The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Options

Comments

• rowlithe
    rowlithe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hey I found a section of a building that you can see through... I don't know if someone has already told you about this but, it is in the North District of the elf town, I can't remember the name, at the Co-ords 323, 432,^21. When the camera is positioned on the ground, you can see the NPC on the other side of the building.

I would have added a picture but i don't now how to add a pic...
  • yukmowth
    yukmowth Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The second to last boss in Nirvana, the bird boss, gets stuck in pillars half the time. Either remove those pillars or fix your potholes, please.
  • Xallah - Archosaur
    Xallah - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Using a Genie's Alpha Male ability removes Bramble Guard rank 10 from the character's current buffs. I don't know about Demon/Sage rank because I don't have that yet. Please allow Bramble Guard to remain buffed after Alpha Male has been cast. A buff shouldn't remove another positive buff unless it's better and/or lasts equally as long or longer. While Alpha Male is better for a short period of time, it only lasts a matter of seconds whereas Bramble Guard lasts 10 minutes (20 as Sage).
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm not entirely certain if this goes in this post, but whenever I try to delete a post I get this redirect...

blahhhh.jpg?t=1287397089

Rather odd if you ask me
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • Magicalfist - Sanctuary
    Magicalfist - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I got some problem too, when I log in on my assassin, I get kicked off the game and I see bug report. I can log in on my wizard on the same account. Can this be fixed? Please?
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @ Menarin

This happens randomly now, ever since the forums were changed from an older format to the current one. It happens sometimes when you try to either edit or delete a post. The post is edited/deleted, but then it kicks you to the redirect. Confusing, yes. Problematic? not really, as there is no issue with the posts being edited/deleted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    debuffed mob automatically aggros upon respawn

server: Archosaur ~ 644,173 (Wave Breaker Cliff area)
    mob(s): Netherworld Soulreaper & Pale Archlich

If mob is killed with veno skill Ironwood Scarab, then Heal Pet is used while mob is respawning, mob will auto aggro to veno. (Both of these mobs are normally passive.)

I have not tested in other areas / servers.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @ Menarin

This happens randomly now, ever since the forums were changed from an older format to the current one. It happens sometimes when you try to either edit or delete a post. The post is edited/deleted, but then it kicks you to the redirect. Confusing, yes. Problematic? not really, as there is no issue with the posts being edited/deleted.

I've come to realize that since posting this. Also you can apparently cancel the redirect by pressing the Escape key and then you just normally delete your post.

(At least that's what I do now.)
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • dogm
    dogm Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not a bug but a typo.
    And one that is blindly picked up by droves of people.

The Delta BH's description.

It states boss so and so is at wave 2 or 3.
    But a wave is a group of 20 monsters.

A stage is ended after a (real, not fake) boss.

The disciple that ports squads to Rebirth of the gods valley has the terminology correct in the quest help descriptions.

Fix is to change wave to stage in the BH descriptions.
  • Estiah - Dreamweaver
    Estiah - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im not sure if this is because of my graphics card's problem or if its a bug, but anyways, when i put on some kind of fashion (eg. lovebird dress) the whole dress appears as ONE colour, as in there are none of those sparkly whites or anything..

pic: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/saphireblue21/PWI%20Screenshots/2010-09-1817-37-09.jpg

when i see other people wearing it, it looks like: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/xxvampirexkissesxx/PWI%20Pics/Dress.jpg

b:sad

btw, my graphic card is: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy By Belle~
  • bobby1221
    bobby1221 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I cant seem to find the rest of my 39 cult. I went from 35 too 49 without doing too many missions and after i did my fb39 my cult. never showed up... account- this one- charator- FrozzenGod-current lvl 49.
  • _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear
    _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bobby1221 wrote: »
    I cant seem to find the rest of my 39 cult. I went from 35 too 49 without doing too many missions and after i did my fb39 my cult. never showed up... account- this one- charator- FrozzenGod-current lvl 49.
    That's not a bug I think ^^ you should have a Soul Condensing Orb in your Quest Inventory which you got at Heavens Tear. This is the weird quest where you have to die to move on. So just get killed by a mob and the cultivation quest should go on b:victory
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Library Chief Cheng
  • Crowe - Lost City
    Crowe - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i reported this bug some time ago a wall in secret passage where the quinzi quest is somewhere after the safe zone and the npc that gives out the trophy mode quest is also bugged as well i hope these bugs get fixeed asap
  • Crowe - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my friend is havin trouble gettin into pw site he signed up and every thing but he is getting this error Our sincerest apologies, there was an error activating your account. Please send a ticket with your account name and email address through the PWE support ticketing system at http://support.perfectworld.com. but the problem is he can't submit a ticket or 2reply 2 this thread without activating the account 1st i'm speaking on his behalf any info of getting his account activated i will do any thing 2 be with him in pw he is real intrested in playing
  • bobby1221
    bobby1221 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That's not a bug I think ^^ you should have a Soul Condensing Orb in your Quest Inventory which you got at Heavens Tear. This is the weird quest where you have to die to move on. So just get killed by a mob and the cultivation quest should go on b:victory

