For those of you spazzing @ GM's

13»

Comments

• Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Honestly, we wouldn't be spazzing at the GMs if they'd do a better job of 'hearing us out'. So far all they've done since this horror they visited upon us is ban people for posting offensive pics, delete threads talking about That Video, yell at us for not keeping the topic to one thread, take away our freaking image posting for pity's sake, and whine about over-the-top insults.

HINT, HINT, people!? This forum was never this out of control since the change. You wanted to give the new system some time? Well, it's been a few weeks. Factions are losing money and not getting repaid for it. WHY? What made you guys think that was an INTELLIGENT decision?

Or is the head developer just having their PMS days or something?
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I agree with most of what you have stated...it is hard though (imo) for those that have never worked a Customer Service job or been in the position to take and field complaints that are out of your control.

Just because ppl do not like something, it is no excuse for the name-calling, etc. If people posted more constructive things, then maybe a better response would be given...Food for thought.

I would like to think that everyone would be in agreement with your comments here. Unfortunately, as it can take time to return any beneficial feedback, things can come across as being ignored or, that the threads are made to give the impression that something is being done.

Communication quite likely is being undertaken but there are little to no clues given that this is the case.

I can also imagine that some detail gets lost on the way through the departments...

The Plan.
    In the beginning, there was the Plan. Then came the Assumptions and the Assumptions were without form and the Plan was without substance. Darkness was upon the face of the players and they spoke among themselves, saying, "It is a crock of s*** and it stinketh."
    The players went into their GM's and said, "It is a pail of dung and none may abide the odour thereof." The GM's went unto their Managers, saying, "It is a container of excrement and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."
    The Managers went unto their PWI Corporate Communications Dept., saying, "It is a vessel of fertilizer and none may abide it's strength." The Corporate Communications Dept. spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another, "It contains that which aids plant growth and it is very strong."
    The PWI Corporate Communications Dept. went unto the CN Corporate Communications Dept., saying, "It promotes growth and it is very powerful." The Corporate Communications Dept. went unto the CEO, saying, "This new Plan will actively promote the growth and vigor of the company with powerful effects."
    And the CEO looked upon the Plan and saw that it was good. And the Plan became Policy. This is how S*** Happens. b:surrender
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Honestly, we wouldn't be spazzing at the GMs if they'd do a better job of 'hearing us out'. So far all they've done since this horror they visited upon us is ban people for posting offensive pics, delete threads talking about That Video, yell at us for not keeping the topic to one thread, take away our freaking image posting for pity's sake, and whine about over-the-top insults.

And Lock my signatures thread for whatever reason b:worried

HINT, HINT, people!? This forum was never this out of control since the change. You wanted to give the new system some time? Well, it's been a few weeks. Factions are losing money and not getting repaid for it. WHY? What made you guys think that was an INTELLIGENT decision?

Or is the head developer just having their PMS days or something?

Well I guess we can just say that s**t has officially hit the fan now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear3
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    haybails wrote: »
    The Plan.
    In the beginning, there was the Plan. Then came the Assumptions and the Assumptions were without form and the Plan was without substance. Darkness was upon the face of the players and they spoke among themselves, saying, "It is a crock of s*** and it stinketh."
    The players went into their GM's and said, "It is a pail of dung and none may abide the odour thereof." The GM's went unto their Managers, saying, "It is a container of excrement and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."
    The Managers went unto their PWI Corporate Communications Dept., saying, "It is a vessel of fertilizer and none may abide it's strength." The Corporate Communications Dept. spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another, "It contains that which aids plant growth and it is very strong."
    The PWI Corporate Communications Dept. went unto the CN Corporate Communications Dept., saying, "It promotes growth and it is very powerful." The Corporate Communications Dept. went unto the CEO, saying, "This new Plan will actively promote the growth and vigor of the company with powerful effects."
    And the CEO looked upon the Plan and saw that it was good. And the Plan became Policy. This is how S*** Happens. b:surrender

This is amazing and I love you for it.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And Lock my signatures thread for whatever reason b:worried

Well I guess we can just say that s**t has officially hit the fan now.

Lock your thread without explanation is just ridiculous. b:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010

It is calling running a forum...regardless of anger and such there are still rules.
    haybails wrote: »
    The Plan.

Welcome to the Corporate World...I live it everyday, 5-7 days a week through work. Some things you just never understand and some things take some time. Also, changes to "new" things takes time. It is climbing the ladder that is the pain and the time consumption, not coming down from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010

This is amazing and I love you for it.

Yeah , unfortunately it's not true though.

The basic info on PWI's top brass is found here : it shows a bunch of people, well educated, some of whom have studied in the US and lists their biography

It's not that they can't read the forum, it's more that they don't care for their consumers or the effect of their decisions on the community, maybe not even for their product.

Or maybe their resume is just complete fiction, in which case it's not something that invokes a lot of trust either.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    gms don't care lol. The impression I get from most gms on any game I played is a souless macine with no sense of humor. So let them take the bullets :).
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • SxCii - Lost City
    SxCii - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It is calling running a forum...regardless of anger and such there are still rules.

Welcome to the Corporate World...I live it everyday, 5-7 days a week through work. Some things you just never understand and some things take some time. Also, changes to "new" things takes time. It is climbing the ladder that is the pain and the time consumption, not coming down from it.

ohhh roses, ive learned to keep my mouth shut and keep to myself xD Theres no point in arguing with a brick wall b:shutup
  • _kaela_ - Raging Tide
    _kaela_ - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Brown-nosing the GMs will get you nowhere @ OP. Let them feel the heat, they have more power than you care to think, and what they can't change, they can relay back to their employers what needs to be changed.