mystics and seekers overpowered? pfft

Comments

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    To WhiteVodoo:

5 APS(+pack sale) is the reason why people leaving. Especially magic classes. Imagine that I spend 1 year and 1/2 leveling mage, doing all quests, instances, without hyperstones or oracles and then dev. will spit to you face with 5APS.
    Magic clases except cleric are useless in this MMO.

I disagree with that since magic classes have many good uses, like for you as a wiz you can heal the tank if the cleric can't heal fast enough, or spam AoE's in frost to make it alot faster than normal.

But, like what you said 5aps overrun the place made magic look useless even though they are not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I disagree with that since magic classes have many good uses, like for you as a wiz you can heal the tank if the cleric can't heal fast enough, or spam AoE's in frost to make it alot faster than normal.

But, like what you said 5aps overrun the place made magic look useless even though they are not.

Your advices I could use 1 year ago.b:chuckle
    Nowadays even cleric is not everywhere necessary.
    And spam AOE requires spark(s), which take time to get. In good squad I just start channeling and mobs in FCC are already death. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Your advices I could use 1 year ago.b:chuckle
    Nowadays even cleric is not everywhere necessary.

At endgame, maybe but now I'm still useful. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    A cleric is not needed much because sins,psys, and wizs have self heal so yea clerics are not needed much anymore.
    Fail troll of harshlands
    edited December 2010
    A cleric is not needed much because sins,psys, and wizs have self heal so yea clerics are not needed much anymore.

I guess you can't do FC, RB, and TT 3-x , and Narvana any more.. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I guess you can't do FC, RB, and TT 3-x , and Narvana any more.. b:chuckle

if you know how to use those other classes healing you dont need a cleric much except for the buffs ofc
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010

yes, it does make us look useless, and is anyone else tempted to make a full magic user faction, and just bomb the hell outta all of them? yes, i know all the disadvantages of that idea, but i'm just sayin, maybe we'd get somewhere in a TW if nobody could take a step without getting hit by 5 high powered AoEs at once xD sins would be a problem tho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
    edited December 2010
    if you know how to use those other classes healing you dont need a cleric much except for the buffs ofc

I know how those classes heal and I see a flaw in what you are talking about.

Fist thing, yes its possible to play the game without clerics but, it will be extremely difficult.

Second thing, there will be no room for error and with players Hypering and Orcaleing their way to 9x there will be tons of party wipes and the time it would take forever to do a instance and will make people quit or make the instance reset..

Bosses with aps or a mag/phy debuff will be impossible to do unless you have a sage psy with sage bubble of life, but since there is little to no psy and wizzies (On my server atleast) it will be even harder to find them for squads than a cleric..

RB will be impossible since the mobs will do more damage more faster then the heals of psy's and wizzies.

FC will take along time to finish since people need to be way more careful than with a cleric and because of the limited time you have in a instance, it would be very difficult to even get to the big room without the instance resting..

TT 3-x the bosses are hard even with a cleric so without one won't make anything easier..

These are just a few examples why clerics are not useless and why people need them in squads, and unless you have a squad full of high lvl 9x's or 100+ with really good gear think again before you try to instance without a cleric.

(Even though a day without clerics will force people how to play their class.) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Waaay too long, didn't read it at the least.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    To WhiteVodoo:

5 APS(+pack sale) is the reason why people leaving. Especially magic classes. Imagine that I spend 1 year and 1/2 leveling mage, doing all quests, instances, without hyperstones or oracles and then dev. will spit to you face with 5APS.
    Magic clases except cleric are useless in this MMO. I left also.

wizzars ya maybe.

but psy/veno/cleric are all still useful.
    edited December 2010
    wizzars ya maybe.

but psy/veno/cleric are all still useful.

Till when?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    To WhiteVodoo:

Magic clases except cleric are useless in this MMO. I left also.
    Lots of rage and no substance. You don't even play the game, otherwise you'd see that there are quite a large number of wizards, psychics, and venos who still play. I'm watching BH RB squads get together right this minute and they mostly have trouble finding a barb/pull BM, not the damage dealers you mention are evidently leaving -- cuz they aren't.

