Random:FCC and Venos

Comments

• LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It's absolutely hilarious that once again Tweakz manages to make a simple comparison/analysis thread into a flame the noob/fail build veno =\
    Once again the entire thread changes from a well argumented and tested theory-sharing into a "get a herc or else you dont matter!" discussion when Tweakz runs his mouth.

The simple fact someone can not even voice their honest, well balanced and tested OPINION in a FORUM for crying out loud proves you take this game WAY too serious.
    It also proves you have nothing better to do than needlessly spam your nasty comments and foul, ill-based half assed, **** opinion on nothing else than threads that boost your own self esteem as being a High lv. end game Veno with amazing gear and pet.
    It proves that you have no other knowledge of antything other than watching others **** up you fail to realise the biggest **** up of all is you.
    It proves you are unable to voice your opinion in a normal matter, conversate, discuss and debate other possabilities.

When i simply went out and TRIED to get a better understanding of my class and share that information and findings, others were more than helpfull in trying to guide me in the right direction. You on the other hand did exactly what you are doing now.
    Slapping someone on the fingers, telling them their stuck on stoopid if they dont change the way YOU want them to and if they bounce off the idea with a simple "i dont see the point in that." you go on a rant and make it personal by calling them a failure in their class.

Segreta made a VERY good post in showing that it IS possible to go into FCC WITHOUT a herc. Making YOUR obsession about a herc'd veno lose it's credibality.
    She never once said a herc was unnesesairy, she merely proved the option of FCC without a herc IS possible.
    Get off your high horse and sniff the reality that it's YOU who is stuck on stoopid with a tunnel vision to one way only, The herc.
    It is YOU that fails to see the concept of an MMORPG, A MULTI MASS online role playing Game, and turned it into a selfish, my way or the high way solo gaming world behind your computer where your stuck in your own mind of make pretend your better than the rest.

b:thanks eoungh said Good Bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lmao you were talking about all the time that a non-herc its non-reliable and that there there and there the poor squads members can get agro and god knowns what tragedy may happen without the pet tanking,don't try to reflect that on me that was you b:bye

Organize thoughts and get back to me or are you trying to equate different scenarios?

That its supposed to mean that I said that a GW is as good as an Herc?,you're using too much of your imagination,there's nothing there.

You imply it by expecting people to treat you as if you have one.

And your Wizard for some miracle eats less mp than a Venomancer?,what he have lv.1 Skills?,he never get hitted?,do he even PvE anymore or its just your TW tool?
    You're assuming that Venomancer = Herculus thus making in the mid-term the Venomancer the most expensive class,that's totally a fail logic,Venomancers doesen't have to get an herc to*Enjoy* the game,something that maybe you never thought.

Wizard gets more MP per Mag than Veno. Wiz has Wellspring Quaff to further that gap. Spark Eruption bases return MP on Max MP. 90+ Wiz also easily gets >100 MP per sec from meditating which it gets opportunities to. Veno is always on the go. Just because you can level to 100+, and can survive any boss encounter doesn't mean you're good at the game. You're also not arguing about fun in the OP: you're on a rant about FF squads not wanting you.

Yes my GW outdamaged most low 80-90 DDs that's excactly what I said,i never said that DPS equate to agro.

How do you know it's out damaging? Just because it steals aggro?
    You're probably too used to be lv.100+ by too much time to remember the"Average",game lv.1-60 lv.60/80 those nubs days yes,a Pet usually outdamaged any DD below 90,unless its pretty good equipped(And no,not everyone like you have Gold stuff highly refined).

Pet does decent dmg at that level on [?] only and doesn't out DD real DDs. Much of FF is also AoE on non [?].
    Do you want keep flaming so I can post more of your fail flaming attemps?

b:bye

Your thread is fail. You failed to make a point. You're a waste of squad space in FF and wont accept it. People learn from experience what makes for good runs and they know Hercless venos don't.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Tweakz your various post I saw on various threads and the various replies from various users proves that's you're just a flamer and I won't replying anymore to your ridiculous flaming.

Ignore mode On b:bye
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • tweakz
    edited October 2010
    Tweakz your various post I saw on various threads and the various replies from various users proves that's you're just a flamer and I won't replying anymore to your ridiculous flaming.

Ignore mode On b:bye

Oh yes, and this forum didn't have lots of trouble recently because it tolerates your types, even creating more out of would be respectable users, so it hasn't been over run with wannabe TearValerin / Wafflchans. -Right.b:chuckle
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Didn't read through all 4 pages but my herc at 98 or 99 tanked the 8th boss with 2 venos healing and tons of luck.

