Moderator Application Thread!

Comments

• FaelanRain - Raging Tide
    FaelanRain - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2010

As i have stated before in game I am always willing to lend a hand. I go by the name FaelanRain in the RT server. As any of my faction mates in moon call (which I lead) can tell you i am always available to help with any of the tasks that are asked of me. I am a certified insomniac and PWI has always been a wonderful outlet for this. I have played this game for 2 yrs and have gotten a few friends of my hooked on its beauty as well. I tend to be a lurker and do not usually say much because I am a rather quiet person. I do not usually post unless I do have something that i feel is deemed worthy of saying. I have mod two different forums under my hat. One of which I have been president of for over a year. In both of those forums I ran activities and events within them to help promote unity and a family environment. We dealt with our own meltdowns and even had a few members try and dis ban the forum. I am a very peaceful person and would love to make my talents available. I saw what happen within the last few weeks on this forum. I also am on EST so I could be a huge help based solely on my timezone. It would allow me to be on when others might not be. Also i feel that it would I could get to know each of you a little bit better. I am a very hard worker and while i know this would be a thankless position as frankie pointed out I want to help. That is my only reason for applying.

Yours respectfully.

Faelan

Beagan agus a ra go maith
    *translation*
    Say little but say it well.
    Beagan agus a ra go maith
    *translation*
    Say little but say it well.
  • chronicbuddha
    chronicbuddha Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    removed
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*

If you have any questions, PM them to FrankieRaye, this topic is for applications only.

-ChaoticShelly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*

Please PM Frankie if you have any concerns in regards to the applicants. Thanks b:thanks

-ChaoticShelly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*

Please PM Frankie if you have any concerns in regards to the applicants. Thanks b:thanks

-ChaoticShelly
    To the new mod ChaoticShelly b:thanks

I understand your reason having to remove the posts. But please keep in mind that alot of what pple are saying, especially if you know they are concerns, should be answered accordingly. Deleting cannot be helped, but adding a laughing bear smiley with it makes you wonder if this person is belittling you.

(i have purposely added a bear smiley at the top for you to get the feel of what i am trying to state, not tryin to be funny)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:thanks

I'm in no way mocking anyone, its a smiley that says "thanks". Laughing would be b:chuckle which I didn't use. Just wanted to clear this up. In any way, it is clearly stated that we will delete every post that isn't an application here, any concerns should be PMd to Frankie and he will update the first post accordingly.
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    welp, as someone who has moderated forums for Datel, Action Reply, MadCats, GameShark and even 123 CopyDVD among some other corporate boards, along with tons of other private forums and had to deal with massive **** attacks being posted by 30 people at once and having to clean and delete topics in forums and ban members for years...all i can say is I've seen so many posts with goatsie, tubgirl and lemon party that they dont even phase me when I see them anymore, I'm proud to say I've put my time in for being a forum moderator...I don't want it for myself, just hope the best for whoever would get it.

I just want to say i feel for the person that might get it and highly respect the position and with whoever it is that will get the spot and wish the very best in luck with it its a pain sometimes and not a very easy thing to do...some of your best friends will turn on you and think they can get away with murder and your worst enemies will sometimes back you up and get on your side :D

so again, to whoever gets it, good luck and when the job gets tough take a break and smoke a cig and get a drink for a few, then come back and deal with it, :p

Don't let someone that drives ya nuts, get to ya :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • hanman5000
    hanman5000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hello everyone,

We'll lets get started. Some of you know me as HanMan5000 from the 2Moons forums if you came here from 2Moons, for those of you who don't, I was a moderator for the Acclaim 2Moons forums, which was a popular MMORPG before it shutdown/was transferred.

The reason I'm posting here is because I would like to volunteer for moderator (shocker!). A few reasons why I would be a good applicant:

1. Fluent English, first language, good grammar.
    2. Many past moderator positions
    3. Could be very active, Central America timezone.
    4. Like to help people, honestly.
    5. Good people skills I guess? :P

A little more about myself, hmm. Gaming is one of my favorite hobbies, I love to make new friends (online to), and eh, like mentioned above I like to help people.

