Options

Comments

• Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My Daily Bump
    b:bye
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The compensation could also been a permanent Jones Blessingb:chuckle

I have a gazillion of those in my and a storage alt mailboxes, enough for 6 months at the very least, that's more or less "permanent", plus jones blessing is not THAT great and all it does is overpower the overpowered in TW, sure you can say "use the blessing yourself" but who's going to benefit more from it? a BM who's average hit is 500 on PvP or an overpowered cash-shopper psy who's average hit is 4k+ on PvP? 30% off 500 is 150 net gain from the blessing, 30% off 4k is 1,200 net gain from the blessing, while i can't 1-hit the psy, he can 1-hit me with a critical or a spike hit

On topic, GMs realized people were not taking the "it's under development" bait and are trying to bury this thread instead? cuz if people forgets about it then it's like the problem never existed right? gotta love how they fix cash shop issues ASAP but can take over 1 year to fix in-game issues (magic shell not overwriting itself is a clear example, and this one is around 5 months old)
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In response to Frankie's updates on the status of "DQ Price Compensation":

Plain and simple, it's too late Frankie. If your team would have at the very least, had compensation within' the first ~2 weeks, it would have been effective as a way to combat this. Sadly, 4-5 months later (Not even looking at the length since this has happened - just guessing, and I'm pretty sure I'm right!), and talks with the Chinese Development team have just "finished", and now your in the "I hope you guys over in China are okay with this idea, and let us here in the US use it!!" stage...

There is no compensation to counter this. Whatever your planning to push into the game, although might be super awesome, and very generous.. It won't take away the damage that has already been done, as I have stated months ago via this thread, and stated in the original DQ drop thread (I was the creater of the 100+ thread btw). Raising DQ drop-rates, adding new types of items like DQ.. Whatever it is, it will be something "Here and now", and will have no impact on the damage that has already been done in the game's economy.

The players aren't to blame for any of the in-game economy's issues. It's the development team's lack of care. When something is presented as a solution or way to combat the issues, but involves an in-game chance, the GMs ignore it, or react to it by saying they will simply contact the China development team and get back to ya. It's the Chinese development team's lack of care, the USA's GM team's lack of capabilities and the USA's GM team's lack of knowledge on the topics.

The game might be considered "Free to play", which to an extent is pretty true. However, everyone knows that it's free to enjoy the community, graphics, and limited gameplay. The way the game as been messed with, the nerfs, and the lack of care has pushed the in-game players to such extremes where you either have to merchant, buy your level's gear with real-life cash, or power-level with crappy gear until level 100, then farm Nirvana with crappy gear (Got to be hard for low geared players, eh?), and hope that squads accept you time after time, so that you can gain some in-game finances and thus be able to get good enough gear to do what you should have been able to do at that level, with that level's gear.

A solid example, is if you do your dalies, don't merch, and don't spend any coin in-game... You'll be level 100 in 3-4 months, have most skills barely level 5-8 rage, and mold gear w/ no refines/horrible shards. If you are a level 100 with +2, beatiful cits TT90.. Your in good shape nowadays. Sad but true.

/Gameisdead (Not really, however it soon will be with the lack of care currently going on)
    +100
    The GM USA team didn't handle this game properly. They failure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the Gm Usa Team Didn't Handle This Game Properly. They Failure.

Qft.......
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In response to Frankie's updates on the status of "DQ Price Compensation":

Plain and simple, it's too late Frankie. If your team would have at the very least, had compensation within' the first ~2 weeks, it would have been effective as a way to combat this. Sadly, 4-5 months later (Not even looking at the length since this has happened - just guessing, and I'm pretty sure I'm right!), and talks with the Chinese Development team have just "finished", and now your in the "I hope you guys over in China are okay with this idea, and let us here in the US use it!!" stage...

There is no compensation to counter this. Whatever your planning to push into the game, although might be super awesome, and very generous.. It won't take away the damage that has already been done, as I have stated months ago via this thread, and stated in the original DQ drop thread (I was the creater of the 100+ thread btw). Raising DQ drop-rates, adding new types of items like DQ.. Whatever it is, it will be something "Here and now", and will have no impact on the damage that has already been done in the game's economy.