So it's tankable, if you're lucky.
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I thought I was setting an example for people to follow.

Stop responding to tweakz.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Less talking more leveling kids, hop to it.
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yea... had a veno in FCC. Squad didn't even bother asking if she had a herk; Which she didn't. She was kicked right in the ex room though, cause apparently even after us asking countlessly she didn't know what Lending Hand, Bramble or Amp means nor how to use them...

Veno can be fairly useful in FCC without a herk. I rarely see venos tanking bosses, since if there are decent DDs in squad, pet won't hold anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010

- Im not a kid and.....uhm what O.o?
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
  • tweakz
    edited October 2010
    Kicking them is doing them a favor. FF isn't for people wanting the easy XP with minimal costs. People whether veno or not shouldn't be going there just to ride off of others. I've been in some FF with BMs that couldn't hold aggro, Barbs that failed at luring, Clerics that couldn't handle AoE. If you can't run with the big dogs: stay on the porch. Seriously.. FF isn't not that profitable. If you're poorly equipped (IE: no herc, no relevant skills), then you need to work on that: not mooching off others for XP.
  • XDarkJessX - Lost City
    XDarkJessX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    fyi twekz not ever veno can have a herc not every player can have great gear get off your high horse youve trolled enough in 1 lifetimes now gtfo i do fcc with my GW/kowlin and i do JUST FINE and i dont mooch off others exp get over yourself twit

DarkJessib:bye
  • tweakz
    edited October 2010
    fyi twekz not ever veno can have a herc not every player can have great gear get off your high horse youve trolled enough in 1 lifetimes now gtfo i do fcc with my GW/kowlin and i do JUST FINE and i dont mooch off others exp get over yourself twit

DarkJessib:bye

Keep running FF and you won't diaper brain.
  • DarkJess - Lost City
    DarkJess - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    nice comeback QQ moarb:shutup
  • DarkJess - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    and while your at it why dont you put some moar people down hmm? not everybody can have/wants a herc ._.b:surrender
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ..After the worst FCC squad I ever been in..I'm not doing that **** anymore. Seriously **** this game man..
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    People whether veno or not shouldn't be going there just to ride off of others.

I actually agree with this, not just on FC but on any other instance run... If you need a herc to pull your own weight on an FC run however, chances are it is you who should be staying on the porch...
  • DarkJess - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Manray marry meb:dirty i wuvs ya <3b:kiss
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Kicking them is doing them a favor. FF isn't for people wanting the easy XP with minimal costs. People whether veno or not shouldn't be going there just to ride off of others. I've been in some FF with BMs that couldn't hold aggro, Barbs that failed at luring, Clerics that couldn't handle AoE. If you can't run with the big dogs: stay on the porch. Seriously.. FF isn't not that profitable. If you're poorly equipped (IE: no herc, no relevant skills), then you need to work on that: not mooching off others for XP.

I agree with this somewhat. Tbh, I'd rather go without a barb on fcc. Bm's are capable of pulling halls, and on some occasions, i help pull too. (body pull, or herc pulls). And speaking of venos herced or not, I'd rather be the only veno in an Fcc squad, since most venos dont know how to time debuffs, and etc. The few venos I do go with, I make sure that i've known them for a awhile, know that they have good teamwork, and don't mind sharing some of the load. I went with this random veno one time (no herc), but i didn't mind at first. What I did mind was the fact that she never turned off her magmite's skills to let my herc tank. It was like she was deliberately trying to steal aggro of my herc just so her pet could tank. Needless to say, her magmite ended up dying all the time, and i was the one throwing all the debuffs i could, and tanking with herc all at the same time. b:surrender
    >.<
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If anything I agree about tweakz' post surrounding more time between heals to be able to debuff and DD, something you don't get with a magmite or GW or spider. Veno's with hercs are chosen for the simplicity of them tanking, the easier it is for them to hold aggro over a magmite or GW, and because herc venos are so common nowadays that it's seen like a DPS archer/sin/BM and thus people want one for their FF squad. It's not like it isn't possible to run a FF without a herc veno, but the benefits of a herc veno by default outweigh a hercless veno. When people are starting off in FF in their low 80s, they very much rely on herc venos to tank bosses, additionally, helping bosses go faster. Not because a barb cannot, but because it allows the cleric to DD and saves the barb on repairs, and if the veno has a herc, they can still debuff/DD. Win/win for everyone. I really wish people could be reasonable when it comes to hercs, but of those venos who don't have hercs, by far most tend to be lazy about their gear too, so what the flying hell is the incentive to bother with the veno at all in that case? They're better off with an archer, sin, BM, wiz, or psychic. Later on, when APS builds really kick in on the damage (90+), a herc becomes a bit more obsolete, but in leveling my archer (96), barb (90), cleric (100), bm (101), veno (100), and wiz (100) through FF/RB, people still will choose a herc'd veno over a non herc'd, not only for both of them (even though its not necessary whatsoever for RB), but for Nirvana as well. There is much failing if a veno doesn't have a herc by the time they are in FF to begin with, but especially if they reach 100 and can do Nirvana. They simply spent too much time and resources leveling instead of adequately equipping themselves.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If anything I agree about tweakz' post surrounding more time between heals to be able to debuff and DD, something you don't get with a magmite or GW or spider. Veno's with hercs are chosen for the simplicity of them tanking, the easier it is for them to hold aggro over a magmite or GW, and because herc venos are so common nowadays that it's seen like a DPS archer/sin/BM and thus people want one for their FF squad.

