[Server Maintenance] 8-31-10 [Complete]

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Afternoon everyone,

We will be having server maintenance tonight from:

11:00pm PDT until 1:00am PDT

Note: As you may have heard, Heavens Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur have been having some character creation issues, so they will need some extra time during maintenance while we repair these issues.

All other servers will be brought back up at their normal times, and you can expect HT, Sanc, and Arch to take up to an hour longer than the other servers. Thank you for your patience :)

And to kick off the usual maintenance conversation:

One year PWI vet? Two year vet? Please stand up and tell us about the first time you felt that PWI was a special game.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Patch Notes Version 408
    Released August 31, 2010

Happy 2 Year Anniversary!

Please check out all our re-cap of the past 2 years as well as our gifts to you here!

User Interface Changes

Reduced font size for Mailbox's inbox.
    Fixed issue with Genie's Energy and Stamina bars appearing as empty when below 100%.
    Font size for Genie HP and Mana bars have been reduced.
    Increased Pet Bag menu.
    Fixed various font and text issues with the Auction House.
    Fixed various text bleeds with the Bidding Hall.
    Bidding Hall now displays seconds during the bidding process.
    Fixed UI issues with PWI Encyclopedia Monster search function.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Good god fix the rubberband
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Happy birthday pwi, b:pleased it might not be 2nd sep, but you will manage one more year will you ? b:pleased
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    FIX THE RUBBBBBBBBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGb:angryb:angryb:angry

Oh and the 1st time I felt PW was a special game was when I saw them acknowledge the fb 59 tab bug along w/ the magic shell bug and going on what 1.5 years now and no mention of a fix?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is THE maint of the year. b:shocked

1.5 years for me, playing PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TY ty ......b:victory

And almost 2yr vet...

Not sure about your other question though...Need to think on that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The first time I felt it was special was when it kept shoving packs in my face and all my friends hypered to 100. Yep, pretty special.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I started playing pwi on December 2008 and back then it was a really fun game, what made pwi so special was the fact that you could level with your friends, enjoy the challenge that every new level reached brought, and the bonds you made with people through doing things like TW,TT,bosses,FBs. I remeber the excitement of reaching 89 and how awesome it felt to be one notch above everyone else by earning it and not buying it.
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    First time I felt special was when Aadi put me in her forum signature. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    QQ I'm slow damn slow comp :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Things that would be nice for the "2 Year Anniversary"

- FIX GLITCHES. Seriously, how long has the Tideborn Face Glitch have been going on?
    - Some kind of special event, not packs.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bring Us Something Good!!!!! Bloody Good Ole Mate!!!! <~~~ In My Flick Voice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm like a month shy on the 2 year veteran mark. b:sad
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Note: As you may have heard, Heavens Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur have been having some character creation issues, so they will need some extra time during maintenance while we repair these issues.
    darn.. oh well

One year PWI vet? Two year vet? Please stand up and tell us about the first time you felt that PWI was a special game.
    2 year. First time i thought pwi was special was when it started advertising on TV in japan back in 2007. Tried to play then but my laptop had no graphics card
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

When i joined my faction and i meet awsome people here b:victory
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1 year and a bit longer. I started at the pritty early stages of Dreamweaver, back when gold was about 100k each, maybe a little less

And I can't wait to see what you got in store for us. Hope it's better than last year
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    darn.. oh well

2 year. First time i thought pwi was special was when it started advertising on TV in japan back in 2007. Tried to play then but my laptop had no graphics card

lolwut?

China (as well as many other south asian countries) has a very specific ban on products made in Japan. Why in the hell would the Japanese Government allow a Chinese company to advertise their products in their country? o.O

Either way they die
  • MoldySkies - Sanctuary
    MoldySkies - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    FIX THE RUBBBBBBBBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGb:angryb:angryb:angry

Actually, this is more of an issue with your computer, or with your connection to PWI, not the PWI server itself. I dunno why everyone insists it's something that needs to be fixed. Check your OS, and system stats first. Then tracert to your server. Most likely the issue is with the 30 toolbars you have loaded in IE, or something like Norton running in the background. Wireless connections suffer heavily from this as well.
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Woot 2 Year Vet here - been playing since closed Beta b:laugh
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    2 year...maybe when I joined RQ and met all of those cool people...sometimes/mostly jerks but still <3 them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Woot 2 Year Vet here - been playing since closed Beta b:laugh

Same here. b:cute

I found this special when i could create characters that looked like me.
    And have the entire world on 1 map is of BIG importance to me.
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lolwut?

