[Server Maintenance] 8-10-10 DONE!

Options

Comments

• SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Way to fail PWI, way to fail.. u are leroy jenkins, you mean well but you're just plain old doin it wrong.. Genie energy meter - Still empty untill 100%, Genie EXP bar - Still way too big and overlapping the numbers, Mob info display - Still overlapping.. i havent even checked the mailbox yet or the umteen other likely unfixed issues since last patch.. but the squad menu looks nice :) good work on that ;)
  • Rainebovv - Heavens Tear
    Rainebovv - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dirtycar74 wrote: »
    Well said, BUT...

There are times when you have to admit that some thing(s) didn't/don't go the way that you thought they would, and it would be nice to hear from the dev's that they were wrong to implement a half-a$$ed, rushed, and utterly flawed "patch" to fix a non-existent hole.

At the very least I would like to hear a simple, "we're sorry" from the dev's, and to see that they'll test in the future any proposed updates on reality-based screen resolutions before spawning all this type of rant in the first place. I mean, for duck's sake, the whole text thing could've been entirely avoided if dev's took a look at it in a testing environment before allowing it to go to the public. Be honest, and publicly admit that the last update was a tad bit more than a mild flop. I never have and probably never will TW so that doesn't affect me; but for those that do (or did), it sure seems to be a hot topic. Sorry. I can see both sides; but I don't see how releasing a flopped update can EVER be legitimately called an update, or maintenance for that matter - unless you simply perform maintenance to beget more maintenance...

...Sorry, but this is my response to your rant; a bit of a rant unto itself. Not meant to belittle you personally; or anyone in specific, for that matter.

-D

Lol, I agree with you. And yes that would actually be very nice and maybe calm most of the angry users on here. >.< lol
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Look through the threads we had about a year or so ago. Back then, bugs were mostly fixed, we had a great community, and, in general, nobody complained much.

Having gone through 4 months worth of posts during mid last year, this is the absolute truth.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ShadesGlory - Heavens Tear
    ShadesGlory - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just got the latest patch and the text is better but we still have the ****** boxes on the chat, the genie energy bar is still bugged (Only shows energy when its full). Well if i get a headache this time i will uninstall for good.
  • ClericOfFear - Archosaur
    ClericOfFear - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Im not sure if its just me or if its the patch but i cnat see the Person to get the Public quest. But the Quest is still in my find quests and i havent read anything about it being removed from the game. So if its just me sorry but if its the patch please fix it.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Im not sure if its just me or if its the patch but i cnat see the Person to get the Public quest. But the Quest is still in my find quests and i havent read anything about it being removed from the game. So if its just me sorry but if its the patch please fix it.

Yeah that's just another glitch type from the long list of them. You need to log out of the client completely and relog back in for the npc to "appear".

I get it a lot with the BH guy.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Disappearing NPCs? Nice one, time to release a fix for your fix which wasnt even that good because it addressed 5-10% of the actual things that needed to be fixed.

When will the sub-par quality "fixes" end?

Did you replace your technical team with a "special" person who slams their head repeatadly against the keyboard because he's cheaper? Come on, you can be honest with us.
  • ClericOfFear - Archosaur
    ClericOfFear - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah that's just another glitch type from the long list of them. You need to log out of the client completely and relog back in for the npc to "appear".

I get it a lot with the BH guy.

i tried that and it didnt work. i tried twice.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    umm daily quest npc's tend to dissapear for a bit before the daily's reset dont they? i've noticed it with the BountyHunter, one second he'll be there, the next he'll be gone, then a bit later he'll be back with a shield above his head again
  • Mokahla - Archosaur
    Mokahla - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    gotta say tank cause you know, i never out a healer :D
    b:chuckle Oh! You were SERIOUS? Pfft, dont make me laugh b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Did you replace your technical team with a "special" person who slams their head repeatadly against the keyboard because he's cheaper? Come on, you can be honest with us.

Between their bull**** about testing every patch before release and then managing to bring out such atrocious UI problems, and their bull**** about changing TW because it was oh-so-obviously the reason for our current economic situation and the best luck tokens had abso-****ing-lutely nothing to do with it

Clearly they can't be honest with us.

(I know that was sarcasm on your part, but come on. It had to be said.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What's with the ninja plat. charm sale too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Between their bull**** about testing every patch before release and then managing to bring out such atrocious UI problems, and their bull**** about changing TW because it was oh-so-obviously the reason for our current economic situation and the best luck tokens had abso-****ing-lutely nothing to do with it

Clearly they can't be honest with us.

