Faction Icon Entry form problems

Options
Green_Earth - Sanctuary
Green_Earth - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Support Desk
Hey there, *waving* Hopefully someone can help me please?

Im the leader of a faction and had raised my level to Tier 3 a couple weeks ago. (I have the screenshots to prove it) We finally got our logo/banner designed and are ready to apply. (yay, so excited)

My problem is that when I follow instructions (to the letter) for the new procedure:
1. Log in to the PWE Site.
2. Click "My Account" at the top of the page.
3. Click "Faction Icon Submission" in the "My Profile" category.
4. Follow the instructions on the page and upload your icon!

I am unable to fill in ANY info blocks of the Fact. Icon Submission form as they are all greyed out. Anyone know what this is all about?

Also, I thought I was supposed to also submit a screenshot of my roster proving my level 3 status. No instructions seen regarding this, but maybe this is the procedure.

I have some restless members eager to see their new symbol. Can anyone help?

I know I can contact a GM during "working hours", but currently at work and will check the msg bds for replies incase it helps before I got to next step of contacting GM.

Any advice is gratefully appreciated,

Green_Earth
Post edited by Green_Earth - Sanctuary on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Moved to Technical support zone
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think a few folks have pointed out issues with the new icon loading system. If i were you I would just go the old route. Raise a support ticket, upload your icon (bmp or tif format i think), and a screenshot of your faction list showing you as leader and that it is a level 3 faction.

Note in your submission that you tried the web page but had problems. They will either reject it straight away or process it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Green_Earth - Sanctuary
    Green_Earth - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you so much for your response and helpful advice. Sounds good to me. I will try it.
    b:pleased
  • GoofySmurf - Raging Tide
    GoofySmurf - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I tried to submit my logo via ticket. I was informed i had to do it via
    My Account >Faction Icon Submission

but all areas are greyed out, and i have in red lettering
    "You must be a leader of a Tier 3 Faction in PWI to submit a faction icon."

when i replied to the ticket of this, they asked for a screen shot showing the problem of the Icon Submission page.

so. still waiting....

I was told on the same ticket i could not have the logo/icon i wanted, because it was to similar to an in-game default icon.

mmmm i know of a faction that has one..... but my faction can not?

so.. still waiting to see how i am supposed to submit a logo/icon
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Please submit a ticket explaining the issue, or reopen/add to your current ticket asking for an update.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • _beto_ - Raging Tide
    _beto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    so everybody need to make a ticket to put a logo?
    or is there something we can do to fix this?
    im having same problem atm.
    ty for your time
  • Adurnadghr - Archosaur
    Adurnadghr - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm lvl 61 and I have lvl 3 Faction but when I click My Account>Faction Icon Submission

I cannot click anything, cannot Browse, cannot select server and so on.....

What I need to do?

Any help will be appreaciated b:pleased

Please look at this picture, it has my name-I'm the leader, and my faction lvl 3....

looky.jpg

Sorry didn't read the post above, looks like most of u guys have the same problem as mine....

I hope they can fix it really soon.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigaJaw - Archosaur
    TigaJaw - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I have the same problem, i am the leader of a lvl 3 fact too. can't seem to submit the faction icon. and how do i submit that screenshot?
  • Hot_Spot - Raging Tide
    Hot_Spot - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This is still a problem. Can't upload, all greyed out.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    same issue for me, and i remember seeing this thread a while back actually. I've already submitted a ticket.. but do the GM's really need a screen shot to see that I am a level 3 faction leader? Seems to me that if the core system is supposed to be able to tell that information - a human being should be able to verify it as well (and not deal with broken coding).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver
    ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    reopened my original ticket of 6/16/2010 9:02 PM PDT on 9/27/2010 6:32 PM PDT because of no logo after getting this ticket response:

Solution
    Solved:
    (6/17/2010 12:10 PM PDT) Your faction logo has been submitted into the next queue of icons. This is a lengthy process and may take a few weeks to complete.

I commented again on 9/27/2010 6:32 PM PDT & uploaded a newer version of logo & new faction proof pic

commented again on 11/4/2010 1:50 PM PDT

Its currently 11/25/2010 & have yet to receive a reply from ticket submission as suggested or a logo.

