[Server Maintenance] 8-31-10 [Complete]

Comments

• Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    2 years yay!

Are we 2 year vets gonna get something awesome like a god weapon to kill people that haven't been here as long as us :D

Please don't give me another freaking mount, i have no more pet slots as it is :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Mania - Lost City
    Mania - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Fly mount please for us 2-year vets >=(

Or +10 orb

otherwise I am going to QQ in my corner and eat marshmallows dipped in melted chocolate

...actually I think ill eat marshmallows dipped in melted chocolate anyway
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    4 year vet here from the 2nd week of pw-my OB, 2 year vet from the 1st second HT opened its doors to OB on PWI ofcouse lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So Im guessing 2 yrs vets are getting some super special awesome item and 1 yr vets are getting......something super special, but not awesome? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MoldySkies - Sanctuary
    MoldySkies - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And that the problem became crazy times ten with the patch before last is pure coincidence. All our computers, routers and ISP's just went to **** all at the same time. ok Got it.

I run PWI on 10 computers of varying quality from 3 different locations, zero issues. That tells me it's NOT the PWI servers. Lots of poeple don't have any problems with rubber-banding, but because YOU do, it's gotta be PWI's fault. I see how it is.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So Im guessing 2 yrs vets are getting some super special awesome item and 1 yr vets are getting......something super special, but not awesome? b:question
    b:cry I'm a 1.95 year vet. Missed the cutoff for last year's mount by 3 weeks. b:cry
  • Gianna - Heavens Tear_1358076473
    edited August 2010
    I run PWI on 10 computers of varying quality from 3 different locations, zero issues. That tells me it's NOT the PWI servers. Lots of poeple don't have any problems with rubber-banding, but because YOU do, it's gotta be PWI's fault. I see how it is.

ummmm wtf b:chuckle

2 year vet btw and hundreds of alts >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Dorset
    Mother... Can I go out and KILL TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2010
    b:cry I'm a 1.95 year vet. Missed the cutoff for last year's mount by 3 weeks. b:cry

Ditto, although when I activated my PWI account it was still closed beta. Just never got around to starting because of school.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Started playing a bit before DW and HL opened so.......

One year PWI vet? Two year vet? Please stand up and tell us about the first time you felt that PWI was a special game.

So hard to choose. O_O

When I reached level 9 on my barb and got true form.

My first ever FB19 where a squad of 70+ steamrolled everything wielding enough shiny weapons/armor to light up the dark side of the moon.

Rolling my veno on DW as soon as it came out.

Joining Mayhem (on DW, no relation to the Mayhem on HL other than having the same name) at level 7 on my veno.

My first ever PK at level 30 on my veno.

Thinking I was pro at level 20 because I manufactured all my own gear.

The first 100k coins I ever made.

When I thought 100k coins made me rich.

Steamrolling FB19s over and over once I reached mid level.

My first ever TT run.

My first ever TT weapon.

**** bosses who used to scare the **** out of me when I was a low level.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Personal computers/ISP aren't the only cause to rubberbanding. As I stated in another thread, most f2p MMOs share rubberbanding glitches due to their base engine being a heavily modified version of a previous p2p version.

Sometimes, it's caused by Latency issues on the server side (by cheap companies), sometimes it's caused by extremely low quality computers (that have non-up to date drivers/hardware), sometimes it's caused by low streaming ISPs, but most often it's caused by broken code within the base engine once it's been tweaked too much.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • I_M_Fugly - Sanctuary
    I_M_Fugly - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010

LMAO Methinks thou dost "protect" too much. Mod maybe b:question or if you're not an ubernoob who has been here less than a month, how about you tell us who you really are.

As to your defense of PWI...If I WAS the only person or just a few people or if it had ALWAYS been this bad, I would agree, BUuuUT I'm not, it's not and it hasn't, so I don't. I only suffered the odd rubberbanding prior to the patch in question and now it's all the time. I have made no changes to computer, router or ISP, yet "the problem with my computer" started at the same time as the problem on everyone elses.

::throws tissue to Moldy:: Here, there's something brown on your nose.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I find it really funny how ppl come on the boards to act like they know everything. not everyone uses IE, nor do they install every toolbar known to man. the simple fact that previous bouts of rubberbanding have been fixed thru updates and that the problem becomes exacerbated following updates.

i'm running the game off of a system more than powerful enough to run the game and im having that problem. i'm many players who take the time to complain in a somewhat reasonable tone are of the more than average computer user as well.

back on topic, i have been playing since rising tide and so far i love the game; perfect way to escape stress. i agree with the previous poster about running back to bosses that used to pwn the **** outta me and just **** them mercilessly. hopefully more content is added for post 60's that is not based in a cave. i would like to see some type of faction-squad where the squad size is larger than 6 and can only comprise of faction members; these super-squads would be able to enter special instances for faction quests. i know that may sound a bit out there, but i think something similar to it would be fun and a good alternative to TW.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010

One year PWI vet? Two year vet? Please stand up and tell us about the first time you felt that PWI was a special game.
    4 year vet here from the 2nd week of pw-my OB, 2 year vet from the 1st second HT opened its doors to OB on PWI ofcouse lol
    you anda stan engrish?
    And yet, you still can't buy Game consoles, or cars, or a lot of other products in China/S.Korea/etc. that's specifically made in Japan.

Might want to check tariff laws before you go accusing people of ignorance. Some products made in Japan aren't allowed in a lot of other asian countries.
    we are talking about pwi/pw, stop derailing your own post to other objects because u were wrong about PW being limited. its pathetic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2010

i play on a variety of 7 different computers. they all rubberband the same. just because YOU haven't had the problem yet doesnt mean it can't happen to you very soon. best to just be quiet about something that happens to 99.9% of OTHER players.

2 year vet ( started on Lost City first day game opened) realized what direction the game was going when packs came out. wasnt an arguement i could make in defense of PWE not being totally cash shopped based after that.

for my anni gift this year, here is my wishlist:
    cube entrance bug fixed
    fb39 port in death bug fixed
    fb 79 port in mob attacking bug fixed
    rubberbanding - rumor is that it can cause siezures like strobe lights do.
    memory leak fixed
    a solid answer on DQ issue. btw...that doesnt mean "something is in the works"
    i could go on but it just makes me want to uninstall and /wrist
    the good Starr
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    How about we fix that bloody rubber band glitch tonight?!
    amirite?
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Commenting on the maint topic:

I started this game in 08, although my playing was off and on and ended up creating a new account last spring. Really got serious about playing last fall, just before the tideborns came about. Ever since then I have played my psychic and just love the game. Thanks so much for having me for the past year and a half, and here's to a fabulous second anniversary!
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    bleh imma year and half...almost 2 year vet. honestly i wouldnt minda badass mount...that or get rid of packs for good(just tossin it out there XD) or better yet...make a server where packs dont exist any :o purely for those who dont dump alot of cash into the game i would love yall for that(a man can dream cant he >:/) anyways happy 2 year :D
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Kieli - Sanctuary
    Kieli - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I missed being a full 2 year vet by 1 week xD;

Oh well...

When I realized this game was special was when it overpowered my Cabal Online time xD

And then TWs came....nobody owned the lands and you actually had to fight monsters to claim the territory. It was epic. X3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Siggy made by me b:victory )
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    or better yet...make a server where packs dont exist

Great idea =) Can we go back to Age of Spirits, too?

~1.5 year vet (started April '09) Fell in love with the game the first day I played it, and felt that way until patch 390.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Even though I dont play anymore....

2 year vet. The longest I've ever played a MMO. No joke...I was pretty dedicated, PWI was the most unique, complex and visually stunning game I have ever seen or heard of. The character customization, when I made my first character, was what blew my mind away. Its unheard of in other MMO's.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Been playing since May of 2009. First time I felt like this game was special to me was when Zerogummi/BeardedClam said to me, "Wow, took longer than I thought to kill ya" in Dragon Temple when I didn't even have any buffs on. b:chuckle That's when I'd known I'd done good with my bm (and I can't wait to finally bring her out of retirement). Second time was after my hubby (Spy_Reborn) and I got together. We were friends, then best friends, then more. He makes the whole game worth playing, no matter how much PWI screws it up. I can't wait till we're finally together in person. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    Eshlay - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    2 year vet for me. :D
    Eshlay- Lv. 92 Venomancer (Quit/Retired)

Playing for: 2 years.

Completely uninstalled. Still lurking the forums from time to time. Might come back if some things are done right for once.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    2 Year Vet, by the way.
    Been playing off and on this two years on just about every server.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    3+ years if you count other versions. b:cool
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I actually started playing almost exactly one year ago..
    oh gosh.. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    you anda stan engrish?

we are talking about pwi/pw, stop derailing your own post to other objects because u were wrong about PW being limited. its pathetic

Lol =) , you made me laugh IRL b:laugh
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Even though I dont play anymore....

2 year vet. The longest I've ever played a MMO. No joke...I was pretty dedicated, PWI was the most unique, complex and visually stunning game I have ever seen or heard of. The character customization, when I made my first character, was what blew my mind away. Its unheard of in other MMO's.

I am a 1 year vet, and I have to say that my situation is similar to yours. It is the longest I have played an MMO due to the friendliness of the community and the graphics also kept me going.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If Closed Beta counts then I'm already a 2 year vet. :P

In 2 days I will be an exclusive Lost City 2 year vet.

Happy birthday PWI, it's been great 2 years. b:victory
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1 year vet here. This character is 8 months old though b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [/COLOR]

Well, I admit I was wrong about PWI. I wouldn't think Japan would "allow" it after all the major tariff flags they have on their own goods. Thus, my suprise when you stated the afformentioned TV ad.

However, your attacks are a bit mistargeted. If you act even remotely close to this in real life, I'd imagine you get punched. A lot.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
This discussion has been closed.