Share your techniques/Venos are NOT useless!!!

Comments

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm sick of seeing lazymancers, fail players, people killing this class...

Turning into Fox Form for Amplify Damage at the beginning of every boss fight....

Not to mention Sage Soul Degeneration to take 20% Off max HP of bosses with the 1st hit and then amp. Makes a huge difference on bosses with 5 mil HP to take a mil and not even take aggro from it.

b:laugh
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh yes! There's a trick I always use and forgot to say!
    My Veno has over 8k mana... Drop down to fox form I go down to 6k

Throw human myriad before you go fox. Fox reduces your max mana, so anything above 80% is just gonna be wasted. So throw it at myriad. You might get lucky.

Once you're below 80% mana, fox/amp/defox is only 400 mana or so. And whilst you're fox you could use consume-spirit to regain some, even.
    Okay.. goes on TT... watched a Sin Or BM lure with a freakin Zeal.. and Sploot.. they are dead.. Yells at veno for not lureing. Or.. here's a good one.. watching a Veno with a Kowlin.. use a Zeal to lure and getting herself killed. Why Yell for a Veno to lure.. if your just gona get yourself killed trying to lure it yourself anyways?

That is funny. But it has to be said that genie luring is, in many places, faster. So yes - I mostly save the real lures for things like 79 and 89 bosses nowadays.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    i do agree veno dont need a herc to tank, but if you spend 75kk for a modifiel pet, why dont you just buy a herc when it need around 15kk more (around)

Kitty is much prettier than the herc and can be built over time (allowing the veno to get use out of it in the meantime) as one raises the funds to buy rare skills instead of making a huge initial investment up front.

It's also a unique pet that reflects on the dedication and personality of the veno too.

• Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    Should I go around rewording things you say to discredit you? Troll

Why when you are so adept at discrediting yourself starting with the namecalling.

• Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Theres something I noticed here, Everyone keeps saying use the skills you have amp purge lending hand Myraid ect... Use them as often as you can blah blah...

My Veno has over 8k mana... Drop down to fox form I go down to 6k.... thats 2k mana just to throw amp & Myriad and stand back up.. Thrown Ironwood then the DoT spells then regular DD spells then back down into fox Amp & Myriad..back up.. Throw Heal mana.. and notice now.. Barb yells for chi..throw chi.. and as soon as the barb yells.. Bm or Sin goes ME too!!! Continue to throw spells starting again with Ironwood then DoT while in cool down.. by the time you get all that done.. drop back down into fox and amp, myraid agian.. and repeat... while the whole time.. Healin pet as needed Running its Bash, Flesh ream, and Howl (all lvl 5), and Running Genie skills...

Damn if a squad is that had on us just think of how they treat the poor cleric.

Now.. heres the things that bother me...

People calling me lazy because I have a Dmg Macro and a Dmg/Heal macro which I can throw and is timed so as soon as it finishes I can drop down Amp & myraid, which gives me time to controll pet and genie.
    Barb yelling at me not to use Ironwood because his is better
    Barb complaining about Bramble and how it makes his toon move funny
    Archers complaining about pulling agro AFTER I throw Ironwood.
    People demanding chi after a party wipe... yes I can give chi.. But Cleric gets first dibs, I'm not a Chi machine.. you can make chi on you own as well, and Barbs need to lean how to manage it.
    People telling me DoT spells are worthless... thats 3k dmg being done.. while throwing regular hits is not a waste.

The major thing that bothers me.. LF Veno for TT 2-3 for Lureing

Okay.. goes on TT... watched a Sin Or BM lure with a freakin Zeal.. and Sploot.. they are dead.. Yells at veno for not lureing. Or.. here's a good one.. watching a Veno with a Kowlin.. use a Zeal to lure and getting herself killed. Why Yell for a Veno to lure.. if your just gona get yourself killed trying to lure it yourself anyways?

It seems they want all the glory for themselves but their legacy usually is wiping squads. I've seen that so many times and I laugh at them every single time as they spew excuses in a lame attempt to convince the others that it wasn't their fault.

As for venos using a zeal to lure... ROTFL they ought to be banned from squads. Venos should use their tame skill to lure if they want to catch the boss or mob with a pet and replace that genie flame skill with something more useful to them.