Let's also iterate that 5 APS was not invented in the last few months. 5 APS was possible at very latest since the first anni pack sale which was September 2009 (lunar wing trophy, scroll of tome -- the rest, TT99, and Rank ****, were there already). So in order for your 1.5 years of leveling before that, you'd have to have been playing PWI since March 2008. If you quit 6 months ago as your forum posts claim you did, that means it was 1.5 years before 6 months ago which means you had played PWI since September 2007.

As you can see, well, obviously not you, but everyone else, you are chalk full of exaggerations. What's the point? If the game sucks so bad and everyone is leaving, especially noting that you left already, there's plenty of other games for you to play and QQ on their forums.
    edited December 2010
    Lots of rage and no substance. You don't even play the game, otherwise you'd see that there are quite a large number of wizards, psychics, and venos who still play. I'm watching BH RB squads get together right this minute and they mostly have trouble finding a barb/pull BM, not the damage dealers you mention are evidently leaving -- cuz they aren't.

Let's also iterate that 5 APS was not invented in the last few months. 5 APS was possible at very latest since the first anni pack sale which was September 2009 (lunar wing trophy, scroll of tome -- the rest, TT99, and Rank ****, were there already). So in order for your 1.5 years of leveling before that, you'd have to have been playing PWI since March 2008. If you quit 6 months ago as your forum posts claim you did, that means it was 1.5 years before 6 months ago which means you had played PWI since September 2007.

As you can see, well, obviously not you, but everyone else, you are chalk full of exaggerations. What's the point? If the game sucks so bad and everyone is leaving, especially noting that you left already, there's plenty of other games for you to play and QQ on their forums.

To get 5APS before pack was JUST possible for archers with rank 8. And how long it would take archers to get rank 8 without badge reputation? I doubt it would be here maybe 2-3 now without packs. And pack came 1 year after official game opening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    To get 5APS before pack was JUST possible for archers with rank 8. And how long it would take archers to get rank 8 without badge reputation? I doubt it would be here maybe 2-3 now without packs. And pack came 1 year after official game opening.
    Warsoul weapons have been around forever too and now only 1 person has it. Some great gear when only one single person can even get it after over 2 years.

Is your presumption that this is the amount of people that should have outstanding gear are that few? Obviously PWI disagrees.
  • Nella - Sanctuary
    Nella - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I have to LOL at this. My main is a lvl101 Cleric and every day right after logging in, I get spammed by 15-20 friends to join 15-20 different BH100+ or Nirvana squads. :P Not needed, eh? Suuuuuuure. b:surrender
    edited December 2010
    I have to LOL at this. My main is a lvl101 Cleric and every day right after logging in, I get spammed by 15-20 friends to join 15-20 different BH100+ or Nirvana squads. :P Not needed, eh? Suuuuuuure. b:surrender
    Sac Assault Dino Soulreapers prefer no cleric.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Wow, the thread became a -interval, high aps, obsolete class thread and derailed completely. I play the CN Open beta atm, and so far with my 31 seek and 20 myst, they seem very balanced and very unique. Hence, unlike TB, they have no need for an unfair advantage from early lvls till endgame. Seeks being bound to swords/blades would still benefit from -int for sure, but wont be as broken as fist/claws.

On the derailed 5.0 aps thread, what would you do if they gave all high lvl instance bosses a bramble buff ONLY if they recieve damage at a high rate?
    I would say OMGLAWL5APSURSELFTODEATHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!b:laugh
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Seeks being bound to swords/blades would still benefit from -int for sure, but wont be as broken as fist/claws.

Please define "broken", and does PWE acknowledge that it's broken anywhere?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Please define "broken", and does PWE acknowledge that it's broken anywhere?
    Kkb:cute Broken: imbalanced, too much emphasis placed on one thing, unmatched, makes thing unfavorable to some, more than others.
    Yah, that's all I can think of, add more if you want and nah, PWE is basically dead-set on milking all the obviously "broken" things, as they would just term it "more bang for your buck" as a scapegoat to make more billions.b:chuckle

lol, lol and lol... We both know that PWE is planning on exploit this class in a some way to make the game less balanced for the CSers and Non-CSers.

