The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Options

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I was planning on hopping a wall but i missed and the wall was fake, the whole wall is hollow but about 3 meters from the begginning is fake

fakewall.png

That's what you get when you hire a fish to build a wall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Head_strong - Lost City
    Head_strong - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    NPC Jewelcraftsman Lei at the Silver Pool, will not repair equipment.

Either using repair all, for equiped items or the repair for individual items.

I get the message asking me if I am sure that I want to repair all , etc. but nothing happens.

I didn't bother to try and repair at another NPC, so I can't say if it is only an issue with my character or the NPC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haderon - Raging Tide
    Haderon - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Two times in a row the Dog in TT 2-3 is not appearing. Please fix it. It is bugged.
  • _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear
    _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Two times in a row the Dog in TT 2-3 is not appearing. Please fix it. It is bugged.
    Did you hit the mobs running around and/or the invisible mob? If so the dog won't appear, thats intended by the developers.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Library Chief Cheng
  • //oonDust - Heavens Tear12
    //oonDust - Heavens Tear12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Fix this please:
    - puzzle cube disappears cuz of lag if any1 is killing u before u get it in ur bag -> means cant cube anymore only next day -> coins spent`n time wasted;
    - shadow escape/jump blocks toon in a fixed place cant move anymore -> toon dies, unless u use shadow again (long cd) or tp (even longer cd); also this skills dont teleport u to mobs in cube? is this on purpose or?
    - pet disappears on embrace on ground;
    - ppl become invisible if some1 dies and gets back in instance, has to run around and come back walking or do some voodoo to see ppl again;
    - Rothflesh trench for 60-80 is rly full of bugs, im sry i didnt take screens or capture video, my toon went crazy, moving back and forward, couldnt control it at all, needed relog and restart game after;

p.s. as a suggestion would be darn nice if pwi would think to have autoloot sistem, maybe in party or idk, just is a desperate need of autoloot;
  • kazecho
    kazecho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Alright I'm not sure exactly how to explain this but my lvl 29 BM was fighting Farrng, died, and when I respawned my inventory wouldn't open at all. I tried the hotkey, the bottom left corner button for inventory, going into shops- nothing. It wouldn't open. So I tried to log out and back in, it opened once, then again became inaccessible. So I quit the whole program, went back in again. Once again, it would open but stopped the moment I tried to sell or trade anything. I checked the lock under my character's portrait, it is open. Nothing is locked. I went and died again, trying to see if that would fix it (silly, I know, but I was a bit desperate), it didn't help. I switched to my other characters, they have the same problem. I'm about to reinstall the game. If I doesn't work, I'll post again. I just thought I should report the glitch.
    I reinstalled and logged in again. The problem is still there, although I was not as thorough as I thought before. My bank still works, at least until I try talking to a shop NPC, and then the inventory stops working again.
  • Zinochi - Lost City
    Zinochi - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm sorry this may seem a little mundane and insignificant between all the auto-track, and quest bugs but my character is constantly losing his clothes in-game whilst I'm running around. Sometimes they reappear when i look at my character from other angles. This problem is purely aesthetic mind you but it has become a bit of a nuisance and source of irritation that whilst doing a quest I have to stare at a tideborn's butt constantly. (Also this does apply to my weapons as well which also vanish but still see the glow.).

p.s. sorry if this has been touched on before but I couldn't for the life of me find it, and also sorry if this isn't in the right area.

EDIT: Problem solved, change the refraction from closed to open and the problem should disappear.
  • Silmaril - Raging Tide
    Silmaril - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lvl 40 quest "For the innkeeper" - the autorouting to the awarding NPC (Innkeeper Mei) is not provided, the only info in the quest log is "Quest Awarder: Guide".
  • Darcragnar - Sanctuary
    Darcragnar - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Not sure if this belongs here but,
    My Zeal genie will not do any damage. when i use his attack, the cooldown clock starts
    power used, critter will arrgo on my but there is no damage to critter and no graphics to indecate attack happened, also no indication that attack missed, failed, or resisted.
    any help on this would be appricated.
    Suxs having a genie that all it can do is pull.......
  • Devilishy - Sanctuary
    Devilishy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What's the sense in a bug report thread if there are some all-known bugs which can't be fixed and in every weekly patch note only a few minor changes are made like items offered in the boutique?

