Blade pure BM

13»

Comments

• Maximus_Fury - Sanctuary
    Maximus_Fury - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Morridune made some good points. As well as the others. I see the balance which must take place between personal taste and what is the greatest good for the squad. After careful evaluation (which includes the future funds I am willing to spend) I've come to my conclusion on what BM build I will be:

Axe & Polearm

The reason...I like the "per-level build". 3 STR, 1 DEX, 1 VIT.

To me this is survivability, durability and ability to dish out good damage. But most important to me is the ability to perform my job in future squads with my Axe skills. Yes, a Axe BM is gold in FCC. Let the 5.0 SIN go to town. I just need to perform my job of crowd control. Let the Archer DD away. That's all he's good for (his role). I can easily enough switch to Polearm and deal delicious damage if it's indeed riper than the Axes. And, you know what, I do not feel I am undermining this BM. I don't PVP for blood nor do I intend to. So if I really have a use for a 5.0 aps I'll...World Chat: FCC squad LF 5.0
  • morridune
    morridune Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    nice axe and pole is a cool option some of the best BM's i've squad'd with use a similar set up, and i hope u have a great time learning how much our class rocks as u lvlb:victory

As for the axe/fist im nt disputing its effectiveness or that swords are a little under power'd at times was tying to say sword is a viable option as any to get u though most of the game tho its nt the best plan to only lvl skills in 1 path no matter which one it is, and has a nice build as allows u to use most of the weapons at same lvl or leaves less to reset at EG if the axe/fist is ur plan

But on that note i would like to ask some of you ppl who have gone that way (axe/fist) am i alone in thinking we have bn sold short?
    cos face it we BM's are awesome :) but are we rly as awesome as we should or can be??

I remember pre lvl5X's been more fun as no matter if it was pvp or pve we could switch as we pleased btwn the 4 diff weaps and skill sets according to who we're fighting and/or what we were doing, but it seems at some point on the march to the lvl10x's we've lost half of our options as bn real EG choices. As is we seem a little gimped. Should we be happy with only 2 out of 4 weapon paths for our ultimate gear and only 1 of em is a r9
    At start we are sold the class as bn a tactical 1 with the widest range of skills and weapons able to adpt and change as the situation needs, bt seems that seems less and less relevant the longer we play and it's nt like it take a major over haul of the class to fix, either some tweaks to the weapons and/or some adjustments to the skills.
    Seems odd to me that ppl might actually b happy with losing most of what a BM is supposed to be, and very poor business sense for the pwi suits when u think how much some of use are prepared to pay to get the best out of out toons. tho pls dont get me wrong i love playing as a BM it just niggles at me that we should have more like what it promised when i read the discription for the class after downloading the game and am little curious if other ppl think the same?
  • LXianghual - Heavens Tear
    LXianghual - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    morridune wrote: »
    Nice, axe and pole is a cool option; some of the best BMs I've squadded with use a similar setup, and I hope you have a great time learning how much our class rocks as you level b:victory

As for the axe/fist, I’m not disputing its effectiveness or that swords are a little under powered at times. I was trying to say that sword is a viable option as any to get you through most of the game though it’s not the best plan to only level skills in one path no matter which one it is. It is a nice build as it allows you to use most of the weapons at same level or leaves less to reset at end-game if the axe/fist is your plan.

But on that note I would like to ask some of you people who have gone that way (axe/fist): am I alone in thinking that we have been sold short?
    Because face it we BMs are awesome :) but are we really as awesome as we should or can be??

I remember pre level 5X it was more fun no matter if it was pvp or pve. We could switch as we pleased between the four different weapons and skill sets according to who we're fighting and/or what we were doing. However, it seems at some point on the march to the level 10x that we've lost half of our options as being real end-game choices. As is, we seem a little gimped. Should we be happy with only two out of four weapon paths for our ultimate gear and only one of them is a rank 9?

At the start, we are sold as the class being a tactical one with the widest range of skills and weapons able to adapt and change as the situation requires, but it seems less and less relevant the longer we play and it's not like it take a major overhaul of the class to fix, either some tweaks to the weapons and/or some adjustments to the skills.

Seems odd to me that people might actually be happy with losing most of what a BM is supposed to be, and very poor business sense for the pwe (?) suits when you think how much some of us are prepared to pay to get the best out of our toons. Although, please don’t get me wrong, I love playing as a BM. It just niggles me that we should have more like what it was promised when I read the description for the class after downloading the game and I am little curious if other people think the same?

Translation brought to you by GNI (Grammar **** International)

Oh, by the way, axes/fist build is basically the same as all weapons build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Translation brought to you by GNI (Grammar **** International)

Oh, by the way, axes/fist build is basically the same as all weapons build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • LXianghual - Heavens Tear
    LXianghual - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I never click on youtube links in this forum :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I never click on youtube links in this forum :(

It's just a really funny video relating to what you said lol
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...