Doesnt bother me though, its still f2p as long as you're not trying to "win" any pixilated prize, besides, the new expansion is gonna rock on our version. (for the ones who know how to make the best of it)
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

• ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Wow, the thread became a -interval, high aps, obsolete class thread and derailed completely. I play the CN Open beta atm, and so far with my 31 seek and 20 myst, they seem very balanced and very unique. Hence, unlike TB, they have no need for an unfair advantage from early lvls till endgame. Seeks being bound to swords/blades would still benefit from -int for sure, but wont be as broken as fist/claws.

On the derailed 5.0 aps thread, what would you do if they gave all high lvl instance bosses a bramble buff ONLY if they recieve damage at a high rate?
    I would say OMGLAWL5APSURSELFTODEATHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!b:laugh

how did they implement the bound to swords/blades?
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    how did they implement the bound to swords/blades?
    Simple, they cannot use any other weapon, not even bows. Seekers can only use blade and swords, but nothing else while mystics can use all mag weapons, but not everything else.

• Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Just my leetle thought about new classes OP-ing old classes:

Isn't it just that people using old classes have learned a specific playstyle already. They've learned how to deal with other old classes as well, as they know their abilities well and know how to counter them. They had plenty of time to learn it.

Now new classes come, with new skills, new tactics, new gameplay styles. People playing new classes are acumulating knowlege about them in a slightly fater pace than people playing just their old chars. Thus the balance that was there before is now no more, but I expect it to come back as all people learn both strenghts and weaknesses of the new classes.

I'm not sure if all of you know that Venomacer is slightly youger than other old classes.
    When I first started playing PW, quite a few years ago, on the Malaysian-english serwer, I remember a huge QQ over Venos still going on. All the other classes were QQing how OP Venos are, and the Venos were QQing as noone wanted them in party, as they were seen as 'solo-only, party-useless' class. With time more and more people learned how to defeat Venos, and more and more Venos learned how to play their class properly - luring, debuffing and such - and more and more people not playing them became aware that they're not at all obsolete in the party, quite the opposite.

So cheer up, people, and try harder to face new, upcomming challenges. I think the classes are quite balanced overall, each with their own strenghts and weaknesses - if -you- can't use them, who's at fault here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    many people have been saying that mystics and seekers are overpowered, i doubt that highly.

I stopped reading right there. Basically unless you're playing on CN, you have no idea. Nobody has hit end-game, nobody has amazing gear.

So basically your post is just a wall of text is just BS.

Sorry, had to be said.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I stopped reading right there. Basically unless you're playing on CN, you have no idea. Nobody has hit end-game, nobody has amazing gear.

I agree with you that we are lacking specific information.

However, suggesting that new classes will be powerful in ways that old classes are not seems to me to be a radical suggestion on the same level that suggesting that a role playing MMO would need grinding would be radical. Or, suggesting that a new baby will need to breathe air to be healthy... It's just that kind of radical, in my opinion.

There are certain (economic) realities in these kinds of games, and if the new classes have something to offer that the old classes did not, some people that were playing the old classes are going to want to switch. So you can bet that the new classes will be powerful.

It would be discussions of how much power they have that get silly. Another reality is that people make snap judgements about things when they have information but before they have figured out how to use that information. So, even after we get concrete information on these new classes, and even after people are saying how powerful and unbeatable they are, there will still be things to discover about how to deal with them and play them that should be able to be discovered.

