Strangest Builds--

13»

Comments

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Response to OP > About 3 yrs ago I made a Heavy Veno. (other version) & she started out in Heavy Armor & had only 1-2 Magic Skill (rest fox form skills). I did not know I make her Robe, level to 90 THEN restat/armor her into Heavy.... Others were doing this so.. She is still level 45.

All in all - I now prefer the Robe Veno.

Just restatted the wifes lvl 94 veno to use my old TT90 heavy armor. With cleric buffs she has 16k phys def in Fox Form (gave me the excuse to lvl up all those fox form skills I ignored). Yea, my damage is down (not nerfed, just down a bit) but I still have enough mag to wear the 80 weps right now, and can still more than adequately heal my herc thru any bosses I should be able to @ my lvl.

Yea, It's a toy - but it's nice to self-bramble and tank.

If only Bloodpaint worked on Venos ;(

Red

\a few more lvls will get me back into 90 weapons
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Foxcreature - Harshlands
    Foxcreature - Harshlands Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    A level 90 something heavy armor cleric in OHT HA armor weilding TT90 AXES. Not a magic weap. AXES!

lmfao, cleric using TT90 axesb:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]/Fox\-8x-cleric-main
    foxcreature-3x-veno-forum char
    StealthDemon-3x-sin-alt
    NoctusPsy-2x-psy-alt
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    HA Cleric. It's one of those unconventional builds that can actually work very well.

Hellish - LC

7.4k hp
    10k matk
    7.3k mdef self buffed
    9k pdef self buffed

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6281/hellish.jpg

Too bad, she kinda quit.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    That 1 weird sin Morty was the one who said "HA sin build is better then pure dex build".

Really? I said this?...stop talking out your ****
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Oh, how the pot calls the kettle black indeed.....

I hate to say this, but Tweakz is correct....LA is terrible armor. Everybody and their mother's uncle's cousin's doctor's plumber's nephew's best friend's girlfriend's brother knows that LA classes are very squishy people indeed.
  • Godz_Raven - Harshlands
    Godz_Raven - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Dollar for dollar, coin for coin: LA is fail for wiz, cleric, veno, etc. You can cover up a lot of flaws by throwing money at them.

personally im more of a fan of aracane venos but LA aint that bad
    A venos job on tw is mostly debuff/amp barbs and sen nix/bee at clerigs if the they go lA they got better Phisical def also a bit more hp from the LA gear since gives more hp when refined if this veno is concentrating on a supor roll and properly doint their job in a tw LA makes thenm harder to killl . althouth it aint my favorite build. i do think it aint that bad . No stupid comments plz lets be polite and civilized ppl this is just my personal opinion thanks GL HFb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    LA Veno isn't all that strange. It still allows good access to skills and made some degree of sense until higher levels. It's outdated I suppose, but not really strange.

The strange builds for veno were one of the original heavy veno builds and bowamancer. Why was the HA build strange? Well, it used dual axes. Not the HA+Mag combo seen today. I don't think I need to explain bowamancers. >.>
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Oh I just saw that from another thread lol. I honestly thought they were telling the truth.b:chuckle

Oh yeah, I heard you killed your BH squad earlier.
    LA Veno isn't all that strange. It still allows good access to skills and made some degree of sense until higher levels. It's outdated I suppose, but not really strange.

The strange builds for veno were one of the original heavy veno builds and bowamancer. Why was the HA build strange? Well, it used dual axes. Not the HA+Mag combo seen today. I don't think I need to explain bowamancers. >.>

LA veno isn't strange, it just seems to be the worst build out of the 3 armors. HA is so the veno can DD with a melee weapon. Since veno debuffs and herc are the main point of a veno, the high magic attack doesn't seem useful. AA veno is still has it's damage. LA just evens out the damage, which is not really needed.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Oh I just saw that from another thread lol. I honestly thought they were telling the truth.b:chuckle

20 bucks that it was him bragging about doing so.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    20 bucks that it was him bragging about doing so.

The guy posted on his alt complaining about him killing the whole squad. He said that the bh squad was taking a bit long, so *Mortyy* decides to leave the squad and kill them before he leaves instance.

You can find it in he General Discuzsion. Titled: "Who the hell does he think he is?"
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010

Lol its cool dude..but people just like to chat on. And yeah I did because I'm sure you know how annoying it is to be in a squad with idiots and zero communication
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Oh, how the pot calls the kettle black indeed.....

