The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Options

Comments

• _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear
    _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The Rubberband is really annoying when I get into Old Heavens Tear. When I get ported there I land on the head of the Messenger of Sages and always have to go on my manta to get free...if I try to walk I keep going back to the place where I was.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Library Chief Cheng
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    Hello Everybody,

This is our new thread for reporting in-game bugs ONLY.

We are aware of the following issues; you do not need to report them here:
    • Previewing certain items makes your character appear nude
    • White screen flashes
    • The Ashura Netherqueen in the Palace of Nirvana
    • White splotches on tideborn faces
    • Getting booted from Valley of Reciprocity on death
    • Aegis Spirit not overwriting Magic Shell

Please DO NOT report technical bugs, such as problems with patching, installation, logging in, disconnecting, alt-tabbing, your network settings, etc, in this thread. Please create a new thread in Technical Support for such issues. Posts that are not about bugs may be moved or deleted.

To help us out, please try to include screenshots, and describe in detail what issues you are having.

Please note you may not get an immediate reply. We do note everything you all find, and report it. To see what major things get fixed, check out the patch notes page every time we do an update.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/patch

SAGE BEASTIAL ONSLAUGHT HAS A 0% (ZERO) PERCENT CHANCE TO ZERK WITH A ZERK WEAPON, TESTED. The channel increase is terrible enough, but 0% chance to zerk? DO NOT LEARN THIS SKILL UNTIL IT IS FIXED!

Blade_Aether
    Informing the masses.
  • eu23
    eu23 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I can not take link its not working
  • Tanich - Raging Tide
    Tanich - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is the DQ points working for anyone else today? none of the DQ items I have sold today has shown up on the site (and yes it has been over an hour since I sold them), it was working fine yesterday.....
  • alex0104
    alex0104 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The auto tracker to Draco for the 'Travel To The Old Capital' quest us bugged, because when clicked it took me to somewhere in nifhel's direction, when in fact Draco is in the old capital.

Thanks guys!
  • loalis
    loalis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Forgive me if I'm not posting this correctly. Ever since they instituted that darn password thing I can't sell or change my gear. It keeps telling me I have the wrong password but as far as I know I don't. I'm new to this game. any help please?
  • jonklai
    jonklai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Whilst killing skeleranc craftsmen near the Orchid temple, i've noticed in areas of grass there appears a black 'blotch' sort of thing, missing model perhaps?
    I've seen only two so far, coordinates:
    576-726
    577-733
  • eve92
    eve92 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My character's face seems fine, HOWEVER...when I see other people's characters, they all have some default face.

+ all Tideborn characters have bald heads xD
  • chumpchange70
    chumpchange70 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    eve92 wrote: »
    My character's face seems fine, HOWEVER...when I see other people's characters, they all have some default face.

I have this same exact problem. When I target other people the pic in the targeting reticle is their actual appearance but the people in the main screen all have generic faces and the tideborn are all bald. Anyone know how we can fix this?
  • _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear
    _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

hhhia.png
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Library Chief Cheng
  • sirgiggitythe3rd
    sirgiggitythe3rd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The launcher wont launch the game! I pressed start game and it wont lauch :c
  • Liyjilmn - Sanctuary
    Liyjilmn - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ok, I have submitted a ticket after searching through the threads for relevant topics, and reading all 41 pages of this thread

So around last Thursday I got my FB29 just before logging out. Yesterday I attempted to go through the dungeon right away since it was clear that I still had my tab in the inventory. As soon as I inserted the tab the Quest Failed message came up and I got the tab back. Now I have neither the chance to get the quest manifest back from Puhui, the previous lead-up quest to kill quinzi, or the FB manifest on my quest lists. I still have the tab from completing the lead up quest, and have already completed all quests before it.

