mystics and seekers overpowered? pfft

WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
many people have been saying that mystics and seekers are overpowered, i doubt that highly.

from skill descriptions and other threads i've read, mystics are the result of a mage having a kid with a cleric, and then that kid havin a kid with a veno.

basically that means that they'll have acouple healing skills that probly don't come close to the effectiveness of a cleric's healing skills, a buff that increases the resistance of 2 specific elements and physical def, which will only increase those 3 by 80% instead of 100% and have no effect on their mp regain, and last but not least they will have a pet that isn't as customizable as a veno's pet.

why are you all so dam worried?

they're 3 downgraded classes slapped together to create a balanced class

also under the mage section of the thread: (a quick message to other classes, disrespect and knock down any class and it will become exstinct, i believe there is anouther thread about sage barbs becoming exstinct, my guess is that's because everyone thinks they're useless, not that they are at all, but many people have said it, so newer members will believe it. how many good things have any of you out there said about wizards and especially LA wizards fer that matter? don't awnser on this thread please, i don't care what the awnser is for you personally, just think about it please...)

except for the few like me that LOVE light armor, they will all be arcane mystics. yeah, great damage dealers, but only have slightly more of a range than venos and lower range on their skills than wizards. you know what that means? an assassin coming outta stealth right behind them with rib strike will destroy them. and an archer with a fully charged take aim skill will be able to strike them from a safe distance and destroy them before they blink.

for the ones who like light armor like me, wizards and psychics are going to destroy you if they get the jump on you, just like they can do with most other classes.

--making clerics obsolete?...

"they'll make clerics obsolete with their damage abzorb skill, res skill and healing skills Vodoo" yeah, uh huh, sure they will. every partner with a wizard and a psychic as an alternative to a cleric? well i have, and i gotta say, we can do a dam good job don't we psychick? i'm not saying we're a good alternative to a cleric, but it works alright. and while a wizard's morning dew skill is considerably more powerful than a cleric's at lvl 10. is this suddenly overpowering the old antique wizard that is going exstinct on PWI? a psychic's bubble of like skill is an AoE heal that heals again, considerably more than a cleric's ironheart blessing at lvl 10. so psychics are overpowered aswell?

besides, a mystics healing skills aren't AoE, they can't heal everyone at once, and they're way less powerful depending on your class. directly below is a post from the unofficial guide to the earthborn
Emmanuel shine (level 3)
Range: [20.2]m
MP cost: [70]
Channeling: 0.5 seconds
Casting: 0.5 seconds
Cooldown: 1 seconds
Weapons: Magic instruments, unarmed
Lvl up: 0+5k
The friendly target recovers [120] plus [9]% of max HP

a cleric's blessing of the purehearted skill does the same thing at level three, only it heals 224 hp instead of just 120. doesn't seem like much, but i'm sure added up over the lvls, it is significantly less of an increase than a cleric's heal skill. also i've had pointed out that a mystic's skill heals 9% of the hp of the target, not 9% of the caster's magic attack. if yer healing a barb, no doubt this will come in very useful, ad will probly end up being equal to a mage's morning dew skill when all is said and done.

so yes, mystics will be able to assist clerics in healing, just like wizards and psychics, big freakin deal.

as for the self res buff that lasts 15 minutes and can be cast on other people. i'm sure many clerics apreciate the backup. taht way when someone in the party dies, they don't have to stop healing the tank, the mystic buff has it covered. and since the buff can't be casted after a person is already dead, clerics are not obsolete in that way.

next ofcorse we have the damage abzorbtion skill for mystics, it's a timed skill, it doesn't last very long. a cleric's damage abzord skill is dependant on the mp of a cleric taht has an mp regain buff that lasts aslong as the cleric has mp, which if the cleric has some pots or an mp charm, can be a very long time.

let me add anouther thing that doesn't make clerics obsolete that i will add to the origional right now. mystics don't have the plethera of buffs a cleric has. no magic attack increase buff, no regain buff, no buff that increases every element of magic resist. just a buff that increases Pdef, water def, and wood def by less than a cleric's high lvl buffs.

--and now on to making venos obsolete...

come now people? really? you're worried about mystics being more overpowered than you? many people already consider venos overpowered, so you really shouldn't be complaining.

for those who are thinking to yourselves "what about their water wood and Pdef buff? isn't that gonna make venos useless agenst then with all their wood damage skills. no, they've skill got fox form skills to have fun with.

for those thinking "but then since the buff also gives Pdef fox form will be useless". um, wrong again. like i said most of the class is bound to be arcane, if you have REALLY low Pdef, and you increase it by 80%, guess what, you've still got horrible Pdef...

