Please welcome our new forum mods!

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    it's 3.20am. im going to bed.. i hope you all manage to keep this going till morning. i enjoy a good laugh while im having breakfast

peace out! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No..... I don't think Frankie trains them.

To be frank (not meant on purpose), its kind of stupid to just give them the title of mod.

I think this teaches Frankie a lesson for the future though ijs.

Time to train people before they're given the go?
    b:surrender

Lol, three day required training before they are released into the wilderness known as the PWI forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    nightragin wrote: »
    Maybe his best isn't good enough? b:shutup

Oh snap. Banhammer incoming if he catches you, he-who-shall-not-b... **** it, it's obvious enough.

Forum dead enough for you yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You have much to learn, young padawan, in the ways of ninja edits.

b:laugh I never thought...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ...to train people before they're given the go?

/Announce that they exist to the forum world before making them mods seemingly out of the blue.
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Its not just your experences that make whatever your saying about frankie right, i think that hes been doing his best, and although there could be some tweaking here and there, theres no need to bash the guy. Thats just asinine.

I am like a eagles fan. u go 0-5 in a drive in a PRE SEASON game I am gonna boo you off the field. I am a harsh critic, but you know what? I want that same harsh criticism back at me that fuels me when people hate me. I LOVE when people hate me. But Frankie has been here almost a year. he promised IN GAME events well that stopped with what GM meet and greet in march? He promised so much and he failed so hard
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    As tempted as I am to give up on these forums and break every rule on puropse just to wash my hands of it...

I love the drama :3
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No..... I don't think Frankie trains them.

To be frank (not meant on purpose), its kind of stupid to just give them the title of mod.

I think this teaches Frankie a lesson for the future though ijs.

Time to train people before they're given the go?

This is why it might have been a better choice to, idk, pick people who have participated in these forums? ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    What's that song again... there's a song, and while I can't remember all of it, I do remember this one little part...
    Glory, glory
    What a hell of a way to die...

Could it be this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnUFhrmk3Os

(b:infuriated i know i'm wrong but i don't want to be right)
  • Uitiano - Heavens Tear
    Uitiano - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    nightragin wrote: »
    Mods haven't had the chance, frankie has.

I'm not arguing with you, just adding my input.
    Was nice knowing you.b:bye

Word.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    o.o.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • nightragin
    nightragin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Oh snap. Banhammer incoming if he catches you, he-who-shall-not-b... **** it, it's obvious enough.

Forum dead enough for you yet?

No, I'm having fun playing in the ashes.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How the hell did you know that? xD

Mayhaps you should wonder how me did this instead. o.O'
    (o.O)^
    The human test subject has a point.
    They wish to be aware that GMs care.
    x.x'

Incoming responses from
    WraithTanker
    BeingHope
    Airyll

In the above order.

Also this:
    meh, i dont know, it doesnt really matter, i've been told 'we'll keep your mind in consideration' each of the many times i've asked. something tells me that considerations always been like:

GM 1: hmm we need some new mods for such and such.
    GM 2: known any prime candidates?
    GM 1: well that waffle guy's been asking alot.
    GM 2: ye.... no, i think not.

me thinks with my past history with past CM made my chances 0 to none even if pigs flew in a frozen over hell where satan gave out free snow cones. i did illegal stuff hurrhurr.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Kinda makes me wonder about why Grim was chosen over Waffle, though I'm not complaining...maybe. I kind of prefer no-names over well known people.
    meh, i dont know, it doesnt really matter, i've been told 'we'll keep your mind in consideration' each of the many times i've asked. something tells me that considerations always been like:

me thinks with my past history with past CM made my chances 0 to none even if pigs flew in a frozen over hell where satan gave out free snow cones. i did illegal stuff hurrhurr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    o.o.......

Fun isn't it?
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lol, three day required training before they are released into the wilderness known as the PWI forums.

Lawl, in my opinion (so don't QQ rage on me), the best way to train mods would be...

Frankie looks at the community as a whole.

Who shows leadership in the community? Who is good at earning the trust of others? etc etc.
    Then throughout a period of months, he would train them to know the forums more.

Like at a museum, the curator takes you around and tells you about each piece.
    So then Frankie could release a new moderator throughout a period of months/weeks.

So... train them for a few weeks by showing them what to do, then take them out.

Two cents on that topic

/Announce that they exist to the forum world before making them mods seemingly out of the blue.

<.< mhmm don't know how I should respond to that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010

Ah, come on now Waffle.

Even if they didn't work on a policy of "askie no gettie" as it were, they wouldn't dare choose somebody with a small bit of know-how on these forums. And that aside...

There's been plenty of broken promises before. I can't really say I put faith in the GMs to keep their word when they assure you they will consider something, nevermind actually do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxxdreamweaver
    xxxdreamweaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010

I MADE YOUR SIGGY :D I mean...cough....
    RIP SoIar
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I LOVE when people hate me. But Frankie has been here almost a year. he promised IN GAME events well that stopped with what GM meet and greet in march? He promised so much and he failed so hard

1. Seriously, i'm not even commenting on that statement
    2. As for the other one, how do you know that its not being developed? You're assuming so much, why?
    3. I do agree with whoever said that more consideration should of been done when choosing the mods (back to my previous post like 6-7 pages ago lol.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This is why it might have been a better choice to, idk, pick people who have participated in these forums? ijs

As far as Shelley goes, I have read the FW forums from time to time and before she became mod over there she was one of those types who everyone said was mini-modding/modding already. So she seems like she will get the job done, even if there were those who found her annoying on there. Whether or not it will be a job tailored to the PWI forums we have yet to see. And that's the issue here...mods, please make sure to COMMUNICATE and BE ACTIVE on here.
  • Zameri - Archosaur
    Zameri - Archosaur Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think they are keeping this thread open to see if any mod is smart enough to lock it. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Therefore, Shigofumi
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hamsta, you scare meh. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Ah, come on now Waffle.

Even if they didn't work on a policy of "askie no gettie" as it were, they wouldn't dare choose somebody with a small bit of know-how on these forums. And that aside...

There's been plenty of broken promises before. I can't really say I put faith in the GMs to keep their word when they assure you they will consider something, nevermind actually do it.

>:
    Me posted that first. (Click the follow quote link.)
    Also this:

And this too:
    ehehe i can PM you what i did; you'd change your mind in a heartbeat of why they wouldnt pick me :D.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Ah, come on now Waffle.

ehehe i can PM you what i did; you'd change your mind in a heartbeat of why they wouldnt pick me :D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Fun isn't it?

totally took me off guard xDD i was like WTF!? when i saw this ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I think they are keeping this thread open to see if any mod is dumb enough to lock it. :P

Fixed it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    I kinda wonder if the three new mods were just fodder for the community. b:chuckle
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    1. Seriously, i'm not even commenting on that statement
    2. As for the other one, how do you know that its not being developed? You're assuming so much, why?
    3. I do agree with whoever said that more consideration should of been done when choosing the mods (back to my previous post like 6-7 pages ago lol.)

U realize he said he was planning in game stuff MONTHLY

and whatever happened to the calendar contest? he said Oh that is coming next month what 4 months ago?
  • nightragin
    nightragin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think they are keeping this thread open to see if any mod is smart enough to lock it. :P

Because then we have to discuss it in our own threads, God forbid they don't have all of our posts in one neat pile to ignore.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Oh come on people, give Frankie a break. If i was a GM i would probably be on Xanax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TKQcWEXSKU
This discussion has been closed.