(I know that was sarcasm on your part, but come on. It had to be said.)

Lol, uve got a point, but im telling us they can be, if they want to be, they've just not chosen to yet.

To be honest with the kind of customer they've got...
    Well, if they were a chain of McDonald's they could hang up a sign saying "Made with our own urine" and still get away with charging $1000 a burger. That's because their customers dont care about quality.

Honestly, A product reflects it's customers, You've got a poorly maintained product which sucks the money out of ur pockets and is going down hill because you let it go that way. (Not talking to anyone in particular there)
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Monies. OH MY ****ING GOD, MONIES!!!.

That's what >.>
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pah, new packs. Nuff said.
  • littlemoya
    littlemoya Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    charm sale is gonna help so much after TW systems is completely messed up, way to go PWI team!b:victory
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    littlemoya wrote: »
    charm sale is gonna help so much after TW systems is completely messed up, way to go PWI team!b:victory

The equivalent of building a $1 store in poverty stricken Somalia and charging them to build it.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle lol
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Everyone needs new charms after Forest Ruins lastnight. b:surrender

I'm only half kidding.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Ice_ - Raging Tide
    Ice_ - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Who has been playing PW for a long time?
    Long enough to have noticed how much
    *removed* has been going wrong, i played about
    1.5 yrs ago and was absent for a year, and i
    must say it;s not the same, NOT DIFFERENT
    BUT WORSE. it's a shame reallyb:shocked
    Revenge is best served COLD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's really sad to see people badger the people that make this game, as if they are purposely NOT fixing the things that need to be fixed. I'm sure they are doing the best they can to make it a great experience for all of us. And then you have those people that complain. >_< Gosh, really if you want to learn all that coding and fix it yourself well then make your own little perfect game that will be perfect with no glitches and no nothing. And then you'll be happy. but you won't because its hard to make a game that needs to be constantly updated to have 0 glitches. It's rare. Let them do their job, dammit. It's not like they really get paid for this anyway. >.>

.....Sorrry...bit of a rant.

I'm usually one griping about those complaining; however, after spending 5 gold on hyper stones to use the x12 option and EVERYONE in the squad (higher and lower lvl than me) getting more exp than me and they used nothing, I believe I earned the right to complain. 8500 exp compared to the 40k most everyone else got is bull.

When you pay for a service that isn't working the way its supposed to, the way you paid for it to you earn the right to complain.

Side note: the GM's do GET PAID. The moderators of the forums do not.

I'm still wishing they'd fix barrage to work how its supposed to, but after 2 years I"m not holding my breath.
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    for every1 QQ'ing about packs, it could be worse, they could have decided to "fix" something else...

btw Mods quitting really? If so that just helps to prove our point; PWI is screwed beyond repair.

I quit when the new patch was released, so I dont really care what PWE does anymore...

*removed*
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's really sad to see people badger the people that make this game, as if they are purposely NOT fixing the things that need to be fixed. I'm sure they are doing the best they can to make it a great experience for all of us. And then you have those people that complain. >_< Gosh, really if you want to learn all that coding and fix it yourself well then make your own little perfect game that will be perfect with no glitches and no nothing. And then you'll be happy. but you won't because its hard to make a game that needs to be constantly updated to have 0 glitches. It's rare. Let them do their job, dammit. It's not like they really get paid for this anyway. >.>

.....Sorrry...bit of a rant.

I apologise but I'm going to have to counter your rant.

You say you're sure they are trying to make it a great experience for us all, you know thats a load of bull right there don't you? There's ONE thing PWE cares about and its profit. They dont care about our satisfaction, they dont give a damn about any of us, or the product, they care about profit and figures that is all.

If trying to suck the money right out of our wallets and purses is your idea of "Trying to give us a good experience" then damn right thats exactly what they're trying to do, but personally I think its offensive and insulting how obviously PWE are trying to scam us out of our money, I mean seriously, trying to make it so its impossible to compete with a cash shopper, even if you cash shop $15-20 per month, you stand no chance against what they are creating, the vast majority of level 100+ who havent left the game yet buy over 500 gold per month, and thats exactly what PWE want.