I'm sorry, but the highlighted part is just wrong. You can load up a magmite or walker with bashes and hold aggro better than a herc can dream of, with just one aggro skill and a bit of extra DPS from reflect. If that weren't the case, then this:
    What I did mind was the fact that she never turned off her magmite's skills to let my herc tank. It was like she was deliberately trying to steal aggro of my herc just so her pet could tank. Needless to say, her magmite ended up dying all the time, and i was the one throwing all the debuffs i could, and tanking with herc all at the same time.

wouldn't have happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    And what was funny was that it seemed she was trying to prove her place in the squad. She wouldv'e done a better part in proving herself if she stayed in human form and just threw ironwood and other scarabs, and passed sparks... instead of trying to steal aggro from my herc, and overridding my foxform debuffs (since i usually stay in fox during fcc bosses). Also she wouldve proved herself even better if she had an adequate DD pet, like a DW or scorpion up to her lvl.... Then i wouldnt have minded her being there... But everything she did, just spelled "F-A-I-L". That's why I'm so picky about my requirements for another veno running Fcc with me.
    >.<
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    what Mayfly just said, yes. even hercless venos like myself know hercs are wanted largely because they're so darn tough; but that's because of their defense skills, which necessarily take up slots other pets can stick offensive / aggro skills in. and those highly rare defense skills are so damn expensive that it takes a rich veno indeed to consider tearing them out to be replaced with aggro skills, whereas re-skilling a magmite or a walker is nothing in comparison.

a herc's main aggro skill is oftentimes reflect... and it, of course, has the same shortcomings as bramble. what barb would try using bramble as their main means of holding aggro?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    a herc's main aggro skill is oftentimes reflect...

No, a herc's main aggro skill is whatever the veno chooses to put in the 4th skill slot... Be it bash, fleshream, roar, or if you're stupid enough... element bashes. Bramble is the main aggro skill if herc has some skill like blessing of the pack(which is useful)... or claw(which is stupid).

Hence... my name... b:surrender
    >.<
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Its funny and at the same time sad how a thread which only point was to explain that even non-Herc Venos could perform fine in a fcc run have been turned into a Herc-Venos Vs Non-Herc-Venos which is totally not the point of this Thread.Especially when it has been stated clearly that an Herc can let Veno does more debuffs,damage,etc, and generally perform better.

Its annoying how to some Herc'ed Venos have to cry out loud in every freaking Venomancer thread how superior they are even when they're off topic(We were talking about NON-Herc venos in FCC),as if they already don't do more than enough in their-related threads.

Make fun of me but it seems that some Herced Venos just can't accept that there's life out of there and we don't need an Herc to level to 100 or even just enjoy a freaking game.
    Yes,I have fun in this game(Which is the only point a game should have),and im good without the fatty expensive thing.

