10 ways to know if you are a good/bad player.

Options

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Looks like for the "bad" I do 6,7,8 and 9

Oh well, this list is stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm sure the OP was just giving his personal opinion on 'good' (as in nice people) and 'bad' (not so nice people) in the game - it wasnt a comment on player skills etc.

I think he's got it dead right too, and anyone that disagrees with his 'bad' list automatically qualifies for that section b:chuckle
  • Galeskyring - Lost City
    Galeskyring - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In the OP's defense, I think when s/he said "good and bad" she meant it with the connotations of "noble and evil" respectively. At least, that's what I drew from the list.
    OP made a perfectly respectful and fair topic stating a personal opinion tbh. What the thread has successfully done however is literally revealed all the @sshats and morons who are pathetic enough to actually be proud of what they do.

Guess what guys, no one cares, except the other morons who think it's funny but would also PK, steal and rob you too given the slightest chance.

And adding the guy "to your kill list" is like bullying someone irl because you feel jealous or they make you insecure and you want to feel superior. Doesn't work. No one will respect you for it one bit.
    starfever wrote: »
    I'm sure the OP was just giving his personal opinion on 'good' (as in nice people) and 'bad' (not so nice people) in the game - it wasnt a comment on player skills etc.

I think he's got it dead right too, and anyone that disagrees with his 'bad' list automatically qualifies for that section b:chuckle

At least its nice to see a few people being nice about this topic instead of trashing it. Alphae got the idea right along a good guess as to good/evil and at least _DarkSeph_ was nice enough to support the topic instead of trashing it while starfever also got it right on the purpose of this topic as well.

edit----

Also Alphae I am male so you don't have to guess ^^;

To all, please note my screen-name is 'Gale'skyring not 'Gail'skyring, gail is a female name, gale is a non-gender word which means great wind.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:cold this kid is asking to be flamed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Zaratha - Harshlands
    Zaratha - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I get what you are trying to say with all this, which is basically, "Don't be a jerk," (and I agree) but there are some items on the "bad" list that I find perfectly okay depending on the situation.

2: steal loot as it drops

I find nothing wrong with this one because the last time I checked, there's a timer that lasts for several minutes that doesn't let anyone but the person who killed the mob take the items. Shortly after that, they disappear. If a person goes running around killing all the mobs in a large area and not picking up the drops at least every few kills, I am going to assume he doesn't want them all that much.

3: don't share loot

I am not sure what you mean by this. If you set squad loot settings to random, no one can go around looting all the items; even if you pick everything up, a lot of it will end up in someone else's inventory. Problem solved?

5: think you own all monsters near you

I agree that people shouldn't go off on other people for killing certain mobs IF THE MOB IS LIMITED; however, if I see that someone is killing a certain mob in a small area and there are more of them elsewhere, I will either squad the player or move to the unoccupied group. I don't see why others cannot do the same. (At my level, the areas I am questing in aren't that full. Once I hit Archosaur, I know I'm going to have to let other people into my bubble of death.)

6: pk players because you think its fun
    7: pk players for no good reason
    8: pk players to steal their items

If a player has a good attitude about this, I really don't mind. If they are much higher level and just like picking off lowbies for fun (my, what a thrill, killing someone who can't fight back!), that is when I start to get annoyed. I also take issue with people who PK while their target is in the middle of fighting a mob... but I AM on a PvP server - it's unavoidable. I chose this life; I accept it.

As for the rest of the items you listed, bad things happen offline, too; I choose to shrug them off and focus on the good. I can certainly do the same in a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This is my first topic here so hope its ok.

--good--

You know you are a good player if you...

1: help players Check, ocasionally.
    2: share squad loot When I must.
    3: help beginners learn the game Use the forums / read the online manuals, its not my job to help you.
    4: encourage good sportsmanship Pfft.
    5: support your guild Of course.
    6: support your squad Only while im squadded with them.
    7: don't intentionally steal kills If I out DD you, tough, my kill.
    8: don't steal loot from others as it drops Pick it up while the drops locked or lose it.
    9: don't attack friends Depends on the friends you have.
    10: don't pk people without a good reason RPK. Thats my damn reason.

--bad--

You know you are a bad player if you...

1: harass others It makes me look pro.
    2: steal loot as it drops Pick it up before I do.
    3: don't share loot See above.
    4: bully others I R PRO I SAID!
    5: think you own all monsters near you If I can kill them faster than you, I own them, get lost before I kill you.
    6: pk players because you think its fun It IS fun.
    7: pk players for no good reason I LIEK RPK.
    8: pk players to steal their items They should use SL or carry dolls. Or just not go red. IF you drop, what drops is mine.
    9: think you can do what ever you want I can.
    10: steal kills I out DD you, stop trying to steal my mobs.

