Vote for the next PWI Forum Mod!

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just because someone doesn't think the same way as you, doesn't mean they are wrong. That is what makes us unique individuals. Also, yeah that statement is projecting. ._.

Hmm... Your statement? Slightly. Mine? was in mockery.

Third person is just a style of talking. You need to read more ... try a Dark-Hunter Novel. ^-^

Um, no thanks. I'm not reading a novel, I'm reading a forum. Also, I found Hamster to be creepy as well.

I'm pretty sure any of the listed things that I mentioned bothered me are within normal socially accepted parameters of 'abnormal' and would not be considered projecting while trolling for a presumed cause of it. Just because someone doesn't like something and gives some stupid reason for it doesn't mean there is some traumatic event-association that accompanies it. There is no psychological relevance other than I don't like it. As for calling any assumed reasoning for it projecting? I'm just being an *** and trolling and to think I'm projecting is just idiotic.

Finding someone talking in 3rd person as creepy doesn't necessarily fall under a phobia or necessarily fall under some idiotic Freudian experience because I'm joking when referring to possible reasons one would do that... , or be bothered by something that isn't determined by any early childhood experience, nor is presuming someone has issues because they choose to act like that a projection. It could be, but certainly not in my case. That's just a far stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, if someone is standing next to you masturbating, you have every right to be uncomfortable or assuming that someone is mentally disturbed without projecting. If someone else is acting in a manner that is not within the norms for your upbringing you can dislike it without any more significant meaning underlying your apprehension to it. :P

Calling me out for projecting could in itself be projecting... I was just half-troll posting, however the accusations against me could be looked at more deeply. lol

Well, that was a long wall of meaningless text for nothing xP

What a freaking joke...

It's not that i think Fuzzy is that bad, but come on...

And Zoe ahead of Pressa and Krsinda? Seems like far too many people are just voting for teh lulz...

Agreed. I don't know either Krisinda or Pressa other than on here, but I think they were probably the best candidates for the job... oh well.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aolan - Raging Tide
    Aolan - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Fuzzy For Mod b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    my vote for fuzz...

I been here long enough to see him the only one that

-has been active for a good time here
    -i didnt see have a hissy fit yet when pple bombarded him (i know others on the list have)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Also, I found Hamster to be creepy as well.

-snip-

Anyway, if someone is standing next to you masturbating, you have every right to be uncomfortable or assuming that someone is mentally disturbed without projecting. -snip-

Creepy?

*tilts head.*
    *stare stare*
    o.O

What if said person was your female companion?
    (o.o)'
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Tsutai - Dreamweaver
    Tsutai - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Fuzzy's app is ****. Come on people....... b:sad
    Tsutai - 91 Demon Cleric
    xYuna - 62 Veno

<3
  • ThrasherXIII - Dreamweaver
    ThrasherXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    my vote for fuzz...

I been here long enough to see him the only one that

-has been active for a good time here
    -i didnt see have a hissy fit yet when pple bombarded him (i know others on the list have)

Can you post the threads where the other applicants had a so-called "hissy fit"? I am just curious to read them all...Thanks! b:thanks
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I scrolled through threads, I read the applications. I researched the applicants' posts. Just because you think voters are uninformed, doesn't make it the truth. Alot of people are informed, they just don't flood the forums with whining. This forum community is more than just everyday/all day posters who just want to see their name in print over and over. Some actually want to use these forums as a source of information for game play. Now it's seems it's just a social network for whiners and people who want to be a big fish in a little pond.

You said you would be happy with any of those named in the voting process to be a mod, why do you keep complaining that Frankie should just pick. What's the difference if he picked one of those or the community votes one. If one of those names is acceptable to you then how it's done is irrelevant.

Your opinion of modding ability is just that - opinion.

The whiners will never ever be happy with anything. If they were offered $100 in $10 bills, they would whine it wasn't $20 bills.
    I did not say that you are uninformed personally, but it is impossible to deny that there are joke votes in this thread, and votes for several different people, for the wrong reasons. I'm not sure why people equate disagreement with whining. It is not whining to state disagreement with something that is being done and why.
    Whine (v.) = to utter a distressed or plaintive cry.
    --Connotation: to complain without substance, to beg or gripe.
    Disagree (v.) = to differ in opinion
    --Connotation: to offer objection to an idea or policy in favor of another

Of all the many topics on the forums, moderation (having been a mod before, for many years) is one that sits near and dear to my heart, and I feel very strongly about it. I feel this is not the right way to do things, and I have explained my reasoning earlier in the thread. I won't repeat myself, for the most part, but the reason why, as you so succinctly put it, there is a difference, is that the forum community is NOT qualified in any way, shape, or form to pick a moderator. Frankie made a very serious mistake in his last choices, but I think he's learned from that, and even if he had not, he would still be in a much better position to pick a good moderator for the forum than any "regular" member would be.

I have also made it a point not to offer an opinion on any of the candidates. I did not say whether or not all the candidates would be acceptable to me. What I said is that, if frankie is capable of picking 6 candidates, he is capable of picking 1. I didn't agree (here, opinion, and one you are not asked to share) with the idea of a mod app thread, either, but I at least understood its purpose, and it did serve that purpose. It allowed those possible candidates for moderator to become known to the community before they were chosen as mod. This vote, as I said earlier, picks the most popular poster. That does not equate to the best mod.

I understand that plenty of people feel that this is a great thing. I respect that. I don't agree with it, and I'm entitled to that opinion, as you are entitled to yours. Conveniently skipped over are the people who posted in this thread that do not agree with this. They make a minority, but they do exist.

The vote will go on, and I accept that, too. But that doesn't make me like it, and since I feel strongly, I will continue to respond to those posts directed at me, or at a view that I hold.

You are welcome to disagree with me. Do simply understand what I'm saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    storehammy wrote: »

Creepy?

*tilts head.*
    *stare stare*
    o.O

What if said person was your female companion?
    (o.o)'

Well, it doesn't mean I don't think you're nice and helpful. xP

And... I don't think I could date someone who talked in 3rd person or had the persona of non-human life form. :O
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • storehammy
    edited November 2010
    Well, it doesn't mean I don't think you're nice and helpful. xP

And... I don't think I could date someone who talked in 3rd person or had the persona of non-human life form. :O

No, no I meant what if your female companion/mate "is standing next to you masturbating"
    Humans has strange habits, tendencies, etc.

*Incoming post from Deora.*
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary

• Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Fuzzy's app is ****. Come on people....... b:sad

Sigh...

When people are left to actually 'elect' people to do a job they almost always tend to pick the idiots/least qualified for the job

just like the results of the recent elections here in the us
    inb4 'stupid americans', shut up butthurt europe, at least we get to vote even if we pick stupid people >_>
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sigh...

When people are left to actually 'elect' people to do a job they almost always tend to pick the idiots/least qualified for the job

Fuzzy wonders if that's why democracy is the most effective system in the free world....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I personally can not believe Zoe got 49 votes & is in 3rd. She'd ban anyone who was selling a scroll of tome higher then 1 mil coins for greed.
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I personally can not believe Zoe got 49 votes & is in 3rd. She'd ban anyone who was selling a scroll of tome higher then 1 mil coins for greed.

I LOL'ed.

Yeah and she would delete posts/threads and make up her own reasoning, like she does with her own posts b:shutup
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmm... Your statement? Slightly. Mine? was in mockery.

Um, no thanks. I'm not reading a novel, I'm reading a forum. Also, I found Hamster to be creepy as well.

I'm pretty sure any of the listed things that I mentioned bothered me are within normal socially accepted parameters of 'abnormal' and would not be considered projecting while trolling for a presumed cause of it. Just because someone doesn't like something and gives some stupid reason for it doesn't mean there is some traumatic event-association that accompanies it. There is no psychological relevance other than I don't like it. As for calling any assumed reasoning for it projecting? I'm just being an *** and trolling and to think I'm projecting is just idiotic.

Finding someone talking in 3rd person as creepy doesn't necessarily fall under a phobia or necessarily fall under some idiotic Freudian experience because I'm joking when referring to possible reasons one would do that... , or be bothered by something that isn't determined by any early childhood experience, nor is presuming someone has issues because they choose to act like that a projection. It could be, but certainly not in my case. That's just a far stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, if someone is standing next to you masturbating, you have every right to be uncomfortable or assuming that someone is mentally disturbed without projecting. If someone else is acting in a manner that is not within the norms for your upbringing you can dislike it without any more significant meaning underlying your apprehension to it. :P

Calling me out for projecting could in itself be projecting... I was just half-troll posting, however the accusations against me could be looked at more deeply. lol

Well, that was a long wall of meaningless text for nothing xP

Agreed. I don't know either Krisinda or Pressa other than on here, but I think they were probably the best candidates for the job... oh well.
    You must be new to MMORPG's and forum systems because RPing (which is the purpose behind the 3rd person typing) is nothing new and has absolutely nothing to do with moderating. In your confusion you've made up your own criteria for judging someone. Of course, good luck getting you to realize that.

Yeah, RPing sure is a mental condition.. lol? And yeah of course you'd look at the accusations and the accusers more deeply. That's the very defined way of projecting your own faults upon others.
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I LOL'ed.

Yeah and she would delete posts/threads and make up her own reasoning, like she does with her own posts b:shutup

Honestly, if frankie "reviewed post history" as stated at the start, at least 3 people should instantly be cut off the list for various reasons of idiocy... I'd kinda only want half-intelligent or better people deciding whether what I said was offensive or not, so much can only be taken in context to be reacted to.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Why no Archosaur representative?
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    o.o I'd rather not pick an idiot, idiot = pick up a hat because it's military time, who is the first poor sap to be captain.

No one in Arch voted prolly because they didn't want to get in this spam ****.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • MrSnipe - Raging Tide
    MrSnipe - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Go Fuzzy! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a sniping CAT! b:shocked
    Run for your lives!
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sigh...

just like the results of the recent elections here in the us
    inb4 'stupid americans', shut up butthurt europe, at least we get to vote even if we pick stupid people >_>

Just about everyone that reads your last paragraph will simply think that you need to get yourself well and truly educated.

All the people that are bemoaning that this poll is a popularity contest, congratulations!

Oh my!! The most popular person got the most votes!! What a shocker!

So what is your argument against this really? Every poll is a popularity contest. Same as political elections, it is all about who is liked and perceivably offers the best to be able to make themselves popular and hopefully, succeed in their roles. Unless it is a 'who do you dislike the most' poll but even then, the most popularly disliked will come out victorious.

Others are saying that none of the names on the list have experience. Everyone starts with a blank sheet at some point. Some probably don't want to blow their own 'I been uber mod on twelfty major forums in the last few years' trumpet. People make the claim often enough that it is dismissed as self important and above all, a load of baloney, even if it is the truth.

It's amusing when someone posts that they dislike the idea of a poll for this then say yes, they would be happy with any of the candidates. If that is so, why the issue?

I have absolutely nothing against the candidates here. They could all fit in to the role of mod quite easily.

More the pity that some people are so selfish, they will intentionally set out to make the job as difficult as possible for any new mod, irrespective of how they are chosen.

Good luck to all the candidates and a successful moderating career for the winner(s).
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i voted zoe for the lulz
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to vote for fuzzy wuzzy because everyone likes him!
    I would vote for Zoe but no one likes her =/
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Honestly, if frankie "reviewed post history" as stated at the start, at least 3 people should instantly be cut off the list for various reasons of idiocy... I'd kinda only want half-intelligent or better people deciding whether what I said was offensive or not, so much can only be taken in context to be reacted to.b:bye

If that was the case then someone shouldn't have become a mod
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I vote for Kritty, I have know them for years now and I met them when I first joined PWI. He taught me about the game and has really helped me with my character. He has never been exasperated by me when I ask silly questions, he is kind and considerate to everyone he meets. Even when they do not seem worth the trouble haha

Good luck Kritty!
  • Meeeeowwwwww - Raging Tide
    Meeeeowwwwww - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy is drunk all the time xD
    Magic Banana!!!
    Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Meeeowwwwwww Kittens<3You
    WTFBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  • chimaira24
    chimaira24 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I vote for CrittyCat!

Gl btw;)
  • Necare - Harshlands
    Necare - Harshlands Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Fuzzy for prezzyb:victory
    Once upon a time I was stuck in Hall of Deception.
    The Devs felt sorry for me having to smash lowbies all day, so they decided to promote me.
    I then rerolled a Psychic.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Fuzzy wonders if that's why democracy is the most effective system in the free world....

Enter: electoral college. Yeah, not *quite* a democracy, as the 2000 elections proved.
    haybails wrote: »
    So what is your argument against this really? Every poll is a popularity contest. Same as political elections, it is all about who is liked and perceivably offers the best to be able to make themselves popular and hopefully, succeed in their roles. Unless it is a 'who do you dislike the most' poll but even then, the most popularly disliked will come out victorious.
    Understand that in political elections, people try to choose someone who will do what they want in their office. If they want to cut spending, have more government programs, whatever they want to do.

In the forums, people want to vote for a mod because they want someone they "know." While being a regular, contributing member (notice, not "known") to the forums should be a definite prerequisite for moderator, simply being a popular poster (not necessarily contributing, but simply popular) has about as much to do with being a moderator as being a popular kid in middle school has to do with being manager of a business.
    It's amusing when someone posts that they dislike the idea of a poll for this then say yes, they would be happy with any of the candidates. If that is so, why the issue?
    I, for one, have again been very careful not to offer an opinion on the candidates. Once more, I say that if frankie can pick 6 candidates that he believes qualified, then he should have picked just one. I will NOT offer an opinion on these candidates.
    More the pity that some people are so selfish, they will intentionally set out to make the job as difficult as possible for any new mod, irrespective of how they are chosen.

Good luck to all the candidates and a successful moderating career for the winner(s).
    I certainly hope that this will not be the case. The new mod, whoever they end up being, will certainly be respected by me, at least. That does not make me like the way they're chosen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • storehammy
    edited November 2010
    simply being a popular poster (not necessarily contributing, but simply popular) has about as much to do with being a moderator as being a popular kid in middle school has to do with being manager of a business.

Said "popular kid" has the people skills?
    b:chuckle
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary

• Alphae - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    storehammy wrote: »
    Said "popular kid" has the people skills?
    b:chuckle

Not necessarily, which is kind of my point. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm trying to figure out how someone like Pressa was chosen..... I guess the 15 pages of insults directed at me .... 6 months ago? was totally forgotten.. I asked a question, one alot of people were interested in, and Pressa comes and insults me for HOURS (pages and pages and pages) on the basis my question was stupid and i'm stupid and "stupid questions deserve a stupid answer" and should gtfo or something.... heh She was a inch away from being banned on here if i remember. Whatever..... least she's nowhere near winning. GO FUZZY! lol