China (as well as many other south asian countries) has a very specific ban on products made in Japan. Why in the hell would the Japanese Government allow a Chinese company to advertise their products in their country? o.O
    your ignorance is astounding...
    what age do you live in...

Perfect world started in china, then it spread to other countries like malaysia, japan, korea, EU and the u.s.
    Ironically they use the JP logo on the PW wiki....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World

japan and koreas PW started same time around 2007

come out of your little hole mr. barb the year is 2010 today
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Actually, this is more of an issue with your computer, or with your connection to PWI, not the PWI server itself. I dunno why everyone insists it's something that needs to be fixed. Check your OS, and system stats first. Then tracert to your server. Most likely the issue is with the 30 toolbars you have loaded in IE, or something like Norton running in the background. Wireless connections suffer heavily from this as well.

riiiigghhtttt... because magically after the big maintenance over 80% of the people playing pwi went from not having this issue to having this issue cuz we all now have issues to our computer?? at the same time?? mmhmmm... that makes TOTAL sense b:thanks thanks for clearing that up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    your ignorance is astounding...
    what age do you live in...

Perfect world started in china, then it spread to other countries like malaysia, japan, korea, EU and the u.s.
    Ironically they use the JP logo on the PW wiki....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World

japan and koreas PW started same time around 2007

come out of your little hole mr. barb the year is 2010 today

And yet, you still can't buy Game consoles, or cars, or a lot of other products in China/S.Korea/etc. that's specifically made in Japan.

Might want to check tariff laws before you go accusing people of ignorance. Some products made in Japan aren't allowed in a lot of other asian countries.

Either way they die
  • MoldySkies - Sanctuary
    MoldySkies - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    riiiigghhtttt... because magically after the big maintenance over 80% of the people playing pwi went from not having this issue to having this issue cuz we all now have issues to our computer?? at the same time?? mmhmmm... that makes TOTAL sense b:thanks thanks for clearing that up

I guess I thought it was common knowledge that there is a memory leak and you need to reboot after updating. A hard boot is best. Been playing two years, no issues with rubber-banding that haven't been attributable to one of the previously mentioned issues.
  • I_M_Fugly - Sanctuary
    I_M_Fugly - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I guess I thought it was common knowledge that there is a memory leak and you need to reboot after updating. A hard boot is best. Been playing two years, no issues with rubber-banding that haven't been attributable to one of the previously mentioned issues.

And that the problem became crazy times ten with the patch before last is pure coincidence. All our computers, routers and ISP's just went to **** all at the same time. ok Got it.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Happy Birthday PWI!!

2 year Vet here....Well, almost like most. Only a few days away.

Nonetheless. Memories of this game being great was when I made a HA Cleric and got so many looks from people when I would heal them even though I weilded two swords.

Then I realized I was a fail build. b:chuckle

Then I joined Lost City server and all was good. Since then, the community in Lost City has made this game fun to stick around. Who else has a Rose with so many thorns, a talking Hamsta and Barb with 40K+ HP b:shocked

Also, no other server has more epic drops than we do!! b:dirty

Lots of Happy Birthday cheers for all you from Lost City for making this game fun to be in.

My future is now making my RPK SIN only faction.

WePokeYou, come join the fun in not only being a SIN but an a*s too.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would say since one game is coming almost to end for me as there won't be any healing classes in it.This is now the game that will get more of my time atleast it has healer who can be both offensive and heal at the same time.I hope PWE beats the pants off of that other company who is making that other game.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • IVIrJasper - Heavens Tear
    IVIrJasper - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PATCH LINK: Pre download now save the lag and be patched before the server comes online.. DO NOT APPLY BEFORE THE SERVER GOES OFFLINE OR YOU'LL HAVE TO REPAIR AND REPATCH YOU WHOLE CLIENT>> AKA BE SMART ABOUT IT>>

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_402-408.cup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I SHALL SMASH YOUR SKULL LIKE A CLAM ON MY TUMMY!
  • Rohani - Dreamweaver
    Rohani - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1 year vet here. I remember when I first started playing, anniversary mounts had just come out.

I knew PWI was a special game, when my family started playing. One Christmas visit, and I got my sister, husband, and stepson to play.
This discussion has been closed.