Today; the situation has not changed.
  • Chanteus - Sanctuary
    Chanteus - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure this is a bug as much as an undocumented parameter change, but I have been getting lousy drop rates from grinding for at least a week. Drops have gone from 45-50% down to 20-25%. Since this is my primary coin source, it totally sucks. Could it be an unintended side effect of the holiday event?
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    Llewelyn - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ok, I have submitted a ticket after searching through the threads for relevant topics, and reading all 41 pages of this thread

So around last Thursday I got my FB29 just before logging out. Yesterday I attempted to go through the dungeon right away since it was clear that I still had my tab in the inventory. As soon as I inserted the tab the Quest Failed message came up and I got the tab back. Now I have neither the chance to get the quest manifest back from Puhui, the previous lead-up quest to kill quinzi, or the FB manifest on my quest lists. I still have the tab from completing the lead up quest, and have already completed all quests before it.

Today; the situation has not changed.

Check if your quest log isn't full. Also, if quest log of any party member doing fb with you will be full, the quest will be failing immediately after taking it.
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I've been waiting for the CoA event tonight and was really looking forward to it, and I paid the 100k fee to enter and then the bug report window popped up, thus closing the PWI client. So I logged back in only to find out not only am I not in the CoA instance, but I'm not allowed to re-enter. I know that's really not that much money, and I'm willing to pay again to enter, but it really just sucks that I waited so long for nothing b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • polaris2010
    polaris2010 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I haven't been here long enough to know if this is a bug or not but whenever I attack from range the monsters auto regenerate to full hp, and carry on doing so when I switch to a sword. pretty sure they should be dying from blood loss if you catch my drift.

ed: this is preventing me from killing riptide tortoise and thus completing the lv5 quest involving killing ten of them...
  • Evict - Harshlands
    Evict - Harshlands Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I haven't been here long enough to know if this is a bug or not but whenever I attack from range the monsters auto regenerate to full hp, and carry on doing so when I switch to a sword. pretty sure they should be dying from blood loss if you catch my drift.

ed: this is preventing me from killing riptide tortoise and thus completing the lv5 quest involving killing ten of them...

If the monsters can't reach you, they'll "reset" themselves.
    Quote - Born_Free - Harshlands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Except me. b:chuckle
  • zoracgallant
    zoracgallant Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So I was swimming across some river and now my character is jumping up and in the water in a glitch. I can't move, I can't teleport, I can't do anything other than watch him glitch up and down.
  • fuhma
    fuhma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I can't decompse grade 3~5 3*Items.
    Its shows the prize but neither my Skill or the required level.
  • Cleric_ - Harshlands
    Cleric_ - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hello, I REALLY hope this problem can be fixed:
    Okay so I can't see any action/visual/image that my cleric does when I attack or heal.. which is difficult for me to enjoy the game. I need to see my cleric heal other characters. and I need to see my attacks. That's just how it is for me. FB/BHs are so much easier for me if I could just see what I'm doing. But what really bothers me is that this only happens to my cleric, not my other five characters. I can see all of their attacks. The cleric is my main. Oh and I can't see anything glowy either, such as TT weapons. the green glowyness, i can't see it. i can't see glowy stuff on armor either. i wonder why this is happening just on my cleric? and I already tried reinstalling and everything. it's still the same. i tried on like four different computers, and the problem is still there. PLEASE, HELP ME FIX THIS. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CLERIC.
    Since I couldn't see what my cleric was doing, I quit PWI. I really want to start playing again. Please tell me you can fix it. Once again, this only happens when I am on my cleric, and it happens on any computer. so it's my account..but only one char. hm. please fix it!
  • Cleric_ - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hello, I REALLY hope this problem can be fixed:
    Okay so I can't see any action/visual/image that my cleric does when I attack or heal.. which is difficult for me to enjoy the game. I need to see my cleric heal other characters. and I need to see my attacks. That's just how it is for me. FB/BHs are so much easier for me if I could just see what I'm doing. But what really bothers me is that this only happens to my cleric, not my other five characters. I can see all of their attacks. The cleric is my main. Oh and I can't see anything glowy either, such as TT weapons. the green glowyness, i can't see it. i can't see glowy stuff on armor either. i wonder why this is happening just on my cleric? and I already tried reinstalling and everything. it's still the same. i tried on like four different computers, and the problem is still there. PLEASE, HELP ME FIX THIS. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CLERIC.
    Since I couldn't see what my cleric was doing, I quit PWI. I really want to start playing again. Please tell me you can fix it. Once again, this only happens when I am on my cleric, and it happens on any computer. so it's my account..but only one char. hm. please fix it!
    EDIT: I can't see other ppl's atttacks either. and same with mobs. i can't see when something is attacking me..or anyone. like for example the Wicked Pirate. I can just tell he's running. I can't see any attacks. Please get back to me and tell me what is wrong. ty
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    EDIT: I can't see other ppl's atttacks either. and same with mobs. i can't see when something is attacking me..or anyone. like for example the Wicked Pirate. I can just tell he's running. I can't see any attacks. Please get back to me and tell me what is wrong. ty
    Perhaps you have effects switched off. Press U and go to UI. Then bring the effects slider all the way to the right. This is not a bug - Many clerics, myself included can see our own, and other people's attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbed_Arrow - Dreamweaver
    Barbed_Arrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    on my LVL 72 sin i was PVP at Orchid Temple and i went to use Tele stun skill cant remember exact name right now.. and i got stuck half way thought the teleport my feet were in the ground and when i tryed to jump i jumped in place i had to use town tele to move i think the problem was when i used tele on a slight upward slant i got stuck so maybe what needs to be checked is the bug for that skill on certain landscapes thanks
  • Cleric_ - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Perhaps you have effects switched off. Press U and go to UI. Then bring the effects slider all the way to the right. This is not a bug - Many clerics, myself included can see our own, and other people's attacks.

