An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Options

Comments

• yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The TW changes were made primarily to make TW more competitive

b:dirty Crystal walk -->free land -->free mirages b:victory thx Devs for the free stuffs

WTS Mirages 1m each
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just like to mark my 1000th post by saying how much PWE disappoints me.
  • XKashiya - Dreamweaver
    XKashiya - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just like to mark my 1000th post by saying how much PWE disappoints me.

i agree with you :P
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Is it that hard for the GMs and Devs to understand that theres no point in fighting for a land if the costs for charms, pots, towers, cata scrolls, etc, cant be covered with the new reward for getting a land? I can get as many mirages as a level 3 land offers in less than a week so whats the point of rewarding an entire faction with mirages? Like 2 mirages for each player that attended the TW or something. There were many players that only played at end game just to be good at TW, but with no useful reward for TW other than free teleport, more apothecary pots and mirage, its not even worth the effort.

TW has become a pay-to-have-fun event in game, cause u pay more to do TW than u earn as a reward if u win.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PW has become a pay-to-have-fun event in game, cause u pay more to do PW than u earn as a reward if u win.

fixed.
  • bimbrain
    bimbrain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    fixed.

agreed
  • Ivelio - Lost City
    Ivelio - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Now this is my first post .. even tho the description of Inflation is copy pasted i marked with red the important parts of the text , now in the text is mentioned what is the cause and how it is supposed to fix it .. ( have patience with me since i am a bit tired and my english is not so good at this hour )

In economics, inflation is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time. When the price level rises, each unit of currency buys fewer goods and services; consequently, inflation is also an erosion in the purchasing power of money – a loss of real value in the internal medium of exchange and unit of account in the economy. A chief measure of price inflation is the inflation rate, the annualized percentage change in a general price index (normally the Consumer Price Index) over time.

Inflation's effects on an economy are manifold and can be simultaneously positive and negative. Negative effects of inflation include a decrease in the real value of money and other monetary items over time; uncertainty about future inflation may discourage investment and saving, or may lead to reductions in investment of productive capital and increase savings in non-producing assets. e.g. selling stocks and buying gold. This can reduce overall economic productivity rates, as the capital required to retool companies becomes more elusive or expensive. High inflation may lead to shortages of goods if consumers begin hoarding out of concern that prices will increase in the future. Positive effects include a mitigation of economic recessions,and debt relief by reducing the real level of debt.

High rates of inflation and hyperinflation can be caused by an excessive growth of the money supply. Views on which factors determine low to moderate rates of inflation are more varied. Low or moderate inflation may be attributed to fluctuations in real demand for goods and services, or changes in available supplies such as during scarcities, as well as to growth in the money supply. However, the consensus view is that a long sustained period of inflation is caused by money supply growing faster than the rate of economic growth.

Today, most mainstream economists favor a low steady rate of inflation. Low (as opposed to zero or negative) inflation may reduce the severity of economic recessions by enabling the labor market to adjust more quickly in a downturn, and reduce the risk that a liquidity trap prevents monetary policy from stabilizing the economy.The task of keeping the rate of inflation low and stable is usually given to monetary authorities. Generally, these monetary authorities are the central banks that control the size of the money supply through the setting of interest rates, through open market operations, and through the setting of banking reserve requirements.

Cause : lots of cash on market ( TW is a cause yes , not the only one like is mentioned in the update )

Economical FIX : ( as ingame economy ... i should say that game economy is the same as RL economy so same fix but terms are a bit different )
    NOTE - server is a bank inside the game so all coins returned to server reduces the inflation , since they are not put in motion between players .

1) NPC's should " absorb " more cash from the market , players should be able to buy more equipment (NEEDED EQUIPMENT , not junk ) from NPCs or NPC services for doing specific tasks
    EX : BH wines bought from NPC in exchange for coins
    2 ) buy gold from server with coins ( bring the gold price to lower price ) remove the monopoly that CS-er have over the gold price
    EX : server should be able to sell gold at a rate of 200/250 k rate ( no pack / with packs )
    3 ) remove any way that server pumps large amounts of cash inside the game except : Quests , NPC item selling , Awards from events ( like TW )
    EX : best tokens
    4 ) provide an alternative to cash shop with same items farm-able ingame but with farm-able time around 1 week to 2 months depending on grade of an item
    EX : wings ( all )
    5 ) remove any way for CS-ers to buy coins or get coins from cash shop
    removing at same time the unfair advantage that CSers have to control PvP and economics of the game and at the same time stimulate the economy by selling the items from packs at a more affordable price for free players
    EX : same as 3)

these examples are just a few that are needed to be made .. now i know that not all are in favor of the players or in favor of CSers because best tokes actualy give cash to the free player also ( well after the HH patch not anymore but again i try to be on topic with the TW issue and economical side of the game )
  • Ivelio - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol :) 2 posts and most of my text is gone
  • Pacothenoob - Dreamweaver
    Pacothenoob - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Funniest tw request ever b:thanks
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just like no being able to fly in TW, which is still in the "Rules" on this and all other PW sites. b:surrender