This is not intended to insult or flatter anyone, its just something random to help you judge yourself no one else. Sort of like one of those self quiz's. Hope everyone enjoys this topic.

Im awesomely horrible no?
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

--good--

1: help players ok
    2: share squad loot so... we can share here (look at # 3 on the bad side.)
    3: help beginners learn the game ok
    4: encourage good sportsmanship ok
    5: support your guild ok
    6: support your squad what if the squad is "dumb" to begin with and wont listen to you?
    7: don't intentionally steal kills i guess
    8: don't steal loot from others as it drops if the loot is on the ground, that means the person didn't care to pick it up, so its fair to pick up.
    9: don't attack friends meh, this can be argued.
    10: don't pk people without a good reasonyou dont need a reason to pk, thats why this game is a pvp game, this is dumb.

--bad--

1: harass others this depends
    2: steal loot as it drops you technically cant do that, when a mob drops "loot" it has a time period that when it ends, if u didnt pick it up, anyone else can.
    3: don't share lootbut cant share here
    4: bully others its a game! how can you bully people in a game?!
    5: think you own all monsters near you i 100% agree, also with mats as well.
    6: pk players because you think its fun same
    7: pk players for no good reason as
    8: pk players to steal their items above
    9: think you can do what ever you want again, its a game, thats why u play it, to do things that you cant do in real life (GTA is a great example)
    10: steal kills same as # 5 in bad players

This is not intended to insult or flatter anyone, its just something random to help you judge yourself no one else. Sort of like one of those self quiz's. Hope everyone enjoys this topic.

Some of these are ok, but some are hypocritical. Maybe you need to redefine some of these... ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    none of your criteria have to do with the quality of the player = how good he plays the game.
    maybe some of them qualify as criteria to judge how good a person's character is.
  • SpawnFighter - Sanctuary
    SpawnFighter - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    none of your criteria have to do with the quality of the player = how good he plays the game.
    maybe some of them qualify as criteria to judge how good a person's character is.

True. Not to flame, but these are more towards the character side of a player, not skill. More of a good guy bad guy thing. Hey, does giving cookies count as good?
  • SpawnFighter - Sanctuary
    SpawnFighter - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Im awesomely horrible no?

Lol... Thumbs up bro.
  • Pleira - Raging Tide
    Pleira - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I actually fit all 10 criteria on the good side.

1: help players When I can help, I do so.
    2: share squad loot That's a given. In fact if someone needs drops that I happen to have (DQ, mats, etc), I give them.
    3: help beginners learn the game That's common sense. We were all beginners once.
    4: encourage good sportsmanship I'm a firm believer in fair play. The only thing that folks might take offense to is that I find it extremely rude for someone to challenge a newbie to a duel.
    5: support your guild I support my guild, and the only reasons I'll leave is if I'm not welcome and have tried to fit in or, in very rare cases, irreconcilable religious differences.
    6: support your squad I always prefer pulling my own weight in a squad, as several squads I've been in will tell you. If it's a bad squad, I do try to make the best of it.
    7: don't intentionally steal kills I don't like it when folks do it to me, so why would I do it to them? If one happens by accident, I break off the attack if possible and apologize right away.
    8: don't steal loot from others as it drops I tend to either wait and see what happens or ask folks if they want their loot/suggest that they pick theirs up nicely. If they don't answer and keep on killing or say they don't want it, that's another story.
    9: don't attack friends Why would I want to do such a thing? It's wrong.
    10: don't pk people without a good reason I don't PK at all. Honestly, though, once I become a lot stronger and better at PVP (via TW), I might become a PKK (Player Killer Killer for those not familiar with the term!).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Sig made by Dorset, many thanks!
    Pleira -- Independant -- Lvl 50 BladeMaster -- Raging Tide
    Lil_Kuma -- Independant -- Lvl 10 Barbarian -- Raging Tideb:pleased

I am a gal and I do exist on the Internet!
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well... about the PK drops, I think that it's pretty fair that if someone wins a battle against you, and you drop something (becasue you didn't had the caution to put a guard angel in Ur inventory to avoid drops) the winner is in his right to decide if he takes the drops for him/her or not.

