Moderator Application Discussion Thread

Options
Michael_Dark - Lost City
Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Since the application thread is closed, can we discuss this now?

Rawrgh - I'll vote yes, but watch the attitude.
LovesTragedy - neutral
Deora - second thought.... no.
Dsholder - neutral
Longknife - no
Grippielover - no, no experience
Zoe - very NO
buttercupcruella - no opinion
FuzzyWuzzy - NO.
LifeHunting - NO.
Krisnda - neutral
FaelinRain - no, not experienced
Barber - yes, with verification of experience
Hanman5000 - no, haven't been here long enough
LOKI_- neutral
Kiyoshi - NO.
Dantell - no opinion xP
Pressa - neutral
KrittyCat - neutral
PAYUPSUCKA - neutral
Nowitsawn - neutral
SerenityMare - yes
Emmanueljr - no, haven't been here long enough
Aesthor - conditionally yes, but I would miss her great posting style xP

'neutral' or 'no opinion' genrally mean to me that they might make fine mods, I just don't have enough of an opinion to vote either yes or no.

I'm not posting my reasons for NO because I don't want to start a flame war. I do have very valid reasons why I post them.

Sorry to those I voted no on, nothing personal. :P

Please post your opinions too, keep it somewhat civil. b:bye
I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
Post edited by Michael_Dark - Lost City on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Longknife for president, ijs.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Longknife for president, ijs.

+1

Yulk for vice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    l
    Deora - yes, intelligent and experienced, maybe a bit too 'sharp' :P

My eyes will burn forever out of their sockets. Her posts make kittens die before they are my born. And my soul diminish into an eternal nothingness, leaving me an empty shell with no consciousness. No thanks. >_>
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Deora can be very abrasive. Then again, so can Rawrgh, Aethor and several other posters that applied for moderator. There's a very high chance that we're going to end up with somebody who could be very sharp.

I have to admit, in general I sort of agree with Michael. Some of the names I don't actually no so I won't pass any judgement, and a few of his "yes"s I would actually say no too, but other then that I can't really say I have huge disagreements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My eyes will burn forever out of their sockets. Her posts make kittens die before they are my born. And my soul diminish into an eternal nothingness, leaving me an empty shell with no consciousness. No thanks. >_>

I agree that she's sharp and can be abrasive. Her logic is spot-on.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't care much for anyone who applied, including myself. :p

The people who I would really have preferred already left.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Meh, just make everyone a mod. Would be a lot of fun. Chaotic kind of fun b:pleased

Just picture it:

A makes a new topic

B posts: Hi there!

C edits A's post to: Ima noob!

D posts: Hi noob

E deletes D's post, and moves topic to just any random forum

F locks topic and makes a new topic called A B C D and E are all noob mods.

A reopens his topic.

Then everything repeats itself again and again, until someone smart enough removes the topic completely.

Then you get all the alphabet making their own new topics to flame how noob of a mod each other is.

As a result, PWE wins: Everyone would forget about in-game problems b:chuckle
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol the fact that I'm not even on the list even though I applied does not bode well huh ;x

I think I agree with most of the nos and neutrals, and I think out of all the yes's that Aesthor would be the best choice. For the most part though I don't really care... I think anyone that took their application somewhat seriously and isn't a brand new poster has the potential to make a decent mod.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I was tempted to apply for only the Archer subforum.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't care much for anyone who applied, including myself. :p

Pretty much the same for me. I read through most of the applications and aside from the few that just won't cut it (and I agree with michael on those), I wouldn't mind seeing any of the other applicants as a mod.

In fact, I'm already happy that Frankie decided to do things like this. Just an application probably isn't enough though, so there will probably be a vote next (I think Frankie even said so, but I'm not sure on that).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll use your list, much easier this way. b:chuckle

Rawrgh - YES, he'd make the best mod.
    LovesTragedy - maybe
    Deora - yes, one of the best ones
    Dsholder - maybe
    Longknife - yes, of course
    Grippielover - maybe
    Zoe - no
    buttercupcruella - yes, usually very good posts
    FuzzyWuzzy - yes
    LifeHunting - no thank you
    Krisnda - maybe
    FaelinRain - maybe
    Barber - yes, experience is always a good thing
    Hanman5000 - maybe
    LOKI_- maybe
    Kiyoshi - maybe
    Dantell - yes
    Pressa - yes
    KrittyCat - not sure
    PAYUPSUCKA - not sure
    Nowitsawn - yes, 3rd best one of the list
    SerenityMare - yes
    Emmanueljr - maybe
    Aesthor - yes, one of the best ones

In general, we are going to get relatively good mods.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll make this simple, the reason why people won't want me as a mod is because I take the truth, the facts, and force feed them to people.

