Stupidest Reasons For Being Kicked Out Of Squad

Comments

• Eril - Raging Tide
    Eril - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Stupidest reason I've even been kicked for?

I corrected the squad leader when he called me a guy. My character is female and so am I.

Kicked me right after that.b:surrender
    "I'm going to stand here and try to guess how much I'm gonna need to spend on bail by the time someone calls the cops."
    ‎"I'd like to put forward that I'm going to need prior notice if I have to get my hands on anything really illegal."
    "Anderson, don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the entire street."
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Then you're kind of an idiot here. Without any -Int an Axe usr is stronger then a fist user, and that is fact. However with each bit of Added -Int the Fist users DPS grows disproportionately to the Axe users DPS. At -.1 Int, the crossover hasnt even happened yet although they are definately closer in DPS. But at -.1 Int, the fist user is certainly not a greater asset than an Axe user. You're just following the spoon fed malarky you've been fed without analyzing the reasons behind it and if you kicked a -.1 Int Axe user who could actually Heaven Flame'd bosses & mass AoE'd FC mobs & replaced with a -.1 Int Fist user then I wouldnt want to be in a party with someone who doesnt even understand the mechanics of it all in the 1st place.

By the time a Fist user surpasses an Axe user, he's had to acquire alot of -Int which is very expensive and certainly beyond the farming TT stages of the game for anything other then money. So i guess you never actually TT to help other farm the gear they need?

Edit: I guess we should add to the "Common Misconceptions thread"; A Fist user is always better DPS then all other weapons for a BM, in all cases, indendant of any other factors. Thats just plain wrong as it requires heavy endgame -Int gearing before this is actually true.

Thank you Dark. See? So insightful. Buts its okay, they'll never get it, they are Sheep! Sheep I tell you! Shepherded by some crazy guides and the wonders of what is the 5 aps character. I am sorry to say the average non-CS player will never have 5 aps, or anywhere close to it. I don't need 5 aps, I got stun lock, Insane Amount of Sac Strike Damage and a level 10 HF that'll make ya weep. =D Anyone who wants to kick my BM from a party for it, fine, but its still a stupid reason to be kicked.

@ others Debating the issue: I look at it this way .... Kicking a BM for specializing in one weapon over another to increase something else in them, is no reason to kick them from a party, ESPECIALLY if the run hasn't even started yet and they haven't seen what I can do with the build that is had. Furthermore, Anyone having any build is their choice. Thats like kicking a cleric because they wear Light Armor over Arcane Robes. You know that makes them only 30% a Cleric because they have less Magic and heal power now ... but... they live longer in many cases. The point of it is... Being kicked for not being a fist user (at level 88 No less) was a stupid reason to kick someone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited September 2010

I corrected the squad leader when he called me a guy. My character is female and so am I.

Bet that leader was one more of that rising men-who-are-into-girly-men club b:cute

Yep... they hate women
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thank you Dark. See? So insightful. Buts its okay, they'll never get it, they are Sheep! Sheep I tell you! Shepherded by some crazy guides and the wonders of what is the 5 aps character. I am sorry to say the average non-CS player will never have 5 aps, or anywhere close to it. I don't need 5 aps, I got stun lock, Insane Amount of Sac Strike Damage and a level 10 HF that'll make ya weep. =D Anyone who wants to kick my BM from a party for it, fine, but its still a stupid reason to be kicked.

@ others Debating the issue: I look at it this way .... Kicking a BM for specializing in one weapon over another to increase something else in them, is no reason to kick them from a party, ESPECIALLY if the run hasn't even started yet and they haven't seen what I can do with the build that is had. Furthermore, Anyone having any build is their choice. Thats like kicking a cleric because they wear Light Armor over Arcane Robes. You know that makes them only 30% a Cleric because they have less Magic and heal power now ... but... they live longer in many cases. The point of it is... Being kicked for not being a fist user (at level 88 No less) was a stupid reason to kick someone.
    So you're inferring that, in, say, a rebirth delta, that I accept a pure fist or pure sword bm just so they can show me what they are made of in single target attacks, over, say, an axe bm, because they have far more aoe's that can be spammed throughout the course of a rb run? At some point what a person is skilled in cannot overcome logic and logical preferences of a squad (in the end it's their choice what they prefer, even if it's asinine to the nth degree), especially above the political correctness you espouse.