What I really find unfair is that a lvl 80 kills a lvl 30 and takes the drops, a lvl 30 player may be noob enough to don't even know that guard angels exists, and lolz, he's 50 lvls below you so... it wasn't even a real victory. I believe that developers should put a 5 lvls limit (for example)to cause drops by PKing, I mean, you drop stuff only if the person who killed you was 5 or less lvls above you, if more, then U drop nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hmm... if i ever see this barb running outside of sz, i know who im killingb:thanksb:bye

not it! :D
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well... about the PK drops, I think that it's pretty fair that if someone wins a battle against you, and you drop something (becasue you didn't had the caution to put a guard angel in Ur inventory to avoid drops) the winner is in his right to decide if he takes the drops for him/her or not.

What I really find unfair is that a lvl 80 kills a lvl 30 and takes the drops, a lvl 30 player may be noob enough to don't even know that guard angels exists, and lolz, he's 50 lvls below you so... it wasn't even a real victory. I believe that developers should put a 5 lvls limit (for example)to cause drops by PKing, I mean, you drop stuff only if the person who killed you was 5 or less lvls above you, if more, then U drop nothing.

Who drops stuff nowadays with PvE/Carebear server and safety lock?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    1: help players +10 points
    2: share squad loot +5 points
    3: help beginners learn the game +10 points
    4: encourage good sportsmanship +5 points
    5: support your guild +10 points
    6: support your squad +5 points
    7: don't intentionally steal kills +5 points
    8: don't steal loot from others as it drops +5 points
    9: don't attack friends +5 points
    10: don't pk people without a good reason +5 points

--bad--

1: harass others -10 points
    2: steal loot as it drops -10 points
    3: don't share loot -5 points
    4: bully others -10 points
    5: think you own all monsters near you -5 points
    6: pk players because you think its fun -5 points
    (let's just say outside of regular PK zones) -5 points
    8: pk players to steal their items -5 points
    9: think you can do what ever you want -5 points
    10: steal kills -5 points

The Karma-o-meter:

[-65]|||||||||||[0]||||||||||||[+65]

50 points here b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /zus - Dreamweaver57
    /zus - Dreamweaver57 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

--good--

1: help players
    2: share squad loot
    3: help beginners learn the game
    4: encourage good sportsmanship
    5: support your guild
    6: support your squad
    7: don't intentionally steal kills
    8: don't steal loot from others as it drops
    9: don't attack friends
    10: don't pk people without a good reason

--bad--

1: harass others
    4: bully others
    9: think you can do what ever you want
    10: steal kills

Then what is PK for? (In pve servers)
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

--good--

1: help players [This is the entire reason I play PWI, so that I can one day be that endgame uber-geared character who's sole job ingame is helping people]
    2: share squad loot [This shouldn't ever really be a problem unless you get something and one person is greedy. With Random on, the loots goes to random squad members even if you pick everything up]
    3: help beginners learn the game[See number 1]
    4: encourage good sportsmanship[See number 1]
    5: support your guildI don't do factions, does this mean I'm not a good player?]
    6: support your squadThis is obviously a given. Why else would you be in a squad?]
    7: don't intentionally steal kills[Agreed, this can be a nuisance when you are doing that timed quest to get the drops from the mobsnear Broken Bow Mine]
    8: don't steal loot from others as it drops[This doesn't make sense, considering you are given more than enough time to grab your loot. Loot can only be grabbed by the person the game intended it to go to(Most DPS/dealt the killing blow) for a reasonable amount of time.]
    9: don't attack friends[What about a friendly understanding that it is alright to PK each other on sight just for laughs? Why else would you attack someone if they were a friend?]
    10: don't pk people without a good reason[This is too broad, as well as personal. Because douchebags who like to PK lowbies can probably give something that is "a good reason" to themselves.

--bad--

1: harass others[Does touching your booty count as harassment?]
    2: steal loot as it drops[See number 8 above]
    3: don't share loot[See number 2 in the "good players" section]
    4: bully others[Doesn't bullying constitute harassment?]
    5: think you own all monsters near youI own the Nightspike Assassins, they are my sex slaves]
    6: pk players because you think its fun[Isn't this the entire reason PK exists?]
    7: pk players for no good reason[See number 10 above]
    8: pk players to steal their items[I disagree with the entire "Item dropping"concept in the first place. This is why I don't care for a certain other MMO that charges a monthly fee for you to drop all but 3-4 items on death.]
    9: think you can do what ever you wantThis one is extremely ambiguous]
    10: steal kills[See number number 7 in the "good players" section]

