Newest Patch Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If you roll a few pages back you will see that I said I`m not really happy with the rank gear prices.

Why would I waste my time reading this thread in its entirety? Will GMS do it? Devs? Marketing team? Highly unlikely.

I don't need to read posts that I for the most part agree on. This sale is the worst thing pwi did--- to date.
    b:bye
  • Calmatica - Raging Tide
    Calmatica - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'd love to kick some of the R8/R9 users.

Rlly? u can do it with lunar weapon and TT gear? dont need high refining, vit stones, etc, etc etc? b:shutup
    U play the game?
    [SIGPIC]was fun but...[/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Then look it this way - I want to earn it without paying for it. Does it make sense ?

I think the only one who this doesn't make sense to is you... Players spent years farming for that gear, or tons of RL$ to get it. Then they log on & see a lot of their hard worked gear is useless (a lot is bound & cant even be resold...) & much better gear is available at 1/20 their paid price & 1/100 effort...

I feel so bad for CSers who previously purchased rank gears with the original prices... Seriously...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I`m seriously in doubt that the game will die as most people are predicting. When you get something you want, you are getting even more on the game as you already got what you wanted and you want to get even more or you just want to show what you've achieved to the rest.
    For example if I get Heaven Shatterer for my archer will I want to quit ? Of course no, I`ll play even more so I can enjoy it because I've struggled for it. Then I`ll fight to get better gear and roll people in TW and PvP.
    Personal opinion as a player.

Yeah, you're too new to understand why we are quitting.

Or why we have quit.

But the game has already died, your doubt or not.
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    That is life. You worked hard to finally afford a daily runner for a car and go home happy only to see 1 month later that a lot you just drove past has a wrx sti or a evo just 1 year old selling for the same price. Life goes on:

Get an upgrade.

On a serious note: may I suggest an unbinding stone be added to the cash shop.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I`m not a game expert and I`m making my conclusions on what I've seen. Nobody came here with the best knowledge of the game. I`m playing, talking to people, reading and watching stuff to learn something new. One thing I`ll never forget is where I begun. And yes, I think there's a way to defeat rank gear users. Come on you want to tell me that PvP is actually fair ? You can always get a squad and roll someone over.
    As long as you have the will to do something, you will find a way to do it.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I`m not a game expert and I`m making my conclusions on what I've seen. Nobody came here with the best knowledge of the game. I`m playing, talking to people, reading and watching stuff to learn something new. One thing I`ll never forget is where I begun. And yes, I think there's a way to defeat rank gear users. Come on you want to tell me that PvP is actually fair ? You can always get a squad and roll someone over.
    As long as you have the will to do something, you will find a way to do it.

Sorry numbers mean just about nothing. I'm a R6 archer with not really exceptional gear, and I can roll 5 or 6 9X baddies any day of the week if they don't have CS-quality gear. Now imagine an assassin with rank 8 or 9.

Even if you did find a squad to PvP with, ignoring the fact that most PvP in this game is dead, you'd still get rolled. Your optimism will only last you for so long at higher levels.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Lol, with this addition .. unbinding stones are just a matter of time.

Oh, no, wait. They wanna make more money, so they hope you gonna just destroy your gear and pay for the new, better one.

Grim is a player and has the feel of the game, hence he is disappointed.
    1. Since he is not 10x yet, he cannot understand the severity here FULLY.
    2. He stated his negative opinion on the topic, but he still needs to watch his mouth more than us - regular players.

Thanks Grim for the thread. It's easier for you (MOD work) and it should be easier for us all to dump it all in 1 place instead of hundreds of different threads.

The new additions are just a killer. This ain't fair at all. It sucks. It broke our hearts .. AGAIN...

And then... I read the new thread from Frankie about emergency maintenance and I think.. oh, they're rolling it back; gonna cause so much QQ from those that already bought stuff... and AWE the maintanence was only to... LOWER the prices and those that already purchased will be refunded.

LOLWUT????

But yea... I'm expecting NO logical reply to it.

GG!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • netlord
    netlord Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I understand the reason why they did the changes to cash sop however personnaly im pissed coz i was already rank 7 b:cry
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Players spent years farming for that gear, or tons of RL$ to get it.

So what.. How many people farmed rank before this high before this sale or spent cash on it... Who even cared for rank 9 before?
    Just the usual big spenders.
    So this sale is making it more available to people who dont have the dedication to farm. Development, I guess theres something bigger coming. But first more people need to reach the old 'high-end' gear. For the people who farmed..well sucks but thats the nature of things. What was rare once, will be common another day.

As for the gold prices coming with this sale.... lol I havent been buying any gold for a while and Im gonna stay with it til this mess is down again. 1.2mil per gold isnt acceptable for me.
    Tokens give me my daily needs, so do I care :p

But the rage on forums.... Yeah, Game is dead. If you want it to be. And now stop shoving those ugly sigs into everyones face, soon someones gonna get seizures from it...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The problems i have with this sale are many. Why did they do this sale?
    obviously to earn money, or did they just forget a zero on their price? Is it the final sale of PWI, to get some money before they go down? Are the upcoming change going to slightly nerf interval, so the gm's want to "compensate" for this slightly? Or will the new race and gear make even R8/R9 look poor? or.. my head's confused. So many thoughts and worries.