I must also point out that your in game husband, a fail barb in his own right who you defend, kicks people from BH100's or FF squads because they take aggro from him (happened to my archer, and happened to friends of mine, on top of the world chat hilarity calling him a failbarb), especially to a point where their damage renders his reams rather useless, opposed to perhaps letting the run go faster and letting that person tank if they are able to, so I figured I might as well add that to the list. b:bye
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Wow... Firstly, you don't know me ... and me being kicked form a squad because who I am married to, is stupid... O.o;;; Just because my husband does stupid **** in game doesn't mean I do. Guilty by association is not really fair. Our relationship is out of game, it has nothign to do with the game. Do I advocate for the things he does? Nope. Defend him? Certainly. IRL > Game. If he wants to be a jerk in game, so what? Doesn't make me one. I'm a good person with a kind heart.

As for your mentions about BMs. I get it, I get it. But That doesn't mean I am a fail BM because I don't have Fists ... and Fists are not even that great until you can get - Interval. I haven't seen - interval on items below level 90 (sans a couple weapons). I am sorry to say but a BM who focuses on one tree before level 90 is a smart BM IMHO. After 90 its a whole new ball game.

EDIT: Lets be clear about the party I was kicked from..

It was a BH 69, I was level 88 at the time. They asked if I was a fist BM, I simply replied with "No, I'm a Str/Vit Build" and I was kicked. The run hadn't even started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Pleira - Raging Tide
    Pleira - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2010

That sort of mentality always ticks me off. An old friend, Scabies, from my last game (Jade Dynasty) has a link in his signature that includes a link to an article about that kind of thought-frame. The article was called "OMG!!!!! Girlz don't exist on teh Intarweb!!!!!" (I hate that kind of netspeak, but that's the title.)

BTW, I play a Veno, called ArCiel. All but one of my characters is female. I'm a female.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Sig made by Dorset, many thanks!
    Pleira -- Independant -- Lvl 50 BladeMaster -- Raging Tide
    Lil_Kuma -- Independant -- Lvl 10 Barbarian -- Raging Tideb:pleased

I am a gal and I do exist on the Internet!
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't remember to have been booted from a squad. However I have booted people for afking w/o notice or for being stupid. I have also left squads if there is something that really upsets me.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Bet that leader was one more of that rising men-who-are-into-girly-men club b:cute

Yep... they hate women

Don't knock it till you tried it.

....and i have tried it, if i wanted a girly acting guy i would just date you.

See ya later love!
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    don't Knock It Till You Tried It.

....and I Have Tried It, If I Wanted A Girly Acting Guy I Would Just Date You.

See Ya Later Love!
    Owned!
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • EvilChef - Dreamweaver
    EvilChef - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    When i was on my wizard (at the time 99) i was kicked when i told this guy( a barb) he was going the wrong way in an FB ( cant remeber which tho) and i pm'd him like WTF why you kick me he replies " **** i know where i am going" and i replied GL at **** it up" and later i found he died...rofl
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    the tank in bh39 felt jealous that i could tank mobs w/o a cleric while he couldn't. so he kicked me and tried to pk me but failed.
  • Dashiko - Sanctuary
    Dashiko - Sanctuary Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I got kicked for talking too much once...and for not talking at all another time...there was that one time i was kicked for talking about sex in a bh that i wined for free, i still say cleric/tiger relationships would be a very messy thing in bed.b:laugh

Talking about sex? Let alone beastiality? Not Really a Stupid Reason, I'd Bewt kick you too. Other reasons were stupid definately.

I was kicked for Using instant heal pots on my blademaster. Cleric was b*tching "OMG let me heal you"

Oh shut up---you annoying little---Kicked...
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I almost got kicked from a FF squad halfway through cause I talked on vent and the leader realized im a girl playing a male char. He started pm'ing me about how I need to let people know stuff like that beforehand and started asking all about why I was on a male char, if my "wife" was a man on a girl char, and telling me how "odd" is was..... ect.

He then told me he wouldn't kick me because I'd "let him know" by saying hi on vent.

very strange indeed.