The fact that players are greedy as hell and want everything for nothing, the fact that the sellers are the ones that control the prices, not the buyers, the fact that most players don't know how to play, the fact that most players are whiny brats that refuse to learn how to play. (see the TT topic)

I take these simple truths, and tell it how it is. Another fact, people can't handle truth. They like to live in their own little world where they are god and never wrong.

Persona 4 puts it well: People only hear what they want to hear and only believe what they wish to believe. They ignore everything that doesn't give them exactly what they want, when they want it, and how they want it. They prefer the foggy world the main characters in this game were fighting against. Truth, is what they fear more than anything.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll make this simple, the reason why people won't want me as a mod is because I take the truth, the facts, and force feed them to people.

No, many times you take opinions and state them as fact, and many times your facts are just straight out wrong.

Truth, is what they fear more than anything.

lol. Nice try.

I don't mind people who are opinionated, and I certainly don't mind people who are abrasive. I just have issues with people whose logic is sometimes very flawed. :P
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

The fact that players are greedy as hell and want everything for nothing, the fact that the sellers are the ones that control the prices, not the buyers, the fact that most players don't know how to play, the fact that most players are whiny brats that refuse to learn how to play. (see the TT topic)

I take these simple truths, and tell it how it is. Another fact, people can't handle truth. They like to live in their own little world where they are god and never wrong.

Persona 4 puts it well: People only hear what they want to hear and only believe what they wish to believe. They ignore everything that doesn't give them exactly what they want, when they want it, and how they want it. They prefer the foggy world the main characters in this game were fighting against. Truth, is what they fear more than anything.

Lol, no. You are hypocritcal. You see the world only through your eyes and can't seem to grasp that you might (gasp) be wrong.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Heyah guys. Since I'm one of the people that applied, I wanted to say hi to all of ya. No false promises, no nothing. Just hope that most people will be pleased with the outcome of that whole thing; we all deserve it:)))

Wb Michael, hope ya rested and relaxed so you're rather fresh and without any major grudges.

Also, I like the structure of this thread, so don't make it a flame Zoe thing, cause You - Know - Who Shelly will lock it.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol@ people on the list being all humble like now.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Normally, if I'm trying to be "elected" to some post, I do my best to stay out of discussions relating to that post. However, I couldn't fail to notice that Zoe even said herself that she didn't care much for some of the group, including herself. Then she comes back and responds scathingly to other people that say they wouldn't necessarily pick her...

Guess what I'm trying to say is, be consistent. If you don't think you're the best option, don't fault others for saying the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

I would vote for you . Not because i think you would make a good mod hell you sound like an egotisic ***** , but i would vote for you because maybe you could kill of the game and forums once and for all b:chuckle
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    brent40 wrote: »

lol... would would i need to be humble. i'll still tell you off now as i would have before. i am not sure if anyone notice from my posts that i don't give a rat's *** about the current mods. and my app was 99% making fun of them... which probably puts my chance of becoming a mod somewhere between the chance of pwi removing packs all together and pwi resetting all player refines to +1 for **** and giggles.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    resetting all player refines to +1 for **** and giggles.

Don't give them ideas for next patch b:shocked
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fallghost - Raging Tide
    Fallghost - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Rawrgh - Yes
    LovesTragedy - I don't know
    Deora - Yes
    Dsholder - I don't know
    Longknife - Yes
    Grippielover - I don't know
    Zoe - I don't know
    buttercupcruella - I don't know
    FuzzyWuzzy - I don't know
    LifeHunting - No
    Krisnda - I don't know
    FaelinRain - I don't know
    Barber - I don't know
    Hanman5000 - I don't know
    LOKI_- I don't know
    Kiyoshi - I don't know
    Dantell - I don't know
    Pressa - I don't know
    KrittyCat - I don't know
    PAYUPSUCKA - I don't know
    Nowitsawn - Yes
    SerenityMare - Yes
    Emmanueljr - I don't know
    Aesthor - Yes

Too many people I don't know b:surrender [except Aesthor,SerenityMare,Nowitsawn,LOKI_,LifeHunting,Fuzzy_Wuzzy,buttercupcruella,Zoe,GrippieLuver,LongKnife,Rawrgh and Deora]

Edit: It seems to me that forums hate LongKnife since in my post he is here with "Longk nife" instead of LongKnife.
    I am a guy from Romania!

