[ Winter Beauty Contest: 2010 ]

TresBelle - Raging Tide
TresBelle - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
edited January 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
>
2ldkpph.png
Updates wrote:
December 20, 2010: Finished setting up semi-finalist round. You can find the links here: [ Voting 2.1 ] [ Voting 2.2 ] - Good luck you four!
December 12, 2010: Finished making all the displays...now time to make the polls! Edit: Voting has now been set up! You may go there by following these links: [ Voting 1.1 ] [ Voting 1.2 ] [ Voting 1.3 ] [ Voting 1.4 ] - Good luck to everyone! Voting ends next Sunday on December 19th!
December 2, 2010: Deadline is now extended from Dec. 3 to Dec. 10!
November 4, 2010: Made images to make the contest look a little more appealling and hopefully make the wall of text look less intimidating. XD
November 3, 2010: Ok, after losing the layout and original text nine billion times, I decided to try again...only this time, I am remembering to leave another copy up in like Notepad or something.
Hello!

I will be hosting a beauty contest for anyone and everyone of all shapes, size, and race! In the past there were a couple other beauty contests held and it was unfortunate that they were either incomplete or had to be closed down due to people being downright rude. But because of them, I am inspired and I am determined to make this contest work and finish with a winner declared to be the most beautiful of Perfect World!

While I intend to make this contest as fun and fair as possible, I need everyone to bear with me with all the strictness I intend to incorporate in the rules and such. I will be very picky with a lot of things but it is all for a good cause or reason. If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to browse the FAQs or ask any questions here in the thread or PM.

threadrules.png
  • Please be polite and refrain from being rude. If you have any snarky comments you absolutely feel is necessary to tell someone, go tell it somewhere else like in PMs or something. I want this thread clean and fun. I am a host of a contest, not your mother or referee.
  • Ignore all trolls and people who lack respect. These type of people are fueled by your anger. The best way to deal with them is to simply ignore them. If someone is causing such an uproar, then I will put in a request to remove their posts that are causing problems.
  • Do not post your entries in this thread! This is for a good reason which may or may not be explained later. However, you can post other pictures of your character here if you want to. Instructions on how to submit your entry is explained further down this post.
  • Please keep suggestions and criticism away. I want to attempt running the contest my way as it is now. When it is all over and done with, I will gladly accept any suggestions to make things better if there is a next time again for another contest. If you do not like it, then by all means, please make your own contest.

basiccontestcriteria.png
  • Please, no Barbarians! While you may be the most handsome fuzzy in all of Perfect World, you lack the variety in the customization department.
  • Only ONE set for ONE character. You may have a slew of characters or designs you want to enter but I am asking for only one set of photos for one character only. Not only will it help me keep things organized but it give everyone an equal shot at winning. If you entered 3 characters, then other people will have to enter the same amount for equal chance. So please choose wisely on which design you want to enter!
  • No "****" characters. If you character has edited gigantic **** or has hair that belongs to another race, please do not enter...unless you planned on being banned.
  • No fashion or armor showing! We are judging you on how you look, not the fashion you wear on your back. In my eyes, some armors, even starter ones, look better than others. So to make this fair, only the plain, white basic set everyone has (the white tube top/pants for girls and white shorts for boys) is allowed. However, you are allowed to use wigs/hair fashion.
  • All entries are due December 10, 2010, 11:59 PM. Deadline has been extended from December 3 because of my absence.

setrequirements.png
  • 1 full-face headshot, shoulders up; [ Example ]
  • 1 sideview headshot, shoulders up; [ Example ]
  • 1 full body profile; [ Example ]
  • 1 screenshot with User Interface showing; [ Example ]
Post edited by TresBelle - Raging Tide on

Comments

• TresBelle - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    otherrequirements.png
    • No posing or emotes or using skills in your screenshots. Just stand still.
    • Remove your name from above your character's head in your screenshots. If you do not know how to do this, please refer to the FAQs.
    • Please remove weapons.
    • Try to avoid letting your genie or cultivation faerie get in the way.
    • Please be the only person in your screenshot.