To be totally honest they dont want people who put $10-15 into the game every few months like the majority of the players, they get in the way, they create more work for PWE. PWE would rather see them all leae and just be left with the $500 per month elite players, thats where they make the most profit and that is all that matter to them, bottom line.

As you can see, I'm not complaining that they cant do a simple fix, althought they should be able to, they're paid a ridiculous amount of money by the customers each month and clearly none of that is re-invested in trying to improve customer satisfaction it just ends up in their big fat wallets. But no, that's not what im bothered about, im bother by their blatant attempts to force people to pay more and more for the game.

PWE is like many companies in this industry, mmorpg tends to lead to companies getting greedy and ruining their own products... This is rare in normal games with a one time purchase fee because the companies cannot milk any more money out of their customers unless they release an expansion or sequel and if the company treated the customers badly they would never buy into an expansion or sequel...

MMORPG is unique as it's addictive lie a drug, that way PWE and other companies like them can milk money out of their little addicts and abuse them.

I wont stand for it so ive left the game and im living the clean life, im off MMORPG. Have fun, Junkies.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nice update PWI!

Recycling crappy packs from 2009 again are we. Bet u keep people interested in the game that way.

Seriously tho if you're gonna spam us with packs at least make the freaking effort to create new ones. Hoping for new in game content, that isn't killing of the entire TW feature, is to much to ask for i know. But ffs return of the Coral packs again LOL
  • Corvanna - Heavens Tear
    Corvanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I apologise but I'm going to have to counter your rant.

You say you're sure they are trying to make it a great experience for us all, you know thats a load of bull right there don't you? There's ONE thing PWE cares about and its profit. They dont care about our satisfaction, they dont give a damn about any of us, or the product, they care about profit and figures that is all.

If trying to suck the money right out of our wallets and purses is your idea of "Trying to give us a good experience" then damn right thats exactly what they're trying to do, but personally I think its offensive and insulting how obviously PWE are trying to scam us out of our money, I mean seriously, trying to make it so its impossible to compete with a cash shopper, even if you cash shop $15-20 per month, you stand no chance against what they are creating, the vast majority of level 100+ who havent left the game yet buy over 500 gold per month, and thats exactly what PWE want.

To be totally honest they dont want people who put $10-15 into the game every few months like the majority of the players, they get in the way, they create more work for PWE. PWE would rather see them all leae and just be left with the $500 per month elite players, thats where they make the most profit and that is all that matter to them, bottom line.

As you can see, I'm not complaining that they cant do a simple fix, althought they should be able to, they're paid a ridiculous amount of money by the customers each month and clearly none of that is re-invested in trying to improve customer satisfaction it just ends up in their big fat wallets. But no, that's not what im bothered about, im bother by their blatant attempts to force people to pay more and more for the game.

PWE is like many companies in this industry, mmorpg tends to lead to companies getting greedy and ruining their own products... This is rare in normal games with a one time purchase fee because the companies cannot milk any more money out of their customers unless they release an expansion or sequel and if the company treated the customers badly they would never buy into an expansion or sequel...

MMORPG is unique as it's addictive lie a drug, that way PWE and other companies like them can milk money out of their little addicts and abuse them.

I wont stand for it so ive left the game and im living the clean life, im off MMORPG. Have fun, Junkies.

Rainebovv has a good point. Remember that PWE is a business, it's not a charity. The goal of a business is to maximize profits so there is nothing wrong with that.

As for the cash shop, again, no one is forcing you to use it. I happen to know quite a few people who never used the cash shop and they pwn at pvp and pve. Bottom line? If you want something you gotta work for it. People always QQ about how unfair it is that the cash shopper have an advantage, well tough cookies cuz they've put more into this game than you did (yes even in terms of $$) and they deserve that advantage. If you want to have that advantage then pay up or start to work your **** off. Like I said, there are people who actually worked for their stuff in game (ie. herc).

I'm not a heavy cash shopper and peronally I think it's dumb to spend $500 in this game. There are some of us who just wanna take a load off after a long day of work or school, and that is how people should treat this game - as a relaxation. If you want to be that serious then I suggest you go back to the office and work overtime. If PWI is an addiction to you and you are able to quit then congrats to ya. b:pleased But remember no one forced you to play in the first place and if you can't handle the temptation of a single game then good luck in rl.

Oh and for all you ppl flaming at the GMs yes they do get paid but THEY DONT MAKE THE GAME *sorry for caps*. They are simply given the changes and asked to implement them. Dont shoot the messenger.

