[ Winter Beauty Contest: 2010 ]

Comments

• iheart4h
    iheart4h Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Let me start by saying, this was so very well put together. Great job Tres!

Now, as soon as I get this game installed, I will definately be entering this contest. I'm so excited :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so very much to the wonderful Dorset for my signature!

I haven't yet installed the game, but this community seems so lovely, I can hardly wait!
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    it wont be killed by trolls dw we shall b1tchslap the trolls

and thanks i was just checking really i have a few real nice places i wanna take my pictures...the question is WHERE b:chuckle

cant wait xd

awww Iheart4u has one of my sigs as her first pwi fprums sig XD yaaaay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ooh, another good idea for you Dorset is the floating temple above arrowhead manor. :) It's really nice if you turn on some graphics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    I already knw where imma take my pics i was just mentioning it for people who dont have wings or whater and who are lower lvl or dont know the map that well thats all i play on full graphics and ive been playing over a year so its not really an issue to me >.> Thx though jelly xd

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
  • TresBelle - Raging Tide
    TresBelle - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    So decided to make the borders all white and stuff but thinking of changing it to a light gray so that way the white isn't blinding against the dark forum background.

Heck, still might even change the entire design still, I'm not sure.

9lde7n.png

Wad'ya think?
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    dont change the desiiigns.....i mean for boys you could flip the image and make it pale blue and for the girls maybe you could leave it white or do parts of it pale pink to make them all 3d looking?

yup guys imma back!

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Susylu: You can use soften if you like. While some people may not be using that option, if their screenshots appear too "sharp" and stuff when it comes cropping time, I will possibly soften it just enough to make everything look nearly the same. As for the hair, I prefer that you use only one hairstyle to keep things uniform. For the angles, while I would prefer it is the same as shown in the examples, it's okay if you change the angles up a bit as long as you get the general requirements.

Thank you for your answers b:victory I won't be using soften for sure, I don't like it too much now xD

I'll send you my entry soon - so if I read correctly, if the screenshots don't really meet your requirements we are allowed to send you new ones that do? Or will it disqualify us b:surrender
    edited November 2010
    Thank you for your answers b:victory I won't be using soften for sure, I don't like it too much now xD

I'll send you my entry soon - so if I read correctly, if the screenshots don't really meet your requirements we are allowed to send you new ones that do? Or will it disqualify us b:surrender

Oh no! If your screenshots don't meet the requirements, I will send a reply back in PM stating what is wrong and you, of course, will be allowed to send in corrections. You will know that you are accepted if I haven't sent you a PM within 24 hours or so (I'll be checking PMs and this thread everyday). Only if you are accepted will you not be allowed to send in new ones. Does that make any sense? XD
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Oh no! If your screenshots don't meet the requirements, I will send a reply back in PM stating what is wrong and you, of course, will be allowed to send in corrections. You will know that you are accepted if I haven't sent you a PM within 24 hours or so (I'll be checking PMs and this thread everyday). Only if you are accepted will you not be allowed to send in new ones. Does that make any sense? XD

Makes perfect sense :) Thank you thank you b:thanks
    edited November 2010
    C'mon ladies and gents! Only like 7 entries! I want MORE.

b:cry
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Why hasn't anyone entered? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Marian_anna - Heavens Tear
    Marian_anna - Heavens Tear Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Does the UI also have to be fashion less? Because if it doesn't I can enter right away and if it has to be the plain white set I'll still enter but in a few days later ^^
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    C'mon ladies and gents! Only like 7 entries! I want MORE.

I'm working on it. Haven't decided if I want to take them in Plume again or to just go into Abaddon and do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:surrender i cant decide on where to take my pictures b:cry

b:question ideas?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    b:surrender i cant decide on where to take my pictures b:cry

b:question ideas?

Hmmm. Try the Sanctuary area, or maybe the waterfall in the Tideborn area. Kinda depends on the look your character has. But water is always nice. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    o: ty, imma try that after i finish my homework xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
    edited November 2010
    Does the UI also have to be fashion less? Because if it doesn't I can enter right away and if it has to be the plain white set I'll still enter but in a few days later ^^
    Since I'm going to be the only one seeing the one with the UI (it's only so it's to verify it's your character), it doesn't have to be fashionless. That's a good question! I'll add it to my FAQs later. :)

Eoria: Abaddon would be nice...just how far are you willing to go to get to the perfect spot for your character? :P Unless, of course, it'll be easy to do after a BH or FB or something, haha.

