Recent TW Changes: Mages now useless?

13»

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    /facepalm

Barbs have highest DPH with Armageddon with the proper refined gear.
    Barbs have nice DPS (not the best but much better than any melee class) with claws and 4 aps or 5 aps even.

Again you have no idea what you are talking about. But no wonder, at your level, there is no -interval or 30k HP barbs.

Here's a tip for you. Did you know at endgame, archers use claws or fists with a lot of attacks per second instead of bows, because they do 3 to 4 times more damage than using their bows? (talking about PvE instances here ofc)

Archers with bows already do more DPS than magic classes. Use some logic it's not hard.

I don't think you can understand how much 5 attacks per second actually means.

a barb with claws is no longer a barb. Its a lame auto attack thing. Same with archers.

You cant say, Oh barbs have nice DPS if they use a weapon not meant for the class. Thats like me saying X person is sexy with britney spearsbody and face. Technically that person is no longer themself, just a lame version of britney spears

cwatididthar?
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    Tainaker - Harshlands Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    a barb with claws is no longer a barb. Its a lame auto attack thing. Same with archers.

You cant say, Oh barbs have nice DPS if they use a weapon not meant for the class. Thats like me saying X person is sexy with britney spearsbody and face. Technically that person is no longer themself, just a lame version of britney spears

cwatididthar?

i mean is an option like making an HA veno, or making an idk HA cleric...is just the way it is...still claws barbs sux for TWs imo is a bm w/o skills pretty easy to kill. ijs
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i mean is an option like making an HA veno, or making an idk HA cleric...is just the way it is...still claws barbs sux for TWs imo is a bm w/o skills pretty easy to kill. ijs

no its not like HA veno

Whats the difference between an HA veno and an AA/LA veno

its just the armor and the HA veno may be more likely to use fox form but the HA veno can still use pets and still use venos skills.

Clawbarbs cant give HP buff while using claws or do any other barb thing. As you said, its a Bm without skills aka not a barb.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    no its not like HA veno

Whats the difference between an HA veno and an AA/LA veno

its just the armor and the HA veno may be more likely to use fox form but the HA veno can still use pets and still use venos skills.

Clawbarbs cant give HP buff while using claws or do any other barb thing. As you said, its a Bm without skills aka not a barb.

they simply switch to axes for it and go tiger and turtle in squads that are about to wipe in my personal experience
    somewhat the best thing to have in Nirvana or TT, the overpowered DDs tank stuff they can tank with barb buffs amplifying theyr attack and the barb is dealing great chunks of damage too
    doesnt need 5 aps.. 3-4 is also more damage then many wizard :P

a fist barb can farm faster -> more coin -> better gear > there u are good hp
    (no good for cata barb >_>)

wich is exactly the wizards big problem
    no or slow farming instances -> no coin -> cant keep up in gear with BM/Archer/Stabbiefish/Cleric
    assuming every class is able to cash shop or merchant
    i like potato
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    they simply switch to axes for it and go tiger and turtle in squads that are about to wipe in my personal experience
    somewhat the best thing to have in Nirvana or TT, the overpowered DDs tank stuff they can tank with barb buffs amplifying theyr attack and the barb is dealing great chunks of damage too
    doesnt need 5 aps.. 3-4 is also more damage then many wizard :P

a fist barb can farm faster -> more coin -> better gear > there u are good hp
    (no good for cata barb >_>)

wich is exactly the wizards big problem
    no or slow farming instances -> no coin -> cant keep up in gear with BM/Archer/Stabbiefish/Cleric
    assuming every class is able to cash shop or merchant
    Exactly. This just one thing from bundle, why is game broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brishi - Dreamweaver
    Brishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Wizards do good dmg, can heal and have a buff that sins love :)

So in pwe it cant be so bad. They should fix sins stealth so thire stealth lvl is same as theire lvl.

Now a 60 sin have a stealth lvl on 80:/

Sorry for my bad english.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Does it even matter when most endgame barbs who farm restat to claws. b:surrender

And I made a lame mistake... said more damage "than any melee class" should have been 'magic' obviously. b:embarrass
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have to say, whats really broken is not classes doing 5 dmg/sec but sins as a class being capable doing very high damage+stealth+5/sec... that combination is broken, its like a wizard with a nix(bugged bleed) and a Barbs true form phy def.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I just wanted to remind you all:

Fists have high single target DPS.

However, given enough targets, a wizard can out-DPS +12 5APS dual sharded fists by factors of 2, 5, 10+. And, with better physical defense than some (but not all) 5aps fist users.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    I just wanted to remind you all:

However, given enough targets, a wizard can out-DPS +12 5APS dual sharded fists by factors of 2, 5, 10+. And, with better physical defense than some (but not all) 5aps fist users.

doesnt help u at all at getting better gear
    i like potato
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Not like BMs don't have awesome AOE skills with Axes as well.
    Factor of 10? Is that, what, 60 targets?

Wizard won't out-DPS the said fist user simply because a dead wizard doesn't damage at all.

And besides, Dragon's Breath is the only AOE skill we have for DPS... nothing else is constantly spammable.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Not like BMs don't have awesome AOE skills with Axes as well.

Factor of 10? Is that, what, 60 targets?

DPS is situational, but consider how much DPS a fist user will get against an opposing horde of people on your crystal.

And then try and tell me that the rank 9 drop from TW is useless for your gear. (Mind you, it would be a small tiny step, but any gear at that level involves lots of small tiny steps.)
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    erm.
    ok.. im not wizzy or claw so im may know wrong

and im not archer so im not good in math but about wizzy's usefulness as DD in squads:

if 4k p.att fist user does 1600 dmg per hit on NV boss on spark (perm spark)

and 10k m.att wizzy add to it:

- 450 dmg with 10lvl frostblade

- 600 dmg with sage frost

- and 750 dmg with demon

+ plus dmg from normal DD

then why the heck nobody takes wizzes to full party NV runs?

1 wizze should contribute more dmg than 4th fist-DD in squad

did i miss something?
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    erm.
    ok.. im not wizzy or claw so im may know wrong

and im not archer so im not good in math but about wizzy's usefulness as DD in squads:

if 4k p.att fist user does 1600 dmg per hit on NV boss on spark (perm spark)

and 10k m.att wizzy add to it:

- 450 dmg with 10lvl frostblade

- 600 dmg with sage frost

- and 750 dmg with demon

+ plus dmg from normal DD

then why the heck nobody takes wizzes to full party NV runs?

1 wizze should contribute more dmg than 4th fist-DD in squad

did i miss something?

I think you wrong. If he has 5 ats. He doing 5 attacks per second. So if he has for example just 500 per attack he doing 2500 damage per 1!!!! second. Wizard with channeling and casting never can outdamage this. And if he use spark his damage will be even much more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Try reading the post before bashing it.

What he meant to say is that wizard deals additional damage by buffing BMs/Assassins (but also Archers and Barbarians) with Frostblade.
    Packs World International
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    what i got from this thread

wizzies r usefull in pve if know what u r doing
    like we all know are deadly for tws even if tws r dead now
    not that bad in 1v1s if u r not fighting a 5aps barb/bm/sin

i think we r good xD + i spoke with lolla or something from zulu and she said shes doing pretty good in openk pk, she had a +5 neon purgatory i think.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    i try to get demon frostblade and convince everyone its the best thing ever :O
    i like potato
  • TrueDMG - Sanctuary
    TrueDMG - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The Problem is Frostblade does add dmg 30% equal to the Buffed person Weapon DMG NOT to the buffer ones mage attack!!!!.
    i tryed it with an 102 werefox in fb99 on this phys immun boss. he did zero dmg without FB and around 240 dmg non sparked non crit with FB.
    My mag attack was around 11k when i buffed him , his weapon a TT99crit gold sword +7 with 2 garnet Gems.

btw i sold my Deamon Fb after this test
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    owww

that sucks..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If I remember the explanation of FB properly - it increases the melee's attack damage by the percentage of their patk. Not the mages Matk.

Think about it.. if it was based off a mages matk, you could go around buffing lvl 1 BMs and watch them 1shot lvl 10 mobs. Don't work out, does it..
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The Problem is Frostblade does add dmg 30% equal to the Buffed person Weapon DMG NOT to the buffer ones mage attack!!!!.
    i tryed it with an 102 werefox in fb99 on this phys immun boss. he did zero dmg without FB and around 240 dmg non sparked non crit with FB.
    My mag attack was around 11k when i buffed him , his weapon a TT99crit gold sword +7 with 2 garnet Gems.

btw i sold my Deamon Fb after this test

Why won't you test it again with a class that does proper melee damage? :P
    Packs World International
  • TrueDMG - Sanctuary
    TrueDMG - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i guess you have no idea groovy what a Sage WF aka heavy intervall veno can do melee b:chuckle
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Psy ftw
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    fist wizzie ftw
This discussion has been closed.