This was actually fixed on the site not too long ago (http://pwi.perfectworld.com/advinfo/territory)

As for the current TW system, it's still being monitored. We are now 2 weeks in.
  • Ivelio - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    since the response was > As for the current TW system, it's still being monitored. We are now 2 weeks in.

i will want to ask 1 thing that was not asked till now .. i doubt there will be any response or a decent response ... frankieraye since playerbase decided that the TW patch is a failure ( stating the obvious ) and developers didnt yet reached a conclusion if they reach the same conclusion as we did what do you guys have in mind as a backup plan ?
  • HuntingBears - Archosaur
    HuntingBears - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the day TW changed was the most important day in your lives.

to me..it was Tuesday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This was actually fixed on the site not too long ago (http://pwi.perfectworld.com/advinfo/territory)

As for the current TW system, it's still being monitored. We are now 2 weeks in.

Frankie why do you always pick and choose your replies so you're either nitpicking a technicality in one post or responding to something totally irrelevant in the thread? Grow up and be useful.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Because the GMs can't answer the 1 bazillion complaints.
  • Crick - Lost City
    Crick - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Still waiting for all the small guilds to start bidding like this update was intended to encourage. Seeing they depend on member contributions to bid, which isn't going happen with no guarentee of a TW and a risk of losing the funds they used to bid.

Lost City TW a big count of 4 this week. Seriously this update did not get more smaller guilds bidding, all its done is made it easier for fractions with money to own the entire map.

Trash this update and lets go back to TW the way it was.
  • ormathon
    ormathon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The only TW on my server is just from the already rich factions trying to get arch. Thats about it.

And ur patch effectivly killed 50% of the barbarian population. And around 20% of the other classes(Talking lvl 90+ here) except veno's. More players reroll to veno since they can solo pretty much anything in the game with low costs <.<.

Instead of replying only to the topics you like and making people more frustrated. Tell china to remove the TW **** on USA servers only. Since again, we dont have the problem of someone locking 20 people up in a room to farm coin. And if china wants to fix something on their servers. Really LOOK into if we actually need it on the USA servers its a 99% chance we dont, since we are not china.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ormathon wrote: »
    And ur patch effectivly killed 50% of the barbarian population. And around 20% of the other classes(Talking lvl 90+ here) except veno's. More players reroll to veno since they can solo pretty much anything in the game with low costs <.<.

But not TT3-x. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well Tw was fine on HT last night longest fight ever vs number 1 guild tee hee. but seriously refund the bids would make a lot off ppl happy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well Tw was fine on HT last night longest fight ever vs number 1 guild tee hee. but seriously refund the bids would make a lot off ppl happy

So like 1 positive post out of thousands of complaints, I wonder which post GMs will quote.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

You do realize that having an enjoyable battle against Enrage does not equate to "TW was fine on HT" right?
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow sarcasm is lost on all i guess putting seriously after the joke wasnt a big enough hint that it was a joke huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok I admit it....your joke/sarcasm was not very good. I don't see how it was sarcasm even after you point it out.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    its ok i was half asleep and mostly drunk when i typed it i know i had a point but what it was i cant tell u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    its ok i was half asleep and mostly drunk when i typed it i know i had a point but what it was i cant tell u

What's so good about your point that you can't tell anyone about it?
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What's so good about your point that you can't tell anyone about it?

Cause i forgot it. Ok i gotta ask u cant be serious r u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Two lil updates in more than 2 weeks? i just want spend the month fast to hopefully get things as before
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TW is till pure sh.it right now. IJS.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have noticed one thing... that TW Pots that are usually being sold at 1k streams for 30k each, are now being offered for sale for 20k each.

TW on Lost City... is dead.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have noticed one thing... that TW Pots that are usually being sold at 1k streams for 30k each, are now being offered for sale for 20k each.

TW on Lost City... is dead.

Apoth prices in HT have dropped as well. And the TW turnout lately is terrible. I went into TW with a 5-man squad...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Apoth prices in HT have dropped as well. And the TW turnout lately is terrible. I went into TW with a 5-man squad...

Almost all of our squads are 5 man as we keep 2 barbs at base to buff people as they revive.

All of our reserves were used though.... luckily it was only a 7m war. :\
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
This discussion has been closed.