TY that worked
  • Azgarius - Sanctuary
    Azgarius - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I would list the situation with trophy modes, containing following bugs:
    1. The Celestial Messenger NPC's are not showing the full list of rewards (e.g. Gold medals for charms or Gold: Other Rewards which become visible only with a Gold Medal (or multiple medals) in the inventory)
    2. The Quests: Token of Glory: Wraithgate/Hallucination/Eden/Brimstone/...(by all the Celestial Messengers) not visible or even not available (while being listed on PW Database that PW support referred to while I asked them about availability of the "invisible" quest)
    3. The Quests: Supreme Robe: Dominance/Aggression/Progression invisible (read brackets above)

Fixing those bugs will put a new light on the Trophy Mode quest which is currently one of the most forgotten ones (majority of people does not even know of its existence).

Would be nice if the OP gives a comment on this post.
  • NobleShot - Harshlands
    NobleShot - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mob animation bug. I have noticed it long before but just now telling about it :D this bug can be seen only from specific angle (its not hard to find it)
    Here ir SS:
    http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7353/20101104200815.png

EDIT: Max distance from character must be made to see this bug.
    Laikra
  • Crowe - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    can u fix the respawning i got pked near a convenient safe zone and i respawn in arch what the heck i respawned in the main trading city when there was a safe-zone 200 yards
    from where i was killed can u plz fix this and make it where we spawn near a safe zone that is near by like the orchid temple and NOT arch witch is farther from the temple
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    Llewelyn - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Narrowed down the Best Performance/Show-hide players combo problem.
    If both options are marked when the char logs out, after the char logs back, only the Show-hide players option stays toggled, Best Performance option is off, while Customizations stay unselected as if Best Performance was still on.
  • horsewhisperer70
    horsewhisperer70 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    PW has an annoying glitch when jumping from altitude. If I jump from a great height (eg. off the side of a mountain to the terrain below) the character sometimes stops 30 or 40 feet above the ground.
    When this happens and I try to walk the character in any direction, it keeps popping back to the mid air spot and I can't move from that immediate area.

Sometimes if I walk in the right direction I can get out of the glitch. Often, I am stuck and the only alternative is to drop out back to the character selection screen and reenter. The glitch disappears then, but of course I've been bumped out of my squad and I have to find them and rejoin.

The glitch seems more likely to happen the higher I am jumping from, especially if the terrain I'm landing on is not flat.

If I have wings, it's not an issue because I can simply fly away out of it and land somewhere else. It's really annoying when you don't have wings , however.

Hope you can check this out

Thanks

Horsewhisperer70
  • DevilHerm - Sanctuary
    DevilHerm - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    PW has an annoying glitch when jumping from altitude. If I jump from a great height (eg. off the side of a mountain to the terrain below) the character sometimes stops 30 or 40 feet above the ground.
    When this happens and I try to walk the character in any direction, it keeps popping back to the mid air spot and I can't move from that immediate area.

Sometimes if I walk in the right direction I can get out of the glitch. Often, I am stuck and the only alternative is to drop out back to the character selection screen and reenter. The glitch disappears then, but of course I've been bumped out of my squad and I have to find them and rejoin.

The glitch seems more likely to happen the higher I am jumping from, especially if the terrain I'm landing on is not flat.

If I have wings, it's not an issue because I can simply fly away out of it and land somewhere else. It's really annoying when you don't have wings , however.

Hope you can check this out

Thanks

Horsewhisperer70

Omg yes i also have this problem! I thought i was the only one but i guess theres others.