Please don't flame because I only have one post. I know an adequate amount of information about this game, and no this isn't my only account ;).

Wellp, thats enough for me. Thanks for reading!
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I go by Loki here on the forums and on harshland server where I lead a guild that stays out of the mass server polotics. I play for the fun of it and I look for the forums on a daily basis either looking for help or occasionaly answering to help others. I keep a sense of humor in my posting and try very hard not to spam (I fail sometimes lol)

I always tell the truth as I have seen it and occasionaly people don't believe me and I recieve flames from others for what I have said. To date I don't think I have flamed back on these forums.

I unfortunately have little experience in moderating forums. Just a helping hand on another gaming forum that I can not and will not mention openly here. I would like to be a mod because I believe I can keep my sense of humor and step in occasionaly when people take things a lil to far. Not deleting whole threads but individual posts and maintaining a peace in the community as a whole and keeping a light attitude in the discussions (that sounds easier said than probably done)

I have diplomacy skills in real life through my job, and I believe forum modding here would be an interesting challenge to take my real life experience and modify it to this gaming community.

Thank you b:thanks

And have a great dayb:bye

Lokib:pleased
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys,
    1. Post your application here, and only here (i.e. no new threads).

2. Explain why you want to be a mod, and why you would be a good mod.

I vote Kiyoshi as mod... and here are my reasons:

1. I actually played the game from beginning to finish. I mean come on... you guys have a 7x being a mod.. the guy haven't even experienced half of the game content yet. How could he mod a game forum... when he have no clue what half of the game is about. I, on the other hand... can actually contribute stuff cause I have either done it or done it many times.

2. I actually have gear/skills in the game. While I may not be the best geared or the most skilled player in the game. I have the gears and skills to hold my own against anything but the elite percentile of the population. And while people may not agree with my style of game play... no one will argue that I do not have knowledge of my classes. Oh... and I won't get one shotted by half of the population. Think about it... how much respect can one get when every other person can one shot him. I mean... isn't that why you guys have GM capes/weaps... so not to look like a complete non-factor.

3. People actually know who I am. Seriously guys... no one on the HT forum ever heard of the new mods before they became mods. And even after they become mods... I am still more popular then they are. There is about what... 3-4 guilds that dominated TW map on HT (at one point or another)... and I have been in two of them from their weakest point to their strongest point. Its the member of these TW guilds that post on the forums. And guess what... 90% of them either fought with me or against me in TW... or both. They know me enough to know what to expect of me. And that remaining 10% is just cannon fodder that no one even pays attention to.

4. I actually have BALLS. I am not going to run around deleting this or erasing that so the next guy that come along won't see the humiliation that is the forums. I have no problem getting in their face and smacking them around. Do you guys really want to have a sheep leading a pack of wolfs? Or would you rather have a guy with a gun that'll shoot any wolf that gets out of line.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, I guess I'll give it a try. XD

I'm applying because I would like to help around the comunity and make it work the way it used to some months ago. I also agree with the other posts that new mods should have knownledge of the game so they don't have to go relentlessly closing and/or deleting posts or threads.

I've been around these forums for the past 2 years already, you couldn't probably tell due the small amount of posts hehe but I can assure I'm active enough. :P

-Dante

p.s: Did I miss RedsRose app by any chance? b:surrender I kinda expected her to apply at some point, even after her quitting from forums topic. (no pun intended)
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:sleep Well then I can finally put my lot in the bucket I rather have been waiting for them to do this

Pressa for mod-

Whats my reasoning? I have played this game since a week after it exited beta I know most things to do with the game as a result (cept nirvana but thats just cause I haven't tried) but that doesn't really say why I make a good mod just a good judge of whats going on. I am very impartial and always strive to see the point for both sides good or bad. I have moderated other forums and catch on fast to things even if its not like a normal forum.