One impression I have is that the new classes will offer new ways of preparing for battle, so the assassin tactic of disabling skills from stealth will no longer be such an outrageously good way to kill someone. If the descriptions I read were accurate, they might also have buffs which survive death (allowing not-completely-nerfed second chance attacks after being killed). This will mean that people will need to learn new ways of approaching PvP and the new class skills seem to give them some advantages in the extended conflict situations that I believe I see in the skill descriptions. So I can just imagine the threads we will see, when people that have learned "the one true way to PvP" start facing high level earthguards...
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Kkb:cute Broken: imbalanced, too much emphasis placed on one thing, unmatched, makes thing unfavorable to some, more than others.
    Yah, that's all I can think of, add more if you want and nah, PWE is basically dead-set on milking all the obviously "broken" things, as they would just term it "more bang for your buck" as a scapegoat to make more billions.b:chuckle

This sounds backwards. Why have alternate classes, skill sets, weapons, upgrades if they have no advantages? I thought and now feel it's confirmed that people are mislabeling this game as broken because it doesn't conform to your unrealistic expectations. Are you unaware of what some of us mages are capable of? -Maybe because we're not as squad dependent?
    lol, lol and lol... We both know that PWE is planning on exploit this class in a some way to make the game less balanced for the CSers and Non-CSers.

Please show something to back up this statement. It comes across as corporate sabotage to me.

PWE customers service, forum management, bug fixing sucks hardcore imo. I'm not with the people on the "it's broken" boat though.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    +1 to the OP for having some common sense. A feature that is lacking from many of those that browse the forums these days.

Sure it was a long post, sure his grammar wasn't the greatest, but truly, all the information contained within is solid.

For those that will claim "XX new character is too OP", or "XX makes YY obsolete", I call you noobs.

For those that say the game is unbalanced, show me a real game that is truly balanced. What fun would that be? What would be the point? PvP would be non-existent.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    This sounds backwards. Why have alternate classes, skill sets, weapons, upgrades if they have no advantages? I thought and now feel it's confirmed that people are mislabeling this game as broken because it doesn't conform to your unrealistic expectations. Are you unaware of what some of us mages are capable of? -Maybe because we're not as squad dependent?
    *I completely sympathize, as I'm not really one the hypnotized individuals who doesnt know those things still play an important aspect. *I don't have high expectation or need them since the way I play the game hasn't changed in over 1&3/4 years. I was only saying what broken was from what I read from others, not my own personal view. My view-th game hasnt changed or gotten worse, its how people treat it now that has. I love all classes, old, new and future, as they all have their own ups and downs, but in the end are really balanced. *I'm not a mage h8r in anyway, and would openly invite any mage/caster to a squad as their place in the game hasnt changed. ^^
    Please show something to back up this statement. It comes across as corporate sabotage to me.

PWE customers service, forum management, bug fixing sucks hardcore imo. I'm not with the people on the "it's broken" boat though.
    Honestly, as I said before, just what others have been blabbering, but I'm not really seeing this as fact myself. Ever since the 1st pack, people were reacting negatively to the fact that hard earned gear and such could officially be gambled for now, and the initial stimulus for the next -interval fad when the TB assassins were power lvld up. The main point isnt corporate sabotage to me, its just PWE offering new merchandise for people to make the game easier for them somewhat.
    The thing here thats really broken is how the people themselves choose to imbalanced the game. -Interval physical melee characters cant do everything ingame and shouldnt be the only ones wanted for such, since the point of the tank and spank is still the same. People only believe that faster = better everytime without incorporating at least some actual tactic or knowledge use in the process.
    Overall, I too, truly say the game isnt broken, but the mindset of the new generation of people in achieving endgame wants/needs. If they really want to push it out of proportion, they'd have it so that the "dead" classes arent made anymore by anyone and only the "alive" classes, but how would they progress from early lvls to endgame? I'd like a really good answer for that lol (and no, dont toss in "get high lvls to babysit them till high lvl")

And for the record, my barb is Sage, and has 200 base vit exactly, and I still have fun with him, while my BM has 30 vit (will never restat), though he's demon, he's mainly demon for the skills and not the high aps potential, since he's an All path BM and very fun to play. I personally like to play the physical classes as my own preference (49 assassin as well) and clerics, but this isnt significant information in my reply :)

• Cathyz - Dreamweaver
    Cathyz - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    many people have been saying that mystics and seekers are overpowered, i doubt that highly.