"but what about the ones that are gonna go light armor like you Vodoo?" um take it from me guys, i'm a light armor wizard that uses rock shield. even with the 80% increase to my earth resistance, earth monsters still hurt, ALLOT!

i've just stated the reasons venos will still be able to put up a fight agenst mystics both LA and arcane and with their buff skill on, but i'd like to add one more thing that will hopefully lessen your insecurity. i believe you have a skill known as soul transfusion? if you're an arcane veno especially, just hit that and watch them try and mow through the incredable amount of hp you now have while letting your pet do the rest for you.

i repeat, veno pets are more customizable, so already you have anouther positive thing right there.

is it just that you feel threatened that you now have someone who can attack with 2 bodies at once just like you? come now, is all that makes you feel strong being able to tag team other people? is that the only way you can win? it's time to start stratigizing. because now instead of having a clear advantage over all the other classes, there will be ONE other class that is a match for you. may the best stratigy win, goodluck. and in all seriousness, no sarcasm at all intended, i'm sure you're all prepared to put up one hell of a fight, and my prediction is that just because of your wish for your class not to look inferior you'll all find ways to destroy mystics. however, the mystics will be doing the same.

also, you can turn into a pretty fox, mystics just have a third eye.....

--and now, last but not least, the last of the classes they're a combination of, the wizards.

really? you think wizards can be driven further into the ground? after the creation of psychics for the most part wizards are a forgotten relic of simpler times! maybe afew people who have always wanted to be a guy veno but couldn't will switch to mystics, but fer most of those people, they're high lvl, and they've gotten used to having a female character, and don't care about it anymore.

wizards your rareness makes you valuable, and in my eyes i respect the few remaining wizards, you bring with you dragon breath grinding for easier power leveling, a beautiful lvl 59 water AoE skill, and are the only class on the game to have such an exstensive selection of fire based skills.

wizards, you'll always be rare due to the charge times of your skills being slower than a psychic's, but your already small numbers will barely be effected by the creation of mystics. but you will always survive for yous fire skills, your high mana regain rate, obnoxiously large mp tank, and your slow charging but exceedingly powerful skills.

a quick message to other classes, disrespect and knock down any class and it will become exstinct, i believe there is anouther thread about sage barbs becoming exstinct, my guess is that's because everyone thinks they're useless, not that they are at all, but many people have said it, so newer members will believe it. how many good things have any of you out there said about wizards and especially LA wizards fer that matter? don't awnser on this thread please, i don't care what the awnser is for you personally, just think about it please...

----AND NOW FOR SEEKERS!!!

does anyone actually think a BM with afew magic enhancements is gonna be over powered? "OMG they have a ranged skill and high damage" so do assassins, but seekers can't even go invisable. they're not a threat to other classes in the way of being "overpowered". basically a BM that can only use swords (the claymores were an incorrect statement by PWI) so it's a BM with less weapon options and afew weapon enhancements much like skills such as an archer's fire damage buff and the frost blade wizard skill. seriously, seekers are overpowered? what a joke, they seem perfectly balanced or dam close to it ta me...

----ANYONE STILL FREAKIN OUT???

anyone still think the new classes will ruin the game? if so you clearly didn't read correctly. and here are the links i'm getting my info from just so you know i ain't telling lies to you...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=930712

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
Post edited by WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i freak out at the wall of text b:shocked
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    i freak out at the wall of text b:shocked

lol, sorry, i didnt wanna try and stop all the fuss about the earthguard without listing allot of info^^"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    lol, sorry, i didnt wanna try and stop all the fuss about the earthguard without listing allot of info^^"

there will always be that when new classes come to pefect world. They do over power alot until pwi fixes them to make them =
    Fail troll of harshlands
    edited December 2010
    there will always be that when new classes come to pefect world. They do over power alot until pwi fixes them to make them =

exactly, just like the tideborn were overpowered, fer about a month xD now they're perfectly balanced^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    exactly, just like the tideborn were overpowered, fer about a month xD now they're perfectly balanced^^

when the new class comes out the "sin killa" then it will be balanced
    Fail troll of harshlands
    edited December 2010
    when the new class comes out the "sin killa" then it will be balanced

um, they already have one of those. you didn't hear? it's called a full dex light armor fist user BM with golden bell and alter physical maxxed out, along with diamond sutra and the right attack skills ofcorse. make one, and see who wins. you, or the sin that can't hit you. does that make sence, or do i have to explain the dex point difference between sins and BMs, you won't believe how many don't know wtf the difference is^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    yay for tl;dr thoughts of 47 lvl wizzy
    a quick message to other classes, disrespect and knock down any class and it will become exstinct, i believe there is anouther thread about sage barbs becoming exstinct, my guess is that's because everyone thinks they're useless, not that they are at all, but many people have said it, so newer members will believe it. how many good things have any of you out there said about wizards and especially LA wizards fer that matter? don't awnser on this thread please, i don't care what the awnser is for you personally, just think about it please...

you should had put this at beginning so noone, didnt have to bother reading whole text
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Btw you're wrong about the Mystic skill being like Purehearted.

