Blade pure BM

Options

Comments

• Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you want to be a pure sword bm,then do it, nobody here is stopping you. 99% of bm's go fist/axe end game and they will side with it because thats what they do. I am a pure axe bm and I have as much DPS as a bm with 3.33 APS and +6 Decides.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I am a pure axe bm and I have as much DPS as a bm with 3.33 APS and +6 Decides.

*waits for a response from someone who has done the math*
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *waits for a response from someone who has done the math*

Or we can just kick him in the nuts.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options

And put that comment to my sig? b:chuckle

Would be pretty awesome though.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He almost won 2nd in a PvP fight, Lunar +6 sword and TT90 +3 flawless p. def shards vs. Neon Purgatory +10.

Not to mention he killed one BM with full TT99 armor +5 and TT100 fist +7 in PvP.

I still laugh at him, he QQs so much when he dies.

Lets end this, pure sword bms are underpowered. But most fistys now a days are cash shoppers who have no brain.

and he only did good against +10 neon is cuz he spams TE.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • BurningShock - Harshlands
    BurningShock - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And put that comment to my sig? b:chuckle

Would be pretty awesome though.

Dibs. b:pleased
    Infliction - Raging Tide: 99% of bm's go fist/axe end game and they will side with it because thats what they do. I am a pure axe bm and I have as much DPS as a bm with 3.33 APS and +6 Decides.

Kupuntu - Sanctuary: *waits for a response from someone who has done the math*

Okeano - Harshlands: Or we can just kick him in the nuts
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Haha it works nicely. Although... it would be fine with just his comment but whatever.
  • Arettarts - Raging Tide
    Arettarts - Raging Tide Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lets end this, pure sword bms are underpowered. But most fistys now a days are cash shoppers who have no brain.

and he only did good against +10 neon is cuz he spams TE.

Thankfully you didn't say ALL fisties. I would have been sad. TwT
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

can we just snicker quietly and then tar and feather it?b:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • LXianghual - Heavens Tear
    LXianghual - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I am a pure axe bm and I have as much DPS as a bm with 3.33 APS and +6 Decides.

Thanks for the laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh.

Stupid bm is stupid.
  • LXianghual - Heavens Tear
    LXianghual - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He might be, but still, not a very nice thing to say. He may just be joking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
  • Riosl - Sanctuary
    Riosl - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As a sword bm I have defeated hundreds with just some normal blade attacks my skills kill and make you not stand still. Anyway if you learn how to use swords properly you can be a 3.0 sword bm and easily kill 5.0 apps.
  • Riosl - Sanctuary
    Riosl - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well haters let me assure you none of you can stand to the power of my sword and if you want a match for me to make it clear to you noobs come to west gate I will be waiting.!!!
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You know, I think it's because Sword BMs are so underpowered that the new Seeker class exists.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *waiting for Josh and Arch get here*

b:chuckle
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well haters let me assure you none of you can stand to the power of my sword and if you want a match for me to make it clear to you noobs come to west gate I will be waiting.!!!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=939792

forgot to mention that the gear is all unsharded
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *waiting for Josh and Arch get here*

b:chuckle

To bad i can't. My computer has a worm that makes my computer restart over and over once it gets to the loading bar. Ever had this? Need to know how to fix QQ

Anyways...
    1. Riosl should have taken ELL in elementary.
    2. He doesn't realize that the maximum attack speed you can get with a sword is 2.86 and you would have to be demon for that.(well if you have relentless courage you can, but his genie has the weirdest skills for a BM lol) But he thinks Sage is better. Also he doesn't realize 5.0 with fists still out damage 2.86 with sword lolz.
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sword BM here. Maybe it's because I don't treat an MMO like this as SERIOUS BUSINESS, but I don't see what the big deal is. I don't PvP, and I'll probably only squad with my faction mates and friends at higher/relevant levels, so I guess it don't effect me much, but I don't think there should be hostility about this subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sword BM here. Maybe it's because I don't treat an MMO like this as SERIOUS BUSINESS, but I don't see what the big deal is. I don't PvP, and I'll probably only squad with my faction mates and friends at higher/relevant levels, so I guess it don't effect me much, but I don't think there should be hostility about this subject.

