The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Options

Comments

• ArchessNey - Heavens Tear
    ArchessNey - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There are so many bugs with marriage quests, like "Once and again" or "Save Leon".

For the first one, at a moment the quest stops - just before taking the poem back to Cho Wenchun (for the last time).

For the second one, after defeating the Giantfang Spider, the NPC, Leon, just disappear... so there's no way to get the reward, in any case.

Please do something.
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    During the Goshiki Quest Chain, between "Visit Dizzy" and "Ormin's Task" for me at least, you are not a high enough level to continue. But friends were able to keep going below lvl60. I've heard of other people having the same issue, some getting stuck there until they level and some being able to continue directly. Just thought I'd point it out.

And my assassin's clothing also tends to disappear under water :P But I'm sure you're aware of that bug.
  • Blademastah - Raging Tide
    Blademastah - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    my faction list is bugged, when i log in it will say who is on at that very moment but it will not change if people come on or get off.
  • _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear
    _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    my faction list is bugged, when i log in it will say who is on at that very moment but it will not change if people come on or get off.
    On the top right of your faction window there is a yellow button. Click it and the list will refresh b:victory
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Library Chief Cheng
  • xemnas1995
    xemnas1995 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I think that you have to press the refresh button in the top right to see who else shows up or leaves. If you already did this, then I'm sorry I wasn't of help.

Now onto my glitch...

If someone else already posted this, I didn't see it because I dont want to have to search 30-ish pages for 1 glitch.

Every now and then when I open my inventory window (Or something that makes it open, like safe storage), I will find one of my items has been unequipped. I 100% know that I didn't do this myself, and it once made me lose a piece of armor I mistook for loot. (Thankfully, I had some spare pots I was able to sell to buy another piece). This has happened to me several times, and it really makes me mad. b:angry
  • _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear
    _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    xemnas1995 wrote: »
    Every now and then when I open my inventory window (Or something that makes it open, like safe storage), I will find one of my items has been unequipped. I 100% know that I didn't do this myself, and it once made me lose a piece of armor I mistook for loot. (Thankfully, I had some spare pots I was able to sell to buy another piece). This has happened to me several times, and it really makes me mad. b:angry
    I've wondered that too till I found out that if you right click (and hold down) at the place where there is an item in your inventory and then open inventory and stop holding right mouse-button, you use/(un)equip the thing your mouse right-clicked on. Hope it helped ya b:victory
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Library Chief Cheng
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Room 34 still glitched...

When i killed someone in order to get a die (already had my pk protections off) the NPC did not spawn, i had not ran out of time in my "infighting" quest (15 minutes left at the moment of the kill) and the veno DID die and was sent back to room 1; also, that veno did not get a puzzle cube back in order to start the cube again

Moreover, even if you're out of infighting time, other people dying on that room should still make the NPC spawn, then an assa jumped in and tried to kill me using middle mob, however i lasted longer and the assa died, yet NPC did not spawn
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Jfmaster - Raging Tide
    Jfmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In The Treasure 4 it says that the mobs that protect the treasures are called Nirvana Jellyfish, but when i click in them, it says that they are called Nirnava Jellyfish.
  • that1guy11
    that1guy11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    for the new update when i click the item in the chat the game crashes, two o.o i cant sell items at NPCs
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why aren't the bars in my genie's thing for energy and stamina filling up? The numbers go up but it sucks not having the little meter.

Also, it seems as though the bug with Herc Bash is back.. being that if you right click Bash to make the herc use it automatically, it doesn't do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Jazell - Dreamweaver
    Jazell - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yesterday my bf and I got married. We registered for Friday, 14:00 but when we arrived at the chapel at the specified time we were not allowed to enter. We and our guests hung around for 30 minutes trying to enter but were not allowed in. It said we were in the process of doing whatever it is you do in there but alas we could not get in.
    I logged to go eat and when I returned Zidy said that around 3 we were allowed to go in but I was not there so we missed our chapel part of the wedding. We know that 14:00 is 2pm Eastern Pacific Time Zone and that is when we were there. Now to do that part of the wedding we have to go buy our invitation for 5g each to get in. Not to mention the invitations for the guests at 100,000 coin each. What a rip off. How about returning the outlay cost your glitch costs us. 10 g + 600,000 for invitations. I hope you get this fixed before to many other people have the same problem.