I hate to say this, but Tweakz is correct....LA is terrible armor. Everybody and their mother's uncle's cousin's doctor's plumber's nephew's best friend's girlfriend's brother knows that LA classes are very squishy people indeed.

Then its simple, dont roll a ****ing assassin.
  • Bryanshrimp - Lost City
    Bryanshrimp - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    HA Cleric. It's one of those unconventional builds that can actually work very well.

Hellish - LC

7.4k hp
    10k matk
    7.3k mdef self buffed
    9k pdef self buffed

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6281/hellish.jpg

Too bad, she kinda quit.

Yeah its a shame pip is gone. Ha ep does work really well, but its all in how you gear/stat- dont need crazy refines and shards if you do it right, and I've more than a few ppl tell me I heal better than pure aa eps they know, and I know a few to know alot of times i have better attack than vit arcane. Skill is a major thing most eps lack though, and without skill it doenst matter to me what kind of gear you put the ep in.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    At server start it was LA wizards who were completing gamma with me, and a pro light armor fox helping me do ancient evil.

Other venomancers were still dying to AE 6 months later, when ZuggZorr did awesome tanking him in fox.

A phschic went interval on our server, placed high on nien quest a few times, but mostly just realized it was fail, i mean hmm maybe he would be good at tanking things in white voodoo but thats about it. Black Voodoo < Spark dmg.

Personally i have a HA cleric in the works that i can stash my gear over too, hoping it will be a good tw build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010

...please tell this to all the archers that have tanked Belial/Steel/Emperor/Minister/Arma/various world bosses over the years. I'm sure they'll get a kick out of you calling them "squishy". b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ...please tell this to all the archers that have tanked Belial/Steel/Emperor/Minister/Arma/various world bosses over the years. I'm sure they'll get a kick out of you calling them "squishy". b:bye

If you throw enough coin into your toon; you can do lots of things with it. Why not compare: how much hp per vit do they get compared to a Barb or BM? When they put points in a stat for extra atk, does it boost a defense also like a mage, bm, or barb? -No: just evasion -woohoo. Evade does nothing for mag attacks, and won't keep you from getting 1-2 shot by a boss.

Many bosses including world bosses hit less frequently and at a small fraction at range allowing even a common free Venomancer pet to tank them or even me: a pure mag veno.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    If you throw enough coin into your toon; you can do lots of things with it. Why not compare: how much hp per vit do they get compared to a Barb or BM? When they put points in a stat for extra atk, does it boost a defense also like a mage, bm, or barb? -No: just evasion -woohoo. Evade does nothing for mag attacks, and won't keep you from getting 1-2 shot by a boss.

Many bosses including world bosses hit less frequently and at a small fraction at range allowing even a common free Venomancer pet to tank them or even me: a pure mag veno.

I ran into a LA barb the other day. Had 18k HP. gear was totally free, hand-downs from a Sin.

Your argument is moot, your relentless bickering on the forums is pointless.

And I SERIOUSLY doubt you could tank a World Boss using a 'free' pet, and survive it. Or do you do Harpy Wraith on a daily basis?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • FoxxyMaxx - Heavens Tear
    FoxxyMaxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Already having a lvl80+ LA veno with a coin-bought herc, for a bit of a challenge i created another veno to go HA/AA right from the start. A definite challenge but possible if you know what you're doing, and a great deal of fun to play, but i didnt expect it to go anywhere. Points were always extremely tight, but helped by trawling the AH for cheap gear with bonus points or -% req, and by planning ahead using PWCalc. I'm only rarely able to buy zhen, but even so, since lvl60 she's always been able to get her new weapons and HA/AA armour at the required level.

The build was going so well, that when she reached the same lvl as the LA veno, i sent the herc through the account stash. She got her TT90 HA and AA armour at 90, and also a denied fate, and was able to solo eden and brim just after. She's now 95, and still going strong, and on target to get tt99 gear at 99, sometimes using TT80 lion king axes just for fun. She's also just soloed 2-3 astral at the first attempt, after the rest of the squad left at soulripper.

