4Path BM Guide, detailed

Comments

• Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Did quit few months ago, and forgot about this guide until someone got me remember.

Well i wont finish it, but i would still consider it useful.
    i can get hh99 dual swords cheap ;o is the zerk blade still better?

Yes. By far.
    Cyclone Heel- is it true that it only work on normal attk?
    or it does increase attk rate w/ skill?
    i like this guide btw, genie guide is clearly n usefull
    i knew wat genie skill to get but this show when to use it w/ skills, awsome

Skills work by channeling and casting time, not attack speed. So yes its true.
    dekciw wrote: »
    Disagreed.

A EP mdef buffed warrior using marrow with regular perfect mdef shards averaging 3 socket per piece gets 1.5-1.6k mdef bonus That will help you a ton more than 1k hp. Just saying. If you can + your armor enough to get a decent amount of hp fully buffed, mdef shards are a pretty strong choice.

I thought i explained it weell in the guide. I wont do it again, could only repeat. Do the maths urself, and u will see that what u wrote isnt true.
    If you had to put an order of importance on your end game gear what would it be? What I mean is, if I manage to get together say, 100m coins, what should I go for first? Lunar claw, -interval gear, GX, etc? and what is easiest to farm, and what should just probably be bought?

I tend to switch between axe and fists all the time, atleast 200x an hour >.<

I quit months ago, and i know they made changes to lunar and what not... so i cant tell u whats easy to farm.

Getting GX and cv claws is first priority. I personally farmed my TT99 pole myself, except the green mats, which we got together on guild runs.
    i got lunar zerk pole now ;o what will do more dmg

zerk pole with much refine + glacial spike
    or zerk sword with lower refine + myriad

both lvl 11 sage mastery

i wouldnt suggest using glacial in nearly any situation, if the refines arent way lower, myriad will also deal more dmg.
    FC axes arent useless for bm's if you get the correct one. Gatherstorm poleaxe does a healing Zerker effect that lasts longer than one strike. Sacrificial strike skills are fun, but I've crit higher without them b:surrender

I dont remembert whats gatherstorm, but if u really think that u can do higher damage witha non zerk weapon, well i dont want to say anything too harsh.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    STR – more damage.
    VIT – more hp.
    MAG – more mana.
    DEXT – more accuracy, evasion, critical hit.

Just some comments:

Str adds phy defence too
    Vit adds phy and mag defence too
    mag adds mag defence too (not needed for bm but worth to point out)
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Edit, posted to wrong thread.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • MrBladey - Lost City
    MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hey can I please have the locations for the LVL 82 aoe grind spot for wolves? I can't seem to find them. b:cry
    For honor...
    For glory...
    FOR E-PEEN!
  • MALIGNO - Harshlands
    MALIGNO - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Good job Hippie on the Guide; very well thoiught out.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Hey can I please have the locations for the LVL 82 aoe grind spot for wolves? I can't seem to find them. b:cry

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/12273

Its the southern location. Took about 30 seconds to find, use ur brain(unless u r a woman, than excuse me).
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Combatte - Dreamweaver
    Combatte - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Great work, thanks!
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    bump

10chars
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Depressant - Harshlands
    Depressant - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Bump

10chars
  • Miliseconds - Harshlands
    Miliseconds - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why isnt this stickied yet? This is the best BM guide in pwi forumsb:angry
    "Its never too late to be what we could have been" - George Elliot

Paimage/Paigrande
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Bump.

10chars
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    gone demon yet?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    gone demon yet?

i am happy with being sage, and i dont really play since like januar so... : ))

in fact sage is better for my style under any stance, even if i fetched money into the game. the only two things i envy of demon is demon dragons and demon spear ulti. but with my ping i couldnt take advantage of second one anyway, as playing from europe.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i am happy with being sage, and i dont really play since like januar so... : ))

in fact sage is better for my style under any stance, even if i fetched money into the game. the only two things i envy of demon is demon dragons and demon spear ulti. but with my ping i couldnt take advantage of second one anyway, as playing from europe.

you said bolt is a useless skill =(
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Who can you kill with your build? 100 more vit give you 1500hp, wow tanky.

Def+2 definitly better for BMs. Vit Stone and Sapphire, which one should a BM really use?
    I am still debating on this.

Due to BM should target arcane classes, and with the marrow add on, sapphire gems can work really well in pk imo. Personally, I think Sapphire Gem better than vit stone. You would ask vit stone more hp and give some p.def. P.def for melee is not really that important imo. You fight against melee with anti stun/stun lock. HP wise, once I got past 10k hp unbuffed I wanted more defense. Sapphire and Vit stones, which one better? your choice really.

I tested my stats earlier. I found that vit stones' m.def doesn't add on with marrow and buff. The m.def difference with Sapphire Gems and Vit Stones become noticeable after you are buffed and marrowed. Sapphire gems work even better with many def +2 shards.

No comments on your stun lock skills.

2010 everyone frost to level. No clue about 2011.

Genie skill I didn't even read. Play more then people will know how to play. We all get experience from trying.

Really hope for a server merge, then we can duel it out.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Who can you kill with your build? 100 more vit give you 1500hp, wow tanky.

Def+2 definitly better for BMs. Vit Stone and Sapphire, which one should a BM really use?
    I am still debating on this.

Due to BM should target arcane classes, and with the marrow add on, sapphire gems can work really well in pk imo. Personally, I think Sapphire Gem better than vit stone. You would ask vit stone more hp and give some p.def. P.def for melee is not really that important imo. You fight against melee with anti stun/stun lock. HP wise, once I got past 10k hp unbuffed I wanted more defense. Sapphire and Vit stones, which one better? your choice really.

I tested my stats earlier. I found that vit stones' m.def doesn't add on with marrow and buff. The m.def difference with Sapphire Gems and Vit Stones become noticeable after you are buffed and marrowed. Sapphire gems work even better with many def +2 shards.

No comments on your stun lock skills.

2010 everyone frost to level. No clue about 2011.

Genie skill I didn't even read. Play more then people will know how to play. We all get experience from trying.

Really hope for a server merge, then we can duel it out.

Back when i quit(in januar) there was about 4-5 person on harshlands i couldnt kill selfbuffed, 1v1. that doesnt mean i was better than everyone, it simply means that i had the potential to kill them.

yes, def+2 is great, but didnt exist on PWI when this guide was written. +10 vit is great aswell, but as for the same reason am i supposed to include +20 vit stones, just until the time they come out? : ))

if u really think that sapphires are better than vit stones, there is no point to argue with u lol. thats just plain stuped.

i am not sure, but imo even marrows description says, that they give defence bonus after equipment, and not overall. (would really mean big difference, if we had points in mag). sapphires are the worst choice. go with +10 vit stones, and or +2 def lvl stones. as for the ratio, do ur won math. u can have 12k mdef fullbuffed without sapphires, there is really no need for having more than 10-11k lol

no comments? well than ignoring that : ))

no clue about the rest of ur post. idc if u think that u know something better. post ur reasons, otherwise rather dont post anything.

and for the server merge... i dont really play since januar, and that wont change. i tried to come back, found it pointless to play on pwi.
    you said bolt is a useless skill =(

that still aplies. since than i saw some interesting combos, with demon glacial, which are very useful if done well. but to do that u need low ping so i couldnt even try, and i didnt see anyone do those on harshlands.

bolt sucks generally, and thats it : ))
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Bolt of tyreseus

Freeze targets in range for 5 seconds, and basicly cuts their attributes in half, like channeling, etc. This skill has 2 flaw. It needs to be casted using fist, which means a fairly low damage output, whatever u do for single shot. The other problem is heavy chi cost. I personally would never use a spark for this skill, however in few situations it may be useful. Like few times in TW(having enough chi is a real issue here thou), and GV delta.

With highly refined fists/claws at endgame, it's actually a pretty hard hitting skill. If you crit it can one-shot squishies. If for some reason you actually have zerk fists, this skill would be even more amazing.

It's also your widest aoe and is very useful in TW, you just need to red sprint, faith or vacuity before using it.

Buddhas guard

I have really no idea where could this skill help... Maybe in GV if things go wrong, but combined with 10 min cd, this skill looks fairly useless.

It's good for TW and can be useful in PK. Very situational, you need to use it at the right time, but overall it's not really worth the chrono pages.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Back when i quit(in januar) there was about 4-5 person on harshlands i couldnt kill selfbuffed, 1v1. that doesnt mean i was better than everyone, it simply means that i had the potential to kill them.

yes, def+2 is great, but didnt exist on PWI when this guide was written. +10 vit is great aswell, but as for the same reason am i supposed to include +20 vit stones, just until the time they come out? : ))

if u really think that sapphires are better than vit stones, there is no point to argue with u lol. thats just plain stuped.

i am not sure, but imo even marrows description says, that they give defence bonus after equipment, and not overall. (would really mean big difference, if we had points in mag). sapphires are the worst choice. go with +10 vit stones, and or +2 def lvl stones. as for the ratio, do ur won math. u can have 12k mdef fullbuffed without sapphires, there is really no need for having more than 10-11k lol

no comments? well than ignoring that : ))

no clue about the rest of ur post. idc if u think that u know something better. post ur reasons, otherwise rather dont post anything.

and for the server merge... i dont really play since januar, and that wont change. i tried to come back, found it pointless to play on pwi.

that still aplies. since than i saw some interesting combos, with demon glacial, which are very useful if done well. but to do that u need low ping so i couldnt even try, and i didnt see anyone do those on harshlands.

bolt sucks generally, and thats it : ))

you should give maligano a vist and ask him about bolt and how he 1 shots everyone at west and such pk places ^^
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    i know maligno, i played with him together. (he was a decent wr, i never seen him using that skill, but again, i am not playing since januar)

if u can oneshot anyone with that skill, it means that they would have died to a highlands cleave most likely, considering same grade axes, with same refines. and u will have zerk on axes, while on fist u will prefer interval. yes maligno has zerk fists, but thats stuped imo.

as for the last time. its not that great skill, waste of chi. if u want to aoe, use axes, and thats it. there are combos with wich and situations where it is useful. but u could do the same in other ways, which i prefer more.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    i know maligno, i played with him together. (he was a decent wr, i never seen him using that skill, but again, i am not playing since januar)

if u can oneshot anyone with that skill, it means that they would have died to a highlands cleave most likely, considering same grade axes, with same refines. and u will have zerk on axes, while on fist u will prefer interval. yes maligno has zerk fists, but thats stuped imo.

as for the last time. its not that great skill, waste of chi. if u want to aoe, use axes, and thats it. there are combos with wich and situations where it is useful. but u could do the same in other ways, which i prefer more.

its a great skill deals awsome dmg and it holds people in place ^^
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    when you hit somone iwth a stun in the air it lets em keep falling

hit em with a freeze and its back on the flyer

for that alone i love bolt <3
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    He only one shots people with it because he demon sparks, marrow then drop to ground and Bolt.
    Bolt's range is actually larger than that of axes AoE. The skill doesn't say the range but my guess is 15 vs axes' 10. It's very useful in TW cata lane to freeze a LOT of people while slowing their channel and decrease their attack speed.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    He only one shots people with it because he demon sparks, marrow then drop to ground and Bolt.

Bolt's range is actually larger than that of axes AoE. The skill doesn't say the range but my guess is 15 vs axes' 10. It's very useful in TW cata lane to freeze a LOT of people while slowing their channel and decrease their attack speed.

i thought it has 12 meters of range(in fact i didnt think any skill has bigger range than that, as aoe), but it might have 15, idk.

it is useful in certain situations, as i sad, but generally its not that good skill. and aoe stun has nearly as big range, but much smaller chi cost. yes u can combine them, but i would rather dragon with that chi, causing those people to die, instead of being half frozen for 5 sec.

as for that thing joska mentioned, i never knew about that : ))
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
    edited October 2010

It's an amazing skill, it's your widest aoe, it freezes and reduces channeling. If you don't see how that's an amazing TW skill...

dot dot dot

...nothing further to add without being rude. Also, I'd much rather use Bolt in PvP than MSS. MSS for PvP is straight up a joke.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    It's an amazing skill, it's your widest aoe, it freezes and reduces channeling. If you don't see how that's an amazing TW skill...

dot dot dot

...nothing further to add without being rude. Also, I'd much rather use Bolt in PvP than MSS. MSS for PvP is straight up a joke.

go ahead and be rude, i really dont care.

at the point where everyone is running around in very endgame gear, with +6-10 sets, MSS isnt great, true. when people are running around in hh90, its a faceroll skill with hh90 gold sword. one year ago on harshlands it was potentially oneshotting any AA/LA user, with +3.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
    edited October 2010
    go ahead and be rude, i really dont care.

at the point where everyone is running around in very endgame gear, with +6-10 sets, MSS isnt great, true. when people are running around in hh90, its a faceroll skill with hh90 gold sword. one year ago on harshlands it was potentially oneshotting any AA/LA user, with +3.

Roar = 5 meters
    Drake Sweep = 8 meters
    Fissure\Cleave = 10 meters
    Bolt = 12 meters

Bolt has over 4x the area of coverage that Roar has.

MSS is great for the lulz, but you're saying bolt is a waste of chi, that's only 1 spark, MSS is a waste of two.

The real problem is with MSS at end-game, you'd need really highly refined swords. If you have the money to burn to +10 or better a set of swords, go for it, unless you do, MSS is only useful for the aoe debuff, and only in very rare circumstances. A BM can live without MSS, but not having Bolt is a shame.
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Roar = 5 meters
    Drake Sweep = 8 meters
    Bolt = 12 meters

MSS is great for the lulz, but you're saying bolt is a waste of chi, that's only 1 spark, MSS is a waste of two.

The real problem is with MSS at end-game, you'd need really highly refined swords. If you have the money to burn to +10 or better a set of swords, go for it, unless you do, MSS is only useful for the aoe debuff, and only in very rare circumstances. A BM can live without MSS, but not having Bolt is a shame.

ey my BM tool friend, roar is 10m. bolt cost 1spark which is A LOT in TW when all BM's useful skills require sparks. It is all depends on situation, you can't judge a skill good or not. Overall, bolt is a great skill imo. Biggest area covered is not its selling point imo. The bolt's paralyze, slow channeling and one extra movement debuff are the selling point of bolt imo.

Michael, stop hating. People like them have time to make guide for starters are great. Don't be so picky, when we don't even make our own guide.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Roar = 5 meters
    Drake Sweep = 8 meters
    Bolt = 12 meters

killing endgame people with a low refined weapon is hard?

never would have guessed

problem with MSS is that it eats 2 sparks for only 200% weapon damage on a low base weapon and no amount of refines will compensate for this on an = gear player because past a point other classes def scales faster than our skil damage ever will w/o zerk+crit on a g 15/13 weapon or high aps

its basicly a stone rain that costs 2 sparks and hits for phys at a range just out of roar and to close to stop a runner

even when you could bypass it was on arcanes with low refine orns and you needed zerk or crit

so ya your right that its mainly a pve skill (sexy in a 2-3 bm RB on stun imune waves) but for a totaly different reason
    edited October 2010
    Overall, bolt is a great skill imo. Biggest area covered is not its selling point imo. The bolt's paralyze, slow channeling and one extra movement debuff are the selling point of bolt imo.

Oh I didn't say that it was the only selling point. And my mistade on the range... I get so many more people with bolt. And you can use it while roar is on cooldown. In TW I spam both if I have the chi.
    Michael, stop hating. People like them have time to make guide for starters are great. Don't be so picky, when we don't even make our own guide.

Part of my trolling nature. xP

killing endgame people with a low refined weapon is hard?

never would have guessed

problem with MSS is that it eats 2 sparks for only 200% weapon damage on a low base weapon and no amount of refines will compensate for this on an = gear player because past a point other classes def scales faster than our skil damage ever will w/o zerk+crit on a g 15/13 weapon or high aps

its basicly a stone rain that costs 2 sparks and hits for phys at a range just out of roar and to close to stop a runner

even when you could bypass it was on arcanes with low refine orns and you needed zerk or crit

so ya your right that its mainly a pve skill (sexy in a 2-3 bm RB on stun imune waves) but for a totaly different reason

Wow, you are dyslexic. Thanks for totally rewriting what I already said without adding anything significant.

I didn't actually state any reason. You use MSS for the aoe debuff, like once a year. lol
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Oh I didn't say that it was the only selling point. And my mistade on the range... I get so many more people with bolt. And you can use it while roar is on cooldown. In TW I spam both if I have the chi.

Part of my trolling nature. xP

Wow, you are dyslexic. Thanks for totally rewriting what I already said without adding anything significant.

I didn't actually state any reason. You use MSS for the aoe debuff, like once a year. lol

I use that skill a lot to 1shot people.