from skill descriptions and other threads i've read, mystics are the result of a mage having a kid with a cleric, and then that kid havin a kid with a veno.

basically that means that they'll have acouple healing skills that probly don't come close to the effectiveness of a cleric's healing skills, a buff that increases the resistance of 2 specific elements and physical def, which will only increase those 3 by 80% instead of 100% and have no effect on their mp regain, and last but not least they will have a pet that isn't as customizable as a veno's pet.

why are you all so dam worried?

they're 3 downgraded classes slapped together to create a balanced class

also under the mage section of the thread: (a quick message to other classes, disrespect and knock down any class and it will become exstinct, i believe there is anouther thread about sage barbs becoming exstinct, my guess is that's because everyone thinks they're useless, not that they are at all, but many people have said it, so newer members will believe it. how many good things have any of you out there said about wizards and especially LA wizards fer that matter? don't awnser on this thread please, i don't care what the awnser is for you personally, just think about it please...)

except for the few like me that LOVE light armor, they will all be arcane mystics. yeah, great damage dealers, but only have slightly more of a range than venos and lower range on their skills than wizards. you know what that means? an assassin coming outta stealth right behind them with rib strike will destroy them. and an archer with a fully charged take aim skill will be able to strike them from a safe distance and destroy them before they blink.

for the ones who like light armor like me, wizards and psychics are going to destroy you if they get the jump on you, just like they can do with most other classes.

--making clerics obsolete?...

"they'll make clerics obsolete with their damage abzorb skill, res skill and healing skills Vodoo" yeah, uh huh, sure they will. every partner with a wizard and a psychic as an alternative to a cleric? well i have, and i gotta say, we can do a dam good job don't we psychick? i'm not saying we're a good alternative to a cleric, but it works alright. and while a wizard's morning dew skill is considerably more powerful than a cleric's at lvl 10. is this suddenly overpowering the old antique wizard that is going exstinct on PWI? a psychic's bubble of like skill is an AoE heal that heals again, considerably more than a cleric's ironheart blessing at lvl 10. so psychics are overpowered aswell?

besides, a mystics healing skills aren't AoE, they can't heal everyone at once, and they're way less powerful depending on your class. directly below is a post from the unofficial guide to the earthborn
    Emmanuel shine (level 3)
    Range: [20.2]m
    MP cost: [70]
    Channeling: 0.5 seconds
    Casting: 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown: 1 seconds
    Weapons: Magic instruments, unarmed
    Lvl up: 0+5k
    The friendly target recovers [120] plus [9]% of max HP

a cleric's blessing of the purehearted skill does the same thing at level three, only it heals 224 hp instead of just 120. doesn't seem like much, but i'm sure added up over the lvls, it is significantly less of an increase than a cleric's heal skill. also i've had pointed out that a mystic's skill heals 9% of the hp of the target, not 9% of the caster's magic attack. if yer healing a barb, no doubt this will come in very useful, ad will probly end up being equal to a mage's morning dew skill when all is said and done.

so yes, mystics will be able to assist clerics in healing, just like wizards and psychics, big freakin deal.

as for the self res buff that lasts 15 minutes and can be cast on other people. i'm sure many clerics apreciate the backup. taht way when someone in the party dies, they don't have to stop healing the tank, the mystic buff has it covered. and since the buff can't be casted after a person is already dead, clerics are not obsolete in that way.

next ofcorse we have the damage abzorbtion skill for mystics, it's a timed skill, it doesn't last very long. a cleric's damage abzord skill is dependant on the mp of a cleric taht has an mp regain buff that lasts aslong as the cleric has mp, which if the cleric has some pots or an mp charm, can be a very long time.

let me add anouther thing that doesn't make clerics obsolete that i will add to the origional right now. mystics don't have the plethera of buffs a cleric has. no magic attack increase buff, no regain buff, no buff that increases every element of magic resist. just a buff that increases Pdef, water def, and wood def by less than a cleric's high lvl buffs.