Well the main event in higher levels is Frostcovered City. When you try going in that dungeon using only sword, you will find out why every says it is underpowered.
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well the main event in higher levels is Frostcovered City. When you try going in that dungeon using only sword, you will find out why every says it is underpowered.
    Ah... I guess I'll find out at 75+ then. Right now though, I'm liking my sword BM.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ah... I guess I'll find out at 75+ then. Right now though, I'm liking my sword BM.b:surrender

<~ the director of sanctuarys srsbsnss
  • Maximus_Fury - Sanctuary
    Maximus_Fury - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Bottom line is...

It comes down to $$, everytime. Are you willing to spend $700+ on your BM to get the best interval/gear? There are various methods of getting the funds. Do you want to just say, "**** it." and cough up the dough? Grind the midnight oil (for centuries)? Set aside $20 a week (over 30 weeks)? And I'm sure there are much more clever ways. But I believe, without a doubt, that the only reason every BM is not a Axe/Fist BM is due to $$.

It reminds me of High School, the "kids" snickering and bantering at the others who don't have the latest fashions or style. "OMG, you're a BLADE BM?! What a loser!" Have fun with your game. I believe the best game environment in PWI is a trustworthy faction made of good friends who can squad together and succeed. As long as you can succeed your build does not matter so much.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Bottom line is...

It comes down to $$, everytime. Are you willing to spend $700+ on your BM to get the best interval/gear? There are various methods of getting the funds. Do you want to just say, "**** it." and cough up the dough? Grind the midnight oil (for centuries)? Set aside $20 a week (over 30 weeks)? And I'm sure there are much more clever ways. But I believe, without a doubt, that the only reason every BM is not a Axe/Fist BM is due to $$.

It reminds me of High School, the "kids" snickering and bantering at the others who don't have the latest fashions or style. "OMG, you're a BLADE BM?! What a loser!" Have fun with your game. I believe the best game environment in PWI is a trustworthy faction made of good friends who can squad together and succeed. As long as you can succeed your build does not matter so much.

<~ f2p bm 50 mill away from 5 aps takes about a year of farming

and on the high school analogy, its more like going into PE and joining the football game as 98 lb asthmatic with you hands coverd in oil

you...willl...be...picked...last
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Bottom line is...

No, actually the majority of the game have no issue with a BM who can't afford high interval axe/fists. But the issue is a lot of pure sword/pole/axe BM's refuse to use other weapons entirely because they "like their weapon" or "want to play their way". Axes are about 200-500k for cala's that will last you well into 9x.

High school analogy for that is being a capable sports player, walking into a ball game, and declaring you only like to play with your weak foot and both hands tied behind your back... then asking to be added to a team.
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No, actually the majority of the game have no issue with a BM who can't afford high interval axe/fists. But the issue is a lot of pure sword/pole/axe BM's refuse to use other weapons entirely because they "like their weapon" or "want to play their way". Axes are about 200-500k for cala's that will last you well into 9x.
    Sadly, I have 6 BMs, and have an OCD-fueled desire to restrict each of them to one type of weapon. And unfortunately for me, one of the 2 of my sword BMs is my favorite right now. b:surrender

But I can always level on field monsters, right?

...right?b:sad
    High school analogy for that is being a capable sports player, walking into a ball game, and declaring you only like to play with your weak foot and both hands tied behind your back... then asking to be added to a team.
    I lol'd b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morridune
    morridune Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like this thread, i've bn using swords as my main through out the game and im now lvl97 its good to see nt all ppl think they aint worth it. I've had little trouble i get decent aps, can spark often with the right genie and as for those who say we cant spike like an axe bm, its rly nt that hard to hot key for HF and switch bk to kill with swords or do same with the extra stun for pvp. I simply dont get all the ppl who troll the min they see a sword, its how u play nt what u play with that determins if your fail or not, hell i've seen pleanty of 5aps sins/BM's and archers who are useless DD's as they sacrifice their stats and deff's to get their "holy 5aps" then pull aggro and are 1 shot by the boss. so who rly does the betr DD? guy on the floor QQin that the cleric didnt keep his squishy butt up, or the guy who's bn there from start to fin hitting the boss?