** When we left the chapel no people were on the streets. Everyone had disappeared. Zidy sent an invitation to pick me up and I accepted but I couldn't see him. He said he was carrying me and went to start MQ. I was still standing beside the Eldest Matchmaker. I logged off to see if this would help and when I came back I was falling from the sky. I landed beside Zidy, he picked me up and we went on our way.
  • Ryegard - Heavens Tear
    Ryegard - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Today I went to a friends wedding in the new chapel. I was first in contribution points and did not recieve anything for my effort. Other people in the event recieved various items yet I ended up with nothing.
  • Dunkya - Heavens Tear
    Dunkya - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    in dragon wilderness 104, 704, 50/\ there a hillock that has a severe rubber-banding effect in place, you can run and get pinged back for hours if you do not move to the side or run back.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Today i was doing cube, got room 10 (bomb) and after that room 14, no one dropped by to be killed so i suicided and went back to fate's beggining (i'm not a patient guy), then made it to room 9 (survival) and started the 100 seconds, however in the middle of the match the bomb exploded and i was sent back to room 1 WITHOUT A PUZZLE CUBE, meaning i cannot resume cube today

Oh, speaking of that, the bugs at cube have NOT been fixed, you still cannot pk anyone in room 34 if you have any pk protections on, your skills won't trigger and neither will auto-attack
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

• Scythelike - Raging Tide
    Scythelike - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well I got a pretty nice bug, but havent watched through all those pages if its already reported.

Short story: Well I did all the crafting quests with my tideborn char, however I threw all the books once away so dumb I was...
    Now again I wanted to get those books back and since I already finished the quest, the bookmerchant normally should have the books... Well look at the screen...

http://yfrog.com/f/0c20100813082115p/

I took the quest for the tailor Book, however I cant finish it since the NPC doesnt has the reward of that quest. But the top of all is that he has the finished quests flag over his head...

Also it doesnt work with other books, the other book which works is the Blacksmith one b:surrender
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Macros get deleted or at least messed up every time i switch between "best performance" and "standar" settings on the UI menu, it doesn't bother me on this guy since 99% my damage output comes from auto-attack, however i'm raising a cleric (PWI always needs more clerics) and it's REALLY annoying to have to make a new macro every time i go to archo to turn in quests and get new ones!

• Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Localization issue, text wise. Jen the Archer is a male NPC and Lou the Cleric is a female NPC.

unless they are trans-gendered, I think its supposed to be the other way around :)
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • kurosake
    kurosake Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey, figured i'd swing by to give this a mention, not sure if anyone has before, sorry if they have b:surrender .

On my veno i've noticed some strange glitch that only occurs when she is standing still. Basically, the pose on her chest (right boob b:shutup ) kinda deforms in such a way that it gets crumpled and also makes the armour go under the skin. Here's a pic;

pictureni.jpg

It only occures when she's stood still so i suspect it's just the standing pose that might need a little bit of adjusting?

Also, Another one, when my veno is wearing fashion. Her undergarments disapere under-water which is a little awkward because it means changing from fashion to armour every time i wanna go in the water.. lol.

Well anyway thats about all i wanted to report, GM's feel free to email me if you want any further information that would help i am keen to see these glitches fixed as i use my veno alot xD

Cheers!
  • Areak - Raging Tide
    Areak - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When you go to Encyclopedia > Craft and then when you find and click gear you searched you get materials you need to craft it, so when you click on material list client gets crashed.
  • xalticus
    xalticus Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This has occurred to me twice now, both times while in Archosaur (On Raging Tides Server) I've gone to jump into the water, only to be treated to an infinite loop glitch of me getting just into the water and then falling, then back into the water, etc. The only way I have found to stop this is top exit to desktop, which is irritating to say the least. I can't even use the town portal as I'm technically in mid-air when the loop begins so I just endlessly repeat this action.

