[ Winter Beauty Contest: 2010 ]

Comments

• _JuJak_ - Heavens Tear
    _JuJak_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wish I submitted my char AFTER I applied few minor changes...
    I changed few things in color after I submitted for the contest and then remembered about the contest after....b:cry
    oh well, it was fun :D Everyone has really beautiful characters :)
    Dweller of Heaven's Tear~

ACTIVE : AkaiKagerou 101 Demon Assassin :: _Jibrille 8x Psychic :: _Arthuria_ 8x Seeker :: /JuJu\ lv 8x Mystic

MEOW MEOW MEOW~
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Grats to those that won :P My cleric was #11.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Grats everyone :) My cleric is too recognizable.

My issue - it was VERY obvious someone got their friends to vote for them in one of the contests. Won't say which though. <33
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kipitei - Raging Tide
    Kipitei - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Grats everyone :) My cleric is too recognizable.

My issue - it was VERY obvious someone got their friends to vote for them in one of the contests. Won't say which though. <33

Yeah i recognized her right away which is definitely not a bad thing though : D Its great to have a unique and recognizable char.

For the issue- I knew someone must have done that but i couldn't say it vas obvious at all...except 1.2 seems pretty weird since it has 40 more votes than any of the others :/
    Besides it ended already so I think we can speak freely now? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]
    Perfect noob
  • TresBelle - Raging Tide
    TresBelle - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The contest isn't exactly quite over just yet so it's best not to mention names of who won if you know them.

Anyway, I'm making votes public either way since a lot of people are saying stuff about some of the votes, which I understand, which is why I'm taking this course. I want to see if we get the same amount of votes. :)
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Good quality contest and glad it lasted to the end. But I feel I should throw my opinion in even though it was already stated. I really didn't like the public poll being the decision for voting the final winners. It really killed it for me looking at all the ridiculous numbers some people got. :I So I hope there's another option implemented for the next one if there will be one!

But thanks so much again Tres. Especially for stickin it out~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
    edited December 2010
    Good quality contest and glad it lasted to the end. But I feel I should throw my opinion in even though it was already stated. I really didn't like the public poll being the decision for voting the final winners. It really killed it for me looking at all the ridiculous numbers some people got. :I So I hope there's another option implemented for the next one if there will be one!

But thanks so much again Tres. Especially for stickin it out~

^^ Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of making a secondary winner that was my own personal choice but I think not to for fear people will think I am biased or whatever...which is really what I'm trying to avoid at all costs. X_x Do not like angry mobs, haha.

But yeah, there is definitely tons of room for improvement if there is going to be a second contest. To be honest, some people kind of made me upset with some of the comments and stuff and some folks saying rude things about other people...and even things not directly rude, but things that still should have been kept in either PMs or elsewhere...just not in my threads - I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a contest and as someone said before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and everyone has different tastes in what they find beautiful.

But enough of me complaining haha. I'm setting up the secondary round of polls and will put up links in the updates soon. :)

Edit: Here they are!
    [ Voting 2.1 ] [ Voting 2.2 ]
  • TrueAminta - Lost City
    TrueAminta - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    @kaena i would totally do so if i knew how

and @ kipitei ty so much ur to sweet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TrueAminta- healer, TrueNicor- psy, TrueAzaril- veno
    LostCity- Leader of EvilWithN
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Boo, cant believe 07 didnt get into the finals b:cry
    Prettiest char imo. (Or it might be that she could be my mains sister xD)
    Wonder who she is :p

Good job on the new public polls, but you might want to clarify..
    Its illegal to vote for yourself more than once but its okay to vote for others with 5 accounts? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
    edited December 2010
    ^^ Good point Myralis, I will hop to that right now!
  • /Kaena - Heavens Tear10
    /Kaena - Heavens Tear10 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    @kaena i would totally do so if i knew how

and @ kipitei ty so much ur to sweet

Your character really is quite pretty but I was teasing a little. b:cute

I really don't think you want a bunch of people running around in the game that look exactly like you.
    I still regret to this day posting my characters template for PW-MY...

If you would still like to know then it's really quite simple...

- First, you will need a makeover scroll (quite easy to obtain now with DQ pts)
    - Take the makeover scroll the the proper NPC located in Archosaur and use it.
    - While in the editing room you can press the save button and name it however you like.
    - Cancel the makeover process so you don't use up the scroll
    - Minimize or Close out of the game
    - Now you can either run a windows search for the file name you created or go into the PWI directory and find your character template in: C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\character\customize

and then go into the folder that corresponds to your character type as follows:

00 - Male Blademaster
    01 - Female Blademaster
    10 - Male Mage
    11 - Female Mage
    20 - Male Psychic
    21 - Female Psychic
    30 - Unused
    31 - Venomancer
    40 - Barbarian
    41 - Unused
    50 - Male Assassin
    51 - Female Assassin
    60 - Male Archer
    61 - Female Archer
    70 - Male Cleric
    71 - Female Cleric

In there you will find an .ini file with the name of whatever you used in the makeover room.
    This file contains all the data that makes your character unique.

It's a good idea to save your character template so you have it backed up if your the type of person
    that likes to change your look a lot and decide you might want to go back.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Be a bit careful there..
    Theoretically you shouldnt do anything in that folder ^.~
    ini files are a rather risky topic (aka editing in there could result in a ban), youre way safer off using the pic as reference and creating your own char. And you will also have your personal touch in it b:cute
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • /Kaena - Heavens Tear10
    /Kaena - Heavens Tear10 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Using other players ini files and placing them within the same directory they are intended for is not against the rules.