Also...I still need ideas for prizes! I'll feel horrible if there weren't any prizes. I could draw but I am so rusty on that it's ridiculous. ): And, I don't mind giving out some gold/cash shop prizes either. I'm flexible. :)
    edited November 2010
    :( I know I'm double posting but I 'm doing this to hopefully bump this up so it can get the attention of other people.

At the moment, there are nine entries.

Hopefully by December 3rd, there will be a whole lot more!

b:cute

Also, interestingly enough, as many Raging Tide people there are...I have ZERO entries from people on that server. o.o; That and Harshlands...
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    :(

Maybe people are just bidding their time b:surrender

I hope you get more entries, you put effort into this, but it might just be that since the previous two didn't end well, people just gave up any interest in such contests.
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well we have a whole month left! Maybe some people will come around, especially since Thanksgiving/Winter breaks will be coming up soon.

If not, it'd still be cool to hold this competition to the end (maybe prizes not as serious, or expensive, or something) and then try another one later. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
    edited November 2010
    Maybe people are just bidding their time b:surrender

I hope you get more entries, you put effort into this, but it might just be that since the previous two didn't end well, people just gave up any interest in such contests.
    That's a possibility...but if they are waiting to launch their entries at me at all once, it would be really inconvenient for me. x___________x" Especially since I'm trying to work with everything as I get them instead of waiting the last second to do it. I learned from High School about doing late projects...xD Never did too successful with those.

I truly hope no one is really discouraged about what happened to the last two contests...unfortunate things happen all the time whether from real life or people being meanies over the Internet and so on, but I don't plan on letting it get to me! Even if I'm only given 9 entries, the show will still go on!!

b:victory

Llux: Yeah, still have quite a bit of time left. Maybe I should have given a longer deadline or something? But then I was afraid people would quit just in case PW decides to throw some funky update at us that some people would disagree with. :( Just a little disappointing because there is like 1k+ views on this thread, haha. Oh well. I guess this time I get to learn the beauty of patience!

Speaking of prizes...I still have no idea what to do! Could always resort to just simple gold prizes...or...dust off my drawing stuff and attempt to do that. :P Would give examples but I'm afraid that would give me away!
  • Aliceaelin - Sanctuary
    Aliceaelin - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Also...I still need ideas for prizes! I'll feel horrible if there weren't any prizes. I could draw but I am so rusty on that it's ridiculous. ):

Maybe...
    lolmisspwi.jpg
    I'm sorry for that, I was bored b:avoid

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AliceAelin.deviantart.com
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I keep forgetting to do this! I'll try to send something in this weekend.
    Not sure about prizes. If you like drawing, I think making a signature for the winner/runner ups would be nice, and maybe something larger like a desktop background that they could use. I know I'd personally like that lol. If that's too time consuming... well... everybody loves gold. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    I'm sorry for that, I was bored b:avoid

b:laugh

Not sure about the dress but I'd kill for that crown b:laugh
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    DUDE. Yeah I'm totally for that dress hahahaha~ So pretty!

Do what ever prizes you're capable of Tres, and what is least stressful. <3

Edit: AND HECK YES ONE PIGMENT TO DYE. Lol that would be the best fashion ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    DUDE. Yeah I'm totally for that dress hahahaha~ So pretty!

Do what ever prizes you're capable of Tres, and what is least stressful. <3

I'd love it if it actually emitted that kind of golden glow around it. We need more animated fashion, like how the Shining Feather set sparkles or the shoes are a wanna be fountain kinda thing.

I don't have any ideas on rewards, but perhaps if you decide one yourself asap people might be more inclined to enter depending on what it is? b:question
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    I'm not really after the rewards so whatever you choose would be fitting I think.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    i WILL be entering a char xd only slight hiccup is i cant access the game till next weekend. i asked my hubby to use my makeover scroll to tweak her nose extension a lil yesterday and he accidently hit confirm instead of printing a screenshot for me (yes more...extend a lil more...no less...) WHILST SHE WAS BALD. not best pleased xd i think he might enter one of his too xd so that will be two :O

yup guys imma back!

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    i WILL be entering a char xd only slight hiccup is i cant access the game till next weekend. i asked my hubby to use my makeover scroll to tweak her nose extension a lil yesterday and he accidently hit confirm instead of printing a screenshot for me (yes more...extend a lil more...no less...) WHILST SHE WAS BALD. not best pleased xd i think he might enter one of his too xd so that will be two :O

Haha wow! That reminds me of my hubby, he would do something like that. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    i had to do my calm breathign to prevent my spontaneaous combustion

yup guys imma back!