Permanent tiger packs, at 25% reduction

Options
Rawrgh - Raging Tide
Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Cause once GMs saw gold at 600k last time they were like "oh yea we have to do this again"

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=146721
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
Post edited by Rawrgh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yep the Greedy PWE has Finally Destroyed this game it was already going down the drain but now its official. RIP PWI b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kashin - Heavens Tear
    Kashin - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yea what happened to the bulk Sunshine packs? b:scorn Someone at PWI HQ feels that sunshines couldn't drive gold high enough so must bring Tigers back instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you people didnt see this coming? i did. and the community is partly responsible since they eat up packs like candy which in turn makes it a popular sales item.

business is business and you (the customers) played right into there hands.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Cause once GMs saw gold at 600k last time they were like "oh yea we have to do this again"

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=146721

Off topic but it's not gm that make decision of something like these, they just admin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    *sigh* When will people learn the difference between "indefinitely" and "permanently"? b:surrender

"Until further notice" doesn't mean it's permanent.

In fact, considering the absence of Earthguard items in the packs, it seems pretty likely that the old packs will all go away after the Genesis expansion comes out, much as the Anniversary Pack went away after the Rising Tide expansion came out.

Oh, and the game will keep on surviving just fine, Joel. Thanks for your concern. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yep the Greedy PWE has Finally Destroyed this game it was already going down the drain but now its official. RIP PWI b:bye

I'm just curious....why is it this pack sale that sounds the death knell, and none of the other sales that have gone on, every other week or so, for the past year?
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It doesn't matter if it's perm or not Sango zzzzz
    Didn't Frankie say in a thread that he cared about balancing the gold price or something?
    lol...
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah... so much for GM's caring about the ecconomy.

oh no wait it was TW income that caused inflation *stares at 600k gold price...*
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    *sigh* When will people learn the difference between "indefinitely" and "permanently"? b:surrender

In fact, considering the absence of Earthguard items in the packs, it seems pretty likely that the old packs will all go away after the Genesis expansion comes out, much as the Anniversary Pack went away after the Rising Tide expansion came out.

Oh, and the game will keep on surviving just fine, Joel. Thanks for your concern. b:chuckle

Your right it's not permanent, however with wording like that who can blame people for almost immediately being pessimistic about the future with packs? I sure can't. =x

I really can't help but agree with people on this, pretty scary to know that there really is no telling when the packs will be removed.

Though on a side note I have gotten slightly used to packs being in the game, however I still do NOT like the gold prices. So expensive. QQ Especially when someone who doesn't make that much to begin with gets nothing but tokens. D:
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lets all Celebrate the Return of the Packs lol And finally a GM who doesnt lock threads xD GJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah... so much for GM's caring about the ecconomy.

oh no wait it was TW income that caused inflation *stares at 600k gold price...*

High gold price is due to high demand and not inflation, since gold was around 330k last month. They create demand for gold as well as incentives for charging to get packs in order to get more game income. As a side effect, the higher demand for gold caused increase in gold price. Everything but gold have become cheaper in game, where is your inflation now?
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lets all Celebrate the Return of the Packs lol And finally a GM who doesnt lock threads xD GJ

!!!
    Wheres?! I don't remember assigning such a GM.
    D:<
    O, that's just Sangdoc. Not a GM. A wiki mod.
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah, they totaly saw gold rising and thought
    "wow, that's something that PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT TO BUY, lets put it again".
    oh wait.
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Options
    storehammy wrote: »
    !!!
    Wheres?! I don't remember assigning such a GM.
    D:<
    O, that's just Sangdoc. Not a GM. A wiki mod.

Same thing if u ask me one just doesnt be in game i think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »

I think you should be quiet for this moment. Don't even know your "own" game. 600k to get a piece of gold?
    You need my dollar to eat, np i'll give u. Just be quietb:shutup
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Packs would only kill the game if people cared anymore. I profit off of Packs, besides Packs round keep my Pots, BH wine, Sockets, Chips, Gems, and many other things that I use every day in game, cheap and afforable!

Just FYI, if you use anythign that comes for ma pack youare contributing ot the problem and not helping it. Sooo, why QQ about something you use?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Options
    But ur Missing the Purpose There giving you gears that you are suppose to Farm and work Really hard for End game not lvl 20 ppl who decide " Oh Tiger Packs let me try my Luck" Duke Shouts: Let it be known Insert Name Here has Got a Lunar Glade insignia. It would be okay if they did it once a year not every Month then take a 1 week Break and Guess what they come right back. Im just saying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    There giving you gears that you are suppose to Farm and work Really hard for End game

You probably don't even know how hard it is to get half that stuff by just farming it in-game in the first place.

