Moderator Application Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I guess that's true. I certainly didn't apply for my health. It would be...counterproductive if that were so :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Let's do it! :D

Tempted, tempted...

But then, the archer subforum lacks much in the way of necessary moderation.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ^ This. And they're more likely to actually care about moderating well instead of being overzealous or act too hastily.

Exactly my point. This reduces the amount of stress the job offers because if people see them modding fairly, they're less likely to lash out at them out of pure spite.

Of course, player hate is also reduced by active interaction with GMs and devs. When there's little to no interaction, players generally tend to vent their annoyance and frustration to the most opportune location. In this forum that is the mods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I agree that she's sharp and can be abrasive. Her logic is spot-on.

i totally disagree. her logic is not logical at all. one of the worst ideas for mods ever. i will take Foxgrit before her.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Do moderators really make much of a difference? I don't really understand why people care so much. All they do is close and move threads. No offense but it just doesn't seem all that important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    fyi silest, deora is named dave, he isnt a she.

Rawrgh - ok, he's sensible, unlike half the posters here
    LovesTragedy - no comment
    Deora - has a better chance of satan serving snowcones on a snow day in hell. sarcastic troll.
    Dsholder - no comment
    Longknife - no, basically another konari clone, fairly annoying poster
    Grippielover - no, spends too much time in off topic, no experience
    Zoe - about as bright as a burnt out light bulb, painted black, on the bottom of the ocean. never.
    buttercupcruella - no comment
    FuzzyWuzzy - never heard of you
    LifeHunting - holds grudges too much, big candidate for power abuse, no.
    Krisnda - never heard of you
    FaelinRain - not enough posts to be considered experienced
    Barber - maybe
    Hanman5000 - never heard of you
    LOKI_- never, seems too foreign, i expect moderators to have a grasp on our language
    Kiyoshi - inexperienced
    Dantell - never heard of you
    Pressa - maybe
    KrittyCat - somewhat sensible, maybe
    PAYUPSUCKA - seen nothing but troll threads from this guy, no
    Nowitsawn - definitely not
    SerenityMare - maybe, too light hearted of poster to be taken seriously though
    Emmanueljr - no
    Aesthor - dont like your posts, but youd be ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *removed*
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Slavery has always been voluntary.

http://www.google.com/search?q=walmart+unpaid+baggers
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would like to see Aesthor as a mod. and Elena definitely for archer forums mod,
    Go Elena ;)
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Deora - no

Just had to quote the first person to say no to me b:chuckle
    Deora - Never heard of this person

b:cry
    Deora - has a better chance of satan serving snowcones on a snow day in hell. sarcastic troll.

Oooh that sounds fun, I didn't know they had snow cones in hell, I bet they taste good too
    Deora, I have to say, is one of the most biased, rude, and bitter people I've met on forums. Does anybody else remember the wonderful post that s/he made about those who live in Europe or the Middle East, or South America? Pretty much anybody who ISN'T living in either Canada or the United States?

And I am the biased one? I stated I never had anything against people with half a brain cell that didn't complain all the damn time about times being terrible. What I did complain about was all the idiots that think a US based game should be tailored to them just because they think are better then everyone

On a side note: The people above Im like 99% sure why they said no to me... and more then likely because of my "sharp" as Michael said side, I do state things in a very efficient manner and am not that biased but people just don't like that aparently b:chuckle

Anyway... glad to see the people who are supporting me b:thanks
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Some people see the logic instead of the attitude.

Some see the attitude instead of the logic.

Obviously we all have different ideas of which is more important b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Do moderators really make much of a difference? I don't really understand why people care so much. All they do is close and move threads. No offense but it just doesn't seem all that important.

And dealing with bunholes on the forum.

I really don't see why anyone would want to volunteer for this position.

Anyway, YULK for MOD!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And dealing with bunholes on the forum.

I really don't see why anyone would want to volunteer for this position.

Anyway, YULK for MOD!