Cube bug hasn't been fixed
    Aegis bug is still there
    Rubberbanding still exists
    Sage Melee Mastery hasn't been fixed
    and so on...

Aren't the developers supposed to FIX those bugs instead of just listening to them and then say "meh, we're working on genesis right now"

When genesis is done there will be lots of new bugs and then the current bugs will be set to the end of the row of fixing bugs again. b:angry
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    Llewelyn - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    - celestial fashion (from xmas event) disappears under water
    - lovebird dress disappears under water on tideborn char
  • Khorah - Dreamweaver
    Khorah - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    "Light as a feather" (lvl 8 human quest) is supposed to be started by Drunken Warrior at Etherblade. After speaking to Apothecary An for the apothecary manufacturing quest I noticed he was giving a quest so I accepted. Then I realized it was "Light as a feather"... he was giving that same quest and even with the same dialog as the Drunken Warrior (it seemed weird to hear him saying to go and bribe Apothecary An, being himself)
  • SadisticGuy - Lost City
    SadisticGuy - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Okay, I have a problem. The last time i played the game everything worked fine, but now when i login and select my character the game gets stuck loading the screen and the program stops responding. this only happens with a specific character, all my other characters work fine but the game can't load my assassin. the last time i logged off i was in tide form and underwater. I really hope you guys can help me, thanks ^^
  • Monophobic - Dreamweaver
    Monophobic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Not sure if this is a bug or what, but I can't attack.
    My weapon is red, yet still has durability. I can't repair it and I can't use it.
    Same problem when I tried using a different one.

I'm still a bit new and have no idea why this might be happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Not sure if this is a bug or what, but I can't attack.
    My weapon is red, yet still has durability. I can't repair it and I can't use it.
    Same problem when I tried using a different one.

I'm still a bit new and have no idea why this might be happening.

If a weapon (or any piece of equipment) turns red, that means you lack the required stats to use it.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • shoutboxer
    shoutboxer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What's the sense in a bug report thread if there are some all-known bugs which can't be fixed and in every weekly patch note only a few minor changes are made like items offered in the boutique?

Cube bug hasn't been fixed
    Aegis bug is still there
    Rubberbanding still exists
    Sage Melee Mastery hasn't been fixed
    and so on...

Aren't the developers supposed to FIX those bugs instead of just listening to them and then say "meh, we're working on genesis right now"

When genesis is done there will be lots of new bugs and then the current bugs will be set to the end of the row of fixing bugs again. b:angry
    Why do you write here in the forum? Write tickets, the more tickets they have the more they will see the something done, or they get more tickets. 40 developers are working on the "Genesis"-update, we hope they work well then the "old " bugs.
    The ticket system has a special bug report section, use this one rather than the forum.
    There can also be seen at the ticket status if someone has read it and whether it is processed.

I just got a ticket for the new "Cube 25/36"-bug written and after a few minutes, the ticket status had changed, so it is in development. :)

Perfect World Entertainment Inc. have in contrast to other game providers, a very good ticket system, and that should be used. If the support gets too many tickets because of bugs, not the customers fault. Who does not repair old known bugs is your own fault (Support & Developers).

(sorry google translation ^^)
    TraumLand ist eine Gemeinschaft von netten und hilfsbereiten Spielern. Schau dir doch einfach mal unsere Website an.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    Llewelyn - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Game client crashes when I try to add someone to blacklist by typing the nick manually.
  • dakl2u
    dakl2u Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    First off, my specs;

CPU: Intel i7 870 OC@4.2Ghz
    Graphics: EVGA GTX470 OC@700/1400/1900Mhz (DX 11)
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    RAM: 4GB OC
    FPS: ~30 absolute low settings, ~3-7 at max

I already know what the problem is, I'm just posting because in my mind everyone should spam the forums for the DEVs to provide a solution (solution, not workaround).

No GPU support, no multicore support, but adding loads of effects even to high populated areas - where is the logic? I'm not going to lower my settings or even waste a cent for this game. Unless you (in case any DEVs, not Admins or Mods, care for what gets written here) aren't able to fix long known issues, I'm not able to waste my time/money/storage/promotion for this. You are going to break this game, because it's becoming unplayable for more and more people. We don't want your silly content updates, hotfixes, etc... We want a playable game. I just don't get why nobody get's his *** up.

