mystics and seekers overpowered? pfft

Comments

• ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    that's completely rediculous, no wonder BMs and assassins are so numerous ingame, and i gotta say, i feel like a moron fer not knowing about this >.< anywho, not to get off topic, but literally 5 hits per second? all the time? seriously? what moron thought it was a good idea to add that feature?

rofl. welcome to pwi :b

in theory most of the stuff required to achieve 5aps were here from the beginning.

btw 5aps means that the character is always under triple spark* (can cast triple spark every 15 sec [and get healed ofc]). bloodpaint is more than enough to heal the char.

therefore, clerics are already obsolete and so are tanks that dont DD enough.
    DD enough = 6 times the DD of a r9+12 psy

~cheers

*edit: that doesnt mean that the have to triple spark to be 5aps though but that's what most ppl do due to the damage boost (and it's more expensive to reach 5aps without 3spark)
  • hasnoface
    hasnoface Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    they still love to have clerics just for more safety / buffs and to save money on hp food. 5aps ppl have to nerf their def/hp a bit to wear their shi.t that helps them reach 5aps, and some bosses can be tough... I've never seen a Nirvana squad without cleric.
  • Espial - Heavens Tear
    Espial - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hasnoface wrote: »
    5aps ppl have to nerf their def/hp a bit to wear their shi.t that helps them reach 5aps

You're joking, right?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    rofl. welcome to pwi :b

in theory most of the stuff required to achieve 5aps were here from the beginning.

btw 5aps means that the character is always under triple spark (can cast triple spark every 15 sec [and get healed ofc]). bloodpaint is more than enough to heal the char.

therefore, clerics are already obsolete and so are tanks that dont DD enough.
    DD enough = 6 times the DD of a r9+12 psy

~cheers

Archers and Sins can get 5 aps unsparked:
    Deicide -0.1
    Rank 8 armor -0.1
    TT99 wrist + boots -0.15
    TT99 neck+belt -0.05
    Lunar Cape -0.05
    Nirvana Leggings -0.05
    Total: 0.2 interval

Especially now that Rank 8 is cheaper. Especially handy since Sage Spark has that damage reduction. Not that I see any archers going Sage just for this. Or any sins, either.
    You're joking, right?

For BMs and Barbs, they have to get LA gear. For Archers and Sins, they won't be able to use Warsong Belt, Cube Necklace or Wings of Cloudcharger.

Well, the Archer and Sin part has changed with Rank 8.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited December 2010
    Archers and Sins can get 5 aps unsparked:
    Deicide -0.1
    Rank 8 armor -0.1
    TT99 wrist + boots -0.15
    TT99 neck+belt -0.05
    Lunar Cape -0.05
    Nirvana Leggings -0.05
    Total: 0.2 interval

Especially now that Rank 8 is cheaper. Especially handy since Sage Spark has that damage reduction. Not that I see any archers going Sage just for this. Or any sins, either.

i said that a 5aps is (well,usually) always 3sparked not that u need to 3spark to be 5aps.
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    We had a cleric in our fac who constantly wanted to do FC's to lvl fast.... boy is he in for a surprise when the 5.0's don't need him.

Seriously, i agree for the most part on the OP comments, when TB came out, they were overpowered and a "replacement" for other classes, which is in fact not true at all. now the EG are the ones to "replace" other classes....i'm lmfao here.

Wizards were already at a low when the TB came. There are more veno's made then barbs. Archers are the 3rd class in dwindling numbers.

This will keep on repeating itself with each expansion that introduces new classes. Players tend to move on towards newer things in the game, even if it's not always the best thing to do.

Try to find a barb for a 69 run....sometimes it takes over an hr to get one free and willing. Why ? Not because there are none, there are plenty of barbs, but the players that have em are on their bm's/psy's/sins/....Etc. This will happen again with the new expansion.

I got a cleric and a sin. When the expansion comes i'm probably be rollin a seeker to test it out. So that means there is one less cleric available for runs and one less DD at higher levels. Same deal with the other classes.
    Imagine that for dozens of clerics and barbs....

I wonder if players really think it trough and realize that without clerics and barbs around their "new" mystics & seekers will have a dam hard time to run instances and help them with their BH's/TT's and whatnot. Unless you run 3 pc's like i do and can buff yourself and run instances with your high lvl toon.

But those are not the main problems. THE big problem i forsee is when you have morons who will level their new toons like mystic and seeker in NO time, hypering and oracling, past lvl 90, only to find out that they are all useless cause they don't even know how to decently use their skills. Getting one of those in your squad is a recipe for disaster. Just like the early psychics who constantly drew aggro and caused partywipes....

And lastly, what is the mystic gonna do when the tanker needs a purify ? Call 911 and shout "medic!" ? Or the seeker who can't tank for **** when the barb dies ?