submittingyourentry.png
    • When submitting your entry, please do not post them in the thread. Instead, PM it to me.
    • Send direct links to your screenshots. With those links, please also provide the name of your main character and your server.
    • Do not edit them with any graphics program nor crop them. When it comes time to judge, I will crop them all myself so all entries look the same.
    • Please make sure before sending your entry that the screenshots and information you provided is absolutely what you intend to send. You will not be allowed to make adjustments or changes later. I plan on storing and organizing everything as I get them.
    • If for some reason your screenshots do not meet all the requirements, I will send a reply to you telling you what is wrong and you have until the deadline of the contest to make corrections. Please do not make a new PM- just reply to the current one.
    • If you plan on opting out of the contest, please make sure to do so before the deadline of December 3, 2010.

judgmentday.png
    • Each entry will be supplied it's own number. For example, the first entry submitted to me will be given number "1", the second entry will get number "2", and so on.
    • Depending on the number of entries received will depend on how many numbers will be randomly drawn to be put into a group poll. For example, if there are 20 submissions, I may randomly draw five numbers for four different polls. You will never know who you will be up against.
    • The PW community will have one week to vote their favorite beauty from the polls. After that, the winners from each group poll will be placed in another poll, and if necessary, depending on how many entries are submitted, there may be several more polls to go through to help narrow things down. Either way, it will keep going until there is one winner. Please note that it could take weeks to a couple months to declare a winner.
    • The contestants in the polls will not have their names revealed, hence the reason why I have included in the rules to leave out your name in the screenshots. They will only be matched up by the number given to them upon submission. This is hopefully to help eliminate the "popularity" contest people always complain about.
    • It is asked that if you recognize yourself or someone in the poll that you please keep the name to yourself and not reveal the identity. As stated previously, this is hopefully to help eliminate making this a "popularity" contest.
    • When there is one final contestant standing with the most votes, I will then reveal their name and crown them the Most Beautiful of Perfect World. (Hopefully they will still be playing the game by then depending how long this will run.)

winnersloot.png
    I honestly have not a clue on what to do for prizes yet but I am thinking of a grand prize for the winner in the polls and thinking of a runner-up prize for someone I personally choose. Even though in rules I stated that I would appreciate feedback and such AFTER the contest is over, I will gladly accept suggestions as to what to do with dishing out prizes.
    Question: How do I send my set to you?
    Answer: You can send it to me through the Private Message system. Either click on Private Message at the top of this page or go directly here and type TresBelle (select the one that comes up with Raging Tide) and write in your message and set from there!
    Question: Why only one set and one character?
    Answer: It is so that way it's easier for me to set everything up and also so that way everyone has a chance to win. If you submitted 2 or 3 sets, that means other people will have to send in 2 or 3 sets to even have a chance.
    Question: Where can I upload my images?
    Answer: Popular choices is going to Photobucket and setting up an account there or you can go to ImageShack or TinyPic.
    Question: Why can't I edit or crop my images? What if it's too big?
    Answer: I don't want you to edit it because not everyone has fantastic PhotoShop skills and it keeps things fair. And it's OK if it is too big because either way I'm going to be the one cropping it and fitting all your images together into one.
    Question: I know this isn't your main...so why hide behind an alt?
    Answer: I'm glad you asked. I made this character and account for many reasons. Since no one will be able to figure out who I am, no one can "Oh, he/she did this because he/she knows this person!" or blah blah. Also, it's so that way should one of you geniuses decide to try to harass me in-game...well...you can't. :P Just to name a few reasons.
    Question: This is a copy of BeingHope's contest!
    Answer: Actually, while I did take bits and pieces from her contest, I did ask her permission if I could. I feel wrong otherwise if I took someone else's ideas.
    Question: So why make a contest?
    Answer: I don't know. I guess boredom partly and also because I was inspired by BeingHope's contest and was sad that people bashed her through her efforts. I am also wondering if I can hold one after all the pressure she's been through. Strange reasons, I know.
    Question: Do I have to take my photos in a specific place?
    Answer: No, you don't have to but just remember, everyone will (and should be) judging your character's look...not the scenery. Besides, if someone started a level 1 character specifically for this contest, it's possible they cannot access a specific area.
    Question: RAWR NOOO. WHY NO BARBS?!
    Answer: I'm sorry but it's just barbarians are lacking when it comes to customizations. Blame the PW devs, haha.
    Question: Why so many rules?
    Answer: This is to help keep things going smoothly, I hope. Also, anyone that isn't serious about this wouldn't bother submitting and that should, hopefully, help weed out all the bad people from taking interest. If that made sense.
    Question: Why do I have to remove my name? And how do you do it?
    Answer: Removing the name will help people have a harder time identifying you and will thus make the contest be a little fair to everyone so it doesn't become a popularity contest. While some people may still be recognized anyway, it may help a little. As to how you do it is very simple: while ingame, on the bottom lefthand corner of your chatbox you will see little 3x3 squares. Click on that and your Game settings will pop up. Click on the UI tab. Once there, uncheck the box with "My Name" next to it and apply!
    Question: How do I take a screenshot?
    Answer: There are two ways you can take a screenshot. Firstly if you want to remove the UI, you can press ALT+H and it will remove it. Then you can simply hit "Print Screen" on your keyboard. The alternative way is to hit F9 on your keyboard. A little window will pop up and you can hit the Print Screen button on there. You will also have the option to remove or add the UI in that window.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol, if you're copy/pasting from something else you might need to remove any symbols, apostrophes (looks like that's where your post went wrong) or quotation marks first. You can add them back in afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
    edited November 2010
    Oooh. o_o Very strange it does that. I will take your advice! Thanks. ^^

