Blade pure BM

Options
Zindane__ - Sanctuary
Zindane__ - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Blademaster
ok so i get joked alot and **** for being a blade pure when i'm an exclusive pve player. yes fist and claws are the major craze with the 5.0 build and what not. but as a blade pure i could still reach a decent APS seeing as blades and swords are 1.11, not including the FCC gold blade has quicken effect. and with the tt90 gold blade i could still have sacrificial strike effect which doubles my hit (when it takes effect). so i find it rediculous people find a blade pure build something of a joke. not to mention as a blade pure i can focus on exclusively being a DD build which in the long run helps me out considering that a good dd blade build can dish out more dmg per attack then any other melee class. and if i go all -int gear i would still have a respectively good APS.

so, can i get anyone's views on why they find a blade pure dd bm such a joke considering no class has been able to ks me thus far (within lvl range ofcourse)
Post edited by Zindane__ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ok so i get joked alot and **** for being a blade pure when i'm an exclusive pve player. yes fist and claws are the major craze with the 5.0 build and what not. but as a blade pure i could still reach a decent APS seeing as blades and swords are 1.11, not including the FCC gold blade has quicken effect. and with the tt90 gold blade i could still have sacrificial strike effect which doubles my hit (when it takes effect). so i find it rediculous people find a blade pure build something of a joke. not to mention as a blade pure i can focus on exclusively being a DD build which in the long run helps me out considering that a good dd blade build can't even dish out more dmg per attack than a sin. and if i go all -int gear i would still have a lot less APS/DPS than fist/claw.

so, can i get anyone's views on why they find a blade pure dd bm such a joke considering no class has been able to ks me thus far (within lvl range ofcourse)

two words words: heavens flame

your squad does more damage than you ever could do so get some damn axes and be more helpful in frost
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    People don't like Sword BMs simply because they don't excel at any particular thing for PvP or PvE. They don't have the highest spike damage or AoEs that axes do, and they don't have the quickest attack rate that fists do.

The max attack rate is like 2.22 for sword which doesn't give permanent spark because of slower chi build up, and zerk.

They are pretty much a 1v1 type class, much like fists and don't have as much spike damage as axes/poles. Their 59 ultimate doesn't do much in terms of being a support class in dealing damage, more like support tank.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah, u can only reach 2.22 with demon spark, since there is no single blade with -int.

But only good things about sword i believe is that Myriad is the hardest hitting skill besides Flash. And reducing damage by 50% is.. rather nice.

I once went on fcc with pure sword bm, *sigh*

In conclusion, get to my level and out DD me. Next level with Cloud Eruption, I can hit 11k(22kcrit) per hit at 2.0 for 6 seconds.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah, u can only reach 2.22 with demon spark, since there is no single blade with -int.

But only good things about sword i believe is that Myriad is the hardest hitting skill besides Flash. And reducing damage by 50% is.. rather nice.

In conclusion, get to my level and out DD me. Next level with Cloud Eruption, I can hit 11k(22kcrit) per hit at 2.0 for 6 seconds.

I'm personally a fan of blades tbh. their definatly 1v1 with no spike yes but great base. Personally 4 wep bm to my forte. axes for frost, normal single blade for most parties. only time i put on fists is if i really want to kill thing quicker cause tbh. I'm a freaking DD i don't get high selection on TT mats and fist repair for a long TT is just killer when you get **** mats. I got a 83 cleric and she can heal like 10 full 2-3's for the same price my bm can fist attack through 2. and really 1.11 speed on blade and no -int the dps is under fist but not by much if you keep your mastries up to lvl. and i can still HF on cooldown + blades just look cooler. polearms are nice but i can't really say anything on those seeing as i haven't used them to often *blade mastry 8, pole 1 lol all of the skills in both trees are 1's as well which I'll fix once i max all axe skills seeing as I'll be AoE grinding alot which other then HF and frost, and maby the occasional rb is the only real time i use axes lol)