I have no issues moderating multiple sections so long as I don't have to moderate the entire thing that would be beyond me. The operation time could any time of day needed I check in quite a bit anyway. I also am pretty good at PR and answering questions is a passion of mine.

b:chuckle You might even remember me Frankie with that whole summon boss event and everything (:P also I totally told you they wouldn't respond if my words held no weight.)

Need anything else feel free to ask.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think I might as well throw my hat into the ring, too.

I feel that, though I know I don't have an amazing post count, I do have a relative knowledge of the forums themselves, and have been trying to be helpful when I do post. I also try to maintain a relative presence on the forums, posting when I feel like it can be useful, and just watching other topics. I think that some of the less watched areas could be moderated slightly better, such as the Suggestions and Technical Issues forums. They seem to go for a day or so before a Mod or GM finally makes an appearance, and by that time, the person has a)found their answer from a player (not so bad), or b)given up on getting an answer and quit the game (pretty bad, in my opinion). And yes, I have seen a couple of cases of the last one. Lastly, necro'ed threads are a HUGE issue here, and I think being a pretty big forum-hopper would help me in negating this problem. One more thing, I am on EST, EDT, or whatever it is here on the East Coast of the United States...So this means I would be on in the morning, when some of the questions are being posted in those forums. I'm just saying, people have been asking for different time-zones...

As for my credentials, I have been a helpful player when I have posted, and have kept all trolling/flaming to a minimum, if I have done it at all. Also, I have recently been made a Moderator on my faction's forums, and have done my best to organize that forum within the capabilities given to me by the administrator.

Thanks for your consideration!!

THE KrittyCat (not to be confused with the fishy character CrittyCat)

P.S.~And yes, I have been in the game longer than that fishy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I vote Kiyoshi PAYUPSUCKA as mod... and here are my reasons:

1. I actually played the game from beginning to finish. I mean come on... you guys have a 7x being a mod.. the guy haven't even experienced half of the game content yet. How could he mod a game forum... when he have no clue what half of the game is about. I, on the other hand... can actually contribute stuff cause I have either done it or done it many times.

2. I actually have gear/skills in the game. While I may not be the best geared or the most skilled player in the game. I have the gears and skills to hold my own against anything but the elite percentile of the population. And while people may not agree with my style of game play... no one will argue that I do not have knowledge of my classes. Oh... and I won't get one shotted by half of the population. Think about it... how much respect can one get when every other person can one shot him. I mean... isn't that why you guys have GM capes/weaps... so not to look like a complete non-factor.

3. People actually know who I am. Seriously guys... no one on the HT forum ever heard of the new mods before they became mods. And even after they become mods... I am still more popular then they are. There is about what... 3-4 guilds that dominated TW map on HT (at one point or another)... and I have been in two of them from their weakest point to their strongest point. Its the member of these TW guilds that post on the forums. And guess what... 90% of them either fought with me or against me in TW... or both. They know me enough to know what to expect of me. And that remaining 10% is just cannon fodder that no one even pays attention to.

4. I actually have BALLS. I am not going to run around deleting this or erasing that so the next guy that come along won't see the humiliation that is the forums. I have no problem getting in their face and smacking them around. Do you guys really want to have a sheep leading a pack of wolfs? Or would you rather have a guy with a gun that'll shoot any wolf that gets out of line.

ALL WRITTEN BY ME, THANK YOU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, I'm not posting this expecting anything but it would at least be a good way of finding out what people think of me. This isn't only directed at you, Frankie, but basically to anyone taking their time reading all this.

Explain why you want to be a mod.
    I honestly don't know. I've poked a lot fun of the game and forums and a few weeks ago I'd have burst out in tears laughing at the sole idea of becoming a mod.

I'm not going to get sentimental with you here, but I've had enough of it and it's time to get a bit more serious. And this is regardless of whether I become a mod or not.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not interested in the position to become the big sheriff in town that keeps tight order around here, in fact I don't think I'd even be able to do that. I wouldn't want to see a mod with that mindset myself either.