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, what's OP? >.<;

overpowered. and yeah, your kitten is. i'm most impressed --- makes me feel much better about having given up all plans for a herc; maybe i'll get a suitable rare pet and build it up with rare skills. hm, personal goal for level 80, armored bear with reflect, strong, and protect? wonder if the bear would really need blessing or not...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As for venos using a zeal to lure... ROTFL they ought to be banned from squads. Venos should use their tame skill to lure if they want to catch the boss or mob with a pet and replace that genie flame skill with something more useful to them.

range of tame beast: 12m according to in-game description.
    range of earthflame: 25m, same source.

dunno about you, but when i zeal-lure on my alts i feel claustrophobic due to having to get so darn close to the mobs (as compared to standard veno luring). i'm not about to get within half that short range yet and pretend it's a replacement for earthflame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Impossibabble

I've seen it. I've talked to other players who did Forgotten Frostlands with her who have seen it. You need to get off your high horse, dude, as you are doing yourself a great disservice making these kinds of comments

But also far less value

Last time I checked a herc and a nix cannot be traded or sold but a pet like an OP herc-like cat can be sold rather easily adding value to it.

Fail sins.

From one who claims to have an APS veno. LOL.

Pure opinion. I'd bend over for a Herc.

That is a personal preference and pure opinion as well.

No need to upgrade weapon or armor either. What's point of playing game now?

Who the hell said there was no need to upgrade armors or weapons?

Wow keep these replies coming. They are entertaining me.

• Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    overpowered. and yeah, your kitten is. i'm most impressed --- makes me feel much better about having given up all plans for a herc; maybe i'll get a suitable rare pet and build it up with rare skills. hm, personal goal for level 80, armored bear with reflect, strong, and protect? wonder if the bear would really need blessing or not...

Hehe... I knew that... b:avoid (ty xD)

An armored bear would be a good choice, but the shaodu cub beats it by a few points. Of course it's your choice, the difference between both is very small. You should probably add Blessing tho. Here are the stats:

Shaodu Cub lvl 80

HP (no blessing): 2799

HP (with blessing): 3639

Phys def (with strong): 16817 (84%)

Mag Def: (with protect): 16817 (84%)

APS: 0.8

DPS (no agro skill): 1229

Armored Bear lvl 80:

HP (no blessing): 2774

HP (with blessing): 3606

Phys def (with strong): 16710 (83%)

Mag Def: (with protect): 16710 (83%)

APS: 0.8

DPS (no agro skill): 1073

Hope this helps!
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Sure, compare unbuffed Herc to buffed pet. lol -90% of power! You're misrepresenting which is dishonest.

You like to make all kinds of claims based on conjecture, belittle others for contradicting you, name calling (hallmark of a true loser of an argument), and base entire threads off of a compare and contrast situation (0% channeling veno) so improbable that it totally lacks any shred of credibility all while hiding behind an anonymous name in the forums so nobody can actually varify your -int veno toon in all its glory ( to support your claims about it) yet you come to the forum and call others dishonest.

Wow. Time for you to call me a troll again....

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Wow. Time for you to call me a troll again....

You anything else?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Agreed that there are more useful genie skills for a veno to have, however I see nothing wrong with a veno using earth flame to pull. In addition to the advantages pulling with tame pet - no need to stow and resummon pet, rebuff pet - pulling with earth flame is faster and it has a longer range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Throw human myriad before you go fox. Fox reduces your max mana, so anything above 80% is just gonna be wasted. So throw it at myriad. You might get lucky.

If there is one thing that kind of irks me about the mana loss going to and from fox form it's how easily it ticks a MP charm because the charm ticks at 75% MP. I think the devs ought to at least make the MP charms tick at 60% so we venos have a chance to use skills to rebuff our MP before the charm ticks when switching to and from fox form.

• Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    range of tame beast: 12m according to in-game description.
    range of earthflame: 25m, same source.

dunno about you, but when i zeal-lure on my alts i feel claustrophobic due to having to get so darn close to the mobs (as compared to standard veno luring). i'm not about to get within half that short range yet and pretend it's a replacement for earthflame.

