Permanent tiger packs, at 25% reduction

Options

Comments

• Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Fantastic - on Heavens Tear we will see:

Congratulations Sabeel on another Perfect Token of Best Luck or Congratulations Vnd(whatever the rest of the name is) on another Blazing Tempest.

Really makes me want to buy more packs and get nothing but Tokens of Luck - woot b:surrender

Sabeel uses In game money for their packs.. and she also uses the winnigns from packs to buy more packs.... which is what a lot of people who make good in game coin do. IJS, Sabby is awsome! =D

@Thanos: Yesh thats just what I meant. b:victory Mostly cause ... I certainly don't wanan go back to paying 940k per Flawless Gem... >.< I remember spending that much coin on the first TT80 weapon I had... because such items weren't cheap at the time... Packs changed a lot of things but they did a lot of good for the basics of this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I forgot where I could get dragon orbs with dragon points, please show me.

Apparently it was too much for them to code it so that you could either trade event gold for all Dragon Orbs or that any orbs made from the 1* orbs would share the untradeableness. Or, most likely, they figured that the Ocean Orb sales would plummet if people could get Ocean Orbs with event gold.

Personally, I'm expecting them to take out the Event gold ticket sooner or later. Right now it'd be insane to do, because it was just put in and they have a charm sale going on so it could only be interpretted as them wanting to maximize zen sales.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Actually I get Crab meats from my Sqaud members since theres so many of them going around lol. as for Herbs i Use Pots since I am a Barb and Magic only takes like 1 MP lvl 80 pot. But I rarely Play anymore but ok Guess i will stop complaining. Since I cant complain without getting called a Hypocrit lol. How bout those Lakers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I love packs o .o makes things interesting, **** the wings and all the shiny mounts, give me a **** scroll of tome and ill be happy DX b:chuckle b:bye
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear
    Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    *sigh* When will people learn the difference between "indefinitely" and "permanently"? b:surrender

"Until further notice" doesn't mean it's permanent.

In fact, considering the absence of Earthguard items in the packs, it seems pretty likely that the old packs will all go away after the Genesis expansion comes out, much as the Anniversary Pack went away after the Rising Tide expansion came out.

Oh, and the game will keep on surviving just fine, Joel. Thanks for your concern. b:chuckle

+1 for your sympathy and support !
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I forgot where I could get dragon orbs with dragon points, please show me.

DQ point > sage/demon event card > event boutique, but they cant be combined for higher star orbs, so who cares, tisha and tienkangs are 1 event gold a piece though.

@Sangdoc: arguing about the difference between between "indefinitely" and "permanently" is just playing semantics. especially since "permanently" implies the game will last forever, while "indefinitely" more closely fits the premise that the game will go off-line at some point, and they are just milking the population for fun and profit until that day.

or maybe the change from "permanently" with coral packs, to "indefinitely" with tigers is a Minor localization
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Actually I get Crab meats from my Sqaud members since theres so many of them going around lol. as for Herbs i Use Pots since I am a Barb and Magic only takes like 1 MP lvl 80 pot. But I rarely Play anymore but ok Guess i will stop complaining. Since I cant complain without getting called a Hypocrit lol. How bout those Lakers

I was not trying to attack you, I was simply trying to get you to lok at the benefits rather then the negativity. I am not saying that there was not a downside to packs... but there was even more good. Be happy and enjoy the lighter side of it. Don't dwell on the negativity... It only makes things unpleasant for you and those around you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The Packs have been there for a long time now, they aren't the problem. The problem it's the 25% reduction, looks like thats the factor that increases Gold lately.

Just when I was about to have enough to get a bunch of White Pigments, now I need more coins... =o_O=

Even if the increased price it's compensated with the reduction on packs, ruins the other Boutique items. Too bad that the 'indefinitely' will, for sure, last more than the Pigments promotion...
    [insert sig here]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Meh...just bought 20 Coral Packs before the server went down and got a Rapture Chest, lol...Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet...but that was all I got...

Can't wait for the Tiger Packs to be back and better than ever!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lol No hard Feelings But really though how bout those Lakers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    *sigh* When will people learn the difference between "indefinitely" and "permanently"? b:surrender

"Until further notice" doesn't mean it's permanent.

In fact, considering the absence of Earthguard items in the packs, it seems pretty likely that the old packs will all go away after the Genesis expansion comes out, much as the Anniversary Pack went away after the Rising Tide expansion came out.

Um:
    indefinitely adverb
    for a period of time with no fixed end

permanently adverb
    always and forever

From that, you can easily figure that until you get the end, "indefinitely" is exactly "permanently". After all, just because there is no deadline right now does not mean that there will someday be one. And because there is none, it's effectively the same as being permanent.

Also, yes we did see Anniversary packs go away with the Tideborn expansion, but we then saw a bunch of new packs, each with lower and lower odds of getting anything but Tokens. Also, the reasons for these packs became less and less important: started with anniversary, then a Chinese Celebration, then a new class, then ... something? Why did they put in Sunshine packs again? Oh, and Sunshine packs are also the only ones that break the rule of lower or equal odds to the one before them: They have the same odds as Tiger packs.