The new classes aren't a "replacement" for anything, they are an "addition" which you are free to choose from. But realize this : while you roll another toon, so will others, try to pm me for a rezz or buffs and i'l tell you to sod off cause i'm busy. Seriously.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Christ, Seekers aren't even out and they're called OP already..
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    i said that a 5aps is (well,usually) always 3sparked not that u need to 3spark to be 5aps.

Well, the way you put it kinda looked like you were saying that 5 aps = triple spark, which is obviously not true.

And actually, looks like BMs can also reach 5 aps unsparked, though with the aid of Cyclone Heel.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    edited December 2010
    Well, the way you put it kinda looked like you were saying that 5 aps = triple spark, which is obviously not true.

And actually, looks like BMs can also reach 5 aps unsparked, though with the aid of Cyclone Heel.

i edited my post, hope it's clear now xd
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    i edited my post, hope it's clear now xd

Good psychic. Here's a bearsmiley.

b:cute
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Christ, Seekers aren't even out and they're called OP already..

Quoted and re-sized for truth. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    Triage_ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    First off.....That archer QQueng(blah blah) lol....just kidding I thought you liked me...I am gonna lag now and let you die:) I agree that 90+ many class especially well geared like you are gonna not need clerics all that much...but I do save your charm some:) thing of me as a chastity belt for your charm:)

As to new classes mystic sounds cool but seeker sounds anything but overpowered. I mean limiting them to 1 weapon.....swords of all things when its the least favorite of the bm weapons. Has anyone played one yet...maybe on other server (not sure where it was actually released already)....I was looking forward to it but honestly might just **** around with it but I am not expecting it to be all powerful.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sorry, I didn't feel like tacking that giant wall of text.

Honestly, from my experience at PW, judging by their skill trees, they seem to be the most balanced characters that PW has:/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    First off.....That archer QQueng(blah blah) lol....just kidding I thought you liked me...I am gonna lag now and let you die:) I agree that 90+ many class especially well geared like you are gonna not need clerics all that much...but I do save your charm some:) thing of me as a chastity belt for your charm:)

As to new classes mystic sounds cool but seeker sounds anything but overpowered. I mean limiting them to 1 weapon.....swords of all things when its the least favorite of the bm weapons. Has anyone played one yet...maybe on other server (not sure where it was actually released already)....I was looking forward to it but honestly might just **** around with it but I am not expecting it to be all powerful.

Seeker ain't going to be overpowered, there going to be the same as bm's except have some mage attack and buffs, these guys probably have limited attack/spike skills anyway.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    But those are not the main problems. THE big problem i forsee is when you have morons who will level their new toons like mystic and seeker in NO time, hypering and oracling, past lvl 90, only to find out that they are all useless cause they don't even know how to decently use their skills. Getting one of those in your squad is a recipe for disaster. Just like the early psychics who constantly drew aggro and caused partywipes....

I completly agree with that, take time to level a char, learn moves. In the hands of a "power-leveler" any "OP" class can soon become "just another regular class" as opposite exist.. I prefer having A LOT my wife in game (lvl 99 clerc) that didn't oracle, nor even FC and barely cash-shops (just mp charms mostly) .to heal me then any "end-game" clercs that would have oracled 1-105 and put more then 1000$ in game. b:victory
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sorry, I didn't feel like tacking that giant wall of text.

Honestly, from my experience at PW, judging by their skill trees, they seem to be the most balanced characters that PW has:/

We said that about the Tideborn. Nobody really complained about them, because quite honestly nobody really understood them.
    And when the first Assassin figured out he could drop a barb in three seconds, THEN the QQ started.

I give it a month or two before the new generation of PWI players hyper/oracle their Mystics and Seekers to 100, and abuse the classes just like the Tideborn.
  • Liebe - Heavens Tear
    Liebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:pleased
    9x Veno - Liebe
    9x Cleric - /\ngellus
    8x Archer - Xaixu
    6x Barb - \/ladamir
    Heaven's Tear b:dirty
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They can't use fists/claws.

Underpowered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    5aps is awesome to the simple minded - really.

Mage Veno w/o pet can do ~50% of 1-1 dps that 5aps can do. Now add the pet, -20% HP (s.Soul Degen), Amp, armor / mind break, etc. No one seems to acknowledge when a veno helps a 5aps kill in less than half the time.

Now watch a veno round up 50 or so [?] mobs and 1-2 shot AoE them without getting hit, then watch a 5aps kill them 1 by 1.

Watch as 5aps's offer coin and wait for help to open Nirvana, while venos can make as much w/o help or waiting.

Venos have more lure options, choice of patk or matk, innate speed, and the ability to replace about any class at most things.

Herc tanking is more of a slow down to people who don't figure out how to work around it.

I think the devs did a good job of distributing our abilities. It's up to us to make those abilities work out and keep ourselves from becoming obsolete.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    From the QQ my wife read on the chinese forums:
    Seekers are fail, their skills take too long to cast, easy to interupt.