Aaaaannddd I was booted from a frost squad for not being a -int claw archer....b:sad
  • TunaBreath - Heavens Tear
    TunaBreath - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    3 times I got kicked from Quingzi (sp?) squads trying to do the TB weapon token quest.

Nobody understood that we actually would get a quest for that boss before lvl 29 then.

Even went so far as to have a newly added member to the squad politely ask for lead, just so they could boot me.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Talking about sex? Let alone beastiality? Not Really a Stupid Reason, I'd Bewt kick you too. Other reasons were stupid definately.

Did you skip questing/grinding as you leveled? Quests involve barb/elf relationships in some, and untamed on its own imitates beastiality. So depending on how graphic the person went, it's no worse than what is in the game.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    "because your hotness makes my wife jealous"

b:cute

Been there b:laugh
  • Dashiko - Sanctuary
    Dashiko - Sanctuary Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Did you skip questing/grinding as you leveled? Quests involve barb/elf relationships in some, and untamed on its own imitates beastiality. So depending on how graphic the person went, it's no worse than what is in the game.

So you're telling me if i read it and just because the game has it i'll go talking about it in squads with kids playing? Like openly expressing how i like to see demonic creatures f*ck with no condoms? Oh lemme go google some pics of Zelda and Winnie The Pooh Getting it on In Hyrule.

FYI: Didn't skip just didn't read the poorly dubbed dialogue.

Maybe skimmed it.

Not my fault the game wants to poison the players with tales of Animal ****.

Bottomline
    =====================================================================
    If I'm Leader Don't talk about beastiliaty because theres tons of other rude sh*t i might not kick you for.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I almost got kicked from a FF squad halfway through cause I talked on vent and the leader realized im a girl playing a male char. He started pm'ing me about how I need to let people know stuff like that beforehand and started asking all about why I was on a male char, if my "wife" was a man on a girl char, and telling me how "odd" is was..... ect.

He then told me he wouldn't kick me because I'd "let him know" by saying hi on vent.

very strange indeed.

Aaaaannddd I was booted from a frost squad for not being a -int claw archer....b:sad

o_O'
    Me wonder what he would say if he found out me was a hamster playing as a human.
    b:faint
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Don't knock it till you tried it.

....and i have tried it, if i wanted a girly acting guy i would just date you.

See ya later love!

So friday night at Splash? b:cute

Jokes aside, last night I got kicked out of squad for making leader notice he had forgotten to equip his weapon b:surrender
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Who cares about squads? game is dead
  • Pleira - Raging Tide
    Pleira - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hateful people aside, who else has gotten lame reasons for being kicked? Been reading this often and have to smile and sympathize with the other players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Sig made by Dorset, many thanks!
    Pleira -- Independant -- Lvl 50 BladeMaster -- Raging Tide
    Lil_Kuma -- Independant -- Lvl 10 Barbarian -- Raging Tideb:pleased

I am a gal and I do exist on the Internet!
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Foxgrits' responses are always so... well, gritty ><

Always makes me laugh, thanks Foxgrit b:chuckle
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    the not haveing fists thing is a rather legit reason to be booted since your about 1/2 a bm without them for things like frost and are about useless DPS wise w/o them in tt i have booted many a bm myself for not haveing fists and at least -.1 int when they try to walk into tt

have not been booted from a squad in a long time but have been evicted from a few factions due to my charming persona and flat refusal to take people who cant keep up on gear/are just plain bad on my runs

That's absolutely priceless. b:chuckle I come back after several months and you're still here acting like a superior tw@t in a computer game. You still haven't realized that it's just a game and that it doesn't matter if you finish the instance a minute faster or slower, it's about being social and having fun? Go do something productive irl and stop using a game to pretend you're "someone", seriously.

Booted from several factions doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Karma took it's course.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Getting kicked all because I stole aggro on Drake from a barb using Annihilator of Souls.

P.S.In case you think I'm fail adding that much Str now,I was wearing gear with +Str

Edit:Weeee,I got a new Avatar
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    benij kicked my veno from frost squad because I pulled the big room because he was taking too long (my veno is heavy and roughly 10k HP at lvl 93). He kicked me as I got to BB and i bramble hooded but proceeded to be dragoned by the bm, not on purpose. Died after half the mobs were dead. I talked him into squadding me back because I "learned my lesson". We proceeded to do the boss and as the boss died I killed the mini version of itself that spawns which one shot our EP (EP was in his faction). Having no res I proceeded to start the head quest and drop squad and kill the barb who kicked me.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I got kicked from frost bc "we need wiz" b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demans - Lost City
    Demans - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I got kicked from frost bc "we need wiz" b:cry

w8, they wanted a wiz over a psy....iv been playin a wiz for well over a year and even i think thats messed up XD, id take a psy over a wiz for FC almost any day...does that make me a traitor? b:surrender
    well when ur LA psy has same wep grade and refine as ur pure AA wiz, hits as high per shot, has faster dps, and has 2x the crit %, time to retire the wiz............

dam op fishy....
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    That's absolutely priceless. b:chuckle I come back after several months and you're still here acting like a superior tw@t in a computer game. You still haven't realized that it's just a game and that it doesn't matter if you finish the instance a minute faster or slower, it's about being social and having fun? Go do something productive irl and stop using a game to pretend you're "someone", seriously.

Booted from several factions doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Karma took it's course.

People like Joshcja are the reason why people solo most of the time... I think that, if you act in a game like you would act in a real life work(if somebody in real life fail at his work, he gets fired), you are extremely childish and stupid. MMO's are social games where you're supposed to make friends and have fun, not to be "forced" to be what you don't wanna be. Too bad that nowadays if you're different, you're either labelled as a "n00b" or gets isolated... b:sad
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    As the title says, what is the stupidest reason you've been kicked out of a squad?

Most recently for me:
    In BH Metal squad.
    Leader asks if I have level 11 rez in case anyone dies.
    I say no.
    I get kicked.
    wut?

1. In FC - was tanking the last boss with my Hercules, and he was pretty close to dead when the party leader kicked me and him and another from his legion (the cleric) pked me w/o warning. I lost that experience, and the round up and the heads. Why? They were in a guild that kos’es my guild.

2. In FC - was in the experience room and all but 2 (same legion) were kicked so they could party their friends.

3. Was tanking FB89, and the person ‘accidently’ kicked me from party – at the moment the Camel boss died. The person whose FB it was, pked them.

4. Pulled the 2nd of the bosses in BH69, which I wined, and the moment I successfully pulled the boss and stood to fight him, I got kicked – why? The squad leader did not feel the veno was no longer needed, since Hercules cannot tank that pet. Decided because I did not need that specific boss, it was ok (I stayed to help them after my boss was done).

5. I run FB59 Solo all the time so I can get purple 3 star drops and possible rep item drops, so I invited a group along to go with me, and someone got leader to get their friends. I got kicked at the entrance, after I wined. Why? The person said they needed 20/20/20 and... felt I would leech their experience. (if it is wined – HOW- can there be a 20/20/20?

6. Was tanking TT 2-1, and someone said a person needed that boss, invited. We were at the boss – I was tanking it and they finally arrived, asked for lead, kicked me from party, and tried to AOE me. Where at the same time – I unsummoned my Hercules, turned to fox and they pulled agro, died – as did the rest of the party. (This was a person that played on my old version with me).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dirty_Boy - Heavens Tear
    Dirty_Boy - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So you're telling me if i read it and just because the game has it i'll go talking about it in squads with kids playing? Like openly expressing how i like to see demonic creatures f*ck with no condoms? Oh lemme go google some pics of Zelda and Winnie The Pooh Getting it on In Hyrule.

FYI: Didn't skip just didn't read the poorly dubbed dialogue.

Maybe skimmed it.

Not my fault the game wants to poison the players with tales of Animal ****.

Bottomline
    =====================================================================
    If I'm Leader Don't talk about beastiliaty because theres tons of other rude sh*t i might not kick you for.

Meh, kids will find out about it eventually who are you to say when they should and when they should not learn about that kind of content? For that matter who are you to say what is appropriate and inappropriate? That doesn't just go for you but also every single person in the world that thinks they can label certain topics as inappropriate just because they do not like the idea of it being around children. With that being said, the most idiotic reason I have been booted from a squad is probably being afk for a period of time. Keep in mind I told them I was going to afk for a while, and also that they didn't boot me for more room in the squad, just for the simple fact that I was not there. :OO
This discussion has been closed.