Part of the "fun" in an mmo for me is the process of getting better, and work for it. I CS a bit, and i farm a bit more. It kinda worked for me. I was excited when after a couple months i finally got my tome. But the R8 today was a hollow victory. Leaves me with a bitter taste. And what is it left to do in this game now? Bh? TT? Nirvana? TW? Well, Tw might be intresting, but the other daylies.. Just feels so pointless now.
    Perhaps it will be better soon. Maybe i can enjoy the game better now that i no longer need to worry about farming stuff, although farming/grinding is kinda the lifeblood of an MMO, in my opinion.

At least i can enjoy all the funny snowmen comments. makes me giggle quite a bit.

cheers.
    Heidi.
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So what.. How many people farmed rank before this high before this sale or spent cash on it... Who even cared for rank 9 before?
    Just the usual big spenders.
    So this sale is making it more available to people who dont have the dedication to farm. Development, I guess theres something bigger coming. But first more people need to reach the old 'high-end' gear. For the people who farmed..well sucks but thats the nature of things. What was rare once, will be common another day.

As for the gold prices coming with this sale.... lol I havent been buying any gold for a while and Im gonna stay with it til this mess is down again. 1.2mil per gold isnt acceptable for me.
    Tokens give me my daily needs, so do I care :p

But the rage on forums.... Yeah, Game is dead. If you want it to be. And now stop shoving those ugly sigs into everyones face, soon someones gonna get seizures from it...

How about you stop coming on the forums? IJS.

Re-read your message. You sit uptop your pretty little mountain where no one else lives, and you think the entire universe runs on what YOU do.

Someone needs to knock your *** to the dirt.
  • kevysk1
    kevysk1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I just charged 50 bucks for and it'll take a week to process. They better not remove the sale because people keep QQing :< IJS. I LOVE THESE SALES :<
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Don't forget to vote for PW in MMOSite Awards!

(lmao)

I think the ONLY good thing that could come out of this is that people will actually care about quests again, if the game survives long enough to have an "again". When I'm not depressed by this game again, I might do me some 1 man army or something; DQ points and quest rep at the same time and all.

Oh and the people by the rank guy right now is insane!
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Re-read your message. You sit uptop your pretty little mountain where no one else lives, and you think the entire universe runs on what YOU do.

How about you refrain from insulting the forum members in any way?
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Still to see anyone on the server in full R9 gear as yet, cmon people, chargeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    How about you refrain from insulting the forum members in any way?

Where did you see an insult? I did not call her any names.

If she chooses to think that being isolated and thinking what she does makes up for the fact that this 'sale' and this 'company' blows, is an insult, thats her problem. Not mine.

I followed the forum rules, bruh. Maybe by a hairline, but I did.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    Still to see anyone on the server in full R9 gear as yet, cmon people, chargeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Go on Archosaur server.
  • LaylaMoon - Raging Tide
    LaylaMoon - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    oh and there is something more... I dont know if somebody mentioned that but how do get venos nix and herc??
    I farmed coins for months untill the big pack sale came and I gave it up...... seriously how much will hercules cost now?

venos who collected money for legendary pets are the biggest victims among the classes (I dont want to discuss which rank 8 class is best because I dont know much about it)
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Well I guess then everyone whos playing PW still must be on top of that mountain lol Hell thats full, judging by what I see around :D

And I never said if I like or dislike the sale lol I simply said the gold prices arent my range.

Theres more to see than what happens on forums. I just dont get what people who claim 'Games dead' are still doing on those forums. If they meant it, well they would quit and wouldnt come back.

And ty grim :)
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The problem with the update is as simple as this: it will polarize the population. The CSers will be in rather good standing, able to farm much quicker and PVP better. The non-CSers will absolutely struggle in PVP and will have a lower, slower income PVE wise.

ANYTIME you create a huge gap between the "rich" and the "poor" in the economy, that's bad. Money doesn't trickle down to the poor: problems climb up. The poor will become frustrated and quit the game, leaving very few people for the rich to actually sell anything to. The rich themselves will have VERY limited demands, considering they all have r8/r9 gear: doesn't leave much room for improvement for them at ALL. The rich might not even take the god damn time to do any farming, since what the hell: why bother? They have end-game gear, why would they want TT mats or Nirvana crystals? This means the poor are left with a reduced amount of TT/Nirvana/Lunar avaliability, so prices on them remain about the same; hell, they might begin to increase after this sale is done and no one can buy their rank anymore.

So basically we have the poor non-CSers climbing a VERY steep hill, all while getting their butts kicked in PVP = they're gonna quit. Then we have the rich doing next to nothing since they already have end-game gear: no farming, no charging of zhen (these sales have also made +10 easier to come by...), just PVP and TW. Even there, they're likely to walk away disappointed when they realize everyone and their mother is wearing the "1337" equips they are.