Im out of here you're just been too annoying b:bye
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm sorry, but the highlighted part is just wrong. You can load up a magmite or walker with bashes and hold aggro better than a herc can dream of, with just one aggro skill and a bit of extra DPS from reflect. If that weren't the case, then this:

wouldn't have happened.
    In that case a scorpion would hold aggro better than either of those if you wanna add rare pet skills. However, since so few venos actually use those compared to hercs, we're going with what's more widely used. A magmite and a GW are horrible tanks as far as holding aggro is concerned and more than that, as iterated by tweakz, something you didn't bother to quote from my post, the veno is going to spend more time healing the pet than debuffing and attacking, even presuming it actually does tank with a crappy DD squad. There's nothing that impressive about a magmite or GW. It's an "ok" pet, if you are too lazy to invest the effort into a decent pet that a squad will find more useful.

What's really sad is these non-herc'd whiners I see so often posting in Veno discussions here give those decent venos without a herc a bad name. They never cried like this about the logic behind people preferring a herc. Just like a logical pure sword BM won't complain about people preferring someone else more invested in their class like a decent fist/axe BM. Lazy, whiny venos I've seen so prevalent here don't want to put in the effort or even cash (it's fine not to cash shop for it but the effort isn't that tough for a veno to get it the non CS way) to satisfy logical requirements squads demand.

And Segreta, you're the case example. It was iterated in one of these cluster **** of whiny veno threads that a non herc veno would likely need to make their own FF squads much like a veno with or without a herc would need to make their own RB squads given the demand for herc venos is easily met on every server, plus the excessive demand of RB from venos in general for RB. There is nothing special about a veno with a normal pet, no rare pet skills, nothing.. so why should that veno be given special consideration? Duh.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Hence... my name... b:surrender

b:chuckle
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Its funny and at the same time sad how a thread which only point was to explain that even non-Herc Venos could perform fine in a fcc run have been turned into a Herc-Venos Vs Non-Herc-Venos which is totally not the point of this Thread.Especially when it has been stated clearly that an Herc can let Veno does more debuffs,damage,etc, and generally perform better.

Its annoying how to some Herc'ed Venos have to cry out loud in every freaking Venomancer thread how superior they are even when they're off topic(We were talking about NON-Herc venos in FCC),as if they already don't do more than enough in their-related threads.

Make fun of me but it seems that some Herced Venos just can't accept that there's life out of there and we don't need an Herc to level to 100 or even just enjoy a freaking game.
    Yes,I have fun in this game(Which is the only point a game should have),and im good without the fatty expensive thing.

Im out of here you're just been too annoying b:bye

THIS. Unfortunately this debate has come to dominate all pet topics, the discussion being centered in only a few intangible and subjective gameplay qualities--- Herc and unherce'ed venos really do compliment each other. But pet choice being coerced for the sake of efficiency has gone to a extreme. Allow me to illustrate; I recently attempted to calculate the dps for a couple of pets based on Ecatomb numbers. I certainly will have to check my math twice (i've been know to make mistakes on this department) and should warn readers not to trust too much my figures.

Now, this may seem roundabout, but although plenty of good dps formulas are available on forums, i make it a rule never to use math i don't fully understand. I welcome corrections. Now, in order to estimate dps i started on the assumption that an attack speed of .8 means that one second is about 80% of the time required for one attack to land. Simple multiplication, if this is true, gives me a nice round number of 4 attacks in 5 seconds, or roughly one attack every 1.25 secs. So in order to estimate unskilled dps for a pet with a speed of .8, i would have to multiply its attack times 4 then divide by 5. For a level 90 Tabby this would be (2060*4/5) 1648, for a same level Dark Wanderer (2779*4/5) 2223. To estimate dps using level 5 bash i would first multiply this average dps times cooldown (8 secs) minus the time required for the skill to land (i believe it's 1.5 secs) and add the equivalent of Bash hitting (200% damage) to finally divide by 8 and obtain dps. Thus (1648*6.5+[2060*2]/8) 1845 for the Tabby and (2223*6.5+[2779*2]/8) 2499 for the Wanderer.

Now, this seems like a lot. We are talking a difference of a whoping 654 damage every second after all. Let's see what it comes down to. For a 10 minute fight it means the kitty would do ([2499*600]-[1845*600]) 392400 less damage which it would need (392400/1845) an extra 212 seconds, or a little over three and a half minutes to make up for. Except a veno pet isn't the only damage dealer. If a pet was responsable for half of the squad's damage (which would be ridiculous) then the difference should go down to about half as well, and if it was a quarter, which let's say for argument's sake is about right for (?) bosses, we are at somewhat less than a minute. A minute out of every ten... No doubt some may argue this is unacceptable and inconsiderate to other players who will be wasting coin in extra pots and repairs, but this would be exactly what a herc would do. It goes (2672*4/5) 2137, then (2137*6.5+[2672*2]/8) 2404, ([2499*600]-[2404*600]) 57000, finally (57000/2404) 23 seconds. Now bear in mind that unlike the Tabby or the Wanderer the herc cannot get extra damage skills. An extra elemental Bash on the Wanderer ([2779*2]-[2223*1.5]/8) adds 278 dps to the Wanderer. The Tabby adds ([2060*2]-[1845+1.5]/8) 169 dps. Now, consider that unlike a Wanderer the kitty can Bash with a herc tanking...