Sunshine packs have pretty much the same content and chances as a Tiger Pack. We got a Sunshine pack sale lasting until December, without the batch sales. We were promised the batches this maintenance. Instead, we get a discount on Tiger Packs, which we already had like two weeks ago. That just cannot be interpreted as anything but greed.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    DQ point > sage/demon event card > event boutique, but they cant be combined for higher star orbs, so who cares, tisha and tienkangs are 1 event gold a piece though.

@Sangdoc: arguing about the difference between between "indefinitely" and "permanently" is just playing semantics. especially since "permanently" implies the game will last forever, while "indefinitely" more closely fits the premise that the game will go off-line at some point, and they are just milking the population for fun and profit until that day.

or maybe the change from "permanently" with coral packs, to "indefinitely" with tigers is a Minor localization

So, Sangdoc pulled a frankieraye. frankieraye is proud of ya Sangdoc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

ROFL really? Is that the best explanation you come up with? Ya sure, Anniversary Pack went away after Rising Tide expansion, but what then? Oh right, tiger pack, sunshine pack, lucky coral... they are all the same shiit just with different names (except a few modifications of rewards). And I am sure that PWI will come up with a new pack to "celebrate" the release of Earthguard, probably with a lame-*** name like Fish Pack lol

Sangodoc, you response was a joke.
  • Solinarie - Dreamweaver
    Solinarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you people didnt see this coming? i did. and the community is partly responsible since they eat up packs like candy which in turn makes it a popular sales item.

business is business and you (the customers) played right into there hands.

i totally agree
    This will make you laugh!
    1) Open Google Maps (directions).
    2) Type China as your starting point (A).
    3) Type Taiwan as your destination (B).
    4) Read step 48.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    wow are you trying to play smartass, they removed the 1* D.Orb from event boutique long ago anyway, do you even play the game?

Yes I'm pissed, I'm ****ing raging right now. I've been piling up coins to buy gold for next refine sale but there's no ****ing way I can do that with 600k gold permanently. I need to refine my **** and weapon and now I'm supposed to just take it for 600k a pop?

I've been saying over and over again that we need a non-cash-shop ****ing way to farm D.Orbs but nobody listens this pisses me off beyond reason.

**** boutique exclusive extreme-gameplay-altering and power from the cash shop. **** this stupid game.
    edited November 2010
    Options
    wow are you trying to play smartass, they removed the 1* D.Orb from event boutique long ago anyway, do you even play the game?

Yes I'm pissed, I'm ****ing raging right now. I've been piling up coins to buy gold for next refine sale but there's no ****ing way I can do that with 600k gold permanently. I need to refine my **** and weapon and now I'm supposed to just take it for 600k a pop?

I've been saying over and over again that we need a non-cash-shop ****ing way to farm D.Orbs but nobody listens this pisses me off beyond reason.

**** boutique exclusive extreme-gameplay-altering and power from the cash shop. **** this stupid game.

Angry much? ... (o.o) ...

Anyway, you choose to play this so-called "stupid game", mostly because it is free for you to play it, am I right?

If so, how do you think it's free? That's right, because of that "boutique exclusive extreme-gameplay-altering and power from the cash shop". Without that, do you think people would put money into the game consistently?

This would cause the game to have to solve their problem through the implementation of one of two emergency situations:

1) Shut down the game entirely, which would completely suck for everyone involved.

or

2) Make it a monthly subscription P2P game.

Would you be happy with either of these solutions? And answer honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

damn, son.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options

Anyway, you choose to play this so-called "stupid game", mostly because it is free for you to play it, am I right?

If so, how do you think it's free? That's right, because of that "boutique exclusive extreme-gameplay-altering and power from the cash shop". Without that, do you think people would put money into the game consistently?

This would cause the game to have to solve their problem through the implementation of one of two emergency situations:

1) Shut down the game entirely, which would completely suck for everyone involved.

or

b:laugh You're not officially a moderator just yet. Sucking up already? Or were you always a PWE-suck-up? I wouldn't know since I've not seen you in General Discussion until recently.

You must be pretty simple minded if you think every sale PWE implements into the boutique can be justified with F2P. Congrats PWE on picking a stella candidate to be one of the next moderators.

I hope you don't post in such a condescending tone when you're trolling on your moderator account. How unprofessional. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I just "wanna" see something like this in future *sigh*

Luxury Pack 10 gold each, 450 gold for bulk of 50.
    Contains everything available from currently existing packs EXCEPT:
    Tokens, BL tokens, Plat Charms, Sapp. Gem.

My assumption of gold price is 2mil per... GZ PWE, you reached the limit now so you gotta bring it higher...
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b:laugh You're not officially a moderator just yet. Sucking up already? Or were you always a PWE-suck-up? I wouldn't know since I've not seen you in General Discussion until recently.

You must be pretty simple minded if you think every sale PWE implements into the boutique can be justified with F2P. Congrats PWE on picking a stella candidate to be one of the next moderators.