Please fix this, it really irritates me as sometimes when i jump to a monster, i land above it in mid air and when i try dropping down to attack it i cant, but the monster can attack me and afterwards i can only die.

this has happened several times and made me loose loads of exp:P its fine for now cause im a low level for now but i really dont want this to happen in higher levels, and i really hate having to relog because of this glitch

Thanks
  • gsc1000
    gsc1000 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hi yesterday i was preparing 2 make my lvl 39 cultivation quest and when i clicked on the quest to start it, after the 1st sistem mesage it sudently dissapeared and i thought that it was a short one but i realyse that i was still aware of harmony so i came back to the celestial one and then the quest wasn't there anymore can u plz fix that ? i'm stuked in my culty and can't learn new skills
  • _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear
    _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    gsc1000 wrote: »
    Hi yesterday i was preparing 2 make my lvl 39 cultivation quest and when i clicked on the quest to start it, after the 1st sistem mesage it sudently dissapeared and i thought that it was a short one but i realyse that i was still aware of harmony so i came back to the celestial one and then the quest wasn't there anymore can u plz fix that ? i'm stuked in my culty and can't learn new skills
    Look at page 38 of this thread (one back).....there I explained it.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Library Chief Cheng
  • mingshuddr
    mingshuddr Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I also had some problems with the auto-run. I would click it then walk away from computer and when I come back I had stopped in the wrong place. When I clicked it again it would then take me a different direction but to the right place.
  • mingshuddr
    mingshuddr Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Omg yes i also have this problem! I thought i was the only one but i guess theres others.

Please fix this, it really irritates me as sometimes when i jump to a monster, i land above it in mid air and when i try dropping down to attack it i cant, but the monster can attack me and afterwards i can only die.

this has happened several times and made me loose loads of exp:P its fine for now cause im a low level for now but i really dont want this to happen in higher levels, and i really hate having to relog because of this glitch

Thanks

I also have that problem but it doesn't happen more when I jump from high places... more like when I jump off a rock or down certain slopes. Most of the time I can change direction or click meditate to get out of it.
  • L_aby_rinth - Lost City
    L_aby_rinth - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My last visit was today but data displays ...

Welcome, L_aby_rinth - Lost City.
    You last visited: 08-28-2010 at 02:56 PM
  • Minzo - Sanctuary
    Minzo - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My last visit was today but data displays ...

Welcome, L_aby_rinth - Lost City.
    You last visited: 08-28-2010 at 02:56 PM

Your last visit was today? You mean you logged on today but haven't been on since 08-2010?
    If so.... I think if you log out, and log back in it should show you logged in today.
    b:angry Google's your best friend b:angry
  • erichanbara
    erichanbara Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I never really paid attention to this before, but has it always been that you cannot "repair all" while in the 'goods' menu at the jewelcraftsmen NPCs in Archosaur? When I try to do this, it says "service unavailable" in the xp log.

I've tried it at jewelcraftsman locations in Archosaur (Yi and Yu Chang..) and they both give the same response.

*My gear was in need of repair and wasn't at full durability at the time.
    *When all gear was at full durability, you still got the message that none of your gear was in need of repair when trying to repair-all at the two Jewelcraftsmen locations.
    *I've tried this on different characters, but not on any other servers.
    *I've not tested this in any other cities, only in Archosaur

It's not a major problem since you can just turn around and repair at other NPCs. But I wasn't certain if this was an actual glitch or you just simply can't repair all at these specific NPCs even though the option is presented in the menu.
  • julianx0range
    julianx0range Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Thanks

This Rubber-Banding falling glitch is getting on our nerves. Theres time when i was trying to land by doing a free fall and i'm stuck right above some monsters, i can't get down as the game keep pulling me back up in the air while the monsters continuously spamming spells on me. By the time i rode on my aerocraft and get down on the ground again, I'm almost out of hp if not for the pots. PLEASE Fix the rubber-banding falling glitch, no matter how many new things and updates the game introduced, I only hope that this bug can be fixed FIRST b4 the launch of other new stuffs. (THIS BUG ALSO HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE STANDING ON-TOP OF ANY NPCs, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET PULLED BACK ON THEIR HEADS WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO WALK DOWN)

And theres another thing. In BH59(Valley of Disasters), the monsters seems to be able to climb up the walls and stay out of reach by most players while they're able to cast annoying spells on us. And its not only some monsters, but all monsters in the cave seems to be able to do this wall-climbing glitch. Hope this glitch can be fixed soon.
This discussion has been closed.