It's a matter of proportion, we've been doing far too much minmaxing on veno pets, and to a degree that isn't usually done for even DD classes. And we have focused on the wrong things. Yes, Herc brings unequaled tanking prowess to a squad, but as many posters have pointed out, it starts becoming obsolete at 90+... Now, let's say a Herc costs 80 mil (which according to the relevant thread would now be exceedingly cheap) and that a 7x veno can make 200k an hour (for the record, i can't manage that much) it would take (80,000/200) 400 hours of grinding/farming. Let's say you charge half, that still leaves 67 days of dedicating 3 hours a day to solo play. And for the sake of what? RB and FC runs which are done mostly for experience? You could do 80-90 on just dailies in a month... Yes, you'll be able to solo TT, which even without nerfed rates would still mean countless hours more dedicated to soloing on a freaking MMO. All so you can get into squads easy.

Personally, i'll take the extra couple of minutes using a Tabby may amount to during a run and have fun with a pet that, with fully maxed skills, is still likely to outperform more than half the field of cookiecutter veno pets out there... With people taking sometimes well over an hour putting a run together, and still perhaps half that just waiting for everyone to assemble, as it always seems a couple of squad members are in urgent need of spending 20 mins shopping in Archo, i think i may be entitled to that... Games are played for fun. While merchanting and grinding may have a charm of their own to some, for the majority of players instance runs are the better side of PvE.

I recommend using what pets you enjoy the most, sorry for the wall of text and thanks for your attention.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    THIS. Unfortunately this debate has come to dominate all pet topics, the discussion being centered in only a few intangible and subjective gameplay qualities--- Herc and unherce'ed venos really do compliment each other. But pet choice being coerced for the sake of efficiency has gone to a extreme. Allow me to illustrate; I recently attempted to calculate the dps for a couple of pets based on Ecatomb numbers. I certainly will have to check my math twice (i've been know to make mistakes on this department) and should warn readers not to trust too much my figures.

Now, this may seem roundabout, but although plenty of good dps formulas are available on forums, i make it a rule never to use math i don't fully understand. I welcome corrections. Now, in order to estimate dps i started on the assumption that an attack speed of .8 means that one second is about 80% of the time required for one attack to land. Simple multiplication, if this is true, gives me a nice round number of 4 attacks in 5 seconds, or roughly one attack every 1.25 secs. So in order to estimate unskilled dps for a pet with a speed of .8, i would have to multiply its attack times 4 then divide by 5. For a level 90 Tabby this would be (2060*4/5) 1648, for a same level Dark Wanderer (2779*4/5) 2223. To estimate dps using level 5 bash i would first multiply this average dps times cooldown (8 secs) minus the time required for the skill to land (i believe it's 1.5 secs) and add the equivalent of Bash hitting (200% damage) to finally divide by 8 and obtain dps. Thus (1648*6.5+[2060*2]/8) 1845 for the Tabby and (2223*6.5+[2779*2]/8) 2499 for the Wanderer.

Now, this seems like a lot. We are talking a difference of a whoping 654 damage every second after all. Let's see what it comes down to. For a 10 minute fight it means the kitty would do ([2499*600]-[1845*600]) 392400 less damage which it would need (392400/1845) an extra 212 seconds, or a little over three and a half minutes to make up for. Except a veno pet isn't the only damage dealer. If a pet was responsable for half of the squad's damage (which would be ridiculous) then the difference should go down to about half as well, and if it was a quarter, which let's say for argument's sake is about right for (?) bosses, we are at somewhat less than a minute. A minute out of every ten... No doubt some may argue this is unacceptable and inconsiderate to other players who will be wasting coin in extra pots and repairs, but this would be exactly what a herc would do. It goes (2672*4/5) 2137, then (2137*6.5+[2672*2]/8) 2404, ([2499*600]-[2404*600]) 57000, finally (57000/2404) 23 seconds. Now bear in mind that unlike the Tabby or the Wanderer the herc cannot get extra damage skills. An extra elemental Bash on the Wanderer ([2779*2]-[2223*1.5]/8) adds 278 dps to the Wanderer. The Tabby adds ([2060*2]-[1845+1.5]/8) 169 dps. Now, consider that unlike a Wanderer the kitty can Bash with a herc tanking...