Hey there, thank you so much! :) Not sure how that was turned off. x.x what does the distance one do? :o
  • Riaf - Sanctuary
    Riaf - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm having some problems to enter to the game with my pj Riaf
    I log in and when I press start with Riaf selected the game closes and then it appears this window:

screenshotbft.jpg

I've just tryed to enter with other pj in the same server and in other servers and they work, but with Riaf doesn't.

I've make the report of that bug with that window but I don't know what's happening whith that. I could enter once when I made a new character and I returned to the character selection and starting whith Riaf, but in a second or two the same window appeared.

Thanks for your help
  • IloveSARCASM - Archosaur
    IloveSARCASM - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I hope this is the right place to post this - the avatar that's supposed to my character is NOT the character I created in the game on that server. Am I the only one with this problem? I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong place.
  • Dimondfox - Sanctuary
    Dimondfox - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hello all i am not really new to PWI but i am new to thread writing. i don`t know where to write this only that for the last week i have been trying to play and i keep getting booted i understand that it may be a bug in the system but i am very frustrated because i really enjoy the game. I have also tried to send a ticket but it won`t allow me to go any further than FAQ i don`t know what else to do. i cant even stay on long enough to get the free clothing that was offered or do my wedding quest. I lost the chapel quest inside i we didn`t even get the rings we have tried several times to do wedding quests and keep getting booted in the middle of the quest and then it is marked as failed. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP MEb:surrender

PS i don`t want to sound like i am winning but well i guess maybe i am and again sorry if this isn`t the place to put this i just really don`t know what else to do
  • emperorsword
    emperorsword Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hello,

I have a problem which is similar to that what Riaf wrote. I have updated the PW client and since I did that everytime I press the "Start"-button i get a bug which closes the window automatically.

see here:

http://img821.imageshack.us/f/002jh.png/

The difference to Riaf's case is that I don't get any further than pressing the "Start"-Button for the PW launcher
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    Ubnext - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I was in the area of wicked pirates setting up my shop.
    I changed nothing and was just reviewing when all of a sudden my coin in my bag went from 605K to 368305.

my items offered is a total of 167,575 coin.

this only adds up to 535880.
    my shop was not yet open for selling so where did this coin go?

is someone hacking accounts when they think no one is looking?

the 167575 shouldn't be taken out unless someone sells something to me.
    that hasn't happened, so where did 236695 coin just disappear to?

I have been struggling to stay abreast of this PWI screwed up economy and here coin just disappears right in front of my eyes for no apparent reason as I was just reviewing my closed shop. no transactions could have occurred.

Sanctuary