& as with everyone else the new submission method does not see anyone as lev 3 faction leaders

If it is of any help my Ticket # is 15049-77754
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b:cryb:surrender
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It isn't Support's fault, please know that.

The faction icons are submitted to the developers every week, and Support works to get things implemented. It isn't always smooth.

Please reply back next Tuesday to your ticket.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • nightwolfking
    nightwolfking Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i Have a Lvl 3 Faction and i cant upload the icon its been weeks now and the submitting page is still not working how can i add an icon
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Make sure that you are using an updated web browser like Firefox of IE 8.

Make sure that you have Flash installed, and that Javascript is enabled in your browser. If you have any browser plugins, turn them of/disable them (like Noscript and Adblock).
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Replied today & will reply again tuesday

Also as you suggested i updated google chrome, firefox & IE8 + turned off all add-ons

It still does not see we are lev 3 leaders.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    and as also suggested still sending random ticket updates but still no reply

about to start a new ticket to see if it gets replied to.

I'll just start the whole process over again & see if this ticket last almost half a year as well.
  • ZeroxRuby - Sanctuary
    ZeroxRuby - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    They seem to still hav the trouble im so lost jus lvled my guild and it wont let me upgade the icon this sucks
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ATTENTION:

This worked for a few other people and myself with the same problem. For some reason it doesn't recognize that you're leader of a level three guild (I don't know if it's a glitch or what).

>> You simply have to make someone you trust (or yourself on a different account/different computer) the Director of the guild.

>> Pass leader position to the Director (and if you want to be safe you can shutdown the game).

>> Log back in and pass the Leader position back to your character. (Again, if you want to be certain it works shut it down, relog in).

Try the options for faction submission on My Account Page.b:laugh

If it still doesn't work, the only thing that can be done is ticket submission.b:surrender
  • Sakujyo - Heavens Tear
    Sakujyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wow! It really does work :D. Make this a Sticky Please. Thanks so much!

-Goes to close Support Ticket-
  • BtheAssasin - Sanctuary
    BtheAssasin - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This is still a problem. Can't upload, all greyed out.
    I'm lvl 61 and I have lvl 3 Faction but when I click My Account>Faction Icon Submission

I cannot click anything, cannot Browse, cannot select server and so on.....

What I need to do?

Any help will be appreaciated b:pleased

Please look at this picture, it has my name-I'm the leader, and my faction lvl 3....

looky.jpg

Sorry didn't read the post above, looks like most of u guys have the same problem as mine....

I hope they can fix it really soon.....

I had the same problemb:angry, so i sent in a ticket about the problem and how peoplle cant use the page, and the support guy told me to PASS THE LEAD TO SOMEONE AND HAVE THEM PASS IT BACK! The reason it doesnt load is because your profile doesnt recodnize u as the leader of ur faction or something :/ but i tried it and IT WORKED!b:victory so, give that a try. If u dont feel comfortable passing the lead send in a ticket and they will let u do it manually. Hope this helps! :)
  • kvixon1
    kvixon1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Just to inform everyone..i had a prob with the faction icon page being grayed out ..not able to access it ..i sent in a ticket and was informed to try switching leadership as the system may not have recognized the leadership..i did this and it did work..however i suggest if u pass leadership it should be someone u highly trust to give your leadership back..gl :)
  • Gizper - Raging Tide
    Gizper - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey all all you need to do is rotate lead to your director for like 2 seconds then have the director transfer lead back to you. Then you should be able to submit it if it is the right pixels and RGB level. Good luck!!!
  • ILadyGodiva - Heavens Tear
    ILadyGodiva - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ya i had this same problem and found out that if u have an alt on the same account also in the faction it wont work..i removed my alt then added her back when i simmited my icon

hope this helped
    [SIGPIC]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/designasite/ilady.png[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Sataila for the wonderful siggy!
  • misslavina
    misslavina Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey there, *waving* Hopefully someone can help me please?

Im the leader of a faction and had raised my level to Tier 3 a couple weeks ago. (I have the screenshots to prove it) We finally got our logo/banner designed and are ready to apply. (yay, so excited)

My problem is that when I follow instructions (to the letter) for the new procedure:
    1. Log in to the PWE Site.
    2. Click "My Account" at the top of the page.
    3. Click "Faction Icon Submission" in the "My Profile" category.
    4. Follow the instructions on the page and upload your icon!