Anyone that truly liked Yulk needs to be banished into whatever is below the lower depths to forever rot in perma ban land with him.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

They're important because they kind of set the tone for the community (when properly chosen and staffed). Mods are responsible for being examples, directing discussions, forwarding ideas, and generally setting the mood in a forum. Mods who are outsiders, power-obsessed, or just downright nasty set a mood of rebellion, lashing out, and misbehavior. Mods who are part of the community and who care about their jobs and the content and so-called "welfare" of the forums set a mood of cooperation and general willingness, if not to be happy, to accept their judgments. So yeah, they do make a difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They're important because they kind of set the tone for the community (when properly chosen and staffed). Mods are responsible for being examples, directing discussions, forwarding ideas, and generally setting the mood in a forum. Mods who are outsiders, power-obsessed, or just downright nasty set a mood of rebellion, lashing out, and misbehavior. Mods who are part of the community and who care about their jobs and the content and so-called "welfare" of the forums set a mood of cooperation and general willingness, if not to be happy, to accept their judgments. So yeah, they do make a difference.

^^ agreed.

Moderating is very important and it's much like an art form. If you over-moderate or don't put much thought into it, a community will not flourish. A well moderated (not to be mistaken with ****-moderation) community will grow. If you don't moderate much at all, well we all saw what happened. GMs have shown a bit more activity, and that's done a lot.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There was a time when I might have given Deora a "neutral." But I don't want someone for a mod that thinks it is ok to post in a thread that they are fine with homosexual people being murdered because they "see it as a quarantine for the disease."

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=888022&highlight=faction+kick&page=5

That seems about the worst possible mod you could get, in my opinion. I hope the person that gets in is someone that is not a known troll but logical and cool-headed (you need that, dealing with some of us). SerenityMare might be a good choice in that regard, or Nowitsawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think the only person on the list that I would vote wholeheartedly for, would be Nowitsawn. He seems to be the most well-rounded person of the group, and I think that's what the forum needs. Plus, he seems very helpful and rather nice, which is more than I can say about most of the applicants.

I like what I've seen from KrittyCat, too, though, to be honest, haven't seen -much-. So I would easily support him as well. Besides, I like names with "cat" in them >_>
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There was a time when I might have given Deora a "neutral." But I don't want someone for a mod that thinks it is ok to post in a thread that they are fine with homosexual people being murdered because they "see it as a quarantine for the disease."

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=888022&highlight=faction+kick&page=5

That seems about the worst possible mod you could get, in my opinion. I hope the person that gets in is someone that is not a known troll but logical and cool-headed (you need that, dealing with some of us). SerenityMare might be a good choice in that regard, or Nowitsawn.

1. Homosexuality is just wrong, why, what in the hell does it accomplish, burn them with lots of fire
    2. Not the point of this topic not meaning to derail it
    3. Yes I am a troll but, a professional one at that
    4. ???
    5. PROFIT!!!
    b:chuckle
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

I was offended by it. But so what, I still vote for him. Overall good posts > some bad ones.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

And I am the biased one? I stated I never had anything against people with half a brain cell that didn't complain all the damn time about times being terrible. What I did complain about was all the idiots that think a US based game should be tailored to them just because they think are better then everyone

Everybody complains about the game these days, in some shape or form. You complaining about them complaining is just being hypocritical...and annoying. The tone you used was insulting, intentional or not...and that's how we who are out HERE took it; Americans and non-Americans alike.

And I've said this about ten million times; there are those of us who are out there defending your bloody RIGHT to live life the way you do, by being stationed out in places you couldn't even begin to comprehend--Afgan, Belgium, The Netherlands, Iceland, Africa, and about a hundred other places-- and doing our jobs. Is it too much to ask to not stay up until two in the morning defending territory while you're a-f*cking-sleep? A couple hours back would suffice; eleven or midnight even.

And why shouldn't the game be a little more friendly to those of us who are on the other side of the sea? After all, their money is worth far more than ours for the time being...and so long as the Euro is around and our economy partly belongs to China, that's the way it's going to stay. (As I am sad to report, I'll continue paying heavily from my pockets for rent alone because of this...)
    I won't even bother bringing up the "International" issue, since I know how you'll respond.