--and now on to making venos obsolete...

come now people? really? you're worried about mystics being more overpowered than you? many people already consider venos overpowered, so you really shouldn't be complaining.

for those who are thinking to yourselves "what about their water wood and Pdef buff? isn't that gonna make venos useless agenst then with all their wood damage skills. no, they've skill got fox form skills to have fun with.

for those thinking "but then since the buff also gives Pdef fox form will be useless". um, wrong again. like i said most of the class is bound to be arcane, if you have REALLY low Pdef, and you increase it by 80%, guess what, you've still got horrible Pdef...

"but what about the ones that are gonna go light armor like you Vodoo?" um take it from me guys, i'm a light armor wizard that uses rock shield. even with the 80% increase to my earth resistance, earth monsters still hurt, ALLOT!

i've just stated the reasons venos will still be able to put up a fight agenst mystics both LA and arcane and with their buff skill on, but i'd like to add one more thing that will hopefully lessen your insecurity. i believe you have a skill known as soul transfusion? if you're an arcane veno especially, just hit that and watch them try and mow through the incredable amount of hp you now have while letting your pet do the rest for you.

i repeat, veno pets are more customizable, so already you have anouther positive thing right there.

is it just that you feel threatened that you now have someone who can attack with 2 bodies at once just like you? come now, is all that makes you feel strong being able to tag team other people? is that the only way you can win? it's time to start stratigizing. because now instead of having a clear advantage over all the other classes, there will be ONE other class that is a match for you. may the best stratigy win, goodluck. and in all seriousness, no sarcasm at all intended, i'm sure you're all prepared to put up one hell of a fight, and my prediction is that just because of your wish for your class not to look inferior you'll all find ways to destroy mystics. however, the mystics will be doing the same.

also, you can turn into a pretty fox, mystics just have a third eye.....

--and now, last but not least, the last of the classes they're a combination of, the wizards.

really? you think wizards can be driven further into the ground? after the creation of psychics for the most part wizards are a forgotten relic of simpler times! maybe afew people who have always wanted to be a guy veno but couldn't will switch to mystics, but fer most of those people, they're high lvl, and they've gotten used to having a female character, and don't care about it anymore.

wizards your rareness makes you valuable, and in my eyes i respect the few remaining wizards, you bring with you dragon breath grinding for easier power leveling, a beautiful lvl 59 water AoE skill, and are the only class on the game to have such an exstensive selection of fire based skills.

wizards, you'll always be rare due to the charge times of your skills being slower than a psychic's, but your already small numbers will barely be effected by the creation of mystics. but you will always survive for yous fire skills, your high mana regain rate, obnoxiously large mp tank, and your slow charging but exceedingly powerful skills.

a quick message to other classes, disrespect and knock down any class and it will become exstinct, i believe there is anouther thread about sage barbs becoming exstinct, my guess is that's because everyone thinks they're useless, not that they are at all, but many people have said it, so newer members will believe it. how many good things have any of you out there said about wizards and especially LA wizards fer that matter? don't awnser on this thread please, i don't care what the awnser is for you personally, just think about it please...

----AND NOW FOR SEEKERS!!!

does anyone actually think a BM with afew magic enhancements is gonna be over powered? "OMG they have a ranged skill and high damage" so do assassins, but seekers can't even go invisable. they're not a threat to other classes in the way of being "overpowered". basically a BM that can only use swords (the claymores were an incorrect statement by PWI) so it's a BM with less weapon options and afew weapon enhancements much like skills such as an archer's fire damage buff and the frost blade wizard skill. seriously, seekers are overpowered? what a joke, they seem perfectly balanced or dam close to it ta me...