This kind of players are not very common,aren't they?b:chuckle
  • Sephirothxp - Heavens Tear
    Sephirothxp - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like how you "boost" up your chances of being mod Zoe.

A mood needs to care about the forum community, yet you first said you dont care wether you are picked or not. Then come up with a really bad explanation about why people wont vote for you.

All i do is fool around, and i have better chances of being mod than you.( if i applied) Have fun.

Now on topic.

I agree with Michael's list.
    Your envy feeds my ego b:thanks
    -Retired as of December 26th, 2009.

Originally Posted by Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    one can never satisfy everyone.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They can keep their modding jobs.

AlbireoTwo for Finance Minister!!!

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I vote Demon_EA for GM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't get what there is to discuss -- frankie is gonna pick who he and likely the admins want. In fact, I bet they don't even read this topic unless it's to lock/delete/move it. I don't see why this is such an important event that people need to vote on others unless it's just a lame popularity contest.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like some of the candidates here, and have nothing against them, but the person I would have liked to have seen apply most was considering applying, and she wanted to be considered the "traditional" way. Frankie, I think you know who she is, and I know this process is a compromise, but I sincerely hope you don't close yourself off to considering other viable candidates and options as well. Ultimately it's your decision frankie and I respect that, but I should hope people are still able to be considered the traditional way. I will explain my further reasonings to you in pm frankie as I don't want to de-rail the OPs thread.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Auranne - Sanctuary
    Auranne - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Anyone who has been permanently banned, with any character in game, or permanentaly banned under another name in the forums, should be eliminated as an applicant.
    Banned from game means you could not follow the rules in game.
    Banned from forums means you could not follow the rules in forums.
    You can't follow the rules but you want the job that makes you responsible for ensuring others do?

One applicant couldn't even bother to respectfully submit an application, but instead chose to post some flippant statement. That should be immediately disqualified.

Some of the applicants have repeatedly been insulting in their responses to posts but now want to be moderator. You cannot post in a respectful way as a mere forum user, yet you want to moderate how others post?

If it says "applications only", and the CM says again to keep it to "applications only" and that all other posts will be removed, those who applied after that was posted twice should be disqualified for either not being able to follow directions or disregard of the posting rules.

As many have stated, it would be beneficial to have forum mods for each forum, or at the very least each sub-section, and in different time zones. It's apparently not for lack of volunteers.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    None.

Player as moderator is a bad idea.

Hire independant people to do it.

And pay them for the job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    brent40 wrote: »

Why would I be humble? My ego is being fed and inflated.
    Anyone who has been permanently banned, with any character in game, or permanentaly banned under another name in the forums, should be eliminated as an applicant.
    Banned from game means you could not follow the rules in game.
    Banned from forums means you could not follow the rules in forums.
    You can't follow the rules but you want the job that makes you responsible for ensuring others do?

One applicant couldn't even bother to respectfully submit an application, but instead chose to post some flippant statement. That should be immediately disqualified.

Some of the applicants have repeatedly been insulting in their responses to posts but now want to be moderator. You cannot post in a respectful way as a mere forum user, yet you want to moderate how others post?

If it says "applications only", and the CM says again to keep it to "applications only" and that all other posts will be removed, those who applied after that was posted twice should be disqualified for either not being able to follow directions or disregard of the posting rules.

As many have stated, it would be beneficial to have forum mods for each forum, or at the very least each sub-section, and in different time zones. It's apparently not for lack of volunteers.

Why so serious? I see your point, but considering that the admins haven't been on the same page about bans and what's bannable, the history is more or less irrelevant. I don't just say that to make excuses for myself. Obviously I really think being banned before does not disqualify someone, as I personally applied for mod anyways myself.

+1 about having more mods though.

Anyways on a more serious note, Elena would make a good mod for the archer forums. I know that is one of her frequent haunts :P She can add more math!

And I refer to her as feminine because of roleplaying purposes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why would I be humble? My ego is being fed and inflated.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/9500/Got-Brains-9844.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]