The players aren't to blame for any of the in-game economy's issues. It's the development team's lack of care. When something is presented as a solution or way to combat the issues, but involves an in-game chance, the GMs ignore it, or react to it by saying they will simply contact the China development team and get back to ya. It's the Chinese development team's lack of care, the USA's GM team's lack of capabilities and the USA's GM team's lack of knowledge on the topics.

The game might be considered "Free to play", which to an extent is pretty true. However, everyone knows that it's free to enjoy the community, graphics, and limited gameplay. The way the game as been messed with, the nerfs, and the lack of care has pushed the in-game players to such extremes where you either have to merchant, buy your level's gear with real-life cash, or power-level with crappy gear until level 100, then farm Nirvana with crappy gear (Got to be hard for low geared players, eh?), and hope that squads accept you time after time, so that you can gain some in-game finances and thus be able to get good enough gear to do what you should have been able to do at that level, with that level's gear.

A solid example, is if you do your dalies, don't merch, and don't spend any coin in-game... You'll be level 100 in 3-4 months, have most skills barely level 5-8 rage, and mold gear w/ no refines/horrible shards. If you are a level 100 with +2, beatiful cits TT90.. Your in good shape nowadays. Sad but true.

/Gameisdead (Not really, however it soon will be with the lack of care currently going on)

All aimed to make players spend real cash. The moment they droped the DQ price i didnt need to read any excuse because anyone who realy cared would know it was just a ploy to make players spend more real cash.

The worst thing they did to spoil the game was weapons and armour in Anni packs.

Pay to play games at least have a fair playing field unlike so called free to play games .
    To keep a good balance in free to play games means carefull consideration of what you make available for sale. That balance got lost with anni packs.

People will say if it wasnt for those that spend real cash yada yada . Thought that is true there was enougth in the boutique with fashion, mounts, consumables etc to keep this game running.

It was greed that fuel'd more greed when they saw what cash people would spend to be the best.

"Win by chance not by effort" should be the motto for Perfect world.
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Exactly my point

I DO agree and recognize that cash shoppers are the ones who keep the servers running and free for us, however there should be a limit for what you can and what you can't buy

Before the anni packs PWI was doing just fine, the game was cool, people was happy, servers were running, PWE was having profit because the boutique offered cool stuff like charms for TW and PvP and mounts for us lazy bums that don't want to walk everywhere, not to mention starter aero is annoyingly slow and everyone wanted a fast one, cash shoppers had the upper hand in aerial fights, had charms to spare in PvP and TW and cool mounts that made them stand out, yet the auction house gold gave non-cash shoppers a chance to get all of the above, so there was a balance with people who had less time and more money to invest in the game and people who had more time and less money to invest, once benefited from the other

However some greedy guy suddenly decided the income was not enough and they started the anni packs, gold prices rocketed sky high from 100k to 400-500k per unit, and all of a sudden the gear was coming not from playing but from buying packs until you opened one that had the gear you wanted

Nowadays you can have a lvl 100 char in 3 days with uber gear if you're willing to spend enough, oracles, hypers, pack gear and weapons, not only the game's difficulty was dumbed down (like a certain pay to play MMO that starts with w and ends with ********) but now the breach between cash shoppers and non-cash shoppers (or light cash shoppers) is abbysal, you simply cannot compete against someone with +12 refines on every single piece of gear, a nirvana G13 or rank 8 or warsoul weapon and platinum hp charms to spare, it's plain and simple impossible for anyone who doesn't spend at least 200 dollars a month on the game

While the cash shopping must give players an edge, it must not overpower them and it must not make it so the economy cracks (see the "tokens of best luck and 10m notes" threads for references), and now it seems that PWE is trying to force players to cash shop in order to be able to enjoy the game, next update is going to be "you can play for free as much as you like, however monsters now drop 95% less items, but we're adding to the boutique a series of starter packs by level, with a random chance to get an uber overpowered piece of gear for that level or tokens"