----ANYONE STILL FREAKIN OUT???

anyone still think the new classes will ruin the game? if so you clearly didn't read correctly. and here are the links i'm getting my info from just so you know i ain't telling lies to you...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=930712

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php

Damage almost equivalent to that of Psychic's (Mystics)its reads in pwi wiki :D now i have other favorite class in pwi psychic and mystic <3b:dirty
  • Cathyz - Dreamweaver
    Cathyz - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011

from skill descriptions and other threads i've read, mystics are the result of a mage having a kid with a cleric, and then that kid havin a kid with a veno.

basically that means that they'll have acouple healing skills that probly don't come close to the effectiveness of a cleric's healing skills, a buff that increases the resistance of 2 specific elements and physical def, which will only increase those 3 by 80% instead of 100% and have no effect on their mp regain, and last but not least they will have a pet that isn't as customizable as a veno's pet.

why are you all so dam worried?

they're 3 downgraded classes slapped together to create a balanced class

also under the mage section of the thread: (a quick message to other classes, disrespect and knock down any class and it will become exstinct, i believe there is anouther thread about sage barbs becoming exstinct, my guess is that's because everyone thinks they're useless, not that they are at all, but many people have said it, so newer members will believe it. how many good things have any of you out there said about wizards and especially LA wizards fer that matter? don't awnser on this thread please, i don't care what the awnser is for you personally, just think about it please...)

except for the few like me that LOVE light armor, they will all be arcane mystics. yeah, great damage dealers, but only have slightly more of a range than venos and lower range on their skills than wizards. you know what that means? an assassin coming outta stealth right behind them with rib strike will destroy them. and an archer with a fully charged take aim skill will be able to strike them from a safe distance and destroy them before they blink.

for the ones who like light armor like me, wizards and psychics are going to destroy you if they get the jump on you, just like they can do with most other classes.

--making clerics obsolete?...

"they'll make clerics obsolete with their damage abzorb skill, res skill and healing skills Vodoo" yeah, uh huh, sure they will. every partner with a wizard and a psychic as an alternative to a cleric? well i have, and i gotta say, we can do a dam good job don't we psychick? i'm not saying we're a good alternative to a cleric, but it works alright. and while a wizard's morning dew skill is considerably more powerful than a cleric's at lvl 10. is this suddenly overpowering the old antique wizard that is going exstinct on PWI? a psychic's bubble of like skill is an AoE heal that heals again, considerably more than a cleric's ironheart blessing at lvl 10. so psychics are overpowered aswell?

besides, a mystics healing skills aren't AoE, they can't heal everyone at once, and they're way less powerful depending on your class. directly below is a post from the unofficial guide to the earthborn
    Emmanuel shine (level 3)
    Range: [20.2]m
    MP cost: [70]
    Channeling: 0.5 seconds
    Casting: 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown: 1 seconds
    Weapons: Magic instruments, unarmed
    Lvl up: 0+5k
    The friendly target recovers [120] plus [9]% of max HP

a cleric's blessing of the purehearted skill does the same thing at level three, only it heals 224 hp instead of just 120. doesn't seem like much, but i'm sure added up over the lvls, it is significantly less of an increase than a cleric's heal skill. also i've had pointed out that a mystic's skill heals 9% of the hp of the target, not 9% of the caster's magic attack. if yer healing a barb, no doubt this will come in very useful, ad will probly end up being equal to a mage's morning dew skill when all is said and done.

so yes, mystics will be able to assist clerics in healing, just like wizards and psychics, big freakin deal.

as for the self res buff that lasts 15 minutes and can be cast on other people. i'm sure many clerics apreciate the backup. taht way when someone in the party dies, they don't have to stop healing the tank, the mystic buff has it covered. and since the buff can't be casted after a person is already dead, clerics are not obsolete in that way.

next ofcorse we have the damage abzorbtion skill for mystics, it's a timed skill, it doesn't last very long. a cleric's damage abzord skill is dependant on the mp of a cleric taht has an mp regain buff that lasts aslong as the cleric has mp, which if the cleric has some pots or an mp charm, can be a very long time.

let me add anouther thing that doesn't make clerics obsolete that i will add to the origional right now. mystics don't have the plethera of buffs a cleric has. no magic attack increase buff, no regain buff, no buff that increases every element of magic resist. just a buff that increases Pdef, water def, and wood def by less than a cleric's high lvl buffs.