Of course, all of these things only really serve to denote whether or not you are a nice person, or a ****. And event hen, they aren't really solid at defining such a notion.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The only one I see is this as it hard to teach others if they want to learn our not.what about assisting others to stay alive.it would be nice if other see my red bar going down from an attack that someone would go after that mob.
    3: help beginners learn the game
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
    Kane_lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yay, looks like i satisfy all 10 "bad player" criteria
    +1 ^.^
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think that you're on the wrong server if you don't want to PvP without a reason because people will force you to fight or flight, usually no time to make an escape either. Maybe you should reroll on a PvE server like dreamweaver, where you can choose to be in pk mode or not. Also it's an older server so more people have more respect for each other and don't steal loot from each other.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Quick chime in.... There is a difference between pvp and pk.... pk run up kill someone move onto the next click move click move rinse/repeat is no fun... pvp back and forth 20 minute fight against lots people and a platinum charm gone is fun

I like pvp...

But I don't like pk...

I am on a pvp server Not a one shot all or be one shot by all server
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    --bad--

1: harass others
    4: bully others
    9: think you can do what ever you want
    10: steal kills

1. No comment, I suppose. I mean I could think of a bunch of situations but that'd mean a lot to type.
    2. This makes no sense. If there are drops on the ground and the person doesn't pick it up, then it's free for anyone. Drops have a specific time of which you can pick it up, so if it's timed out and you pick it up, it's still not stealing.
    3. I saw the "put it on free and not on random" thing. If a squadmate doesn't pick it up themselves then they just missed out on the drop, too bad. Be faster next time.
    4. Number one...
    5. Lolwhat?
    6. It IS fun.
    7. You don't need a reason to PK people but for simply being in PK mode. The person you kill chose to be in PK mode and if they die then too bad, stay out of PK mode if it really matters so much.
    8. Basically same as 7, if they chose to switch to PK mode then it's their fault, they got killed and the items dropped are the other's to keep.
    9. Number one...
    10. This is pretty much the only one I agree with, but it's a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Tatina - Raging Tide
    Tatina - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hmm... if i ever see this barb running outside of sz, i know who im killingb:thanksb:bye

High five to you my friend.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

--good--

1: help playersi dont got ripped to many times by to many people
    2: share squad looti do this but i also rarely squad more than 2 others even for tt
    3: help beginners learn the gameif im bored otherwise *fourum link gtfo*
    4: encourage good sportsmanship*kicks you while your down*
    5: support your guildripped to many times to care
    6: support your squadrarely squad see above
    7: don't intentionally steal killsonly for the lol's?
    8: don't steal loot from others as it dropsb:dirty free money
    9: don't attack friendsim on a pve server pk mode = free game and its a nice way of saying hi
    10: don't pk people without a good reasondude...pve...sever pk mode is the reason

--bad--

1: harass othersits fun
    2: steal loot as it dropswho doesnt do this srsly?
    3: don't share loot...ya i bank tt as faily as possible have to keep the bad karma off somehow
    4: bully othersthe hell do you bully somone when getting away is as simple as blacklist?
    5: think you own all monsters near youmine all MINE!!!
    6: pk players because you think its funit is
    7: pk players for no good reasonits fun im on a pve server so ya...
    8: pk players to steal their itemssafety lock if you drop it your to dumb to own it
    9: think you can do what ever you wantcan you really stop me?
    10: steal killsonly if i own those mobs

well im a horrid person

*goes to be ebil*
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Aia - Raging Tide
    Aia - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm a good player b:cute
  • Keirya - Raging Tide
    Keirya - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ok most of the bad player list makes sence...most. sorry but if youre white named or on a pvp server youre fair game. if youre a low lv on a pve server then dont go white named. thats just stupid in the first place. dont complain if you were pk'd. if someone is intentionally stalking you and killing you everytime you step out of a safe zone thats one thing, but if its a one or two time deal, suck it up and deal with it.
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    True, except for the pking. I myself am a carebear, but there's nothing wrong with pking a bit here and there imho. Hell, it's just a game. Pking newbies is simply low, stuff like that. But... if the OP is all like "pking cause you think it's fun is BAD", why is he on LC then? >.>
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im probabaly half half aswell if im ina good mood i go buffing whole city of plume perhaps o.o if im ina bad mood i may just kill plp out of boredom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    --bad--

what the...
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Let's just face it: None of the points the OP makes in his post are valid.

We are all evil in our own way.
    >.<
This discussion has been closed.