It's a matter of proportion, we've been doing far too much minmaxing on veno pets, and to a degree that isn't usually done for even DD classes. And we have focused on the wrong things. Yes, Herc brings unequaled tanking prowess to a squad, but as many posters have pointed out, it starts becoming obsolete at 90+... Now, let's say a Herc costs 80 mil (which according to the relevant thread would now be exceedingly cheap) and that a 7x veno can make 200k an hour (for the record, i can't manage that much) it would take (80,000/200) 400 hours of grinding/farming. Let's say you charge half, that still leaves 67 days of dedicating 3 hours a day to solo play. And for the sake of what? RB and FC runs which are done mostly for experience? You could do 80-90 on just dailies in a month... Yes, you'll be able to solo TT, which even without nerfed rates would still mean countless hours more dedicated to soloing on a freaking MMO. All so you can get into squads easy.

Personally, i'll take the extra couple of minutes using a Tabby may amount to during a run and have fun with a pet that, with fully maxed skills, is still likely to outperform more than half the field of cookiecutter veno pets out there... With people taking sometimes well over an hour putting a run together, and still perhaps half that just waiting for everyone to assemble, as it always seems a couple of squad members are in urgent need of spending 20 mins shopping in Archo, i think i may be entitled to that... Games are played for fun. While merchanting and grinding may have a charm of their own to some, for the majority of players instance runs are the better side of PvE.

I recommend using what pets you enjoy the most, sorry for the wall of text and thanks for your attention.

Well, I didn't really read the whole wall-o-text, but I think the part in red would be better worded as, "Veno's compliment each other depending on player skills." This isn't based off of having a herc or not having one. If you read my whole rant a page back, or maybe 2, you'd see why I don't like going with other venos (regardless of having a herc or not.) Now, if your a random veno with me in FCC or any squad for that matter (Herced or not), and you prove to me that you can pull your weight in squad, then ofc I'd love to squad with you again. But other than that, no.
    >.<
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    K, I actually red every post, including the walls and rants(tweakz intended... he does some points, but only for competitive guys). PHEW!

I HAVE a herc. And I join fcc's by stating that I do have a herc.

However, after first boss or even before, I pop my Crystal Magmite or Eldergoth Marksman and actually TANK. Ofc, I get "wtf, gtfo, boo, instant kick"or simply 0o. Never stopped me; I play for fun, it's not a competition for me, hence lvl 87 in 2 years of gameplay.

The bosses I found tanking hazardous are the one with freezing bubbles, because in a bubble, only magmite survives and only 80% of time.(yes I said tank, but not really, ofc) Then there is flora, nix, and holeen. Those... only herc can take them, but might be just cause I'm a low lvl n00bz0r.

Also... only pets that are viable even with lag for Adawolf are Kowlin and Eldergoth Marksman(ranged pet). Herc is useless and obsolete for me here. I use Kowlin everytime, cause he has phys AND magic debuff AND awesome speed AND flesh ream.

In a safe bet fcc, I go herc all the way + Kowlin on Wolf boss, 1st boss and Flora.

But hey... that's just me... Veno is THE most versatile class in the game by far, so you can puzzle it any way you can think of... (p.s.)... herc or no herc, nix or no nix(I don't have nix yet :p)

pps: Oh, and like others have stated... pets are tools, and ppl love me in a team cause the cleric is always sparked after he casts BB, tank is always brambled and overall, I seem to escape most occasional party wipes just fine, escorting back the cleric to the crime scene, I love tanking, I spam amp, purge instantly and even take aggro off cleric. I actually am a team player... even if i don't chat much and ****-lick the +6 wearing guys in team :P.

Big HEY! to all venos ^^
  • tweakz
    edited October 2010
    However, after first boss or even before, I pop my Crystal Magmite or Eldergoth Marksman and actually TANK. Ofc, I get "wtf, gtfo, boo, instant kick"or simply 0o. Never stopped me; I play for fun, it's not a competition for me, hence lvl 87 in 2 years of gameplay.

It appears fun to you is pissing others off, pathetic troll.