I hope you don't post in such a condescending tone when you're trolling on your moderator account. How unprofessional. b:bye

Not sucking up, see no need to. Haven't in the past, and was considered a good candidate for the position anyway. And if the tone seemed condescending, it was more because I was a bit...dismayed at the amount of asterisked words in his post, signifying his severe displeasure over something that is necessary to keep the game going and F2P. He wasn't citing the packs as the cause, he was citing the boutique in general. No boutique means no money for PWE, which means they have to get it elsewhere...

Edit: And I tended to avoid General Discussion because of the overabundance of threads that are absolutely meaningless. I preferred to spend my time in the forums where I was able to be the most helpful, Technical Support and Beginner's Guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options

Then again, wizards suck so much that even if you had +12 all gear with 4 sockets with G12 gems in them, you'd still get beaten by every 5 aps character and psychics wearing TT70. Right?

b:cute
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Then again, wizards suck so much that even if you had +12 all gear with 4 sockets with G12 gems in them, you'd still get beaten by every 5 aps character and psychics wearing TT70. Right?

b:cute
    Meh you'll be surprised how many people don't know how to play properly around here. Against a competent player though? I got almost no chance to kill 1v1 without a few crits in a row. But I'm not too concerned about 1v1 anymore, since all I ever do is events (DT / tourny / TW) where I don't get stunned instantly and *****.
  • Calindil - Heavens Tear
    Calindil - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

And here I was, under the impression that a condescending nature was a requirement to be considered for and properly fulfil the position of moderator....

On topic: while I'm all in favour of the fringe benefits that the packs provide (cheaper shards/mp food and so on), it seems to be getting to the point where they don't outweigh the massively inflated gold prices that result from their constant promotion. You buy a nice cheap set of shards for gear once, and that's great and all, but all the other on-going stuff you need gold for (mostly thinking dragon orbs here, but other things too) keep edging further out of reach for the average F2Per who doesn't live in game. I'd finally gotten acclimatised to the recent gold prices, having budgeted my next set of upgrades based on 450k gold, and now this... >__>
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    And here I was, under the impression that a condescending nature was a requirement to be considered for and properly fulfil the position of moderator....

Clearly he hasn't max leveled his stealth mode. Posting around here, you really need at least level 10, preferably Sage or Demon, otherwise you're going to get your posts riped apart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

or

Are you really that naive? Do you think that every F2P game offers god mode for enough money?

And do you really think that without driving up the price of gold to 600k each will cause them to not be able to fund this game?

I could link you to several F2P games that don't offer cash shoppers a ridiculous advantage over others.

And have you forgotten the 1 year that PWI was out before we had packs and 400k+ gold?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

How does that matter? Anniversary Packs were taken out because the odds of winning some things were too good and the introduction of the Script of Fate and the desire to take event boots/helm out of packs. It had nothing to do with gear specifically lacking for TB.

Lunar Insignia: Weapon and Frostcover Sign: Force both had additional items put into the redemption at the Botique Agent and they themselves didn't need to change them, just the npc.

You are wrong quite often. Tsk tsk...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes I apologize, I did say I was raging, had to get that off. Not that I am happy now though.
    The same reason people buy packs?
    Most of the gear from packs can be farmed in-game but people still buy them.
    Why can't the same be done with D.Orbs. b:infuriated

And PS I'd rather spend 15$ a month and know I can be competitive than spend 100$ a month and find out I need to shell out $5000 or more to compete.
  • Calindil - Heavens Tear
    Calindil - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Clearly he hasn't max leveled his stealth mode. Posting around here, you really need at least level 10, preferably Sage or Demon, otherwise you're going to get your posts riped apart.

Yeah, totally. Any prospective mods in need of a role model that's got condecension down to a fine art, look no further than , he's got it going on.

Not gonna mention names for obvious reasons, though I've mentioned his name to you before in PMs, Axe, lol. For those of you playing along at home, he's posted in this topic already.

And as for the choice of wording of "indefinitely"... what option are we left with but to assume it means "very long term at the least", or "exit of which will coincide with the introduction of a similar yet new pack"? I mean, really. To argue that it doesn't mean "for all eternity" in a literal sense is self-evidently moot, in the context of a game that isn't gonna be around forever.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Price of gold formed so:

(Price of gold)=(Sum Of Coins Available Per Player) *((Demanded Quantity Of Gold) / (Proposed Quantity Of Gold))

If we now have low (Proposed Quantity Of Gold) with same (Demanded Quantity Of Gold), then (Price of gold) is big.

Edit:

I will post new thread, so this post will be visible for all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=Sangodoc;10961442
    [/QUOTE]

I'm scared to think about the "Earthguard" packs....

10% chance to win all of your endgame gear in one sitting
    5% chance to get an auto-ban
    55% chance to get tokens
    20% chance to get charms
    10% chance to get some random mount

100% chance of seriously damaging the economy.

And here we all were worrying about Sunshines. Ha.