edit: all in all don't lvl relentless courage it's **** tbh. i'm assuming that's where ur 11k 2.0 aps is getting. as for the no swords with -int. roll some OHT blades you can roll a -.05 int on them last time i looked. axes were the only ones with -.1 int rollable OHT.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Well to be honest you can actually get them if you are lucky enough, theoretically. The OHT blades (93/95/100) can get -interval if you are really lucky.
  • Zindane__ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    fcc gold blade with quicken. then -int end game gear included. not to mention i've had a previous account that got banned back in november. lvl 85 blade bm also with FCC gold dual swords. myriad crits of 60k's. plus not to mention atmos strike for a high damage non spark skill. then also the strongest bm move flash at 100. not to mention for damage amp, extreme poison AND tangle mire? dmg amp covered there. maxed myriad reducing enemy dmg by 50% for a decent ammount of time over a what, 5 second 100% dmg amp? simple fact as i see it is blade bm (with a build done right) can cover any dmg the other weapon tree's do. axes the only thing i see good is the stun locks. as for FCC axes are only really decent when the heads come up. and yes my 85 original did FCC frequently and yes i could tank the bosses. lvl 72 and over 10k phys def already with bell and cleric buffs. elemental def from acessories. and for now citrines in my armor. also, i know i'm gonna get flamed for my reasons and for what i've done first hand. heres the fact i have seen. axes are good for stun locks, fist.... nirvana is the only thing i can see, poles....... i guess ranged? blades have the highest constitant dmg for the lvl. and yes highest consitant. fist is always withing a small range but unless their refined high they dont surpass a blade in dmg. axes spike then hit rediculously low. i've tried all them on a pserver before with end game gear. so, -waits for more flames from the veno in LC-
  • Zindane__ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    and i'm not ignoring and attacking the cunstructive notes given by some, i'm responding to those who sit there and attack the blade build. at lvl 72, i'm hitting average 2-2.2k on mobs in TT (been mat farming) and thats without spark+, my myriad (maxed for my lvl) crit between 16-17k from what i seen thus far. and this is all at lvl 72 with a decent blade (warrior blade +3 and 1 flawless garnet) now, add 13 levels, a +5 fcc gold dual sword with a garnet gem, and depending if i add 13 lvls of str to my already 271 str or i add some to vit, and think about what the damage differance would be from there. simple fact archsaber, until you try a build first hand dont get over confident, especially if your a LA fist bm.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    and i'm not ignoring and attacking the cunstructive notes given by some, i'm responding to those who sit there and attack the blade build. at lvl 72, i'm hitting average 2-2.2k on mobs in TT (been mat farming) and thats without spark+, my myriad (maxed for my lvl) crit between 16-17k from what i seen thus far. and this is all at lvl 72 with a decent blade (warrior blade +3 and 1 flawless garnet) now, add 13 levels, a +5 fcc gold dual sword with a garnet gem, and depending if i add 13 lvls of str to my already 271 str or i add some to vit, and think about what the damage differance would be from there. simple fact archsaber, until you try a build first hand dont get over confident, especially if your a LA fist bm.

ah yulk remains in spirit
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    . . .
    You're doing it wrong.

Anyways, I saw a -int gold oht single sword in AH the other day but it was Like 10m =_=

On other notes, I like my zerk sword for wizards in pvp. spirit chaser when they kite and myriad can kill quite a few if i get them to just above half health for a charm bypass.

PvE I only use it for Myriad or Atmos to knock a mob away from a group.

I was pure sword until late 7x, then went sword fist. Now, I use all four weapons and have the skills for all four at least level 10.

@ The person that said Relentles Courage is a joke, idk what that was in regards to but with my str genie it increases my atk speed 30%. Hell Spark only does 25.

That all I'm going to say about what's been posted in this thread.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    First off, quicken overwrites demon spark, if I'm not mistaken. You'd actually lose attack speed if you were sparked and it proc'd on you.

Secondly, you're gonna get every piece of -interval? Meaning the 200m tome and the 200m nirvana pants and full TT99 armor and then get to 2.2 attack speed instead of 5 (you'd have 5 even without the tome)? You realize, pure numbers, that hitting half as fast means you're doing half the damage per second, right? You're willingly doing HALF as much damage as you could be doing.