I'm going to uninstall now, hopefully, things will have changed in a few months.

Yours,
    Cthulhu.
  • NekoNails - Lost City
    NekoNails - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    steelwing mail & greeves are glitching i dig up a herb or go into meditate the top dissapears leaving exposed nippless **** or the bottom dissapears laving only white panties. think you guys need to look innto that some parents might get upset.b:chuckle
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    Ubnext - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dakl2u wrote: »
    First off, my specs;

CPU: Intel i7 870 OC@4.2Ghz
    Graphics: EVGA GTX470 OC@700/1400/1900Mhz (DX 11)
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    RAM: 4GB OC
    FPS: ~30 absolute low settings, ~3-7 at max

I already know what the problem is, I'm just posting because in my mind everyone should spam the forums for the DEVs to provide a solution (solution, not workaround).

No GPU support, no multicore support, but adding loads of effects even to high populated areas - where is the logic? I'm not going to lower my settings or even waste a cent for this game. Unless you (in case any DEVs, not Admins or Mods, care for what gets written here) aren't able to fix long known issues, I'm not able to waste my time/money/storage/promotion for this. You are going to break this game, because it's becoming unplayable for more and more people. We don't want your silly content updates, hotfixes, etc... We want a playable game. I just don't get why nobody get's his *** up.

I'm going to uninstall now, hopefully, things will have changed in a few months.

Yours,
    Cthulhu.

I totally agree!
    Being here only a few months and spending100.00+ dollars then finding out the game still sucks because development is going into new expansions and not into fixing the same old ****.
    why not post here, tickets don't work!
    I send in a ticket with explicit information, and I still get emails requiring more specific information.
    I can't be anymore specific, so nothing is done, and ticket is closed.

you would think after two + years a cleric could run up and down hills without rubber banding.
    you would think some one could fix just that problem, because there's nothing worse than getting mobbed and not being able to cast defensive or offensive spells until you spawn your wings. then getting ganked and losing 5% of your exp, and 25K on repair bills.
    you would think you could fix the economical BS with the pricing of items.

hell just balancing the price index on Perfect stone vs yiyuan stone, would make the game more enjoyable, because when you spend 19K+ yiyuan to make just 1 Perfect Stone, the value would equal one Perfect stone price 196,840 coin instead of 100.
    that is a simple fix that would make the game enjoyable.
    but if you can't fix the simple **** how do I expect you to fix complicated bugs, like the one for lvl 1 elder that takes you to a level 75 river.
    there's no NPC there, but there is a split between green names and orange lvl 75 names right there.
    I've been there twice.
    recorded the way point and submitted it. the ticket required more info. thats just dev's laziness.
    you had the way point and the elder. **** you get off your buts and fix the problem. cause if you don't no one even cares about your stupid expansion.
    I know your not listening to me. but I have ranted and raved and have made suggestions, and the only thing I regret is downloading this game in the first place.

as for peeps who want more tickets, hey get off the bus for u end up under it. peeps do do tickets. they are not responding. maybe theres one dev who is actually reading the forums. are only hope is it is one that gives a rat's *** about the development of an enjoyable work of art with professional overtones!
  • josephkw
    josephkw Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I totally agree!
    Being here only a few months and spending100.00+ dollars then finding out the game still sucks because development is going into new expansions and not into fixing the same old ****.
    why not post here, tickets don't work!
    I send in a ticket with explicit information, and I still get emails requiring more specific information.
    I can't be anymore specific, so nothing is done, and ticket is closed.

you would think after two + years a cleric could run up and down hills without rubber banding.
    you would think some one could fix just that problem, because there's nothing worse than getting mobbed and not being able to cast defensive or offensive spells until you spawn your wings. then getting ganked and losing 5% of your exp, and 25K on repair bills.
    you would think you could fix the economical BS with the pricing of items.

hell just balancing the price index on Perfect stone vs yiyuan stone, would make the game more enjoyable, because when you spend 19K+ yiyuan to make just 1 Perfect Stone, the value would equal one Perfect stone price 196,840 coin instead of 100.
    that is a simple fix that would make the game enjoyable.
    but if you can't fix the simple **** how do I expect you to fix complicated bugs, like the one for lvl 1 elder that takes you to a level 75 river.
    there's no NPC there, but there is a split between green names and orange lvl 75 names right there.
    I've been there twice.
    recorded the way point and submitted it. the ticket required more info. thats just dev's laziness.
    you had the way point and the elder. **** you get off your buts and fix the problem. cause if you don't no one even cares about your stupid expansion.
    I know your not listening to me. but I have ranted and raved and have made suggestions, and the only thing I regret is downloading this game in the first place.

as for peeps who want more tickets, hey get off the bus for u end up under it. peeps do do tickets. they are not responding. maybe theres one dev who is actually reading the forums. are only hope is it is one that gives a rat's *** about the development of an enjoyable work of art with professional overtones!