It is VERY annoying, especially seeing as my character is Tideborn, and I travel quicker in the water, so I've grown accustomed to using water routes to my advantage.
    Are you like me & don't always use words that people are generally familiar with? Worry no more! All you have to do to use any word your rather large vocabulary can come up with is use this HTML code: {URL="http://lmgtfy.com/?q=YourWord"}YourWord{/URL} then people can click the created link & receive all the information they need to understand what you mean. Just input ]
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    Llewelyn - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1. Since last patch the autorouting to BH (when clicking on bosses names in the quest log) doesn't work, instead the system gives a message "Target is in another zone".

2. Best performance on/off button randomly switches on or off Customizations option in UI.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1. Since last patch the autorouting to BH (when clicking on bosses names in the quest log) doesn't work, instead the system gives a message "Target is in another zone".
    We're aware of this issue.
    2. Best performance on/off button randomly switches on or off Customizations option in UI.
    Toggling Best Performance is supposed to toggle Customizations as well; it's one of the features it disables in order to improve performance. Unless you're claiming that it randomly doesn't turn off Customizations when it's supposed to, this is how the feature has always worked.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just a small one, the description of the Genie Skill Hollow Fist on the skill inguiery tab lists the prerequsites as wood 4 wood 4. Should read wood 3 Metal 4. It is correct in the watcher of the earth menu.
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    We're aware of this issue.

Toggling Best Performance is supposed to toggle Customizations as well; it's one of the features it disables in order to improve performance. Unless you're claiming that it randomly doesn't turn off Customizations when it's supposed to, this is how the feature has always worked.

The problem is rather when the Best Performance is turned back On, Customizations doesn't always toggle on as well (sometimes it does, sometimes not) . And I don't suppose that's intended.
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    xalticus wrote: »
    This has occurred to me twice now, both times while in Archosaur (On Raging Tides Server) I've gone to jump into the water, only to be treated to an infinite loop glitch of me getting just into the water and then falling, then back into the water, etc. The only way I have found to stop this is top exit to desktop, which is irritating to say the least. I can't even use the town portal as I'm technically in mid-air when the loop begins so I just endlessly repeat this action.

I've also noticed I glitch more often - especially when landing after flying. I deal with it getting back on the wings/flyer and getting off again (sometimes moving away abit from the spot I glitched in).
  • DomNatrixxx - Sanctuary
    DomNatrixxx - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I Teleported back to raging tides city, but somehow I got stuck underneath the teleporter. I can't click on her to teleport myself back up, I can't click the teleport crystal, and I can't select any other players. I'm litterally stuck underneath everyone. Its been a whole day and I've been trying to fix it on my own. Well I guess Its time I ask for some help! :) I took a pic so you could see what I mean. Any help at all would be a blessing :) . Thank you.

23rqu76.jpg
    b:cute Proud Tideborn b:cute

..::..I could've eaten Alphabits and crapped out a better post!..::..
  • IrishPain - Heavens Tear
    IrishPain - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm having issues with some skins disappearing on certain mounts and weapons. Sometimes they appear normal and sometimes the don't.

My system:

Windows 7 x64 bit
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 545 Processor 3.00 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Card
    4 GB RAM

Here is an example image of the textures that are missing. As you can see, the glowing effects are still there, but the weapon itself is not. This also happens with Wings of the Seraphim for the Cleric, and the PWI Anniversary Mount.

Oddly enough, I never had these issues when I was using Wine with Arch Linux.

http://img829.imageshack.us/i/20100821102932.jpg/
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I asked around in my faction so I know I wasn't going crazy, but the escape key to cancel skill channeling, or get out of the teleportation map is wonky. As in it won't escape right away. It's been happening since last patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Trying to repair gear at Jewelcraftsman(s) only gives "Service unavailable" message.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Since the new UI update I have had some strange behavior witch I suspect are related to rubber banding.

So I was killing a few Blazing Guardian and cast a heal spell after it was dead and my skill got interrupted. This happened a few time, one of then I Screen shot because I had time to move around 15 meter and pick the treasure and then cast and got interrupted casting.... is there a flag that don't get reset after the mob die.

Pic 1

Pic 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.