Basically what I want is that I can keep on doing my regular forum stuff while keeping an eye out for stuff that doesn't belong here. I'd want to keep posting and being a part the community instead of being known as 'that moderator guy that only locks threads'.

If that's possible while still doing a good job, I don't know. If I'd be selected as a mod however, that would be what I'll work towards.

Explain why you would be a good mod.

Just a small correction there; Explain why you think you would be a good mod.
    I don't like glorifying myself for whatever reason, simply because most people won't share your opinion about yourself.

That is why I'll just explain a few things about myself in a way that just shows what I do and how I roll. Whether I'm good for a moderator position or not is up for you to decide.

As a starter, I do care about what people think of me. I know being a moderator, especially on these forums, doesn't exactly come packed with fame and respect. However, not caring about how people think about you (the ''deal with it'' kind of attitude) is in my opinion still the wrong approach when you're supposed to assist a community.

As said in the first post in this thread, moderating is essentially a thankless job. You don't do it for gratitude, you don't do it for fame. But that doesn't mean you're any less of a person as soon as you take up the job.

I've rarely seen one of our former mods actually mix with the community, answer questions or taking part in discussions. I'm not sure why, maybe they didn't have time to do so. Maybe they were afraid of losing image when people disagree with them, I don't know

And I couldn't blame them if that were true, tripping over your own words is easy in here.
    That's not going to stop me though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, I'ma give it a shot as well. Although it is most likely that I won't get picked but I won't know until I try. :) I'm not gonna make this long but rather short and informative.

Reasons why you want to become a mod:

- I've started playing this game for a long while now and when I discovered the forums, I found it fun to answer some people's questions if I had the knowledge necessary and actually post in other threads stating my opinion on different issues. And since I started posting almost daily, I found myself feeling that it'd be a good opportunity (if I get chosen) for me to keep the forums organized.

- All it is really, is me wanting to be a helpful part of the forums, who would still be viewed as a person that just wants to help keep everything organized for everyone to still have some fun (fun against the rules is not intended though) on the forums.

Why you would be a good mod:

- I do believe that I've known these forums for quite a good while now. I'm certainly not the best choice of a mod as compared to others who have applied or not applied but would qualify for the position. But again, what I think would make a good mod is for the fact that I'm not looking for fame or bossing, just helping is the main reason and it's something I like to do if it makes people happy and satisfied. However, when it comes to managing threads and especially when they are in need of lock or deletion, I would do that and not just leave it so the OP won't be sad, of course I would provide explanation as to why the thread was locked or deleted, that's just an example and it's for the sake of the community to be organized.

That's all! Thanks for your time and reading this. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EmmanuelJr - Harshlands
    EmmanuelJr - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Okay, I guess i'll give it a try.

I want to be a mod because I like to keep things in check. I think I would be a great mod because I have moderated 2 big forums before and they were full of wild people, I had to edit post/delete post non-stop. I would also be a good mod because I am on the forums a lot and I can be on the forums for about 12 hours a day. I have a lot of free time on my hand as well.
    This is just a little extra information..I have a lot of experience in HTML,.PHP,CSS, and many other languages in designing sites, I actually helped build and moderate another forum which has currently 10,000 topics. I know moderating is a unpaid position but I still treat it as a job. I know I haven't posted much because I don't like to flame other people on there post and I just don't have much to post, if I need help on something or get bored I just search the forums until I find it.

Sincerely, Emmanuel.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Oh, what the hell.

I want to be a mod because... well, I've moderated on another forum that was about as active as this one, and I thought it was pretty fun. I like helping people, and I like keeping things in order. I also like this community quite a bit, even though others may not know me well, and I'd like to help make it better. I think I would make a good mod because I consider myself to be pretty fair and objective. I would treat everyone equally. I would also make myself available to others if they had any questions or objections about any actions I would take, instead of shutting them down immediately. I think, as a moderator, it would be important to listen to the community and work with them rather than quietly do my job in the background and ignore any criticism.

...that's all I got.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
This discussion has been closed.