLASS that had battle pets to aid them. And now, we get the mystic - AKA a cleric+veno+wizard mash. Come on pwi... at least give the other classes updates befoe gallivanting off and creating new versions of old races.

mystics don't get pets,they summon def,atk etc pets for a temorary time, ,,so those pets'' are spells .that won't ever replace those who venos use,so i think the veno is still unique because we can have our pets as long as we want,learn them new skills,heal them etc....
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    True, although we're gonna need to wait to see how powerfull these summons are. I mean, like when you go the FC or BH or whatever the bosses dont take that long at higher lvl to take down anyways.. No need for longlasting venopets maybe. Idk, not that worried yet, just worried they might forget doing an update for us veno's like a battlepack sale.
    IF these summons beat somehow to damage our pets do then we'll have areason to be worried and especially when your a non-herced veno. I think. Lets hope these summons arent that big of a deal after all.
    And get that sale going plz sweet gm's b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Do something in the next patch for the veno ...i dont know wat...but do something...else once the mystic arrives u might as well delete the Veno class data b:cry . Already none of the new players (who use cash etc) choose veno its become weak and useless......I heard abt physical immune bosses being added in instances...that might help....and a new battle pet....common u will make a LOT of money with a new battle pet...Nix and Herc are outdated now :/ .......

venos aren't gonna be destroyed, why is everyone still whining about this, the new classes aren't gonna destroy anything or be overpowered. can everyone quit whining already? if ya don't like teh new classes, start forming a stratigy to kill them in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    mystics don't get pets,they summon def,atk etc pets for a temorary time, ,,so those pets'' are spells .that won't ever replace those who venos use,so i think the veno is still unique because we can have our pets as long as we want,learn them new skills,heal them etc....

what she said, and thank you fer saying it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Nanofate - Harshlands
    Nanofate - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010

actually your quite wrong. Mystics do get Perm Pets and they also get to summon a temp pet while having the perm pet out. The summon pets do not require loyality or to be fed. It shows in the PW CN that Mystic Summons are Perm and Temp
  • sixtee
    sixtee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't think that venos will get replaced, still venos can turn to fox but mystic can't and is it just me or is the mystic's channeling time longer, from the way I see it PWE has ran out of ideas...
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    it's my understanding that the summons of mystics may be using a mp drain on the caster therefore i can hardly call any summon "permanent"

EDIT* oh that's not counting mp charm BTW. but still i doubt even without the mp drainthe devs would give them pets they can have out for as long as they want>_>
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    it's my understanding that the summons of mystics may be using a mp drain on the caster therefore i can hardly call any summon "permanent"

EDIT* oh that's not counting mp charm BTW. but still i doubt even without the mp drainthe devs would give them pets they can have out for as long as they want>_>

true as i heard the sumoned pet eats mystic's mp so it will be no longer a permanent pet after the all mp is burnedb:laugh
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • malagaredonforum
    malagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    true as i heard the sumoned pet eats mystic's mp so it will be no longer a permanent pet after the all mp is burnedb:laugh

From what I've seen on youtube the tank summon doesn't consume mp just by existing. I guess the mana transfered is for the summon's skills (like aggro and stuff). So the summon can exist permanently if it uses normal attacks only. I may be wrong though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't think that venos will be really useless, but this is true:
    Veno Pets are Not getting upgraded But the Gears of all other players are getiing upgraded...
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i didn't know youtube had vid of the mystics lol. just saw them in action and i can see a QQ thread in the future with venos crying about why their hurcs can't use clouds to fly like the mystic's land based summons waaaaaa.

back on topic tho. doesn't it say in the expansion site that the summons are temporary anyways?
  • malagaredonforum
    malagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i didn't know youtube had vid of the mystics lol. just saw them in action and i can see a QQ thread in the future with venos crying about why their hurcs can't use clouds to fly like the mystic's land based summons waaaaaa.

back on topic tho. doesn't it say in the expansion site that the summons are temporary anyways?

I think the plant-traps are temporary summons. You can summon them while having your main "pet" out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUVMDJC7_4 Here's the video.

As you can see in the period following the summon the demon doesnt dissapear over time and the caster's mana replenishes over time. So it's safe to assume its permanent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you watch the video you will see that the pet doesnt need mp to keep being summoned but it consumes mana when it attacks the mobs and it looks like the mystic isnt able to use normal skills while the pet is attacking ( may be missleading because the mobs are 1hit from pet and from mystic normal casts) .

@Queenofpower: a lil addon to your point 4) sky high pet costs --> wear any tome and you wont have to feed your pets anymore

greetz harm0wnie
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The venos could crawl in a well and.............we need to save the barbs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Meh many classes have similarities with eachother. The veno class isnt dying i still know people who choose wizzy over psychic etc *shrugs* peopel need to chill out. and in any case i dont think venos need any more advantages i think its nice another class is gonna be able to use pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear
    Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Its really sad to see the Veno (and Healer/Barb) classes experience the same consequences that Archers/BM's/Wizzies have had to endure as a result of more powerful replacement classes such as Assassins and Psychics being released. Speaking from purely an archer's perspective, although I do feel more competition from sins in gaining squads, I have embraced my character's unique abilities, as well as, have adapted to the new squad scenarios (particularly equiping both bows and claws, as and when needed). Hopefully, once the dust settles with the release of Seekers and Mystics, I hope the Veno (and Healer/Barb) classes can still capitalize on their uniqueness in regards to squads/pvp/TW/etc.