50k+ mag crits? yup. 20k+ phys crits? yup. 34.7k PDef in an RB? yup. able to adapt to any situation? yup.
    ok .. so the damage is less than most, but does that really make her less effective as a squad member? i've not received any complaints yet, usually the opposite. And is she fun to play? HELL YES !!!! (and of course that's what really matters)
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Get a Nix, it fixes all the drawbacks of HA. Btw Nice necro.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    omfg, a LA wizard using fists? wow, thats a ton fer makin the rest of us LA wizards look like ****, not ta mention the rest of the LA magic users out there. trust me, not all LA wizards are like that, the HA ones are probly that stupid, however, there are some intelligent LA ones out there.

oh, and if LA wizards were a completely useless biuld, why the hell does it give us the ability to wear that armor type without compromising the level weapon we can use, and give use a skill like earth shield? plz, yall really think the skill that increases Pdef on a magic user class with the ability ta wear light armor is meant for an arcane armor user? don't make me laugh.

-Earthen barrier is designed for the LA wizard: think about it, why would you create a skill that can only be casted on yourself to increase the Pdef on arcane armor? even at max where it increases def by 100%, a 100% increase of arcane armor Pdef, is still, ****...

and the same holds true for the other shields...

-Glacial embrace is clearly designed for pure magic user wizards. clearly mp regain is what a pure magic user would want.

-Pyro shell, clearly designed for a suicide bomber biuld to make it less suicidal. and if ya dun know what i'm talkin bout, i mean a high vit biuld. i call it a suicide bomber biuld because that's what they do. high vit increases hp amount, and allows emberstorm to have a devistating effect, and the high hp regain and natural higher hp amount of that helps them be less suicidal in their bombings.

i'm not a fan of the pyro shell biuld personally, but it's there, and some can make it work. the pure mag biuld is obviously the most popular. the LA earthen barrier biuld works too tho, just the way it's designed to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • hugoredbone
    hugoredbone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    oh, and if LA wizards were a completely useless biuld, why the hell does it give us the ability to wear that armor type without compromising the level weapon we can use, and give use a skill like earth shield? plz, yall really think the skill that increases Pdef on a magic user class with the ability ta wear light armor is meant for an arcane armor user? don't make me laugh.

LA is not totally useless, it's just a much weaker build than arcane.

1)It greatly compromises your magic damage and defense. (3 less magic every 2 levels, 150 less magic at lvl 100)

2)Pdef stones in arcane armor more than makes up for the little pdef light armor gives, while socketing light armor with a mix of both doesn't yield the same results.

If sockets don't exist then maybe you would have more of a point, but right now arcane is the best build for pure casters like wiz.

This has been covered in probably hundreds of posts on this forum.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    sry to burst your bubble vodoo, but math says otherwise.. especially, on your level
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    5.0 fist mage, HA build with stone barrier b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    -Earthen barrier is designed for the LA wizard: think about it, why would you create a skill that can only be casted on yourself to increase the Pdef on arcane armor? even at max where it increases def by 100%, a 100% increase of arcane armor Pdef, is still, ****...
    Properly build endgame arcane wizard has Pdef equal to Mdef, around 10k fullbuffed. Might have even more Pdef than Mdef if decides to spend real cash on refines.
    -Glacial embrace is clearly designed for pure magic user wizards. clearly mp regain is what a pure magic user would want.
    Clearly, it's useful for both builds of wizards, even more for LA as their mana pool is much weaker and they need more spells to kill same mob compared to arcane.
    -Pyro shell, clearly designed for a suicide bomber biuld to make it less suicidal. and if ya dun know what i'm talkin bout, i mean a high vit biuld. i call it a suicide bomber biuld because that's what they do. high vit increases hp amount, and allows emberstorm to have a devistating effect, and the high hp regain and natural higher hp amount of that helps them be less suicidal in their bombings.

i'm not a fan of the pyro shell biuld personally, but it's there, and some can make it work. the pure mag biuld is obviously the most popular. the LA earthen barrier biuld works too tho, just the way it's designed to.
    There's no such thing as pyroshell build. If you leave SZ with pyroshell on then no matter what build you use, you will get oneshotted.

Going full vit just to use Emberstorm is a waste, that skill has 15 seconds cooldown and takes forever to charge, if you would try to actually use it you would probably get stunned and die. Even if you successfully pull it off, the damage would be nowhere as good as Barb's armageddon since wizard gets much less HP from Vit and refines.

LA armor build is acceptable below level 90, after 90 it's just weak.

You, sir, should start doing some reasearch before posting.
    Packs World International
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This thread has inspired me to roll an HA mage with a pure vit build and spam emberstorm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Closed for necro. b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.