The Mystic skill heals based on the maximum life of the person it's cast on, Purehearted based on the Cleric's magic attack.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited December 2010
    yay for tl;dr thoughts of 47 lvl wizzy

you should had put this at beginning so noone, didnt have to bother reading whole text

i will
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2010
    Btw you're wrong about the Mystic skill being like Purehearted.

The Mystic skill heals based on the maximum life of the person it's cast on, Purehearted based on the Cleric's magic attack.

wow, thanks for that, and good catch dude. still, one good doesn't make an overpowered class. let me add anouther thing that doesn't make clerics obsolete that i will add to the origional right now. mystics don't have the plethera of buffs a cleric has. no magic attack increase buff, no regain buff, no buff that increases every element of magic resist. just a buff that increases Pdef, water def, and wood def by less than a cleric's high lvl buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• EmmanuelJr - Harshlands
    EmmanuelJr - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Emmanuel shine (level 3)
    Oh, yes.
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I would love to have a Mystic with me in FCC who keeps buffing me (the Cleric) so if noobs mess something up and I die, I will lose less exp. xD However, they will be a magic class. That means less APS. What do people want in squads? Cleric, Barb and APS (BM+Sin). There will be no room for a secondary healer / rezzer because it will slow the squad down... Unless they add 2 more rooms to squads with the expansion. :x
  • Queequag - Archosaur
    Queequag - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    clerics are obsolete in 90+ fc's for any pro's already let alone a 2nd healer I do 2bm archer veno sin psy runs 20mins a run no deaths lol
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    kids having kids with kids,op?Game mirroring real life now :(
    edited December 2010
    I would love to have a Mystic with me in FCC who keeps buffing me (the Cleric) so if noobs mess something up and I die, I will lose less exp. xD However, they will be a magic class. That means less APS. What do people want in squads? Cleric, Barb and APS (BM+Sin). There will be no room for a secondary healer / rezzer because it will slow the squad down... Unless they add 2 more rooms to squads with the expansion. :x

i'm not sure if they will, but i hope they do.

squads rarely have one of every class in them.

in addition to acting as backup healers and rezzers their pet will help with the damage dealing so the party isn't slowed down. they won't make the squad as fast as a veno because venos will use themselves and their pets for damage dealing, but if ya want a backup healer you gotta make some sacrifices. it just depends on which you personally want more. you wanna go alil faster, or you want alil backup healing? doesn't matter ta me, it's entirely up to the cleric.

again, it all comes down to the skill level of the people in the party. if the veno is skilled enough to make yer party go twice as fast, and the cleric has no problem healing the entire party, then the veno gets the squad. if the healer doesn't feel they can, the mystic gets the squad, or perhaps even anouther cleric depending on which is more helpful, which isn't any different to how it works right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2010
    clerics are obsolete in 90+ fc's for any pro's already let alone a 2nd healer I do 2bm archer veno sin psy runs 20mins a run no deaths lol

reword please? maybe use some periods or commas?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010

good for you, clerics defiantly aren't obsolete unless the whole group has there head up there own ****, anyway, i don't have trouble finding squads when i can be bothered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited December 2010
    kids having kids with kids,op?Game mirroring real life now :(

really? that's all you got out of that entire long post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2010
    good for you, clerics defiantly aren't obsolete unless the whole group has there head up there own ****, anyway, i don't have trouble finding squads when i can be bothered.

thank you for translating and awnsering a thread, that i could not even read
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2010
    Emmanuel shine (level 3)
    Oh, yes.

already been changed and new info has been added, please re-read the cleric section
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    really? that's all you got out of that entire long post?