Only time will tell...

Gryphyyn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Karma | ex-GoldDigrz | ex-xWaRx | ex-Reunited | ex-Tao
    Gryphyyn (10x Archer) | Tyyphoon (10x Assassin) | Ryyft (8x Seeker)

Fearless. | karmapwi.com
  • Nanofate - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    I think the plant-traps are temporary summons. You can summon them while having your main "pet" out.

As you can see in the period following the summon the demon doesn't disappear over time and the caster's mana replenishes over time. So it's safe to assume its permanent.
    This is Correct the Mystic Summons don't drain the casters mana as long as they are out they are not temporary, but perm. Also The Summons have mana of there own and use it to use special skills like bash and bleed(no they don't have bash and bleed). they have temporary plant summons that they can have out that last for 1 min while the main is tanking. In response to save the Venomancers we will not be replaced by the mystics. We Use much less mana then they do and mystics summons don't compare to Herc and nix. Mystics Drain through mana like there is no tomorrow. Mystics will need to be Mp charmed like clerics, but worse.
  • Chaos_Hobo - Dreamweaver
    Chaos_Hobo - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011

As you can see in the period following the summon the demon doesnt dissapear over time and the caster's mana replenishes over time. So it's safe to assume its permanent.

Watching the video, there is a purple bar that goes down when the pet is attacking. Is that HP? in which case the pet was getting hit incredibly hard every time it attacks. If it's mana or something, that means Mystic pet skills eventually run out so they wouldnt be able to tank because they'd lose aggro. It only went down when they were attacking things, so maybe it's some kind of limited use pet? Like after the bar goes away, you have to resummon. I dunno, maybe someone has more info on that purple bar?
  • Nanofate - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Watching the video, there is a purple bar that goes down when the pet is attacking. Is that HP? in which case the pet was getting hit incredibly hard every time it attacks. If it's mana or something, that means Mystic pet skills eventually run out so they wouldnt be able to tank because they'd lose aggro. It only went down when they were attacking things, so maybe it's some kind of limited use pet? Like after the bar goes away, you have to resummon. I dunno, maybe someone has more info on that purple bar?

Purple Bar is the Pets MP not HP. It is not a limited summon pet even if you resummon its mana will be 0. you either have to wait until it regains all its mana or feed it your own mana so it can use its skills. No they an keep aggro even when there mana is gone. the tanking pet does enough dps to hold aggro against your casting, and you will most likely be to busy healing it. like veno you can choose if the pets auto uses a skill or manually. to answer your question in summarized form. Purple=MP,No MP=Still able to hold aggro and tank,Summons=Perm. Plant Summons=Temp
  • therealhisssna
    therealhisssna Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    dont you wish they had a melee class that could summon?
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    dont you wish they had a melee class that could summon?

make a veno lvl high enough get fox form use fox form summon pet and start doing your thingb:chuckle
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • zerocoolro
    zerocoolro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Meh many classes have similarities with eachother. The veno class isnt dying i still know people who choose wizzy over psychic etc *shrugs* peopel need to chill out. and in any case i dont think venos need any more advantages i think its nice another class is gonna be able to use pets.

It is not nice when 3 classes is put in only 1
  • JRRigoz - Dreamweaver
    JRRigoz - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why is this the end of the world? This is a BLESSING.

Venos now have more healers available for their pets and the additional trap summons to help boost stats.

Clerics should be BEGGING for mystics. A self-rez? Granted is has to be cast beforehand but this would ELIMINATE any reason for a cleric to have to QQ about guardian scrolls and town teleing after a wipe.

SERIOUSLY people...Instead of nitpicking at every new thing...Think of the positives!!
  • Lauxly - Archosaur
    Lauxly - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wizards didnt ask to be deleted after psychics.

You can still oneshot me with your flesh ream skill really easily, venos dont need any new pet.

hey ****ing moron you have 500 pdef or what?
    mages are better than psychics, you have anti bleed genie skill, and you fail horrible if u die by just bleed.

even my granny on her 6x wizard survives my lvl 100 bleed.
  • Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear
    Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It would be bad *** if the Venomancers pet could receive all the buffs that the normal person can f.e Aura of the golden bell, Barb HP buff etc.
    And being able to get all heals possible in this game f.e clerics IH,BB,wizards heal etc.
    Just sayin'.
  • Dimitrik - Dreamweaver
    Dimitrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This is so ridiculous.

I'm usually a lot nicer on the forums, but come on. "Boohoo, new class gets pets." Big friggin' deal. One aspect an entire class does not make. Granted, pets are venomancers' big deal, but they also do a lot more, and a lot more with said pets. So, wow, you actually have to share a game feature with another class at a more hindered degree. Spoiled. Rotten.

And this noise about, "Wahh, we solo junk but it takes so looong QQ." Good God, are you serious? You're going to say that, because it takes you a long time, that makes it fair to others who can't? Is it better to not be able to do it at all, or to take a long time doing it?

What this seems to stem from is a bunch of people riding on the venomancer fame of "I don't even need a squad," and feeling their high pedestal threatened by a new class. It's a different flavor, people. It's not replacing anything. Clerics will always be the best at healing, barbarians will always be the best at tanking, and venomancers will always be the best at feeling entitled.