Nobody cares how much damage you're doing in the 70s. 2-2.2k is completely insignificant in terms of percentage changes. When you get to 100 and you're permasparked doing 15-17k per hit and 30-34k per crit at five per second and your crit rate is above 20% so it's statistically at least one crit per second and someone uses HF or a veno amps or someone uses tangling mire or extreme poison or both.... You get the idea. We're talking about a much more significant increase in damage with the attack speed increase.

But experience says it all. Wait until you hit 100 and you see all the BMs around you NOT being worthless, telling you how they can duo a TT or a nirvana in under an hour while you struggle to finish it in two. Nobody can tell you what to do - we can just tell you what we've done and why, and if you want to make the same stupid decision after being informed, that's your funeral.
    :3
  • Zindane__ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well back in november i coudl 1 shot most flawless citrined mages with myriad hitting around 5-6k. i know once i get back to 85 and try that again it'd be abit more challenging but maxed spirit chaser would make up for the dramatic increase of immac or higher citrines
  • Zindane__ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    heres the thing tho, i DONT plan on going full int gear. lol i'll be fine with a few -int gear like the nirvana pants, the tt99 bracers and the simple stuff like that if i get a scroll of tome i'll sooner get the 45 vit or str tome over love up and down. see everyone focuses on the 5.0 aspect of it. you can attack as fast as you want, but it doesnt matter if your dead before the damage can add up. as i've said, i've experimented with pservers for the other tree's and i've had more success with blade then any others with end game equivelent gear
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well to be honest you can actually get them if you are lucky enough, theoretically. The OHT blades (93/95/100) can get -interval if you are really lucky.

Harpy swords have =int.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    heres the thing tho, i DONT plan on going full int gear. lol i'll be fine with a few -int gear like the nirvana pants, the tt99 bracers and the simple stuff like that if i get a scroll of tome i'll sooner get the 45 vit or str tome over love up and down. see everyone focuses on the 5.0 aspect of it. you can attack as fast as you want, but it doesnt matter if your dead before the damage can add up. as i've said, i've experimented with pservers for the other tree's and i've had more success with blade then any others with end game equivelent gear

if you restat with tome love up and down you can get almost the saeme str or vit but with +1% critical and -.05

oh and way to list off the 2 most pricy items of int as what you'll get

blade bm's are smarts
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • _Grim_Reaper - Harshlands
    _Grim_Reaper - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

pvp wise sure, go blade if you are skilled with blade pvp no one will care what path you are BUT for pve wise blade is worse than axe, without the hf of axe or the dps of fist, NO squad will take you on ANY instances. If you are talking about survivability for pve, its non existent, end game instances like nirvana can be tanked by a fist bm with 6k hp unbuffed or less, as for hard to tank bosses like hh 3-3 genie or emperor, any addition vit you stat will not change anything.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Harpy swords have =int.

And they are ****, go away non-factor.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I saw refined Lunar double blades for 25m once. Those suck though.

If you wanna see a pro pure blade BM, talk to riosl.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Pure sword is pure fail.

Where is your HF? Where are your constant AOE's? Where is your DPS? Let's point out the more useful squads you'd be passed up on most:

1. RB. There is no way in **** any squad that doesn't have an intent on failing would take a pure sword BM into rebirth delta. You must use axes/poleblade here. Your only use for swords would be the bosses, and you still wanna HF.

2. Nirvana. A 3.33 fist (which is very easy to get) will be taken before you are. In all likelihood, they also have axes as well and can HF, versus the useless sword BM who's only real benefit would be, maxed, 2 APS and reducing dmg a tank takes. Big deal.

3. FF. Pulling groups of mobs in the low 80s are already going to be a pain. Having a crappy sword BM who can pull off one maybe two AOE's might be enough for the first few pulls but when you get past Runewolf, the needed AOE's for groups become more necessary to be constant so the BM can possibly share aggro with the barb, opposed to any squishy / magic AOE class insta-pulling groups of mobs and dying -- easy magic caster partywipe material. Being a sword BM here sure makes it easy on the BM to single target hit mobs but isn't beneficial to a squad in the slightest bit.