I now also use fists on occasion and have axe's for the stun and hf, bt im nt desperate to get the 5aps that seems to consume a lot of ppl, don't get me wrong if that's how some want to play its their choice and if they are willing to pay the rl money or spend the time to get the gear u need to back it up the fair play to em. All i ask is that ppl are a little more willing to see if some1 can do the job b4 the trollin starts the main skill we have as i see it is the AoE stun as their are tbh plenty other ways to amp dam and with the power of some of the weapons readily available now even thats nt always needed everythin else is bonus and it be nice if we could get more focused on letting everyone enjoy playing rather than obsessing over what other ppl are gearing their toons with and if u agree with it or not.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    morridune wrote: »
    I like this thread, i've bn using swords as my main through out the game and im now lvl97 its good to see nt all ppl think they aint worth it. I've had little trouble i get decent aps, can spark often with the right genie and as for those who say we cant spike like an axe bm, its rly nt that hard to hot key for HF and switch bk to kill with swords or do same with the extra stun for pvp. I simply dont get all the ppl who troll the min they see a sword, its how u play nt what u play with that determins if your fail or not, hell i've seen pleanty of 5aps sins/BM's and archers who are useless DD's as they sacrifice their stats and deff's to get their "holy 5aps" then pull aggro and are 1 shot by the boss. so who rly does the betr DD? guy on the floor QQin that the cleric didnt keep his squishy butt up, or the guy who's bn there from start to fin hitting the boss?

I now also use fists on occasion and have axe's for the stun and hf, bt im nt desperate to get the 5aps that seems to consume a lot of ppl, don't get me wrong if that's how some want to play its their choice and if they are willing to pay the rl money or spend the time to get the gear u need to back it up the fair play to em. All i ask is that ppl are a little more willing to see if some1 can do the job b4 the trollin starts the main skill we have as i see it is the AoE stun as their are tbh plenty other ways to amp dam and with the power of some of the weapons readily available now even thats nt always needed everythin else is bonus and it be nice if we could get more focused on letting everyone enjoy playing rather than obsessing over what other ppl are gearing their toons with and if u agree with it or not.

dual axes have high spike than any blade, axes can get god of frenzy, rank 9 axes have higher attack unrefined than g 15+12 with GoF and +30 attack levels

fists can hit 5 aps with a g 15 weapon swords cannot

you will never spike like an axe DPS like a fist or range like a pole
  • morridune
    morridune Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dual axes have high spike than any blade, axes can get god of frenzy, rank 9 axes have higher attack unrefined than g 15+12 with GoF and +30 attack levels

fists can hit 5 aps with a g 15 weapon swords cannot

you will never spike like an axe DPS like a fist or range like a pole

erm yeh like a said if ppl are willing to pay for the gear or spend the time farming the rep/mats for the more OP stuff then thats fine bt i can spike well enough and dps well enough with swords. point is its sad ppl attitude's cos rly how many bm's only use 1 type of weapon at the high lvls?? an even if they do so what so long as the job needing done is getting done. nt evry1 can afford to pay the kinda money u need to use rank gear for the ulti axe/fist combo for max aps and max spike straight away and tbh if u got 5aps and the str to use same lvl axe's u need the support gear or ur tank gonna b so thin it nt matter how much dam u could put out if ur a 1 shot wonder bt till then swords nt a bad choice has some nice options u can use most weapons if u build for swords anyho so why the need to mock so much? As long as the support skills are there and lvl'd to b used in squad what does it matter. with mire and atmos i've 1 shot mobs in hell do u rly think i care if i've hit em for 2x their hp or just 1pt more so long as im killing em without falling in the process there nt anymore dead are they and same goes for pvp.

So here's a thought how about taking time to give advice on what can b done when some1 asks about any of the weapon paths ( swords/axe/pole or fist) rather then jumping on an opportunity to just sit and brag how "pro" u are and ppl should only do the same as u do. after all this is a game and should b about having fun with other ppl if only way you can do that is to slag off other ppl or rub their faults in their face then rly who r the 1s that need to look at what their doing?? (me think prehaps compensating for summut????) note this nt directly aimed at person i quoted as they were making a point bt u only need to read 1 or 2 of the fourms were some1 has said they went sword or pole to see my point
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Gee, I never knew games were about having fun. I thought it was for you to be number one.

Oh hey that rhymes. But seriously, we are not bragging about how pro we are. We are just doing simple math to simplify what is stronger. Clearly, sword is underpowered.