Mystics nom nom way too much mana & I mean WAY. Ppl go through mp charms like crazy.

Also unless Vika misunderstood smth... apparently seekers can't even equip fists o.O but maybe she misread, this sounds weird to me considering the high dex req for swords.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Juggalobeast - Harshlands
    Juggalobeast - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Who deio fucion care ..). . b:angry
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved."

"Life is the curse. Sleep is the remission. Death is the cure."//
    two red roses sitting on my coffin, the wind blows, leaving only one
    the world i know disappears...like the setting sun/
    ■Not all scars show, not all wounds heal Sometimes you can't always see The pain someone feels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    From the QQ my wife read on the chinese forums:
    Seekers are fail, their skills take too long to cast, easy to interupt.

Mystics nom nom way too much mana & I mean WAY. Ppl go through mp charms like crazy.

Also unless Vika misunderstood smth... apparently seekers can't even equip fists o.O but maybe she misread, this sounds weird to me considering the high dex req for swords.

If it's anything like the QQ here: it's worth ignoring. They said as much about Wiz MP usage here once, and yet my Wiz rarely needs a pot.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ... they will all be arcane mystics. yeah, great damage dealers, but only have slightly more of a range than venos and lower range on their skills than wizards. you know what that means? an assassin coming outta stealth right behind them with rib strike will destroy them.

I didn't read the whole thing, but I did read this part. As a caster myseelf, I am painfully aware of how effective rib strike is against me in pvp.

/axecleric
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    We had a cleric in our fac who constantly wanted to do FC's to lvl fast.... boy is he in for a surprise when the 5.0's don't need him.

Seriously, i agree for the most part on the OP comments, when TB came out, they were overpowered and a "replacement" for other classes, which is in fact not true at all. now the EG are the ones to "replace" other classes....i'm lmfao here.

Wizards were already at a low when the TB came. There are more veno's made then barbs. Archers are the 3rd class in dwindling numbers.

This will keep on repeating itself with each expansion that introduces new classes. Players tend to move on towards newer things in the game, even if it's not always the best thing to do.

Try to find a barb for a 69 run....sometimes it takes over an hr to get one free and willing. Why ? Not because there are none, there are plenty of barbs, but the players that have em are on their bm's/psy's/sins/....Etc. This will happen again with the new expansion.

I got a cleric and a sin. When the expansion comes i'm probably be rollin a seeker to test it out. So that means there is one less cleric available for runs and one less DD at higher levels. Same deal with the other classes.
    Imagine that for dozens of clerics and barbs....

I wonder if players really think it trough and realize that without clerics and barbs around their "new" mystics & seekers will have a dam hard time to run instances and help them with their BH's/TT's and whatnot. Unless you run 3 pc's like i do and can buff yourself and run instances with your high lvl toon.

And lastly, what is the mystic gonna do when the tanker needs a purify ? Call 911 and shout "medic!" ? Or the seeker who can't tank for **** when the barb dies ?

The new classes aren't a "replacement" for anything, they are an "addition" which you are free to choose from. But realize this : while you roll another toon, so will others, try to pm me for a rezz or buffs and i'l tell you to sod off cause i'm busy. Seriously.

thank you, for the attempt to get the thread back on track
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    If it's anything like the QQ here: it's worth ignoring. They said as much about Wiz MP usage here once, and yet my Wiz rarely needs a pot.

As an example, that mystic's rez skill lvl 10 uses ~3800 mp or so

b:chuckle
    I need to get her to post this stuff, since I can't read it myself & make fully accurate statements or numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Wait, am I really the only person who saw the rib strike comment? Why are any of you taking this guy seriously? He doesn't even know what different skills do.
    edited December 2010
    Wait, am I really the only person who saw the rib strike comment? Why are any of you taking this guy seriously? He doesn't even know what different skills do.

um, yeah, i know what it does, and i'm not talking about the attack speed decrease effecting mystics at all. i'm talking about the obscene amount of damage it can do compared to the incredibly low defence of an arcane class.

don't try to insult my knowledge of the same. ask me a question and i will be happy awnser. even if you don't atfirst get the point i'm trying to make, a simple "could you please explain this Vodoo" would get you an awnser, an insult just makes you look obnoxious you blithering idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
    edited December 2010
    I didn't read the whole thing, but I did read this part. As a caster myseelf, I am painfully aware of how effective rib strike is against me in pvp.

/axecleric

um, wtf? which fckn opinion do you have?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Why are so many people jumping to conclusions about the new classes when they are not even out yet??? IJS b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    To WhiteVodoo:

5 APS(+pack sale) is the reason why people leaving. Especially magic classes. Imagine that I spend 1 year and 1/2 leveling mage, doing all quests, instances, without hyperstones or oracles and then dev. will spit to you face with 5APS.
    Magic clases except cleric are useless in this MMO. I left also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.