So to reiterate, the only reason one might take you over some other BM build would be if they want your MSS for some particularly hard hitting boss. Other than that? Fist and axe will be taken way before a sword. PVP is your only hope, but since you're on a PVE server, pure sword is pure ****. Though, you seem way too defensive about rightful criticism of your build so my advice is continue being pure sword and find out for yourself. Make sure to post the results.
  • Zindane__ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    and as previously stated, i HAVE done full sucessful FCC runs befor eon my original who was an 85 blade pure bm, FCC runs are a piece of cake, only time aoe's are decent is the heads as far as i see.
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    and as previously stated, i HAVE done full sucessful FCC runs befor eon my original who was an 85 blade pure bm, FCC runs are a piece of cake, only time aoe's are decent is the heads as far as i see.

Wow. Just wow. You know, I don't really call it a "successful run" when it takes you five hours because you kill all the mobs one by one, especially with an inferior DPS weapon.

Almost everything you've posted in this thread has been just completely wrong or awful on so many levels that it almost seems like you're trolling - it's hard to believe anyone could be this bad at the game, but then I remember that there are a few who are just as bad legitimately. You poor thing.
    :3
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    Fist_Mama - Harshlands Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

how did you kill the mobs u only have 3 aoes which u cant spam back to back
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    fcc gold blade with quicken. then -int end game gear included. not to mention i've had a previous account that got banned back in november. lvl 85 blade bm also with FCC gold dual swords. myriad crits of 60k's. plus not to mention atmos strike for a high damage non spark skill. then also the strongest bm move flash at 100. not to mention for damage amp, extreme poison AND tangle mire? dmg amp covered there. maxed myriad reducing enemy dmg by 50% for a decent ammount of time over a what, 5 second 100% dmg amp? simple fact as i see it is blade bm (with a build done right) can cover any dmg the other weapon tree's do. axes the only thing i see good is the stun locks. as for FCC axes are only really decent when the heads come up. and yes my 85 original did FCC frequently and yes i could tank the bosses. lvl 72 and over 10k phys def already with bell and cleric buffs. elemental def from acessories. and for now citrines in my armor. also, i know i'm gonna get flamed for my reasons and for what i've done first hand. heres the fact i have seen. axes are good for stun locks, fist.... nirvana is the only thing i can see, poles....... i guess ranged? blades have the highest constitant dmg for the lvl. and yes highest consitant. fist is always withing a small range but unless their refined high they dont surpass a blade in dmg. axes spike then hit rediculously low. i've tried all them on a pserver before with end game gear. so, -waits for more flames from the veno in LC-

get 24 coins fist from black smith use cyclone heel and that will be the same speed as quicken instead of relying on chance for it to activate.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I saw refined Lunar double blades for 25m once. Those suck though.

If you wanna see a pro pure blade BM, talk to riosl.

this^

Riosol on Sanctuary is a pure Sword level 99 BM, I am level 84 Hyrbid BM. It Took Riosol 9 times to beat a level 100 venomancer who uses Bramble Hood. It took me 2. Proof enough for you?
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    edit: all in all don't lvl relentless courage it's **** tbh. i'm assuming that's where ur 11k 2.0 aps is getting. as for the no swords with -int. roll some OHT blades you can roll a -.05 int on them last time i looked. axes were the only ones with -.1 int rollable OHT.

Double Spark with GV cylone canceled is 2.0 with physical attack proc + heavens flame is probably more 11k. And ya relentless courage is **** after they nefred genie skills a long time ago.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So true, AOE's are so overrate in FF. Most people don't use AOE's when pulling groups of mobs -- magic mobs before shocktrooper, phys mobs before Dreadindra, phys mobs before and after Runewolf before Messenger of Fear, the room before the big room (shade room), the big room itself, dragoons after the nix boss, the groups of mobs near the dragoons after the nix boss. Yep, the only time AOE's are decent, as you put it, is when you're playing whack-a-mole on heads. b:laugh
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Its been my experience here that mentioning in pure build of any kind is like claiming to be the anti christ on these forums. Everyone is ready to crucify you at the first mention of something other than the set in stone exact method that they all play.

Like someone else said here... Post the results later on for us good or bad or any critiqueing that you may do.