I concur. I first played PW long long ago on PW:Malaysian English, then a year or more ago on pwi, then left for a long time due to irritation with the game and RL. I never would have thought the game could have deteriorated into this. My fiancee talked me into playing againa nd I was having fun with it for about five minutes until I got a hard lesson on rubberbanding. The biggest issue with rubber bandinbg is that a lot of the time it can't be fixed by hitting keys, and you have to resort to logging off.

How can anyone be foolish enough to whine to people to submit more tickets? Considering how long rubber banding has been an issue, as well as the many other severe issues. that speaks volumes for how much work is going into bug-fixing. As for rubber banding, it happens everywhere in the game world at all times both on npc's heads and uneven terrain. That alone is enough info to begin digging for the cause, as well as the number of people sumbitting tickets with exact info about where and when it happened, allowing the developers to recreate the issue. So why does everyone get a response asking for more info? They have all the info that they need and can get.

I'm enjoying playing again, but it won't last too long if I don't see some sort of progress on these issues that currently plague the game. A year ago I never saw something sell for 5 million. Yesterday I saw dozens of of things for over 50 milliona nd one for a billion. The economy is beyond screwed up and needs fixed just as bad as rubber banding does.
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    okay new issue.

I have quests full. so i throw out a couple of old quest to fill in with much newer quests.
    great I even threw out one I completed.
    dumb maybe but for some reason I cant get the sob to accept it as done.

NP

Now here I got kill 50 schrunkins and go back to turn in ancient bow to King's feast chief.
    so you'd think he would complete one quest to give me another.

nope wont accept a finished quest to simultaneously give me another one to finish the next step. this is stupid. now I got to either burn another quest and hope I don't throw out a chain. or go finish one that is not a chain.
    but then how do I know it's a chain until i finish it.
    they call this CATCH 22 or "damned if you do and damned if you don't"
    I tell you its a small issue but it adds up quick. liked stacked empty genie cubes selling for 50,000 on the AH. maybe there should be durability on warsoul essence to prevent greedy pigs from posting 1 exp cubes in AH.

anyway back to this bug. so any way in the future you can tell this SOB King to accept completed quest first then wait 2 seconds and give new quest?

have the same problem with looting.
    if you don't have an empty slot in your maxed out super inventory bag, and you try to pick up another mystical eye or mana pot or health pot.....etc. then it won't stack, it just says inventory full.
    but u drop any misc. item out of bag pick up the loot, it stacks accordingly and then you can pick up what you threw away.
    this is a real pain in the kiester when your in a squad going real fast, or worried about the respawn rate of a mob or two. or worse yet you have filled your bags and your 80 slot bank with DQ items so when your ready to get unbored and do those chain quest you have all the DQ 21 through 71 you need that you would have otherwise thrown away or sold too cheaply.

here's an idea and a quick fix.

Saddle bags.

sounds to me like you greedy dev's would have come up with 100 slot 5 million zhen saddle bag for my Tempest by now.

heck I don't expect you guys to make it a drop or give it to me for some simple quest or even cheap like say 5 gold.

and while we are at it.
    why not sell us socket stones for our vendor shops.
    14 slots just ain't enough for 50+ serious power leveling freaks like us.

oh and for the price of chi stones, why the heck did you restrict my stam eating Genie from using Holy path when mounted. seems to me like a perfectly good way to get me to buy more tiger packs to sell so I can afford more stones that are so over priced it will kill you not to play PWI!
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    click on green words in quest box, it takes me to 415, 371 whether on foot or wing.
    nothing there but one schrunkin warlock.
    and nearby is tauroc ambassadors but after five kills figured it was a bug when squad member said " there used to be assassins tauroc here.