Annalyse's information only FURTHER proves that you shouldn't even be CONSIDERED on the ballot Deo. You were fine on the candidacy until you opened your mouth. If you are chosen, it can only mean that the staff has finally lost their minds and/or any/all consideration for its players. (Not that it hasn't already shown us signs of THAT.)

b:surrender Sorry Longknife. Nu votez for j00.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    1. Homosexuality is just wrong, why, what in the hell does it accomplish, burn them with lots of fire
    2. Not the point of this topic not meaning to derail it
    3. Yes I am a troll but, a professional one at that
    4. ???
    5. PROFIT!!!
    b:chuckle

So by your logic, having and loving a pet is just wrong. Because what does that accomplish? You can't have children with your dog, so what's the point? b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So by your logic, having and loving a pet is just wrong.

I want a love pet.... oh wait, that's not what you meant. b:chuckle

b:avoid
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I want a love pet.... oh wait, that's not what you meant. b:chuckle

b:avoid

Careful Mike, people might not think you're accomplishing anything....b:laugh
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My opinion.

Rawrgh - Will remain neutral on this candidate for obvious reasons.
    LovesTragedy - No.
    Deora - Absolutely not.
    Dsholder - No.
    Longknife - No.
    Grippielover - Yes, i'll admit not the best suited.
    Zoe - No.
    buttercupcruella - No.
    FuzzyWuzzy - Yes, again, not ideal.
    LifeHunting - No.
    Krisnda - YES. This would be my first choice.
    FaelinRain - No.
    Barber - No.
    Hanman5000 - No.
    LOKI_- Yes, with some reserves.
    Kiyoshi - Absolutely not.
    Dantell - No.
    Pressa - Yes.
    KrittyCat - No.
    PAYUPSUCKA - No.
    Nowitsawn - Yes.
    SerenityMare - Yes, with some reserves.
    Emmanueljr - No.
    Aesthor - Yes, with some reserves.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I can't read
    I've said it a bajillion times, its the people that ARE NOT in the US that complain about the game not being tailor made to them and their times, the people that understand that this game was made for the North American audience, don't give me that American abroad ****, I've traveled a lot as well...

You are playing a US based game on US based servers, you are lucky they even allow people that are not in the North American area to even access it.

*removed*
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Deora was trolling when she applied to be a mod, right? Right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Aww Frankie edited my post... I can't make a fair argument in my defense when they keep doing that b:cryb:cry
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Careful Mike, people might not think you're accomplishing anything....b:laugh

Who said that wouldn't be accomplishing anything? b:chuckle
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've said it a bajillion times, its the people that ARE NOT in the US that complain about the game not being tailor made to them and their times, the people that understand that this game was made for the North American audience, don't give me that American abroad ****, I've traveled a lot as well...

TRAVEL = / = Living
    Try again.

And I will continue to spell out the American Abroad '****' because you KNOW that it's true. You know if some European started talking **** about how we whined, we would punch in someone's face. The same applies here, but reversed. You were/are asking for it.

We're not asking for the whole d@mn game to be tailored to us--There's a Perfect World Europe for that. We're asking for a break. It would NOT kill you to put TW a few hours back so that those of us who have to stay up until two, three, or four in the morning don't have so much **** on their plates. That was the original complaint, and you've blown it out of proportion....and/or the people you hear whining need to reroll to PW-EU. It depends on the extent of the whining, tbh.

It's also the people that ARE NOT in the US that you pretty much pissed off--to include Americans. That's reason one why I dislike you. Reason two was provided via commentary beforehand. Rights to opinion: yes. But you're just being an a*shole.
    I'm sure if WE started telling people to burn straights at stake, it suddenly wouldn't be funny...it would be considered a threat, and people would retaliate to that just as we retaliate to your specific brand of nonsense.

So in a nutshell: No, you don't deserve to be a mod. I would rather have Yulk or Deamon_EA. I hope Frankie is actually reading this and understanding why.

NINJA EDIT:

@Mike--- Apparently Deora teh Xplorer
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options