I am unable to fill in ANY info blocks of the Fact. Icon Submission form as they are all greyed out. Anyone know what this is all about?

Also, I thought I was supposed to also submit a screenshot of my roster proving my level 3 status. No instructions seen regarding this, but maybe this is the procedure.

I have some restless members eager to see their new symbol. Can anyone help?

I know I can contact a GM during "working hours", but currently at work and will check the msg bds for replies incase it helps before I got to next step of contacting GM.

Any advice is gratefully appreciated,

Green_Earth

I also had the same grayed out issue and would like to shed light on some issues that might help anyone. I put in a ticket and this is what I found out in doing so. I made a lvl 3 faction, I went to go and submit a faction logo for my Barb as it's the leader and it won't let me do that once I'm logged in, and I want to submit a faction logo. and this is my response I got: (with only names of identity taken out, this is the full real conversation i had with them)

Support Staff: First of all, make sure you are using the most recent version of either Internet Explorer or Firefox. Next, make sure that you have the most recent Flash Player and that you have it enabled. Finally, clear your cache and cookies from your web browser, which can usually be found under the "Tools" tab. Reboot your browser, and try filling out the form again.(I did this here is my response:)

ME: I had Firefox, I reinstalled it, also had flash-player and reinstalled - both are the latest and completely removed and reinstalled. As they were freshly new there wasn't cache but I cleared it anyhow, the flash-player is working fine, I tested it on another game I play and it's working fine. I closed and reopened browser as well as going as far to restart my computer all over and I still get the submit faction icon and it's still grayed out, I went on IE and did the same thing, I can't get it working - I went on other computers as well it's grayed out and I can't get that silly picture above to get in there - it's got I hope what you asked for as I tried hard to make it so it's got a transparent background, BMP's don't go transparent but I did as you asked and I hope it's the way you wanted, but I still can't seem to upload it as you wanted me to.

ME: As mentioned in my trying yesterday I UN-installed everything and started over - I have gone on over 7 different computers and some not even in my house, all have the updated IE 9 or the updated Firefox 4 as well as others I have tried what include, Opera, Chrome, Safari - you asked to make sure I also had the most resent flash player so I made sure that Adobe Flash Professional CS5(10.1) what is the latest is on all them. As they are all fresh installs they have no cache or cookies but as we did use a few that were used, we cleared them as well. we closed all the programs as well as rebooting computers and we are still not getting that page to come up at all. conclusion to us is that it's YOUR website that is having the issues since you changed it over and - if by any chance others are getting it, we are puzzled as we are all computer techs and it's kicked our butts - please check it on your side to see if maybe there is something wrong with your website. As it's not working on anyones computers, we think it's your issue on your side. The icon I sent is suppose to have the transparent background with only the
    showing, if this is not done to your liking, can you please tell me what else is needed to make it so it's transparent before it's put on the barb. Thanks kindly for your help.

Support Staff: Unfortunately, the faction name is incompatible due to the containing special characters. Incompatible faction names are unable to be registered with a faction logo. The naming filters may not be able to catch all types of naming, whether it is inappropriate or incompatible. When creating a faction name, please make sure that it is appropriate and compatible like character names. Faction names must adhere to the same policies and restrictions as character names. If the faction name is deemed inappropriate, the faction leader may be banned and will have to disband the faction. If the faction name is incompatible, there may be problems with newer features, such as having an available faction logo. Faction NPC Warning: REMINDER: You'll be asked to enter a different name if the one you entered is already taken. Factions whose names contain foreign characters, numbers, symbols, offensive language, and/or any other things deemed inappropriate by the Support Staff are not allowed.

ME: Because it's characters in the naming of the faction is incompatible due to the containing special characters - will you allow me to rename it then? - so would I be allowed to make a new name for the faction without the special characters as they are the ALT+ char made.

Support Staff: You are free to continue with the current faction name that you have. The only issue is that no faction logo can be processed with the incompatible name. To make sure that the faction name is compatible, simply check if all the entered symbols could also be entered into a character name as well.