On topic: kudos for fixing the text GMs UI looks much better b:thanks for the next patch can we get rid of that horrifying genie exp bar plz b:cute oh and the friend list text is still huge as well as some text on the genie exp window b:chuckle
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Rainebovv has a good point. Remember that PWE is a business, it's not a charity. The goal of a business is to maximize profits so there is nothing wrong with that.

As for the cash shop, again, no one is forcing you to use it. I happen to know quite a few people who never used the cash shop and they pwn at pvp and pve. Bottom line? If you want something you gotta work for it. People always QQ about how unfair it is that the cash shopper have an advantage, well tough cookies cuz they've put more into this game than you did (yes even in terms of $$) and they deserve that advantage. If you want to have that advantage then pay up or start to work your **** off. Like I said, there are people who actually worked for their stuff in game (ie. herc).

I'm not a heavy cash shopper and peronally I think it's dumb to spend $500 in this game. There are some of us who just wanna take a load off after a long day of work or school, and that is how people should treat this game - as a relaxation. If you want to be that serious then I suggest you go back to the office and work overtime. If PWI is an addiction to you and you are able to quit then congrats to ya. b:pleased But remember no one forced you to play in the first place and if you can't handle the temptation of a single game then good luck in rl.

Oh and for all you ppl flaming at the GMs yes they do get paid but THEY DONT MAKE THE GAME *sorry for caps*. They are simply given the changes and asked to implement them. Dont shoot the messenger.

On topic: kudos for fixing the text GMs UI looks much better b:thanks for the next patch can we get rid of that horrifying genie exp bar plz b:cute oh and the friend list text is still huge as well as some text on the genie exp window b:chuckle

Nice job in completely missing the point of my post. I guess you didn't read it all.
    I know they are a business and not a charity, I'm in my final year of a business masters degree myself, I know how business works and the way PWE are behaving their business does not have a bright future, trust me.
    Customer satisfaction will lead to long term profits, not what they are doing now.

Btw, standard "Cash shopper V normal shopper" argument is not what this is about, this is about the changes that have recently been made, seriously.
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Patch Notes Version 392
    Released August 10, 2010

Fixed the overlapping text issues on the Genie Interface.

Squad Menu
    Fixed overlapping / large text issues.
    Fixed the Archer's checkbox.

Preparing Wedding Invitations
    Fixed an issue where players would be disconnected from the server after typing long strings of text into the name field.

b:surprised

thanks for fixing the important stuff.
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm usually one griping about those complaining; however, after spending 5 gold on hyper stones to use the x12 option and EVERYONE in the squad (higher and lower lvl than me) getting more exp than me and they used nothing, I believe I earned the right to complain. 8500 exp compared to the 40k most everyone else got is bull.

When you pay for a service that isn't working the way its supposed to, the way you paid for it to you earn the right to complain.

Side note: the GM's do GET PAID. The moderators of the forums do not.

I'm still wishing they'd fix barrage to work how its supposed to, but after 2 years I"m not holding my breath.

+1 they really do get paid wtf was she/he talking about? the highlighted txt is all a win to me.
  • Corvanna - Heavens Tear
    Corvanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nice job in completely missing the point of my post. I guess you didn't read it all.
    I know they are a business and not a charity, I'm in my final year of a business masters degree myself, I know how business works and the way PWE are behaving their business does not have a bright future, trust me.
    Customer satisfaction will lead to long term profits, not what they are doing now.

Btw, standard "Cash shopper V normal shopper" argument is not what this is about, this is about the changes that have recently been made, seriously.

Good point, on any other occation I'd completely agree with you. But remember a MMORPG is not set for long term profit. It is a product of technology and like all technology it gets replaced very fast. To be honest I don't see myself playing this game in 3-4 yrs and chances are most people won't because more new and better games will come out that has better graphics etc etc. The point is PWE probably only have about 5 yrs to effectively make profits off this game and then move on to other games.

You could say that satisfying the players will lead to better profits in other PWE games but know that players grow and change, there will always be players quitting gaming entirely and new players coming in so they won't have to worry about losing customer base.

My 2 cents b:pleasedb:bye
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Half fixing the text issue is not a fix. STOP ADDING TO THE CASH SHOP AND @#@$%$#$^ FIX THE GAME!
This discussion has been closed.