so here again the assitant takes me to nowhere land real fast
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    when I use life powder instead of getting +50HP over next 10 minutes recovery instead I get water damaged reduced for 10 minutes
    a lkot of good that does when the mob is shooting fire.

cleric sactuary
    fighting schrunkins and taurocs.
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I am hunting and questing for Tauroc skins and pyrogolth hierarch.
    When I turn Hyper on I am only getting 1687 exp and 75 spirit
    I have put up five Hyper stones, and have it set to x12.

when I pause it I get 202 exp to about 286 exp and 45 spirit.

why does PWI continue you too cheat me you worthless MOFOers

I should be getting 2424 minimum exp but I also have a 50% increase owed by the esoteric golden silk worm.
    so wtf dev's why you want to cheat cash donors.?????????????
    I am tired of the BS.
  • Demoniclolly - Raging Tide
    Demoniclolly - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i don't know if its my computer or the game but it just starting lagging when i get on for the last week.it take like 4 min to log into perfect world. when i do get on im dead already from waiting for the screen to pop up. when i turn the camera it lags or freezes for 5 min.was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. thanks:)
  • Zephyrine - Raging Tide
    Zephyrine - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This doesn't happen when previewing an item, but when I'm actually wearing the item.

My Pearl Blossom Dress keeps disappearing at random, sometimes just when I turn my character a certain way, others when I'm underwater/flying. All that shows are my shoes and underwear, the rest of my character is completely nude. The character I'm playing is a cleric, if that could be what's causing it.
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My friend and I play on laptops, and we both had catshops open at different times. on these different occasions, left the catshop up sell some misc., items and went to eat dinner or go to the kitchen to get coffee/
    came back and shop seems to have moved two way points and is no longer a shop, but back to being the regular toon.

yet the shop screen is open and it shows the "!" as a sale(S) has been transacted.

so what give's, is there some **** where others can come by and knock out the competition?
    or am I getting PvPed on a server in which I have never clicked on the PK button....and probably never will?

what is causing, tell me so I can prevent it from happening again?
    or tell all of us so they can do it to others who are out selling everyone, only because they're prices are fair and not gouging, greedy and **** peeps over?

Like here I am stacking 25 - 35K each rep badges and some dev gets really dumb and decides to break all dreams and hopes of catching up, and puts wraith badges on sale for 1 silver each which is only 9K coin at current inflationary prices.

so here I am selling dice tickets for 400 a piece finally make a profit at less than the normal retail price. I am sold out in the cube room entry, 258, 695
    5' oclock server sanctuary time.
    and just wondering wtf?
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have noticed I rubber band whether I am running or walking, jumping or falling, on foot or on my blazing tempest.
    I notice it always takes the elven wings to get me out of rubber band mode.
    A couple of times the Blaze temp gets stuck and I have to stow while I am taking hits, then click wings to throw a spell.
    as soon as I click wings, the damn mob starts healing with every spell hit cause i am on my wings. then I unclick wings to make it fair to the mob, and by the time I get next offensive spell or defensive heal off, I am dead because the glitching time warp interim has finally caught up to me.

so this seems to me to be some switched turn on by dev's to get you to buy wings.
    maybe even more improved gold buying, ZEN spending wings.

this is more BS so turn the damn thing off!!!!!!!!!!!
    if I was rubber banding with wings... then I wouldn't think this, but because it has been over two years since release and peeps still complaining, and it is now so obvious that wings are the only cure.
    then it looks to me like PWI is still greedily working peeps over like the syndicated mobs you have always been.

thank you again for making the game so enjoyable by allowing so much !@#$%^&amp;*()_ frustration and aggravation to keep the game challenging and questionable.

God forbid I should find something else to do when snowed in!
    Like make snow angels in the nude
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Merchant say he can turn 50 pack and 100 pack into perspective amounts of chips.
    but you have to open each pack one at a time.

because that doesn't work is it a bug or just another misleading habit of PWI's FALSE ADVERTISING scheme?

I mean it take 3-5 seconds for each chip to open.

which could be profitable to the person who sits there and opens each pack.
    but no **** dev's fixed it so even a non lazy person can't make a buck.

but then go convert the chips to the dice and it has to manufacture eaxch one, which seems like forever for a 2K deal.

U don't get craft skill points, why can't you just say poof here you go come again!
This discussion has been closed.