Pretty much,so sue me =/
    edited December 2010
    Pretty much,so sue me =/

*stopping responding to healforwimps right here before this thread turns into a flame off*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    i'm not sure if they will, but i hope they do.

squads rarely have one of every class in them.

in addition to acting as backup healers and rezzers their pet will help with the damage dealing so the party isn't slowed down. they won't make the squad as fast as a veno because venos will use themselves and their pets for damage dealing, but if ya want a backup healer you gotta make some sacrifices. it just depends on which you personally want more. you wanna go alil faster, or you want alil backup healing? doesn't matter ta me, it's entirely up to the cleric.

again, it all comes down to the skill level of the people in the party. if the veno is skilled enough to make yer party go twice as fast, and the cleric has no problem healing the entire party, then the veno gets the squad. if the healer doesn't feel they can, the mystic gets the squad, or perhaps even anouther cleric depending on which is more helpful, which isn't any different to how it works right now.

According to my experiences (lvl97 cleric main), after 90+ people don't really like to take Venos / Wizards / Psychics to squads. Hercs can't tank anymore due to APS and Sins / BMs outdamage any mage classes. Most of the time, I find myself in squads full of sins and BMs. Look at WC, they all want high APS for FCC now. Herc Venos in my Fac are whining they can't find squads easily anymore, no matter how often they Amp / debuff. Sometimes I feel like the Barb is not needed, they can't even keep aggro for a long time... People just want to finish FCC as fast as possible so they can do it 10-15 times a day and lvl like crazy. =/ It's kinda sad. This APS / 5.0 craze ruined the whole game imo.
    edited December 2010
    According to my experiences (lvl97 cleric main), after 90+ people don't really like to take Venos / Wizards / Psychics to squads. Hercs can't tank anymore due to APS and Sins / BMs outdamage any mage classes. Most of the time, I find myself in squads full of sins and BMs. Look at WC, they all want high APS for FCC now. Herc Venos in my Fac are whining they can't find squads easily anymore, no matter how often they Amp / debuff. Sometimes I feel like the Barb is not needed, they can't even keep aggro for a long time... People just want to finish FCC as fast as possible so they can do it 10-15 times a day and lvl like crazy. =/ It's kinda sad. This APS / 5.0 craze ruined the whole game imo.

i'm gonna be completely honest, i probly know what APS means, but i can't quite put my finger on what it stands for. could you please tell me what it stands for?^^"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    LoL not this again i hear voices !!
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    i'm gonna be completely honest, i probly know what APS means, but i can't quite put my finger on what it stands for. could you please tell me what it stands for?^^"

Attack per second. Now all sins and BMs have the ultimate goal to become 5 APS endgame. x.x No magic class can compare to that damage.

Edit: Even worse, I've seen APS Barbs, Archers and Venos too. xD They all use fists. Laaame.
    edited December 2010
    Attack per second. Now all sins and BMs have the ultimate goal to become 5 APS endgame. x.x No magic class can compare to that damage.

attacks per second, huh, i nvr knew people started using that term. 5 attacks per second? i agree and that's completely rediculous and makes magic classes obsolete and easy to kill in pvp, what idiot aproved that for an ingame upgrade?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    attacks per second, huh, i nvr knew people started using that term. 5 attacks per second? i agree and that's completely rediculous and makes magic classes obsolete and easy to kill in pvp, what idiot aproved that for an ingame upgrade?

They started it a while ago but recently became popular. :o It slowly kills all the magic classes (except for Cleric, their heals will always be needed). That's why I became Cleric actually, I love magic classes in MMOs, and I started to feel rejected on my Veno (and I have Herc). -.-
    edited December 2010
    They started it a while ago but recently became popular. :o It slowly kills all the magic classes (except for Cleric, their heals will always be needed). That's why I became Cleric actually, I love magic classes in MMOs, and I started to feel rejected on my Veno (and I have Herc). -.-

that's completely rediculous, no wonder BMs and assassins are so numerous ingame, and i gotta say, i feel like a moron fer not knowing about this >.< anywho, not to get off topic, but literally 5 hits per second? all the time? seriously? what moron thought it was a good idea to add that feature?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    that's completely rediculous, no wonder BMs and assassins are so numerous ingame, and i gotta say, i feel like a moron fer not knowing about this >.< anywho, not to get off topic, but literally 5 hits per second? all the time? seriously? what moron thought it was a good idea to add that feature?

It's not a feature, it's a huge collection of interval gears, such as lunar cape, love up and down tome, deicides, and... I don't even know what else because I don't like melee classes. xD All I know the tome alone costs something like 250million coins... Deicides around 50-60mil? So yeah, heavy cash shoppers can achieve it easily and that means PWE gets a lot of money so I don't think they will remove 5 APS. D: And that's why I think the Mystic will not be wanted in squads at higher lvls... no one needs magic classes anymore. Not sure about the Seeker, I think their weapon will be too slow. o.o
This discussion has been closed.