ME: I don't want to be stuck with a faction I can't use and don't want to give it to someone else. and to answer your question or comment on comparable as a name, no it can't be used as a chars name. it's totally not usable, if I take everyone out, can you just delete that faction?

Support Staff: For the old faction, you are free to keep the name and have it held on an alternate character. If you have the faction deleted, it may be possible to obtain again in the future. Unfortunately, support staff or GMs cannot delete factions as it can only be removed properly through normal game functions.

ME: the way I understand it, it's a lvl 3 faction and I can't delete it - this meaning unless I give it to someone else, I will never be able to get rid of it and it's around forever. so for this comment "If you have the faction deleted, it may be possible to obtain again in the future." I don't understand, I just want to get rid of it all together if you will not allow me to change the name of it. So this comment "Unfortunately, support staff or GMs cannot delete factions as it can only be removed properly through normal game functions." being as it's a lvl 3 faction I CAN'T get rid of it unless I give it to someone, is this what you are saying? (I know I can use it on an alt char, I'm asking about deleting it 100%)

Support Staff: Yes, passing it to an alternate character and then deleting the character, would have the faction completely deleted. However, for deleted factions, it may be possible for someone else to obtain that same name sometime after. Although this situation is very unlikely, unless the faction has a common name.

IN A NUTSHELL - make sure you are using Adobe Flash Professional CS5(10.1) and IE 9 or Firefox 4 (however I have seen it work with other browsers as long as they hold the "other browser" flash player that can be found on the Adobe website. When on that website, find the download section and hit on OTHER BROWSERS, this will give you that - as long as you can get flash-player active, it should work) and as well as NOT have strange characters in your name, another words if you can't make it in your characters name, you won't be able to get a LOGO on your FACTION name.

If you find that the faction has correct characters as you would in your name, it might be the server if you have done everything above correctly, put in a ticket.

this is NOT to say that it will work still as they do have server issues and this might not help with your issue, but I do hope this helps you, it was great info for me as I changed all my factions names to make it so they don't have special chars in the faction name.
  • fingybob
    fingybob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey i got a lvl 65 sin Leader of ObIivion (looks like Oblivion) tier 3 faction, and as all of us here i cant fill any of the gray boxes......>.< come on someone help us all out!!!!! We need help!!
  • KinGNeo - Lost City
    KinGNeo - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would like my faction to have a icon but the system up laoder does not work,
    My friends became leader @ one time to see if that was the issuse but know.
    please help load my Icon Cause my faction is small but very friendly and very helpfull the guys and gurl in my faction have done alot make abd do alot and deservite it plz help me
    Out

ty Very much factionLeader KinGNeo and Close friend of the Inmortals

IceKingslogo.jpg vthis is the icon i have post and want post please help

f_o_c_u_s_Z_e_r_oKinGneo.jpg
  • Poise_seeker - Raging Tide
    Poise_seeker - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i just tried for my fac... same problem all greyed out b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KinGNeo - Lost City
    KinGNeo - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I would like my faction to have a icon but the system up laoder does not work,
    My friends became leader @ one time to see if that was the issuse but know.
    please help load my Icon Cause my faction is small but very friendly and very helpfull the guys and gurl in my faction have done alot make abd do alot and deservite it plz help me
    Out
    As much money as i put in to game i thinku guys can aleast do this for Us Icekings is lvling and quick they desever it please do my icon tonite please

ty Very much factionLeader KinGNeo and Close friend of the Inmortals
    b:shockedIceKingslogo.jpgIceKingslogo.jpgIceKingslogo.jpgIceKingslogo.jpg
  • bloodo
    bloodo Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ok i have submitted my icon at least 20 times for the past 90 days or so, there have been at least 3 updates since the very 1st time ive submitted my icon which was well over 2 months ago. this is MAJOR BS. i want to hear from the staff wth my icon isn't in the game yet. how many times do i have to submit it before yal get that flippin thing added to my allliance. im really getting sick of having to submit it every day. so here is what i am expecting to happen. a pwi staff member should reply back telling me why my icon hasn't been processed in the 2-3month period its been submitted.
    oh btw other than that i love the game guys oh an 1 last thing is there anyway yal could fix the falling glitch. it sux jumping off a hill an glitchin till you finally hit the ground like 10 seconds later.