--and now on to making venos obsolete...

come now people? really? you're worried about mystics being more overpowered than you? many people already consider venos overpowered, so you really shouldn't be complaining.

for those who are thinking to yourselves "what about their water wood and Pdef buff? isn't that gonna make venos useless agenst then with all their wood damage skills. no, they've skill got fox form skills to have fun with.

for those thinking "but then since the buff also gives Pdef fox form will be useless". um, wrong again. like i said most of the class is bound to be arcane, if you have REALLY low Pdef, and you increase it by 80%, guess what, you've still got horrible Pdef...

"but what about the ones that are gonna go light armor like you Vodoo?" um take it from me guys, i'm a light armor wizard that uses rock shield. even with the 80% increase to my earth resistance, earth monsters still hurt, ALLOT!

i've just stated the reasons venos will still be able to put up a fight agenst mystics both LA and arcane and with their buff skill on, but i'd like to add one more thing that will hopefully lessen your insecurity. i believe you have a skill known as soul transfusion? if you're an arcane veno especially, just hit that and watch them try and mow through the incredable amount of hp you now have while letting your pet do the rest for you.

i repeat, veno pets are more customizable, so already you have anouther positive thing right there.

is it just that you feel threatened that you now have someone who can attack with 2 bodies at once just like you? come now, is all that makes you feel strong being able to tag team other people? is that the only way you can win? it's time to start stratigizing. because now instead of having a clear advantage over all the other classes, there will be ONE other class that is a match for you. may the best stratigy win, goodluck. and in all seriousness, no sarcasm at all intended, i'm sure you're all prepared to put up one hell of a fight, and my prediction is that just because of your wish for your class not to look inferior you'll all find ways to destroy mystics. however, the mystics will be doing the same.

also, you can turn into a pretty fox, mystics just have a third eye.....

--and now, last but not least, the last of the classes they're a combination of, the wizards.

really? you think wizards can be driven further into the ground? after the creation of psychics for the most part wizards are a forgotten relic of simpler times! maybe afew people who have always wanted to be a guy veno but couldn't will switch to mystics, but fer most of those people, they're high lvl, and they've gotten used to having a female character, and don't care about it anymore.

wizards your rareness makes you valuable, and in my eyes i respect the few remaining wizards, you bring with you dragon breath grinding for easier power leveling, a beautiful lvl 59 water AoE skill, and are the only class on the game to have such an exstensive selection of fire based skills.

wizards, you'll always be rare due to the charge times of your skills being slower than a psychic's, but your already small numbers will barely be effected by the creation of mystics. but you will always survive for yous fire skills, your high mana regain rate, obnoxiously large mp tank, and your slow charging but exceedingly powerful skills.

a quick message to other classes, disrespect and knock down any class and it will become exstinct, i believe there is anouther thread about sage barbs becoming exstinct, my guess is that's because everyone thinks they're useless, not that they are at all, but many people have said it, so newer members will believe it. how many good things have any of you out there said about wizards and especially LA wizards fer that matter? don't awnser on this thread please, i don't care what the awnser is for you personally, just think about it please...

----AND NOW FOR SEEKERS!!!

does anyone actually think a BM with afew magic enhancements is gonna be over powered? "OMG they have a ranged skill and high damage" so do assassins, but seekers can't even go invisable. they're not a threat to other classes in the way of being "overpowered". basically a BM that can only use swords (the claymores were an incorrect statement by PWI) so it's a BM with less weapon options and afew weapon enhancements much like skills such as an archer's fire damage buff and the frost blade wizard skill. seriously, seekers are overpowered? what a joke, they seem perfectly balanced or dam close to it ta me...

----ANYONE STILL FREAKIN OUT???

anyone still think the new classes will ruin the game? if so you clearly didn't read correctly. and here are the links i'm getting my info from just so you know i ain't telling lies to you...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=930712

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php

And one more thing High damage is psychics,mystics, and seekers "job" if they dont have good damage and their special skills they dont have any purpose
    (Example:like cleric and assasin etc if you take their damage or skills away what is left? nothing just class without purpose)
    If you want good healer you pick up cleric and if you want good damage dealer you pick up other class for it
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Necrooo o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
This discussion has been closed.