Moderator Application Thread!

13»

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hello, most of the recent posters know me as Lenore - Harshlands. Well, this is my main.

Why I'd make a good mod:
    I have a lot of experience. I co-founded my first guild on a text-based MMO, which later become THE powerhouse faction in its time, a few years ago. As a text based MMO, most of the management was done over forums, and the adminship of said faction forums was my duty for a year before I started playing a real MMO. I've also had experience with either admin or mod positions in various public and private forums, including RP forums and game forums of private server games. Additionally I've been guild officer in a few guilds in other games (mm, I guess this one too, though not at the moment), which makes me very experienced with the dealing with...well, the mob.

I've been on the game for the two years of its existence. Admittedly I've taken a long break in between, but I still logged on weekly for TWs at the time, so I can't say I've missed too much in terms of game and forum happenings. Also, I actually play the game, and have experienced end game material.

tl;dr:
    -I have experience with dealing with the forum mobs
    -I play the game
    -I know when to exercise my authority and when to participate as a member

Why I'd make a bad mod:
    Because hey, I know some of you don't like me, so I'll go ahead and post this in advance.

I can get pretty cheeky. I am fond of calling myself a troll, though it is my belief I don't fit the true definition of being a troll. I can be quite aggressive with my word choice and uncompromising about certain threads and their topics. Contrary to popular belief it is not impossible to convince me that I am wrong, but rest assured that it is quite hard to do so.

And of course, as a university student I cannot be patrolling the forums 24/7. I am actually often online at unusual hours, but I cannot guarantee your fresh necro will be locked the moment it appears. I am however associated with a few lurkers and trolls who would be happy to inform me of where I can stir the pot--I mean, lock the topic.

tl;dr:
    -I speak my mind, usually about stuff I find...ridiculous
    -I might be busy sometimes
    -Some of you don't like me (archers have attitude problems sometimes :3)

Why I want to be mod:
    Well I am not going to fill this part with bull about how much I want to help people. The real reason is I'm not quite satisfied with the way things are being run and the most reasonable way to fix that is to try it myself. Let's face it, just complaining about it hardly solves the problem. Actions speak louder than words. If you want things to change, do something about it instead of sit there and complain waiting for others to make it better for you.

Happy flaming,
    Aes

I know some of you think this app is a joke. The answer is "=)"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    And with that, the application period is officially closed!

Thanks for all the applications, and please stay tuned for further instructions!

b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.