There may not be an abosolute answer or guide on how or what to do with pure blade build because nobody has tried it.... And if nobody has truely tried it and done it successfully then nobody has a right to tell you not to do it.

From my experience... The first time I played this game almost every bm was a pure axe build.

I come to pwi and see other builds and mix and match builds (something that was a shock to me that took me awhile to wrap my head around).... Its just different playstyles across different servers and regions
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Let me do a conclusion herez

sword for dps : go try fist/claw with interval gears after lv95 k done

before lv95 axe/spear : since you don't have insane interval to be the main DD in party, axe for dragon/spear for ice to support you party.

Solo aoe, axe aoe enough k done. sword useless once again.

Push away mobs. ok why sword? I use spear and push away mobs b:victory
    spear more dmg and longer range to push away the mobs you want.

some people say sword ulti do so much dmg...ok you are a BM..your role is to stun and debuff people...dmg when you get interval gears and decent fist/claw in a controlled situation with stun lock...
    if you use 2spark to sword ulti..maybe use that chi to do something else ....that sword ulti is for BMs in TW to protect the cata pullers when they are in danger or in instance which the boss is really strong or your pt in trouble..which is really rare..except a few boss

so..sword is pretty much USELESSb:bye

A bm with good stun lock doesn't matter what weapon you use. In order to get one more stun skill, axe need to kick in. Roar of the pride, drake bash, aeolian blade and genie skills are the skills a great BM should get good timing with.o dragon/ice tooo and glitch buffz

have fun and enjoy BMsb:angry
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this^

Riosol on Sanctuary is a pure Sword level 99 BM, I am level 84 Hyrbid BM. It Took Riosol 9 times to beat a level 100 venomancer who uses Bramble Hood. It took me 2. Proof enough for you?

He almost won 2nd in a PvP fight, Lunar +6 sword and TT90 +3 flawless p. def shards vs. Neon Purgatory +10.

Not to mention he killed one BM with full TT99 armor +5 and TT100 fist +7 in PvP.

I still laugh at him, he QQs so much when he dies.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Its been my experience here that mentioning in pure build of any kind is like claiming to be the anti christ on these forums. Everyone is ready to crucify you at the first mention of something other than the set in stone exact method that they all play.

Like someone else said here... Post the results later on for us good or bad or any critiqueing that you may do.

There may not be an abosolute answer or guide on how or what to do with pure blade build because nobody has tried it.... And if nobody has truely tried it and done it successfully then nobody has a right to tell you not to do it.

From my experience... The first time I played this game almost every bm was a pure axe build.

I come to pwi and see other builds and mix and match builds (something that was a shock to me that took me awhile to wrap my head around).... Its just different playstyles across different servers and regions
    This is why you don't play to be like everyone else, in fact, everyone else shouldn't even be in the equation. You simply consider the rationality of your class and your goals, and if they logically fit into place, particularly in a squad which most endgame things are centered around. It's completely asinine to play something merely because it's different, and it's more helpful to be up front and honest and inform someone their build is useless for a squad in many situations, than give them a PC Police thumbsup just for being different with a fail notion that all weapons and builds are created equal, when they aren't.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This is why you don't play to be like everyone else, in fact, everyone else shouldn't even be in the equation. You simply consider the rationality of your class and your goals, and if they logically fit into place, particularly in a squad which most endgame things are centered around. It's completely asinine to play something merely because it's different, and it's more helpful to be up front and honest and inform someone their build is useless for a squad in many situations, than give them a PC Police thumbsup just for being different with a fail notion that all weapons and builds are created equal, when they aren't.

The very first part of that was what I was getting at. Don't play to be like everyone else.

I have 2 pure blade bm's in my guild... Even I slipped up trying to tell them that blades were bad... Hey if thats what they want then fine I'll help them lvl.... and now they are at my lvl... One of them hits like a mac truck and can take some serious dmg. while the other is a lil squishy.

Now the strong one is mixing his stuff up to pick up axes and fists are gonna be a gimme.

While on the other side I did pure axes and am just now mixing my stuff to pick up swords. If I did my math right I should come out with 150 dex by endgame and the highest tt sword was 145 dex (if I remember that correctly)