I understand what you are saying but what I do when I don't want to use the pet to lure is get just in tame range and just as the boss is lured I bramble hood and holy path away to the squad or my halted herc. I take a couple of hits but not that bad with bramble hood.

The reason I prefer this over using the herc to lure is that I can have the herc catch it sooner than I can resummon the herc and rebuff it.

Earthflame has a tendency to aggro mobs with the boss in certain cases where I've never seen that happen with tame.

What it really comes down to is what works best for us. I apologize for that comment about banning venos from squads that use earthflame to lure. That may have been a tad out of line.

• Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    does auto following barb and activating hypers at the right time count as skill?

joking :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    You anything else?

That depends on you.

• SaturnSin - Archosaur
    SaturnSin - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Venos useless..No i dont think so there pretty far from useless venos in some servers can pwn you people who say they suck and all but venos are pretty usefulb:angryb:kiss
  • SaturnSin - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    hey venos rock fyib:irritated
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The fact that veno's are usefull isn't the issue here,

They are QQing that some veno's are lazy (no idea why this would only apply to veno's, but meh).

The way i see it is this, as soon as a veno casts amp/purge 1 time, he/she is less lazy then a spark-autoattack mellee class... just my opinion on it. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Kateh - Dreamweaver
    Kateh - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This thread gave me some good laughs b:thanks
    Gotta love the fantastic veno's without a fat herc. Period.
  • SaturnSin - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    Well arent venos good at pvp is they maybe usefull?b:sad
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh look it's this thread again... kinda b:chuckle

Hai venos b:bye

EDIT: Thread needs a poll lol
  • SaturnSin - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    yes a poll indeeb:victory
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    wow more stuff about the veno class <.<
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Venos are easy to find. Good venos are very hard to find.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, what's OP? >.<;

I'm not a full AA veno, I'm a vit/mag hybrid. I have -36% channelling to make up for the mag loss. I would love to answer your question, but I only ever played AA hybrid vit/mag. I honestly don't know. You would probably be ok with HA or LA, since I can heal for about 95% HP in one shot with Aly. As I said, I have no experiance with HA or LA, so I can't tell for sure. Sorry. b:surrender

Too bad we're not on the same server btw, I would get you a tabby lol. I wouldn't be able to give it all the skills, but I would at least try to lvl it up to your veno's lvl. If you want to tame one yourself, you can pm me and I'll give you some useful tips. I've been taming since lvl 20, so I have quite a bit of experience. =]

OP-Overpowered :P

My bf's been trying to get me to try out a PvP server but Ive always shyed away from it due to perma-PK mode after lvl 30 and the fear of getting randomly killed for someone else's pleasure. Guess now I have an excuse to roll on a PvP server lol.

And I might not roll on one now but in a few days I might :3
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Necare - Harshlands
    Necare - Harshlands Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    One thing for sure, I'm gonna drag Kinna to my BM's FB59 (5 lvls to gob:victory), I wanna see that cat.
    Once upon a time I was stuck in Hall of Deception.
    The Devs felt sorry for me having to smash lowbies all day, so they decided to promote me.
    I then rerolled a Psychic.
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    One thing for sure, I'm gonna drag Kinna to my BM's FB59 (5 lvls to gob:victory), I wanna see that cat.

Lol, I like that comment! b:laughb:victory

Do you have a char on Lost City server tho? That's where Aly and I are. I don't play on any other server. I would love to help you with you FB/BH. =] 59 will be a peace of cake for Aly. After all, she's an OP lvl 93 Tabby Plumdrop. x3
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    OP-Overpowered :P

My bf's been trying to get me to try out a PvP server but Ive always shyed away from it due to perma-PK mode after lvl 30 and the fear of getting randomly killed for someone else's pleasure. Guess now I have an excuse to roll on a PvP server lol.

And I might not roll on one now but in a few days I might :3

Well, rpk is annoying. But pking is a lot of fun! =D Once you get the hang of it, you develop the skill. I can help you lvl up and defend you from pkers if they show up. I started to practice my pking (throwing myself in the pk infested regions) and that helped a lot. ^.^
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Don't be silly guys, Venos are not useless.
    Just grab some -interval and get a pair of fists/claws and there you go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh