Dissapointed

Options

Comments

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

After the Battle of San Jacinto, Texas was recognized as an independent republic by U.S., Britain and France.

No, they recognized the treaties of Velasco that did not include formal recognition of Texan independence and which that dog Santana signed under duress.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Guys! Enough of the OT conversation! Seriously...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

No, they recognized the treaties of Velasco that did not include formal recognition of Texan independence and which that dog Santana signed under duress.

That must be just your opinion as many countries recognized the Republic of Texas, there is even a Republic of Texas Embassy in London that stands till this day.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That must be just your opinion as many countries recognized the Republic of Texas, there is even a Republic of Texas Embassy in London that stands till this day.

It is not. That there was a Texan mission to London doesn't mean it was officially recognized. I don't mind settling this through pertaining documents of the British Crown however...

Edit; I checked Wikipedia, England never formally recognized Texas. However France, Belgium and the Netherlands did. I would challenge France's recognition as being issued by a government which itself resulted from a dissolution of Congress, but those of Belgium and the Netherlands stand as official. Even counting France, however, the recognition by four states (five if we count Yucatan which was in a similar scenario to that of Texas) could hardly count as setting sufficient precedent according to theory of state, especially given that the matter of Spain's right would've emerged was Texas to be no longer covered by the treaty of Cordoba. I'll have to admit this comes to a matter of opinion, from a Mexican point of view the republic of Texas was never legal, and Mexico never recognized it since it was annexation to the US that it eventually was forced to accept. There would be a case to be made whether recognition by European nations in such terms was de jure.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This thread is AWESOME b:victory
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    O.o started out about PWI now its a history debate.

At least its interesting..........kinda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hispanic is an ethnic and not a racial classification. I'm myself descended from Vicegoths (a Scandinavian people) and have no Native American ancestry but wouldn't be considered "white" in your country. I actually take pride in that...

Shut up, I assume you were bright enough to understand what I meant the first time, perhaps not because you're arguing semantics. Yes, it's obvious that you have a great sense of ego/pride... it gets in the way of common sense quite often.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Shut up, I assume you were bright enough to understand what I meant the first time, perhaps not because you're arguing semantics. Yes, it's obvious that you have a great sense of ego/pride... it gets in the way of common sense quite often.

b:bye

My pride doesn't get in the way of truth however. You've only been back for a few days and already i've seen you flaming with other posters in several threads, so spare me your holier than thou tripe.

And what may seem as semantics to you makes an important characterization to me. I'm not American which means i may find significant distinctions you don't consider important in your own culture. This was about setting the record straight in regards to historical fact to me, not about racially motivated debate.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    fixed for ya, also idk what u tlakin aobut, iv made 2 chacters lv 100 and i can make over 20mil/week w/o doin things like nirvana or HH, and iv NEVER touched the cashshop

Do you think, that everyone in PWI do this ?

If all players will be able to get "20mil/week", then who will pay those millions to you ?

And what you will be able to buy for those millions (if everyone will have same amount of coins) ?

Most of players pay to play (so, you can buy something using gold of those players) or grind to get some coins.

This is why I almost stopped to level. Same mobs, but more and more expenses from level to level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what is this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what is this thread

Disappointed player asked why in free to play game he must grind hard or pay to play.

These just rules of current game, don't worry.

Everyone can play as he/she want.

And for beginners this game is really good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The British Empire will rise again and make the map of the world all pink. b:cute

Wait a min ...
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Okay so there was this hope i had for PWI, that it would get to the playable point again sometime. Unfortunately it doesn't look like its going to get there. All you cash shoppers are spending WAY too much of your money on a Free to play game!! why the hell dont you play a Pay-to-play!! its a lot cheaper!!! and it would give people who dont want to spend $100s each month, on a GAME!, a chance to enjoy getting to a higher lvl in pwi. As it is at the moment you cant get or do anything 80+ without either cash shopping, knowing a cash shopper that will give u stuff, or working really hard and saving and saving and grinding for.. aww you fell just short D: damn. I guess I'll quit now, I just wanted to try to get my feeling thru to ppl who spend way too much cash on this stupid game
    b:sadb:bye

I would like to add that this is a really great game, with great content and graphics, but filled with stupid, greedy people :(

yeah this person is right.

But hey i do the 20$ a month gamble on packs too..if i win cool..if i lose..cool i still can get something from the boutique lady or sell the tokens to stash coin.But i also know how to merchant/farm/grind..etc since i am from the good ole classic days.

ahh the days before the packs..before the bh's..the days you knew..damn that person worked hardcore for that gear/lvl..now its more of damn he spent alot of RL cash..poor guy/gal.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    As it is at the moment you cant get or do anything 80+ without either cash shopping, knowing a cash shopper that will give u stuff, or working really hard and saving and saving and grinding for.. aww you fell just short D: damn. I guess I'll quit now,
    People you dont need to cash shop once you get 80+ -.-. you have FCC to cover..and hypers are a non issue..

I'm 18% from 91..and all I've been doing in the occasional FCC and fbs.. I have not even "grinded" for exp yet. . The only real problem is bhs which were once a strong source of xp, start getting hard to get squads for. You learn to deal with the high grind..and after awhile the lvls just come when they come. It's YOUR own fault that you think you have to rely on the boutique to enjoy the game. Stop trying to be like everyone else who cashshops , stop trying to play at their level. Play for yourself and play at your own standards.

Sorry but this guy is either a troll or trying to discourage people from playing like a lot of you members here are doing.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Do you think, that everyone in PWI do this ?

If all players will be able to get "20mil/week", then who will pay those millions to you ?

And what you will be able to buy for those millions (if everyone will have same amount of coins) ?

Most of players pay to play (so, you can buy something using gold of those players) or grind to get some coins.

This is why I almost stopped to level. Same mobs, but more and more expenses from level to level.

Exactly. And the worst thing is, some classes have HUGE advantage to gain coins and some not. This another unbalance in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Exactly. And the worst thing is, some classes have HUGE advantage to gain coins and some not. This another unbalance in game.

And some class has the ability to AOE 12 meters with base + 500% + 14k damage.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Except for Alaska, Americans stole all the land they did not inherit from England.

Ever heard of Louisiana purchase? YOU FAIL

Legally, all people in Texas were Mexicans regardless of ancestry, so there were no Americans in Texas prior to the war. Also, legally, the Republic of Texas never existed, it was never recognized by any country other than the United States, and according to international law Texas was a part of Mexican territory, which only Mexico had any right to recognize independence to. The US Supreme Court would ironically side with Mexico today according to how it later ruled in similar scenarios.

Learn your own history, there is such a thing as historical fact.

So according to your own words Texas wasnt stolen by the US it was stolen by mexicans who decided to secede from mexico. After that they decided on their own to join the united states. YOU FAIL
    It is not. That there was a Texan mission to London doesn't mean it was officially recognized. I don't mind settling this through pertaining documents of the British Crown however...

Edit; I checked Wikipedia, England never formally recognized Texas. However France, Belgium and the Netherlands did. I would challenge France's recognition as being issued by a government which itself resulted from a dissolution of Congress, but those of Belgium and the Netherlands stand as official. Even counting France, however, the recognition by four states (five if we count Yucatan which was in a similar scenario to that of Texas) could hardly count as setting sufficient precedent according to theory of state, especially given that the matter of Spain's right would've emerged was Texas to be no longer covered by the treaty of Cordoba. I'll have to admit this comes to a matter of opinion, from a Mexican point of view the republic of Texas was never legal, and Mexico never recognized it since it was annexation to the US that it eventually was forced to accept. There would be a case to be made whether recognition by European nations in such terms was de jure.

Wikipedia is a joke. the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
    I could write that all mexicans are pedophiles on wikipedia. Would that make it true?
    YOU FAIL
    It's not, try opening a history book once in a while...

Take your own advice some time. YOU FAIL

Try again but next time stop destroying your own arguments and use valid facts from reputable sources.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In other words, barbs are the weakest and least necessary class in PWI at this current date...yay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I could write that all mexicans are pedophiles on wikipedia. Would that make it true?
    YOU FAIL.
    Gotta agree with this one... I just completed a master's thesis and citation of Wikipedia, Ask.com, and a number of other editable sources without a centralized verification agent were strictly forbidden in scholarly publications. One of our professors spoke of how a colleague found an error in a Wikipedia article, tried to correct it, only to find someone had overwritten the correction (which was cited in a refereed scientific journal) and replaced it with the incorrect information.

Wikipedia is just a forum for that amplifies the phrase "History is written by the winners" a thousand times over. As Foxgrit said, it's a joke (although some articles will have references to online sources that are refereeed and unbiased, so not completely useless either).
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Gotta agree with this one... I just completed a master's thesis and citation of Wikipedia, Ask.com, and a number of other editable sources without a centralized verification agent were strictly forbidden in scholarly publications. One of our professors spoke of how a colleague found an error in a Wikipedia article, tried to correct it, only to find someone had overwritten the correction (which was cited in a refereed scientific journal) and replaced it with the incorrect information.

Wikipedia is just a forum for that amplifies the phrase "History is written by the winners" a thousand times over. As Foxgrit said, it's a joke (although some articles will have references to online sources that are refereeed and unbiased, so not completely useless either).

I'll agree with that. The information contained their doesnt have to be incorrect but when anyone can go and change the information at any time it is far from being a reputable source.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sure I have skill and I play my character very well IMO but in terms of PVP how do you compete? look for other non-cash shoppers or pk lowbies? the playing field is so widely spread apart that I look in WC and see that things like need intv bm for nirvana. Heck even if I want tt90 gold axe it will cost me ............
    I can understand this sentiment, but what I question is whether this is a cash-shop issue or a server age issue.

In my 2+ years of playing I've earned about 2 billion coins as a merchant, so it's as though I've spent about $4,500, except I haven't. Meanwhile other F2P merchants, such as RoidAbuse, have earned far, far, far more than me.

So how does a new player compete? They obviously can't go back in time. My feeling is that if people want to cash-shop to make up for lost time, I guess they can go ahead and do it, but on the other hand there still is the option of putting in the time and effort and accepting that they've come to the game late. I know quite a few F2P players who aren't merchants yet still get accused of being cash-shoppers because other people can't believe somebody else could be so much better at the game than they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ever heard of Louisiana purchase? YOU FAIL
    Yes, on the main i will admit this was a legitimate acquisition, so i stand corrected and take back my previous claim. Foxgrit 1- Manray 0
    So according to your own words Texas wasnt stolen by the US it was stolen by mexicans who decided to secede from mexico. After that they decided on their own to join the united states. YOU FAIL

No, the independence of Texas was nothing more than a charade by english speaking protestant settlers to promote annexation into the United States, which they lobbied for even before a centralist constitution was passed in Mexico City. Foxgrit 1- Manray 1
    YOU FAIL

No, Wikipedia has actually been found to be as accurate as the Encyclopaedia Britannica by such independent parties as the BBC, since it also has the advantage of an active community to mantain it. As with any other source you actually need to have sufficient knowledge to use it. On the particular matter i used it for i was actually proven wrong, and i found the references provided sufficient to warrant no further research into the issue. If you had read the post you'd have actually realized this. It is the responsability of those who make a claim to back it up so unless you can produce any evidence of diplomatic recognition for the Republic of Texas by countries other than those i mentioned it is you who fails. Foxgrit 1- Manray 2
    Take your own advice some time. YOU FAIL
    Try again but next time stop destroying your own arguments and use valid facts from reputable sources.

I do question and sometimes even destroy my own arguments. It's called critical thinking which i would advice you to exercise yourself. It is you who should be taking your own advice on this matter. b:bye

Final score; Foxgrit 1- Manray 2--- YOU FAIL

Edit; And this is not academic debate, anyone who expects a forum post to meet the same standards an article should meet for publication in a peer reviewed journal is in serious need of a reality check.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My pride doesn't get in the way of truth however. You've only been back for a few days and already i've seen you flaming with other posters in several threads, so spare me your holier than thou tripe.

Holier than thou? Ok, Princess, hesitate to look in the mirror as to avoid any self-recognition.

And what may seem as semantics to you makes an important characterization to me. I'm not American which means i may find significant distinctions you don't consider important in your own culture. This was about setting the record straight in regards to historical fact to me, not about racially motivated debate.

So what exactly would you use to determine 'race'. Are you using social or scientific online sites for your determination, since you seem to be so internet brilliant. Please cite me your article of higher learning gleamed from using google or wikipedia... 'race' is a highly subjective term any number of people can disagree with. Whose definition are you going by, certainly not your own... you've already proven your internet intelligence. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    who cares, their spending isnt preventing you from playing, jut play the damn game and enjoy it for your own sake. being jealous solves onthing durr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Whatever the motivation behind this war of words, I personally would like to see it stop. There are things much more worth discussing, as I'm sure you all know by now...so without further ado...can we get a lock for just plain off-topic-ness?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Holier than thou? Ok, Princess, hesitate to look in the mirror as to avoid any self-recognition.

Seems like you really did miss me. b:kiss
    So what exactly would you use to determine 'race'. Are you using social or scientific online sites for your determination, since you seem to be so internet brilliant. Please cite me your article of higher learning gleamed from using google or wikipedia... 'race' is a highly subjective term any number of people can disagree with. Whose definition are you going by, certainly not your own... you've already proven your internet intelligence. lol

Internet brilliant am i? Well, i'm afraid i couldn't link to you the articles in the Bruguera and Sopena encyclopedias in which i probably first looked up the subject in my youth, and that you'd probably miss references to authors such as H.G. Wells, Vasconcelos, Victor Hugo, Paz or Kafka, amongst others, which i read in my childhood and helped me develop an understanding of this. Nor would you likely be acquainted with Asimov's detailing of the work of men such as Darwin, Linnaeus and Mendel. How about Huxley's lectures?

Oh wait, i do own an old 60's print of a book called "Races of Men" which i'm pretty sure expresses the sort of thing you would agree with. Being such a cultured reader i'll just assume you know exactly which book is it i'm talking about... Internet brilliant? I'm less than half an hour away of what is without a doubt the most iconic library in the Spanish speaking world... I went to college within sight of it...

This is not apropiate discussion for this forums. The main point of controversy is one i'm willing to discuss through pms (in polite and repectful terms) with those who may be interested in actual debate. I will only say that i consider it dishonest to deny history. My country has been largely wrecked because of a refusal to deal with the past and with our own mistakes. Poverty and violence are the heritage my people continue to struggle with because of this. History is not about settling scores nor about justifying present day postures or attitudes. Is not about reparations or making amends. Is about knowing who you are, is about the future.

And Michael, if you honestly believe nationality equals race then you have a very screwed up understanding of biology and politics...
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There s one race: the hman race

There are, however, many ethnicities...felt like I should clarify that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And some class has the ability to AOE 12 meters with base + 500% + 14k damage.
    With a 4 second channel and 1.6 cast time and using 2 sparks. Which is a joke compared to DB even in a wizard-friendly instance like delta.
    who cares, their spending isnt preventing you from playing, jut play the damn game and enjoy it for your own sake. being jealous solves onthing durr.
    Oh when I get 1-shot by cash shoppers or topped at events, yes it does prevent me from playing the game. Sorry to break it to you, but this is not a single-player game.
  • BassFace - Harshlands
    BassFace - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    First off your n idiot you cant blame normal *** people for the goverenment. Its not like any of us have any choice in what goes on. you either born with royal blood or your just one of us. We may have a lot of fat asses here but I'm sure you have something wrong with your population as well. its ignorant people like you that creates tension between people. people who are all the same.

As for the amount of money you have to spend to keep playing this game... Well people will get tired of and will move on and PWI dosent find a balance then they will fail and justbe a memory. There was a comment that said you can beat this game is a few days for you.... Get a damn life.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There s one race: the hman race

There are, however, many ethnicities...felt like I should clarify that...

Race is a concept that points to phenotyipical variation amongst different populations of Homo Sapiens. Is it a relevant concept? Outside of some fields such as medicine or anthropology the answer is no. No significant statistical difference in capacities has emerged from the small number of enviromental adaptations in our species.

Ethnicity is a social construct which separates groups of people according to their own self-identification as members of a group. It may be argued this is also a no longer relevant concept since a key factor is almost exclusive reproduction amongst members of a certain group, which seems to be no longer the case at least amongst people in the Western hemisphere. However we unfortunately still live on nation-states whose creation was influenced by the idea of countries corresponding to the distribution of ethnic groups.

I do basically agree with the spirit of what you've written.
    First off your n idiot you cant blame normal *** people for the goverenment. Its not like any of us have any choice in what goes on. you either born with royal blood or your just one of us. We may have a lot of fat asses here but I'm sure you have something wrong with your population as well. its ignorant people like you that creates tension between people. people who are all the same.

Once again, this was never about blame, at least for me. Americans i believe to be for the most part hard working decent people. There are many great contributions they have made to the progress of mankind. This doesn't mean their history is not also filled with crimes and atrocities, much like that of every other human group. Threatening the human race with thermonuclear destruction over what was essentially an ideological debate is a good example, and the people of the former USSR certainly share in the shame. Talk about flaming...

My country was under the rule of what was often refered to as the "perfect dictatorship" for well over 70 years. We've only been a democratic state for a single decade. Does this mean we are not to blame as a society for the evils we have inflicted upon ourselves? The poverty and violence that now continue to destroy us? It is important for all societies to take responsability over their own actions. The US is a democracy and it is the people who are ultimately responsable for the government they get. Given its importance in world affairs, the fate of the whole of mankind does rest in the hands of the people you elect to government. People may all be the same but we don't all get an equal vote over what happens to our planet. Responsability means standing up and acknowledging who you are and what you've done. This is all my opinion of course, and i never meant for things to get so out of hand on this thread. I realize some posters may have felt hurt at some of what i wrote but i cannot apologize for speaking what i believe to be the truth.