And while it might sound both sarcastic and an exageration, it has been done, a pirate-themed MMO cutted down the valuable drops by 50% to try and force players into cash shopping, the lost 65% of their player database within the next few weeks and were forced into selling the company in order to avoid bankrupt, also there's another MMO where even your starter weapon and armour cost real life cash, so people, there is no known limit to MMO developers' greed, don't be surprised by anything!
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Stabbistabbi - Dreamweaver
    Stabbistabbi - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bump from a troll and lurker
  • MilliaEmblem - Sanctuary
    MilliaEmblem - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ding ding~~~ it's wednesday already b:cute

Bumpity bump~
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My daily Bump b:bye
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So, what's the plan?
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would like to know as well, I'm pretty sure everyone would like to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The plan is to go bumpity bump :)
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bump it up baby b:chuckle
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ding~ Ding~ Thursday Bumpity Bump~ b:cute
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    While you are all waiting for something to be done about this, here is a little amusing reading from the past, for those who were maybe not around here at the time http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=365942

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    While you are all waiting for something to be done about this, here is a little amusing reading from the past, for those who were maybe not around here at the time http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=365942

Ah, the good old days
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    do you really think somthing will change regard this situation ?
    i say NO
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think it's time for a reaction either from Frankie or Kantorek.
    edited October 2010
    Options

Well the devs in china were having their hands full of money earned from their packs, sipping tea and playing chess all days while lauging at those nublets that still continues to cash shop.

and Bumpity bump b:bye
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Ahh, THAT old chestnut. -_-

Quite frankly, that was the thread which gave me my first inkling that the staff was either woefully incompetent, or lying to us. >_< I believe this was around the time that the Chests of Coins were the agent driving up gold prices (not JJ as xar wanted us to believe). And hey, I remember bringing up that stuff to spoons... to no avail of course as spoons couldn't do anything about it... >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My daily bump
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like the very last post in that thread.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hmm...late last week has passed and there has been no response.

Early this week has passed and there has been no response.

WTB Spoons back.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

WTB Spoons back.

The new PWE is aweful we know, but what can we do? There are no other MMO's out there, PWI is the only one.
    b:bye(Love me pwe, I am loyalish)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Over_Kill - Lost City
    Over_Kill - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

WTB Spoons back.
    Kantorek wrote: »
    There will be something announced about this very soon... Hopefully by end of this week or early next week. b:thanks

Word of warning to the GMs if you guys do not respond community hate will build up again and it will be your fault b:shutup
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The new PWE is aweful we know, but what can we do? There are no other MMO's out there, PWI is the only one.
    b:bye(Love me pwe, I am loyalish)

Someone likes abusive relationship b:laugh
    Word of warning to the GMs if you guys do not respond community hate will build up again and it will be your fault b:shutup

Blame Chart 101:
    Lack of communication = GMs, CMs and what not

Lack of bug fixes and stupid implementation = Devs

Bit.ching/QQ = Trolls

Reasons as to why PWI is still survivng = Apple polishers, supporters, fanbois, dad or mum's credit cards thieves, pedos, desperate old men, G.I.R.Ls, ****, pixel lovers,
    outcasts in RL, addicts, etc.

Oh and ah... i seriously doubt anyone with a sound mind will really hate through "the i-n-t-e-r-n-e-t" b:chuckle It is because we are behind a computer screen that we can type whatever we want.

Last but not least, Friday bumpity bump~
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well he did say hopefully.

Still, with stuff like that it's no wonder people distrust GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In another 2 weeks or so and this thread will be locked + moved due to 'thread necro' b:thanks
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In another 2 weeks or so and this thread will be locked + moved due to 'thread necro' b:thanks

To be honest, if they, the Gms or Cms were to just come out front and said "The china Devs have no intention to implement x and y" or "We don't have news yet" I believe there won't be so much flaming.

But no. they just keep those concerned speculating.
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

^^This
    And u will loose more (paying) players. The only thing you have to do is tell us how far you are. No response = players we don't care.