Edit: Thanks Dyskrasia! It did end up working! Had to remove all the ... and the ' that stupid Word changed on me. ): But it worked nevertheless! Thanks so much again!

Arghhh dangit! It messed up again. e_e and now I gotta rewrite everything.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Following the title of this thread... I have to say that... you're... amazing. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:surrender not to be negative or anything but id say dont try, bc the trolls of this forum with tear you down like they did hope, it was rude and mean and should not have been done but it was. the last 2 beauty contests that were held failed because of trolling and rl issues so, again not trying to be negative i would love to participate but, it might not turn out well and you might get overwhelmed with everything. just a heads up, if you are holding it tho im so entering b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    All I have to say, good luck.
    Feel free to PM me whenever if you have issues.
    My regards and two cents :)
    *smiles*
    Hope
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
    edited November 2010
    Ok, I finally gathered up the motivation to rewrite my wall of text after losing it 3847928 times. This time, I remember to make a backup file elsewhere on my computer.

KuiXing: Yeah, I know, but I plan on feeding them to the Mods and GMs if they harass to much...which I hope they will be human enough to at least give a little bit of common courtesy...but I think I'm wishing and asking for too much. And if the Mods/GMs don't respond...well, I guess I'll have to keep pushing them to do their job, lol, until they get irritated by my persistence.

Hope: Thank you! I'm really excited and happy and a little nervous because I know I have a bunch of work ahead of me...but I'm ready for it! :)
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Can't avoid the cliche on this one.

"Third time's the charm."
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Best of luck to you Tres, it looks pretty well thought out :) maybe I'll give this one a shot xD

PS Good idea making an alt - although that still won't keep you from having a bias on people you know probably b:laugh
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The trolls can suck it if they get their slimy mitts in this contest, and I too will actively report their sorry behinds.b:angry

But I'm so participating in this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
    edited November 2010
    Best of luck to you Tres, it looks pretty well thought out :) maybe I'll give this one a shot xD

PS Good idea making an alt - although that still won't keep you from having a bias on people you know probably b:laugh
    ;) That's why there are going to be two winners - one the community chooses through polls and one that I will pick myself.

There may be more depending how things go so we shall see!
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The trick is in not letting people run all over you. lol. Seems like it could work this time, there will be skeptics no matter what you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Think I'll enter this one. Your posts are very pretty btw :P

You said we aren't allowed to use fashion - does hair count?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm going for it! I like the anonymity rules, that will definitely help out a lot with flaming and whatnot. Gonna go take my pics now! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • MorningGlory - Raging Tide
    MorningGlory - Raging Tide Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ohhh I believe I will enter this one ^.^ it looks very structured nice job b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Born on DreamWeaver. Raised on Raging Tides.
    Vacation on Archosaur. Hiding in Momaganon.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm going for this one, I think it takes guts to create another one of these after seeing what happened to the one Hope made, good work on your part :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
    edited November 2010
    Think I'll enter this one. Your posts are very pretty btw :P

You said we aren't allowed to use fashion - does hair count?

You are allowed to use hair. I'll try to clarify my post better when I get home. :)

Thank you all for your kind words! I definitely have no plans to have anyone ruin this. Even if they try, they won't win! :p
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The trick is in not letting people run all over you. lol. Seems like it could work this time, there will be skeptics no matter what you do.

This.