Moving an ini file from say tideborn to cleric to have a cleric with the tideborn hair is against the rules...
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Using other players ini files and placing them within the same directory they are intended for is not against the rules.

Moving an ini file from say tideborn to cleric to have a cleric with the tideborn hair is against the rules...

Unfortunately that's an uncertain topic as well. I also thought we could do this and share out presets, but verification from when I recently asked a customer service agent, they specifically said even moving files was not permitted.
  • /Kaena - Heavens Tear13
    /Kaena - Heavens Tear13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Pretty typical... GM's say one thing and Support (which from my experience are one in the same) can't keep things straight.

Figure out one rule, share it with one another and stick with it!

Which of course brings to mind, why even allow the settings to be saved if not allowed to share/backup...
  • Kipitei - Raging Tide
    Kipitei - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Unfortunately that's an uncertain topic as well. I also thought we could do this and share out presets, but verification from when I recently asked a customer service agent, they specifically said even moving files was not permitted.

I don't see a reason why we should care. They will have No way of telling whether you saved that preset yourself or copied from someone else. They can only ban you if you use a tb hair on humans etc because thats visible to other people and can be considered unintended. However i think its the game's flaw and not the players. Its like saying "hey if you walk to this spot in game you get 1mil free coins. But don't do that you will get banned. IF we catch you."

Either fix it so its not possible to use hairs that dont belong to the class but still be able to modify the ini files, or make an easier way to save and transfer presets. But its idiotic to punish players for your own shortcomings. I believe the way the ini files are stored and are so simple to edit is intentional. But thats of course not pwi's decision if the original devs intended it that way.

Huge offtopic sorry -.-
    [SIGPIC]
    Perfect noob
  • TrueAminta - Lost City
    TrueAminta - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    o.o wow it went way off topic hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TrueAminta- healer, TrueNicor- psy, TrueAzaril- veno
    LostCity- Leader of EvilWithN
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't see a reason why we should care. They will have No way of telling whether you saved that preset yourself or copied from someone else. They can only ban you if you use a tb hair on humans etc because thats visible to other people and can be considered unintended. However i think its the game's flaw and not the players. Its like saying "hey if you walk to this spot in game you get 1mil free coins. But don't do that you will get banned. IF we catch you."

Either fix it so its not possible to use hairs that dont belong to the class but still be able to modify the ini files, or make an easier way to save and transfer presets. But its idiotic to punish players for your own shortcomings. I believe the way the ini files are stored and are so simple to edit is intentional. But thats of course not pwi's decision if the original devs intended it that way.

Huge offtopic sorry -.-

It's a huge reply, skip it if you're not interested in this off topic xD

=========================================================

I remember reading way when PWI first started that you could indeed share presets with others (just not modify them). Don't know why they changed it, if they did. Most likely with the TB expansion, just stating that moving race specific files is allowed would create too much bickering over details and such they decided to just disallow it altogether. That doesn't mean I can't name many that still do it :P

I just use mine for future reference when I change my own characters. Also said in the same reply that it wasn't a major offense. I wish they would hurry up and let people do it like the other servers.

As for modifying files:

If you ever tried messing around with the ini files or gaming files, you might understand why they wouldn't encourage it for a gaming population that isn't generally familiar with scripting. You'd get people doing it, messing it up, and then sending multiple tickets about it. The new classes, specifically, use a different template for their body, so for example even if you were to move a human preset to the TB or Earthguard folder, the texture file can't be executed and you get... well, mainly see through character.

Also if you start allowing edits for one particular area of the game folders, there's no saying others will use that chance to mod some of the other folders as well (speed hacks, etc, etc).

I don't think it's a game flaw, and its simplicity doesn't necessarily mean that it encourages the sharing of them. Usually any older game with personalized data created them in a separate files and stored them in specific folders. Editing game files or presets was started by players, because they found out they could do it. It's not a shortcoming, rather I'd think it's an exploitation in part of the players that went off to find out how to "****" the games.

A friend of mine tried using a preset from a CN server recently and said it wouldn't work, then I saw another person that recently got TB hair on their veno so, idk if they fixed it or not.

Btw, not everyone gets banned for using TB hair on non-TB and TB with non-TB hair (seen too many people with it for a long time so I'm guessing they were let off or not reported). I'm beginning to wonder if they've become lax with it.

=========================================================

Yay for round 2! So intense xD Good luck to all 4!
  • Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    really nice contest since it's almost over, what does the winner get? b:victory Good luck to the last 2. b:pleased the 2 I voted for xD
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Those polls are closed, so what happens now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • /Kaena - Heavens Tear14
    /Kaena - Heavens Tear14 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Round 3! b:victory
  • AlteredFate - Heavens Tear
    AlteredFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Round 3! b:victory

hopefully? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]http://i52.tinypic.com/2zsqx50.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Susylu ♥☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆♥ Teny
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    b:sadb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • /Kaena - Heavens Tear15
    /Kaena - Heavens Tear15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hopefully Tres is just merely on holiday leave still.
    Please don't leave us hanging b:surrender
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    b:infuriated bump for justice!!! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • MaiteaRynn - Heavens Tear
    MaiteaRynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Guess this just totally died out huh?

...bummer
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    fail b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Darnit! Why did this die? b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    b:cry WTB finished contest!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    TBF though i kinda lost interest when i saw that a Preset had got into the final two. still woulda been interesting to see who people actually chose.. preset or original char..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart