List of FIXes needed. Please give this list to devs if ppl support it.

Comments

• Crowe - Lost City
    Crowe - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i'm seein a bug on the tarox valorians and bloodthirsty adalwolfs the valorians have black textures and the hair of blood thirsty adalwolf is misaligned the black patch textures are on the mobs crotch and feet look at the valorians and adalwolfs ok vhors.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nice, i'll add it! b:thanks

edit: i asked some clerics around and they said there's no cleric buff that is 15 min long instead of 1 hour >.>

It's been a while since I was on my cleric, but the group magic buff would wear out on me long before any of the other hour long buffs.

If they fixed it then surely hell must be freezing over.

Edit: hell is freezing over, it's been fixed it seems. I just tested it. As for another fix... The frigging fashion. Everything that came out after year 1 is glitchy, I'm tired of running around half naked because my pants don't show up. They should really fix all their glitches with this before adding new ones with more glitches.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You're right, i was thinking about something like that too...
    But you see the problem: nirvana weapons are already incredibly hard to make if you dont cash shop.
    You have to farm alot and alot and alot to have the 500 million coins needed (250 rapture @ 2mils each).

And now they implemented new incredibly good weapons: the rank 9 ones.

Both weapons are hard and near-to-impossible-to-farm (especially rank 9 one), and warsoul weapons arent that much stronger than those 2 kind of weapons.

Especially rank9 weapons, are very similar to warsoul weapons.

So i'd say to make warsoul more powerful instead of making them easier to obtain. Are they meant to be super-endgame weapons or they arent?

Even if quite nobody can afford them, u can still look for nirvana weapons for yourself (wich are already great weapons) and let some crazily stupid cash shopper try to buy warsoul weapons lol and still be able to kill them with your nirvana one.

Just shows how much i know. I still want to see Warsoul in game some how. You have a better knowledge of the game then i do. but seriously, i was looking at the materials needed. .32%(or something like that?) chance refinement for one material? b:shutup Its a fail that you even code them in there just to look pretty. b:shocked
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • Azgarius - Sanctuary
    Azgarius - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I would add:

Trophy mode issues:
    1. No Celestial Messenger for Trophy Mode: Frost
    2. Lunar Trophy Mode bug mentioned above
    3. No Quest for Token of Glory by Celestial messengers (while it exists on the database)
    4. No Quest for Supreme Robe: Aggression/Progression/Dominance (same as above)

Tell me if I am wrong, but trophy mode chain still looks unfinished and imho it needs many improvements.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    money would be good just not as much so big factions dont make millions and no one can beat them so they get money all the time :/ but 50% would be 100% perfect
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Here's a list of fixes that PWI need (in our opinion) before the new expansion comes out.
    The goal of these fixes is to improve PWI gameplay, this is not a bug-report thread.

Class Fixes:
    - Fix Flesh Ream Venomancer skill, so it deals the exact amount of damage stated in the skill's description.
    As stated its flesh ream in general. and its not a bug. if anything the description is a bug. The skill is a PvP skill, by design, as stated working as intended by the developers. Flesh Ream does less damage then Bash, as it stands in PvE Flesh Ream has no point in having at all when you can use Bash or the elemental Bashes for more damage (this takes into account the 8 second cool down on bashes vs 15 sec on flesh ream). However, its 1 benefit is less damage reduction for PvP. This is intentional, and not a bug, it is designed as a PvP skill. The only bug is that the description doesnt state this benefit. Also, Pheonix & Herc are in essence, +6 refined pets (since half of a veno's damage source comes from their pets, and pets can not be refined, they fact that these pets are more powerful was something necessary to help balance the venomance class for endgame. Once you're a 100+ and in TW with many +6 & beyond geared people, you realize these pets dont really hurt.)
    - "-X interval between hits" stats on gear for claws/fists/daggers should add like 50% less time reduction (This way fists/claws/daggers will be more balanced in both PVP and PVE)
    Its not that it should add less, because your fix would nerf slower weapons which do not even get as much benefit. The problem with -Interval is its STATIC decrease in the interval, rather then % based. A fix i have been suggesting for a long time, would be to change every -0.05 to -5% Interval. This would in effect nerf claw/fists, while actually helping bows or axes (weapons now considered "worthless" for DPS)

Things that need to be changed in your fixes based on your misunderstanding of the issues.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Things that need to be changed in your fixes based on your misunderstanding of the issues.

About Flesh Ream:

I never said its a bug. (OP: The goal of these fixes is to improve PWI gameplay, this is not a bug-report thread.) And thats the reason why i didnt answer to the ppl below you neither.
    What you are saying is true, once you get endgame gear the venomancer is actually more balanced, but can you tell me why the hell should i have endgame gear to be able to fight a venomancer? good game LOL.
    If you reduce the damage dealt with that skill, venomancers will still be able to kill in endgame, and pvp would be way more balanced when u are lv100 but not in endgame gear. Remember that non-endgame pvp is more important than endgame pvp, since the majority of ppl ISNT endgame, and they could get really frustrated to see they have to get endgame gear, spending an incredible amount of cash, just to be able to CONFRONT (and not kill, only confront) someone who got a stupid skill that is meant to balance them in endgame only.

About interval fix:

I once wrote the exact thing u said, % instead of LINEAR (or static as u said) reduction, some ppl told me that its a bug in the description of the stat: it actually IS in %, and it depends on wich weapon you are wearing. That is why i changed it into -50% reduction if this stat is applied on fists/claws/daggers.
    I'd just like someone would tell me things clear once forever lol

I'll explain Flesh Ream ONCE FOREVER:

"Bite an enemy, inflicting base damage plus 200% of Pet's base damage over 9 seconds"

Assuming that the pet deals 500 damage, this skill should hit for:

500 (base damage) + 2x500/9seconds = 500 dmg immediatly + 1000 dmg OVER 9 seconds, wich means around 111 dmg each second.

I say that the skill description is bugged since the 1000 dmg IS NOT dinstributed OVER 9 seconds, it HITS for 1000 each second FOR 9 seconds.

The actual formula is then:

(basedmg) + (2 x basedmg x 9) instead of (basedmg) + (2 x basedmg / 9)

Wich means that it deals a total of 9500 damage instead of 1500. do you see the point now?

@ Azgarius:
    I never did trophy mode but i guess if those things arent implemented yet its cause they want them to be unable for some reasons. I dont know how actually that would improve or decrease gameplay balance, I should check the rewards, the quests, the things needed to accomplish them, before saying something.
    Anyway i added them, hopefully you are right about them xD
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    About interval fix:

I once wrote the exact thing u said, % instead of LINEAR (or static as u said) reduction, some ppl told me that its a bug in the description of the stat: it actually IS in %, and it depends on wich weapon you are wearing. That is why i changed it into -50% reduction if this stat is applied on fists/claws/daggers.
    I'd just like someone would tell me things clear once forever lol

Who ever told you that -Interval description is bugged & it is % is an idiot, completely. When people go 5aps, they get -.45 Interval, which on fists (base interval of .7) brings them to .25 Interval. That in itself is the 4 APS base. Then they spark and that brings them to 5APS (due to the way PWI does some funny rounding and interval MUST be in intervals of .05, so it skips directly down to .2 Interval even tho 20% attack speed increase wouldnt quite be that much naturally). If it was already % but mis-written, .7 Interval fists at -45% Interval would equate to .385 Interval (or by the funny rounding, .4 Interval i think) which would be 2.5 APS, and .32 Interval while sparked (or by rounding, .3 Interval and thereby 3.33 APS). The evidence is clear that Interval is not % and miswritten, but is clearly static reductions.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Who ever told you that -Interval description is bugged & it is % is an idiot, completely. When people go 5aps, they get -.45 Interval, which on fists (base interval of .7) brings them to .25 Interval. That in itself is the 4 APS base. Then they spark and that brings them to 5APS (due to the way PWI does some funny rounding and interval MUST be in intervals of .05, so it skips directly down to .2 Interval even tho 20% attack speed increase wouldnt quite be that much naturally). If it was already % but mis-written, .7 Interval fists at -45% Interval would equate to .385 Interval (or by the funny rounding, .4 Interval i think) which would be 2.5 APS, and .32 Interval while sparked (or by rounding, .3 Interval and thereby 3.33 APS). The evidence is clear that Interval is not % and miswritten, but is clearly static reductions.

I'll change it back to my old suggestion then, hoping this will be last time i change it lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    You forgot to fix the 1 hour cleric buff that only lasts for 15 minutes. That has been broken for f***ing ever now and the devs need to get off their lazy money grubbing asses and fix it.

This is inaccurate. The buff lasts a full hour. The problem is rebuffing wont over-write the old buffs timer. So imagine you have full cleric buffs, they've been on 50 minutes out of the hour and the cleric decides to rebuff. You'll wind up with HP/MP regen, p.def, & m.atk buffs with a new 1 hour timer, but the m.def buff is still only at 10 minutes remaining, the rebuff didnt refresh its timer. This leads to it falling only 10 minutes later. That is the bug. & Yes that should be fixed.
  • Kawailele - Sanctuary
    Kawailele - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i think that psy 2 spark skill "Red Tide" damage is weak and sad for a 2 spark skill even with the bleed(ask a psy to try it on u u will under stand... with out blessing xD) its not 2 bad right now only because the +30 attack lv blessing... plz at lest up the bleed or the damage on the skill ...and for the wizzy's there water dragon skill is cool and all but make the water dragon bigger(Animation ) same with red tide .....having a little bucket of water coming down on your head its a little sad lol xD.....

And the sandburst blast dont even take away 50% accuracy it take only 200-400 i no my math lol that's not even 50% heck it dont even make ppl miss xD

and y in the world would u make our attack lv on our ganie same like our char like the crit rate its not funny or fun when u r in white voodo and your ganie cant heal or attack for jack lol xD i want to keep on going but ....dot have time to type the rest :)
    what comes up must come down what goes in must come out! b:chuckle b:surprisedb:mischievous
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    i think that psy 2 spark skill "Red Tide" damage is weak and sad for a 2 spark skill even with the bleed(ask a psy to try it on u u will under stand... with out blessing xD) its not 2 bad right now only because the +30 attack lv blessing... plz at lest up the bleed or the damage on the skill ...and for the wizzy's there water dragon skill is cool and all but make the water dragon bigger same with red tide .....having a little bucket of water coming down on your head its a little sad lol xD.....

and i think the psy skill's needs 2 be a bit more stronger! 100 - 300 more damege (or give more damege 2 sage and demon skills) and damage only seams like its all good and strong but only because the +30 attack blessing is on -_- and the sandburst blast dont even take away 50% accuracy it take only 200-400 i no my mathe lol that's not even 50% xD

and y in the world would u make our attack lv on our ganie same like our char like the crit rate its not funny or fun when u r in white voodo and your ganie cant heal or attack for jack lol xD i want to keep on going but ....dot have time to type the rest :)

Unfortunately, since the tideborn expansion came out, the forum is fullfilled with ppl complaining on how psychics are able to deal much more damage with normal skills than wizards/clerics/venos (without pet). I think psychics can count way more on their stunning/sealing debuffs with are great defenses for themselves in pvp. They dont really need to increase their output damage.

Remember this first great principle: "If something is overpowered, you dont have to overpower all the rest too, but to nerf the overpowered."

About the uselessness of their 2 sparks skills, if i'll have some more psychics complaining about it i will add this fix. I still never played a psy so i dont really know what are you talkng about.

About genies, its like this for every class, if you what to use white vodoo be conscious of the bad side of it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This is inaccurate. The buff lasts a full hour. The problem is rebuffing wont over-write the old buffs timer. So imagine you have full cleric buffs, they've been on 50 minutes out of the hour and the cleric decides to rebuff. You'll wind up with HP/MP regen, p.def, & m.atk buffs with a new 1 hour timer, but the m.def buff is still only at 10 minutes remaining, the rebuff didnt refresh its timer. This leads to it falling only 10 minutes later. That is the bug. & Yes that should be fixed.

I know, I corrected myself. That bug did exist for quite a while though, where when you used the hour long magic buff it wore off long before the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    about the flesh ream fix

when flesh ream gets fixed there need to be some refinements on pets/petskills because their skills lack both physical and high damage skills

b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    about the flesh ream fix

when flesh ream gets fixed there need to be some refinements on pets/petskills because their skills lack both physical and high damage skills

b:bye

I may agree with this, and about cleric buff i get now what you're talking about, i'll write about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vaer_ - Dreamweaver
    Vaer_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i agree with the red tide ts completely useless id always rather use my double spark or two earth vectors and yeah psys at time can be really op but thats really not because of dmg output i believe (not sure havent played archers, wizzys or venos much) but because of their skill selections which have a lot of good status and abilities (such as slow from aqua impact and knockback from landslide)

one thing i have noticed though is that the landslide knock back doesnt work in instances for me is that common or just a glitch on me

oh and one fix that would be nice is if the countdown timer to maintenance wasnt five minutes its annoying when they do special maintenance thats at a different time than usual and you are almost finished with your BH or TT and all of a sudden its says 300 seconds till server shutdown and i know that like a half hour warning is annoying to ppl who arent in an instance but it is needed especially when some runs can take hours...

i very much agree with the rubber-banding that is the worst most annoying glitch ive ever seen b:angry

if i think of anymore i will add periodically and i will try to make sure that you that you can understand my reasoning and that you see why i have that opinion (such as my thoughts on dmg output of psys)

and if im wrong on somethin please correct me... i obviously dont know everything
    librian-"At lvl 100, which race is better: seekers, clerics or blademasters? and what are the reasons? Ty"
    joshcja -"Aryans? dont be a racist skinhead ****?"
    now who do you think is the real racist?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    i agree with the red tide ts completely useless id always rather use my double spark or two earth vectors and yeah psys at time can be really op but thats really not because of dmg output i believe (not sure havent played archers, wizzys or venos much) but because of their skill selections which have a lot of good status and abilities (such as slow from aqua impact and knockback from landslide)

I'll add something about this soon.
    one thing i have noticed though is that the landslide knock back doesnt work in instances for me is that common or just a glitch on me

It's for everybody: some mobs considered "big mobs" in istances arent affected by knock back skills.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i think that psy 2 spark skill "Red Tide" damage is weak and sad for a 2 spark skill even with the bleed(ask a psy to try it on u u will under stand... with out blessing xD) its not 2 bad right now only because the +30 attack lv blessing... plz at lest up the bleed or the damage on the skill ...and for the wizzy's there water dragon skill is cool and all but make the water dragon bigger same with red tide .....having a little bucket of water coming down on your head its a little sad lol xD.....

and i think the psy skill's needs 2 be a bit more stronger! 100 - 300 more damege (or give more damege 2 sage and demon skills) and damage only seams like its all good and strong but only because the +30 attack blessing is on -_- and the sandburst blast dont even take away 50% accuracy it take only 200-400 i no my mathe lol that's not even 50% xD

for the Red tide i guess the dmg of the skill is ok but the problem is that bleed effect isnt reliable and because nobody wants to waste 2 sparks if the bleeding hardly occures so people rather use more reliable skills
    for the suggested change in range --> water dragon range is already high enough the animation may be a bit missleading because dmg isnt limited to the area of the animation + range of these skills increase with their lvl at the beginning i was also disappointed when i got my lvl 1 dragon but now with lvl 10 range is fine

i rather would nerf the psy dmgwise because if you compare dmgoutput with wiz and cleric the psychic is already far ahead. The problem is not that your dmg is too low the prob is that phys attackers dmg is too high according to APS chars. So i also would suggest the to take vorhs approach and nerf whats OP and not other way round.

The effect of accuracy and evasion also needs a critical observation. Because even if the Sandstorm/Sandburst Blast would take away the real 50% i doubt that magical caster classes dex/evasion value would be high enough to trigger some misses. Maybe the 100% chance to hit for magical dmg should play a bigger role in PvP and also pure dex builds should be able to obtain a usefull degree of evasion for PVE
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    TW:
    Increase the difficulty of defending a very large amount of territories. (Past a certain amount there is no longer any added difficulty in holding territory).

Gameplay:
    Fix the skill canceling glitch (used to get skill effects without putting skills into cooldown or using sparks).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    TW:
    Increase the difficulty of defending a very large amount of territories. (Past a certain amount there is no longer any added difficulty in holding territory).

Gameplay:
    Fix the skill canceling glitch (used to get skill effects without putting skills into cooldown or using sparks).

TW:
    I surely agree with this, but cant put it in OP since its not a fix, its a suggestion for a new in-game feature. I once suggested to program random Mob Wars to substain in same time of normal TWs each week, this way the more territories u have, the more you have to defend from guilds/mobs.

Gameplay:
    This glitch is actually a quite fun glitch which use its only positive and dont affect pvp since its really hard to use it during combat. If you tell me some examples in wich this glitch would unbalance pvp i'll add it in list.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Gameplay:
    This glitch is actually a quite fun glitch which use its only positive and dont affect pvp since its really hard to use it during combat. If you tell me some examples in wich this glitch would unbalance pvp i'll add it in list.

Why does a glitch have to unbalance PVP for it to be a problem? Rubber-banding doesnt affect PVP balance since it happens to everyone equally but is still a gameplay problem.

If you are able to abuse glitches to succeed it is basically cheating and is unfair to those who are against exploiting glitches. This is why it is bannable for veno air pets to glitch bosses.

Anyway this is abused in PVP to get free triple sparks and crit buffs without using sparks.

While you are at it you should add other glitches that are being abused:
    - Opening simultaneous TT instances
    - Being able to use claws in fox form / true form
    - Pulling bosses through doors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The only "bug" I see ever getting fixed is, rather than packs @ 0.000000001 % chance of something good, lets make it 0.000000000000000000000001 % chance =D Oh and don't forget make TT's harder so non cahsrs can't farm =D
    -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Why does a glitch have to unbalance PVP for it to be a problem? Rubber-banding doesnt affect PVP balance since it happens to everyone equally but is still a gameplay problem.

If you are able to abuse glitches to succeed it is basically cheating and is unfair to those who are against exploiting glitches. This is why it is bannable for veno air pets to glitch bosses.

Anyway this is abused in PVP to get free triple sparks and crit buffs without using sparks.

While you are at it you should add other glitches that are being abused:
    - Opening simultaneous TT instances
    - Being able to use claws in fox form / true form
    - Pulling bosses through doors

I'd add "passing trough doors" as glitch too to this list.

Anyway those glitches are bad, yea i know it. But its only thanks to them if ppl who dont cash shop can actually THINK to AFFORD to TRY to get high gear. Glitching this game is actually a little help for the ones without other resources to have a little bit of gear.

That is why im not against them.

If you would lower HH difficulty and reduce hh bosses hp, then i'd be happy to see those glitches fixed.

Fixing those glitches now in PWI is a bit like destroying a little black market system used by poors in a world controlled and ruled by mafia and rich ppl.

Remove mafia and rich ppl and i will remove black market. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Here's a list of fixes that PWI need (in our opinion) before the new earthguards expansion comes out.
    First Great Principle on fixing a mmorpg: "If something is overpowered, you dont have to overpower all the rest too, but to nerf the overpowered"

Class Fixes:
    - Fix Flesh Ream Venomancer skill, so it deals the exact amount of damage stated in the skill's description. (Check "edits" for more infos)
    - Increase Phoneix pet Physical Attack by 30%. (To compensate the big reduction of dps the previus fix will cause)
    - "-X interval between hits" stat should be percentual % instead of linear decrease. (This way fists/claws/daggers will be more balanced in PVE and slower weapons would get more improvement from -int gear)
    YES ABOUT % BASED INTERVAL, COMING FROM A BARB, TOO OP.
    - Fix Cleric Magic Defence Buff so it correctly overwrites when you cast it again while its already on.
    Agreed, annoying, now fix it.
    - Change Red Tide psychic skill to make it actually useful for a 2 sparks skill.
    - Change useless lv79-100 skills with something actually useful, especially skills for party use, so u dont risk to unbalance pvp. (Suggestions -> Wizard: change Elemental Shell to have a 100% chance to dispel instead of 10% and increase its duration to 6 seconds, change Manifest Virtue to (MaxMana/50)% instead of (MaxMana/100)%)
    Yes, no 79 skill should be useless, Barb's AOE stun is only good for finding assassins.

Territory Wars:
    - TW rewards back to coins like in old system, but rewarded coins amount reduced by 50%.
    Please do, it will restore so much interest to the game.

- TWs time scheduling system that RANDOMLY picks a time slot for each TW. (This way the whole world would have a chance to have TWs in decent hours of the day)

Dungeons:
    - Fix the port-back bug of rebirth order dungeon. (By removing the auto-ressing system in it for example)
    - Remove aoe seal skill from darks/whites boss in nirvana. (This isnt a matter of skill or difficulty, if a dark mob appear just at the same time the seal skill is used, the whole squad dies, no matter how skilled you are)
    This is more than true, you have a random chance to die, sorta like when the Ashura Netherqueen would one shot, and there was no mysterious old man to protect everyone.

- Make nirvana bosses all affectable by damage increasing debuffs and sharptooth skill effect. (This way nirvana wuold be a lot more fun, cause it would make ppl think of ways to increase the output damage continuously, and it will give a chance to archers to be useful too again)
    This would be fun.

- Remove random aggro ability for nirvana bosses. (There is no more need of tanks actually)
    - Increase nirvana bosses melee damage by 70%. (so only barbs and good geared bms can tank them)
    Why not? Without random aggro, this would be totally feasible.

- HH 3-3 Difficulty back to normal mode. (Hard mode is totally insane, my barb get 7k hp with bosses debuffs, and boss hits for 5k+, whats the point? HH 3-3 should help ppl farming hh99 gear, but only ppl with nirvana gear can now farm it. Totally nonsense)
    I agree totally, I am 101 Sage barb with 94% of my skills, and +5 armor, high 9x armor, and I get one shot by most of the HH3-X bosses, that is unjust.

- Reduce max HP of any HH boss by 30%. (The amount of total HP is insane, once you see your squad can kill the boss, why should we wait hours to kill him? whats the point? to make us waste time? we dont even have 100% chance to drop golds...)
    Not totally necessary
    - Reduce max HP of nirvana bosses by 10%.
    - There are no Celestial Messenger for Trophy Mode: Frost, no Quest for Token of Glory by Celestial messengers and no Quest for Supreme Robe: Aggression/Progression/Dominance (even if they are stated in the database)

General:
    - Fix rubberbanding.
    WHY DO I RUBBERBAND TRYING TO GET OFF OF MY FLYMOUNT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE? FIX THIS NOWWWWW.
    - Make hyper exp stones usable only by lvl 70+ characters. (Hyper exp stones are good, cause the leveling process is very slow without them, but before lv70 they should give ppl time to learn their skills)
    Meh, irrelevant, just gives us more 10x noobs to oneshot with out jone's blessings.
    - Remove oracles from sale for tokens. (Oracles dont give PWI any kind of popularity, without them ppl would continue paying money and we wont have ppl who totally paid their lv100 and dont know how to play. Lv100 should be a big goal to reach)
    Agreed, this makes them a little too dumb.
    - Remove Jones's +30 atk level blessing. (Along with hp reduction of bosses and fist/daggers/claws reduction, this will reduce the overpowerness that would result for high dph classes like wizards. This way oneshots would be much less frequent and would increase the fun in gameplay when fighting 1v1 in pvp. The ability to oneshot is a gameplay killer)
    Definitely no. I think that a variety of blessings should be available, from 30atklvl, to 30deflvl, you know, with several in between? Honestly, PK for anyone is not fun if you have no blessing and they have a defense blessing. And what about the people with 60+ atk level from rank 9 gear without jone's blessing? Has not happened yet, but how will us regulars balance with that armor? Hmmmm? Jones blessings should be here to stay.

- Fix descriptions of the skills in this game (at least 30% of skill descriptions are wrong, Examples -> Wizard: Hailstorm, Sage Sandstorm, Frostblade + Archer: Sage Vicious Arrow + Assassin: Power Dash)
    Sage Roar for barbs.

Notes to read before posting:
    The goal of these fixes is to improve PWI gameplay, this is not a bug-report thread.
    Dont tell something like "that wont ever change". This post is made to at least TRY to have it changed. Go away if you are pessimist.
    Remember to consider these fixes like a MASS-PATCH wich would include all the fixes together, cause some fixes, if took alone, may umbalance gameplay even more, but if you consider all them globally, they should just improve gameplay.

Additional details:
    - I removed "edits" section since it was useless.
    - Since so many ppl complained about Flesh Ream skill Fix, I'll explain it once forever:
    "Bite an enemy, inflicting base damage plus 200% of Pet's base damage over 9 seconds"
    Assuming that the pet deals 500 damage, this skill should hit for:
    500 + 2x500/9seconds = 500 dmg immediatly + 1000 dmg OVER 9 seconds, wich means around 111 dmg each second.
    I say that the skill description is bugged since the 1000 dmg is not dinstributed OVER 9 seconds, it hits for 1000 each second FOR 9 seconds. The actual formula is then:
    (basedmg) + (2 x basedmg x 9) instead of (basedmg) + (2 x basedmg / 9)
    Wich means that it deals a total of 9500 damage instead of 1500. do you see the point now?

Blade_Aether
    Telling the truth.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    personally i think this should be unstickied, for a few reason.

A. all the changes said are based on 1 person's opinions and the origianl posts isn't being updated

B. becuase its only 1 person ideas and the BAD idea's are still up there this thread have a decent potential to have the devs make a lot of unwanted changes that would cuase more issues than they address.

C. That everyone completely ignores my last post becuase they cant seem to find a way to argue with it.

So either update the posts with what the PLAYERS want for the game not the OP's own personal opinions or unsticky this, becuase it's likely to do more harm than good
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    personally i think this should be unstickied, for a few reason.

A. all the changes said are based on 1 person's opinions and the origianl posts isn't being updated

B. becuase its only 1 person ideas and the BAD idea's are still up there this thread have a decent potential to have the devs make a lot of unwanted changes that would cuase more issues than they address.

C. That everyone completely ignores my last post becuase they cant seem to find a way to argue with it.

So either update the posts with what the PLAYERS want for the game not the OP's own personal opinions or unsticky this, becuase it's likely to do more harm than good

A. I wish you were a moderator, so you can see how many times i edited first post. At least 50 times i guess.

B. I changed it to be "our ideas" and not MY ideas like 30 minutes after the first post was created. I'll post here my real ORIGINAL POST:

Here's a list of fixes that PWI need (in my opinion) before the new expansion comes out.

Class Fixes:
    - Fix phoneix bleed skill so it deal the exact amount of damage stated in the skill's description.
    - Reduce the amount of damage dealt per single hit by daggers/fists/claws by 50%
    - Change useless lv79-100 skills with something actually useful, especially skills for party use, so u dont risk to unbalance pvp.

Dungeons:
    - Fix the port-back bug of rebirth order dungeon.
    - TW rewards back to coins, maybe less coins than before, like 50% of what they were.
    - Remove aoe seal skill from darkies boss in nirvana.
    - Make nirvana bosses all affectable by damage increasing debuffs and sharptooth skill effect.
    - Increase HH 3-x difficulty back to hard.
    - Reduce max HP of any HH boss by 50%.

General:
    - Fix rubberbanding.
    - Make hyper exp stones usable only by lvl 70+ characters.
    - Remove oracles from sale for tokens.
    - Fix descriptions of almost 30% of the skills in this game (they are all wrong).

Now check the first post and see how many things i CHANGED and ADDED thanks to ppl opinions.

C. If you feel ignored, its cause your suggestions werent so appropriate. You are not the only one in the world. If you dont care about PvP cause u think its ****ed up, go play your PvE and dont argue with us.

D. Before adding/changing fixes, i like to discuss them with the suggester, just to know their reasons to change things. So, when they convinced me, I change it. And i changed many things thanks to other ppl opinions, as you can see by confronting the original post with the first actual post.

If nobody continued your discussion about the fixes, its probably because we all felt useless to talk again with you, you came up with ignorant opinions, so its not worth it to continue even with this post im writing.

Have fun in your PvE server and stop pointless crying in this section, thanks-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Blade_Aether
    Telling the truth.

Im interested to ppl opinions about jones blessing, since now very few liked the idea of removing it.

It actually helps non-geared ppl to kill others in both pvp and pve, but along with HP reductions it wont be a problem anymore for pve.

About pvp balancing, I think that removing it will only prevent ppl from being oneshotted, wich is the worst thing that can happen in a mmorpg.

Anyway, a good variety of different blessings is a good idea for pvp, but a +30 def level bless would unbalance pve again, cause it would allow sins and others to tank bosses too i guess, even after this potential "mass-patch".

Tell me what you think bout it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Im interested to ppl opinions about jones blessing, since now very few liked the idea of removing it.

It actually helps non-geared ppl to kill others in both pvp and pve, but along with HP reductions it wont be a problem anymore for pve.

About pvp balancing, I think that removing it will only prevent ppl from being oneshotted, wich is the worst thing that can happen in a mmorpg.

Anyway, a good variety of different blessings is a good idea for pvp, but a +30 def level bless would unbalance pve again, cause it would allow sins and others to tank bosses too i guess, even after this potential "mass-patch".

Tell me what you think bout it.

like i said last time last time the problem is solely on the PVP side, if indeed it is a problem at all. and therefore it needs to be addresses on the PvP side.

In PVE this blessing is a god send, and removeing it from there while fixing the PVP side of the problem. would pretty much outrage the entire PvE community.

ill take your word for it thats this is a problem on the PVP side. so we need to come up with a solotion to fix that without disrupting the PVE side.

several options appear to us

cutting the jone's blessing entirely as you suggested

but again this would be a cataclysmic loss on the PvE side

removeing the jones blessing for PvP servers.

which sould fix the problem you end but would also prevent people lvls 1-29 on the pvp servers not from using it for PvE. And would also keep the PvP issue on the PvE servers.

negate the effect of the blessing in PK mode.

this would completely fix the problem on PvE server of 1 shots, and the PvP side. but it would also make it so those lvl 30 and up on PvP servers would still have to grind wihout the blessing.

negate the effect of the blessing Vs players.
    this would allow allow the PvE side to remain the same on PvE AND PvP servers for all lvls
    and stop the enitre issue of 1 shots.
    this is my suggestion although i would still like opinions wither the blessing should works while "dueling"
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    dude there was a time when tht blessing wasnt even around and we got along just dam fine but i still dont wnt it gone sense im greedyb:laughb:sin
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Lately I've been having alot of lag in instances. It only seems to be bad when facing a boss. This has caused a couple of party wipes since everything just froze up on me. I was still able to walk around while everything was frozen up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]