I'm so glad to see another attempt at the contest as well. I believe Hope was doing very well but the trolls just became overwhelming. Good luck Tres and don't let anyone get you too down! b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'll enter again as well. Need to make a new set of screens though since the ones I made for Hope's won't quite work according to the rules. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited November 2010
    I'll enter again as well. Need to make a new set of screens though since the ones I made for Hope's won't quite work according to the rules. XD

b:surrender Sorry about that. :( But I'm glad you will be entering!

Looking forward to gathering everyone's entry!
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Already entered mine. :)

Also, a good place for nice screen shots for those of you 89+ is heaven, there are some really nice places in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

edited November 2010
    Ok, I made a layout sorta of how I'm piecing your screenshots together. Kinda looks sloppy or too overdone so I will most likely edit it later on.

29ft24l.png

Basically thinking of a pinkish border around the pictures for girls and a blueish border for the boys. And if you're wondering what the 00. stands for, that is where your number is going to be...and since the girl shown above is just an example, she's given number 00. :P

Let me know what you think!
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    can i just post pics and not edit? bc i fail at it xDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
    edited November 2010
    can i just post pics and not edit? bc i fail at it xDD

~I've stated in rule thingie somewhere in that wall o'text that I would like your screenshots PMed to me unedited. I'll do all the cropping and stuff so you won't have to. :P
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    oooh o.o; -rereads the wall o' text-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i have a question. are tehre any rules abotu WHERE u can take it? only to me...it doesnt seem fair that like higher lvls can use heaven to take their pics or like peopel who have wings can get to higher places easier and theres some real pretty places that are up high too. OBV people are gonna think their pics are a lot prettier. will there be like a set background they have to be against?
    like grass or soemthing? if not i dont mind theres plenty of pretty places i can take my screenshots but it kinda feels a lil like cheating xd. whut bout those who are lvl 20 and are stuck round arch? lol

Sorry if i seem like im B1tching just wanted to see whether you had thought of this
    |BTW i think this was a very wel structured thread bravo i think i will deffy be entering one of my chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Dorset, there lots of nice places to take pictures even around all the lvl 1 areas. I'd suggest somewhere near the water. :)

Also, to Tres, I'd suggest for the picture layout, all the white you have as the border maybe make it all pink/blue shades instead to make it more uniform. I really like it already though. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Questions :

Would you like the screenshots with or without soften? Soften on especially in the light makes a character glow more and often hides some features making them look different/prettier in most cases...

Also, if we decide to use hair fashion, can we use a different hair per screenshot (like pony on the side shot and thunder on the front for example) or will it be best to just use one for all?

And finally - for the actual screenshots, can we change the angle a bit on the shots like 3 quarter view, tilted a bit upwards, etc etc or does it have to be direct front view and side view?

Thanks b:thanks
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i have a question. are tehre any rules abotu WHERE u can take it? only to me...it doesnt seem fair that like higher lvls can use heaven to take their pics or like peopel who have wings can get to higher places easier and theres some real pretty places that are up high too. OBV people are gonna think their pics are a lot prettier. will there be like a set background they have to be against?
    like grass or soemthing? if not i dont mind theres plenty of pretty places i can take my screenshots but it kinda feels a lil like cheating xd. whut bout those who are lvl 20 and are stuck round arch? lol

Sorry if i seem like im B1tching just wanted to see whether you had thought of this
    |BTW i think this was a very wel structured thread bravo i think i will deffy be entering one of my chars

I think I'll actually take mine around the starter area for the elves. It's really pretty there. And I like the light it gives my toon.

Anyway, I think this is really nice and structured and I will most defiantly join. Good luck, hopefully you won't be killed by trolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
    edited November 2010
    Dorset: Bishing? Not at all! I did actually consider making everyone have a set background, say, like against a plain wall or as you said, grass. I already have a couple of entries and I would think it would be unfair if I changed the rules right now and make them redo their screenshots. However, if there is a next time for another contest, I'll be sure to use that as a rule. But, with the way it seems that I'll be using a template thing and crop all the pictures, what you want to show in the background may or may not show anyway.

Jellytoast: I will actually try that out and also see what it'll look like as a single solid color. Thanks!

Susylu: You can use soften if you like. While some people may not be using that option, if their screenshots appear too "sharp" and stuff when it comes cropping time, I will possibly soften it just enough to make everything look nearly the same. As for the hair, I prefer that you use only one hairstyle to keep things uniform. For the angles, while I would prefer it is the same as shown in the examples, it's okay if you change the angles up a bit as long as you get the general requirements.