Also, tokens make MP pots. Eoria likes cheap MP pots. More tokens means even cheaper MP pots.

Edit- "Until further notice" probably means until new expansion comes out or until next Chinese New Years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    But ur Missing the Purpose There giving you gears that you are suppose to Farm and work Really hard for End game not lvl 20 ppl who decide " Oh Tiger Packs let me try my Luck" Duke Shouts: Let it be known Insert Name Here has Got a Lunar Glade insignia. It would be okay if they did it once a year not every Month then take a 1 week Break and Guess what they come right back. Im just saying

Well, since the first anniversary, we've had a few periods of no packs at all.

And this is insane. We don't even have the packs yet and gold has shot up to 535,000 highest buy. That's a jump of about 100,000 just because they got the news of the pack sale.

Oh well, guess this just means I'll be grinding DQs for my Tienkangs and Tishas. No way I'll pay 130k for each of those. Well, at least until they decide to take the Event Gold out of the exchange.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • FluffiKitty - Heavens Tear
    FluffiKitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You have all. Lost THE game.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sethh wrote: »
    I think you should be quiet for this moment. Don't even know your "own" game. 600k to get a piece of gold?
    You need my dollar to eat, np i'll give u. Just be quietb:shutup

Why do you even need gold anymore? With dp, everything is given to you for free already. There isn't much boutique offers that is actually useful. So what if gold is 600k? The packs themselves only go for 350k.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You have all. Lost THE game.

Its been over where have you been?

/onlyoneofdecentsizeIcouldfindsinceIdontknowwherethecopyIhaveis
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Same thing if u ask me one just doesnt be in game i think

And I'm just saying, complaining doesn't do anything to help it. And not only that .. you're complaining about something you use.. thus it makes you a hypocrite. o.o; Besides so many things have become more available because of Packs: Sage/Demon Skills for ALL classes, Gear that is insanely hard to farm, Guardian Scrolls, Do-All Cards, I could go on. Packs are not ALL bad! So what? Gold is a little more expensive then it used to be, but the cost is offset by the fact that my daily needs are taken care of.

Besides, You have just as much opportunity as I do to earn money in game and by those "meant to be farmed" things.

You know, Most people Chip their gold mats for TTs and what not now... So in a way thats buying their gear anyway. Even I have done it. The thing is a little handwork still gets you the same, end result as those that use RL cash. They just get there a little faster. Knowing you got your gear the way you feel you should have is good enough. Other people's opinions on it shouldn't matter. Who are you to tell someone how to spend their money. =D

My friend bought his gear with RL money. So yeah he had his gear about six months ago. Well now I have most of my gear and I got it with all in game money that was farmed and worked for in game. Just took a little longer then him. We stll have the same gear. No way to tell the difference really! *nod nod*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    edited November 2010
    Options

you are not supposed to do anything. you are not supposed to work hard. it's a game.
    besides, if you want that, all mats (tt,lunar,even coal) should be untradeable. like wraith's eyes etc (yes i'm slowly farming my boots ^.^). otherwise people would always be able to buy their gears, even if there is no official way.
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Options
    haha I havent Bought packs since they were called Anni Packs back on DW. And the only reason i bought them was because it was something new. As for being a Hypocrit If you count that Very long time ago then maybe yea as for now not at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    Why do you even need gold anymore? With dp, everything is given to you for free already. There isn't much boutique offers that is actually useful. So what if gold is 600k? The packs themselves only go for 350k.
    I forgot where I could get dragon orbs with dragon points, please show me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited November 2010
    Options
    haha I havent Bought packs since they were called Anni Packs back on DW. And the only reason i bought them was because it was something new. As for being a Hypocrit If you count that Very long time ago then maybe yea as for now not at all.

Using anyhting tha comes form a pack means you encourage the sales of them. Have you ever bought a token? Those are Packs only things... The Herbs and Crab Meats.. you can't tell me you don't use them?

All I can say is, don't complain abotu what others have... and get it yourself. You can farm it! Others do. You're not alone! But taking packs away would do more harm then good at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Fantastic - on Heavens Tear we will see:

Congratulations Sabeel on another Perfect Token of Best Luck or Congratulations Vnd(whatever the rest of the name is) on another Blazing Tempest.

Really makes me want to buy more packs and get nothing but Tokens of Luck - woot b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
    edited November 2010
    Options

i think that her point was...

do you pay 30k wine fee?
    do you pay 140k for a flawless?
    do you pay 26k for a do-all card?
    1.7mil for the 79 skills?
    35k for sub? or give the subber only 3-4mirages per sub?
    9k for teles?
    do you use crab meat? herb ~whatever it's called~
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I forgot where I could get dragon orbs with dragon points, please show me.

Right in between the gold charms & the platinum charms