An ACTIVE economy is a healthy economy. This update? This encourages half the population to simply give up while the other half buys their retirement for ~100 gold. Tell me how on earth this would end well.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well I guess then everyone whos playing PW still must be on top of that mountain lol Hell thats full, judging by what I see around :D

And I never said if I like or dislike the sale lol I simply said the gold prices arent my range.

Theres more to see than what happens on forums. I just dont get what people who claim 'Games dead' are still doing on those forums. If they meant it, well they would quit and wouldnt come back.

And ty grim :)

They are still here because they care and want to make a change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well,I play since 2008, and can really say this game is dead, not even fun anymore.
    This is what happens when they have money as a god...
    Greed destroyied RL's economy and now this game. And probably will happen to all their other games.
    I really would like to meet PW's Marketing Manager and see if he actually knows something about marketing.
    My suggestion is: leave this game or play to chat with friends, nothing more.
    There is no more sense farming gear or doing TW, like I always did since the beginnin.

if you're still charging zen or buying gold in AH: you're a total moron, I already said it tons of times, nothing new anyway. You're feeding greedy people that don't really care about you or the game...and in time, you made em ever more greedy...so much greedy that they were even able to destroy their own game.

For the GMs: your lies were fun......sometimes.

b:bye was a really cool game till it lasted, fun to meet you all
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • kevysk1
    kevysk1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The problem with the update is as simple as this: it will polarize the population. The CSers will be in rather good standing, able to farm much quicker and PVP better. The non-CSers will absolutely struggle in PVP and will have a lower, slower income PVE wise.

ANYTIME you create a huge gap between the "rich" and the "poor" in the economy, that's bad. Money doesn't trickle down to the poor: problems climb up. The poor will become frustrated and quit the game, leaving very few people for the rich to actually sell anything to. The rich themselves will have VERY limited demands, considering they all have r8/r9 gear: doesn't leave much room for improvement for them at ALL. The rich might not even take the god damn time to do any farming, since what the hell: why bother? They have end-game gear, why would they want TT mats or Nirvana crystals? This means the poor are left with a reduced amount of TT/Nirvana/Lunar avaliability, so prices on them remain about the same; hell, they might begin to increase after this sale is done and no one can buy their rank anymore.

So basically we have the poor non-CSers climbing a VERY steep hill, all while getting their butts kicked in PVP = they're gonna quit. Then we have the rich doing next to nothing since they already have end-game gear: no farming, no charging of zhen (these sales have also made +10 easier to come by...), just PVP and TW. Even there, they're likely to walk away disappointed when they realize everyone and their mother is wearing the "1337" equips they are.

An ACTIVE economy is a healthy economy. This update? This encourages half the population to simply give up while the other half buys their retirement for ~100 gold. Tell me how on earth this would end well.

As it stands now, all the csers are getting rid of their gear for cheap in order to get rank 8. I saw a guy selling lunar bow just to get 2 garnet gems. So it's not necessarily true that money isn't trickling down. In fact, it gets rid of the need for lunar gears since you can go rank 8.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2010

This is really truthful view of the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsunamin - Heavens Tear
    Tsunamin - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    While I agree with all that is said in this and the numerous other post's and threads. I learned from last year ani packs and the TT thing they are not gonna do anything about it. Zen is at 1 mil+ on HT server and that is what they wanted. someone told me it's the players, but the honest truth is look at what they been doing the past few months. It is not just the players but it is also the Management (Gm's, Dev's what ever). They know what makes the player greed come out and they bring the things and even put them on sale as well as numerous game changes. If you don't think they wanted this they you have not played PWI since Open Beta. Begging them to fix it is null. But I just hope the community survives all this stupid from this company.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    kevysk1 wrote: »
    As it stands now, all the csers are getting rid of their gear for cheap in order to get rank 8. I saw a guy selling lunar bow just to get 2 garnet gems. So it's not necessarily true that money isn't trickling down. In fact, it gets rid of the need for lunar gears since you can go rank 8.

But to what extent?

TT99 gear and TT nirvana gear is bound. They can't be sold. Besides that, weapons like this moving down is temporary: the moment this sale is over, those items will hold the same value they did for anyone who missed the r8 bus.

And other than that, all I can say is: have you fought a r8 player? There's a big gap in power between r8 players and anyone who doesn't have at least their nirvana gear. A Lunar weapon is nice but it's not gonna help much when faced with multiple r8 opponents.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Not to be mean but...
    we can all complain how much we want, nothing will change or rollback.
    ...the only thing to do is: Boycott gold, boycott everything.
    MAYBE things will change.
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My only concern?
    Getting paid a big enough check to get my little wizzy rank 8, and then figuring out how to afford his wep.

Though if I save two weeks pay....Hm....>.>....Gold prices at over 2 mil....Yeah I think I could work with that >:3
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Not to be mean but...
    we can all complain how much we want, nothing will change or rollback.
    ...the only thing to do is: Boycott gold, boycott everything.
    MAYBE things will change.

Honestly? I'm just hanging around to hear an official response from a GM as to what their thoughts/comments on the matter is, hence my thread. I can't even play the game right now. No point even logging in; I know I can't compete if I don't CS.
    I <3 AGOREY